Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduated elderberries - 30+ and looking forward to DC1! (Thread 5)

(1000 Posts)
Alexandra6 Mon 17-Jun-13 09:40:50

Hi everyone, hope you had good wkends, I'm looking forward to my holiday next Saturday (although won't be the usual sunbathing with wine flowing!), still can't wait just to relax especially as I'm feeling a bit rough and sick today! Work are piling on the pressure ahead of my hols but who cares, in one week I will be off for two weeks woop!

Just wondered when the really preggers people started to get lightning crotch/cervix pangs? So I can be prepared and not go into cervix panic!

HazleNutt Sun 23-Jun-13 12:19:15

No it's not because I'm terribly fit and full of energy. And am about as flexible and light on my feet as an average hippo.
Just that this baby needs to get out at some point and even the easiest birth ever won't be exactly a walk in the park. I hate waiting and worrying about it, so the sooner the better.

This darned baby doesn't seem to want to move, no idea how people cope with going two weeks over due, I'm impatient already and I'm not even at my due date (though I've got a deadline to keep to!)

So from what I remember, Hazle, you've got until Friday to give birth or they will want to induce you as you'll be 41 weeks (that right?)

I've got until Friday then the consultant will book me in for induction, I'd guess Monday or tue?

I think Janey was possibly looking at Friday as her date for elcs?

Cavort needs to give birth this week so as to not inconvenience her DHs work schedule...

Busy week for the berries! I'm not as dedicated to the eviction process as Hazle though, no body combat for me! We're taking DSS bowling, that's strenuous enough for me I think.

HazleNutt Sun 23-Jun-13 12:25:37

Yes they said to go to hospital on Friday if nothing is happening. Not sure if that would also mean immediate induction or if they would wait til after the weekend too.

Cavort Sun 23-Jun-13 12:40:42

The very fact that a late baby will be inconvenient for DH's work means that's when our baby is destined to arrive. sad

My friend is 41+2 with no signs so is booked in for induction on Friday, and you lot will all have your babies before me. envy I really would like to get my lodger out now.

I did just have what I thought might be contractions while huffing and puffing up a big hill with the dog, but it turned out I just needed the toilet blush so still no signs here.

Pictures all over Facebook from yesterday's wedding, mostly front facing and wearing a dark dress so you can't really tell i'm pregnant and just look massively fat. angry The Bride & Groom left about 10.30ish in a helicopter, the flash gits so luckily not too late as I don't think I would have lasted much longer.

Janey I'm hoping to wash my pram bedding but it's all currently tightly wedged into a cupboard until baby arrives so will have to do it after she's born.

I am so impressed that you are trying some Bodycombat Hazle. I really hope it works for you.

janey1234 Sun 23-Jun-13 14:49:41

All washed and hanging out to dry. I think I knew I ought to do it but was being lazy thought it was worth checking.

Yes busy week indeed for us all. Think we're all reaching the point we wouldn't mind evicting the bumps. I'm fine, but it's really not that comfortable being knocked up right now...

HazleNutt Mon 24-Jun-13 07:01:04

No news here. Not a sign.

janey1234 Mon 24-Jun-13 07:36:25

Oh hazle hmm

How are you feeling? Well? Fed up?

So impressed with you doing body pump still. I walked for 20 mins yesterday, and had to keep stopping due to shooting pains and braxton hicks. Hats off.

HazleNutt Mon 24-Jun-13 07:53:15

Physically, I feel fine. Fed up with all the "I assume you've had the baby by now, yes?" messages and I don't like the wait.
Pains and increased braxtons are also a signs of labour starting, so I wouldn't mind some right now..

janey1234 Mon 24-Jun-13 07:54:00

Are you at work today? Or allowed a a day off due to being past your due date...?

HazleNutt Mon 24-Jun-13 08:14:14

I'm working from home now, boss really should not complain.

janey1234 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:26:36

Again, hats off. I've forgotten all about my job already blush

Upset stomach this morning. Wouldn't it be ironic if I went into labour before Friday!

Cavort Mon 24-Jun-13 08:29:02

Has anyone else seen today's report on Daybreak on Midwife care? Just what you need to see when you are about to have a baby. Some shocking statistics. I think this emphasises how important it is that we are really assertive with out MW to ensure we get the care we need.

I can't believe you are still working Hazle!

Nothing to report here either. sad The only thing that has ramped up so far is the number of dreams I am having that I have gone in to labour.

Cavort Mon 24-Jun-13 08:30:34

Sorry Janey but I hope you do go into labour... I just want one of us to have some baby action! grin

HazleNutt Mon 24-Jun-13 08:37:39

Don't worry I'm honestly not doing much, just a few emails and stuff.

janey what would they do then, would you still get your CS?

janey1234 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:39:20

I think I would, depending on how quickly things were progressing. To be fair though, if I went into labour naturally before my due date I'd prob just give it a go. Weird hey.

janey1234 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:50:41

Although still no sign of leaky boobs so perhaps it's not around the corner after all. I think my boobs are broken confused

Cavort Mon 24-Jun-13 08:58:25

Mine haven't leaked for weeks Janey, so my one previously functioning boob also appears to be broken.

I've had breakfast followed by Chocolate Hobnobs. I really hope this baby hurries up before my sensible weight gain is ruined in these last few weeks. hmm

HazleNutt Mon 24-Jun-13 09:02:45

I haven't stepped on the scale for the past couple of weeks. Appetite has returned with a vengeance and I was gaining weight even with not eating and working out, so don't really want to know at the moment. Will deal with this afterwards.

Cavort Mon 24-Jun-13 09:08:11

I haven't been on the scales for a few weeks either, but I am just hungry all the time now so I guess it wouldn't be pretty if I did dare to hop on. I am still forcing eating healthily but I can't seem to stop eating crap as well. blush Fruit alone does not satisfy the sweet craving. It makes me feel guilty when I am munching on a Hobnob but obviously not guilty enough to stop. blush blush

Cavort Mon 24-Jun-13 09:20:53

Is it me or does Myleene Klass think she is some kind of parenting messiah? She is so patronising!

HazleNutt Mon 24-Jun-13 09:21:49

Will go to supermarket and get some pineapples now. Just read the thread about waters breaking in inconvenient places, supermarket seems to be quite a popular one, so fx grin

Cavort Mon 24-Jun-13 09:28:00

FX for supermarket flood Hazle. grin

janey1234 Mon 24-Jun-13 09:43:00

Pineapples and cherries, I presume?
wink

Cavort - hate myleene too. Waaay too perfect and know-it-all.

Frogcatcher Mon 24-Jun-13 10:08:12

Aaaah. Do not need to know about midwife issues. I think I've made an error in choosing my hospital & not even been to the maternity unit yet. We told DPs friend who works there & she said we should switch. She had both her children in our closer one as it has paediatric intensive care whereas its 25min by ambulance to that one from where we're planning to go. I knew I shouldn't have relied on DPs view as it was biased due to SS having been born in the bigger one & him wanting a different experience this time. Research time methinks!
In good news I don't have a UTI which the midwife picked up on the dipstick. Could have told them that as I'm not crouched on the toilet in agony!
Good luck with a supermarket labour hazle!

Cavort Mon 24-Jun-13 10:38:55

Hmmm, has anyone seen Purple? <turns on labour radar>

Knowledge is power Frog so get Googling! You have plenty of time to decide yet.

This thread is not accepting new messages.