Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 - thread 5 - getting excited as we all start getting 12 week scans and move into our second trimester....

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Mon 17-Jun-13 18:42:22

Here we go again....

omama I got a Bravissimo one today - not maternity (underwired) but comfy as anything, and I think it was Toby who said you don't have to have non-wired/she didn't (I am 38F, so non-wired look like parachutes..)

Xmasbaby11 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:49:48

Consultant said he would recommend c section after birth from hell, 10lb baby and severe prolapse last time. Hurrah!

TobyLerone Mon 17-Jun-13 21:57:27

sad loulou. I'm exactly the same as you (11+1) and still awful nausea. No puking, luckily, but it's still horrid. I feel your pain.

TobyLerone Mon 17-Jun-13 22:02:55

Yes, it was me re the non-wired fallacy. As long as your bra fits properly (many places, M&S and department stores included are apparently fitting bras according to a now-obsolete formula), you can have wires. Google bra guru fitting (am on phone and is a pita to link) and have a read. See also the Bra Intervention threads on here.

I followed this advice and went from a 38D to a 34F. It has actually changed my life. My boobs now actually fit in my bra, and because it's tight round the back, my shoulders aren't bearing all the weight any more. My clothes fit better, too.

If you can find a non-underwired bra which fits like a wired one in all the places it should, let us know! It would be a rarity indeed!

Sultanajo Mon 17-Jun-13 22:04:42

Congrats on all the fabbie scans and welcome to all the newbies!

Toby I am with u! 12+1 today and nausea and knackeredness have been as bad as ever. In fact its worse than it was a week ago - it was kicking in at 5pm and is starting 30 mins from waking and lasting until I go to bed! Whats with that??? No vomming thankfully but it still really sucks!

Cant properly catch up tonight - so tired can barely see straight! Cant believe we are on thread 5!!! grin

MrsGSR Mon 17-Jun-13 22:06:59

My issue is that I'm a 30GG, which is pretty impossibly to find (especially on the high street), so having to wear a 32G so going unwired for now!

TobyLerone Mon 17-Jun-13 22:07:02

Sultana, you'll be pleased to know that I finally bought some apples today wink

MrsAVB Mon 17-Jun-13 22:15:04

BOOM!
<me landing on the new Fred, FYI>
choco well done on filling Fred 4... smile
Today has been a baaaad vomming day. And I was hoping I was done after 3 vom free days. Sigh...
A (slightly tmi) question ladies. Hair removal. Err... Down there...? One of my stupid apps told me that hair removal cream chemicals are bad for preggos. I am a wax-pain-aphobe and shaving down there is just a baaaad idea. Any ideas? I want to go swimming without frightening any children, also I know at my 12 week scan this week I am having an internal too as my hospital does some extra scans of the foofoo to measure cervix length to identify risk factors around premature labour. And I would like them to be able to find my foofoo. blush.
Sleep well ladies, hope that hasn't given you any nightmares smile
X

Naturegirl82 Mon 17-Jun-13 22:15:21

mrsgsr I would really recommend bravissimo, they have quite a lot of 30 gg bras (wired and nonwired). The staff in their shops are lovely and helpful, or if not one near you I think they have free returns if you order online. I've not looked back since shopping in there.

MrsGSR Mon 17-Jun-13 22:18:15

I keep saying I'll look on the bravissimo website and then forgetting! I'll go on there now smile

MrsMLB Mon 17-Jun-13 23:22:16

Hi all :-)
Got first midwife app tomorrow....not sure what to expect...anything a good idea to ask?

BuntCadger Mon 17-Jun-13 23:31:01

<pulls up comfy chair> marking place

extracrunchy Tue 18-Jun-13 00:20:22

Boo grin

Yonionekanobe Tue 18-Jun-13 00:22:56

Hi everyone. Scan tomorrow - eek! Flying to America after it so hope all is well. Will probably be offline for best part of three weeks so wishing you all well for the 12 weeks and by the time I get back we may all have stopped puking and be blooming! x

chocoloulou33 Tue 18-Jun-13 00:49:34

Have reached an all time low. Vomming at night. Think this is worst day I've had so far :'( x

curlywurlyllass Tue 18-Jun-13 02:09:53

Checking in with a lack of symptoms

hope those of u still being sick can get a break soon

nightshifts and tiredness are a lethal combination, ive just banged my leg in the dark grr thats gonna bruise for the next 3-4 weeks sad

Xx

flowersfortea Tue 18-Jun-13 04:03:38

morning all, marking place.
Woke up at 3 nauseous and unable to switch off about work.

Off to find a midnight snack to see if it will help both!

TobyLerone Tue 18-Jun-13 06:51:03

Good luck, yoni, and have a good trip!

Poor loulou sad I hope you have a much better day today.

MrsA, can you trim? The only reason I can think that hair removal cream might be bad is because your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy. Perhaps do a patch test to see whether you react?

omama Tue 18-Jun-13 06:59:45

toby I didnt know the advice had changed re underwired bras - thought it was to do with preventing your milk ducts forming properly or something?

Anyhoo thats great news as most maternity & nursing bras are bloody awful! I will say tho, the hotmilk ones are very very supportive, I'm not small in that department either & I was pleasantly surprised.

Sultanajo Tue 18-Jun-13 07:31:55

Morning ladies!

choco and MrsAVB so sorry you guys are having such a rough time! It royally sucks! Perhaps it's the storm before the calm (she says crossing fingers and toes).....?

yoni best of luck! Really hope it all goes well and you have a fab time in the US! We will miss you while you are away!

Thinking of everyone with scans today - Penny deep breaths (and pack the tissues ready for your pre-scan meltdown)....wink

Could not switch off last night so tossed and turned the whole time and then couldn't get up this morning - zombified!!! Roll on 5pm!

Sultanajo Tue 18-Jun-13 07:32:51

Toby that's awesome! Hope they help you - I bought some Royal Gala yesterday (normally get Pink Lady) - for something different, but haven't had the guts to try them yet....will suck it up and try them today! grin

Sultanajo Tue 18-Jun-13 07:41:28

OK, a bit of advice about sleeping positions. I have managed to train myself to sleep on my back rather than my front, which is a massive achievement, but I struggle to stay on my side to sleep - I don't find it as comfortable, whereas I could stay on my back most of the night. I have read after 16 weeks you should ideally be sleeping on your LHS - to do with blood flow and oxygen to the baby. I ordered a dreamgenii pillow last night in a moment of desperation to try and get myself sleeping on my LHS by the time I get to 16 weeks, so there is no pressure to suddenly change.

Anyone else struggling with this and perhaps ladies who are on DC2+ how did you manage? A friend of mine ended up sleeping almost upright propped up with tons of pillows....

Frizz1986 Tue 18-Jun-13 07:52:55

Just checking in. Have just caught up on all the posts and now can't remember anything anyone said!

yoni have a fab time on holiday. Am sure it will be amazing!
I am still in normal trousers I just went for my bigger size. Need to get some mat ones I think but just can't be bothered.
Still no book growth this end. Am filling all the bras that i think used to be too big for me so I think something happened at some point.

Sorry to all those still ill. Still not been sick yet but have too much saliva in my mouth these days and it tastes horrific. Nothing will shift it even sour sweets!

Congrats on the scans too. Just under 2 weeks til mine and I can't wait. Need to get stage 1 over with as am v stressed financially with Dh about to be out of work and no one at work really knows how hard the situation is and keeps saying u'll be fine u are good at budgeting (all the while I know come Jan I will be earning next to nothing on mat pay and it will nowhere near cover our monthly outgoings)

Anyhow people go thru it harder than me so just gotta suck it up and go for it.

Best get ready for work as am already running later than normal.

extracrunchy Tue 18-Jun-13 08:09:20

MrsA your hair removal question made me laugh! I had the same concern last time. Thing is... Not too far from now you won't even be able to see down there and you really really won't care!!

MrsVDB Tue 18-Jun-13 08:12:13

D day. On the bus. Keep your fingers crossed for me pleased. Feeling very sad that this is probably my last hour or so being 'pregnant'

This thread is not accepting new messages.