Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Graduated elderberries - 30+ and looking forward to DC1! (Thread 5)

(1000 Posts)
Alexandra6 Mon 17-Jun-13 09:40:50

Hi everyone, hope you had good wkends, I'm looking forward to my holiday next Saturday (although won't be the usual sunbathing with wine flowing!), still can't wait just to relax especially as I'm feeling a bit rough and sick today! Work are piling on the pressure ahead of my hols but who cares, in one week I will be off for two weeks woop!

Just wondered when the really preggers people started to get lightning crotch/cervix pangs? So I can be prepared and not go into cervix panic!

Morning all, this will be the thread where we finally get to meet some babies! Exciting!

Fist day of maternity leave and I had to get up at the crack of sparrow because the joinery company are fitting the stairs today. Asked OH to walk the dogs before he went away on his 3 day jolly and he took them out for about 10 minutes without even a ball to chuck for them then buggered off so I'm stuck in all day trying to stop them barking at the workmen with no idea how I'm going to handle the two of them for the next three days. Not quite what I had in mind for the start of my leave!

The new hospital just phoned as well and said I've got to go in tomorrow morning (no lie in again as its an hour away and got to try to find my way around a massive unfamiliar hospital on my own eek!) to meet my new consultant as they need to re-do ALL of my bloods right down to blood type as my local hospital who already have this information apparently can't just share it...how stupid is that?

AND his bloody dog ate the sky remote so he's buggered off and left me with no tv!

BraveLilBear Mon 17-Jun-13 10:10:52

Morning!

Voila stats:
Hazle - EDD 21st of June.
Cavort - EDD 26th June - Aaarrgghh!! Convinced baby will be late.
Purple - EDD 2nd July, will be induced on EDD if baby doesn't make an appearance before!
Janey - EDD 9th July, although pencilled in for 28th June.
Brave - EDD 22 July
Mother - EDD ?Early Nov
Alex - D-day 28th Nov
Quodlibet - EDD 15 Dec.
Frog - D-day 13th Jan 2014

janey1234 Mon 17-Jun-13 10:13:52

Oh purple not an ideal start BUT for us the stairs and spindles going in we're the turning point really, when the house went from an absolute tip to starting looking like the building work was nearly completed. Hope it's the same for you!

Alex - I think about 32 weeks or so, but could well be completely wrong. However have had weird feelings for ages - like pressure when having a pee since 20 weeks and a rather horrible occasional scratchy feeling from about the same time when the baby pushed on the cervix from the inside that made me feel a bit sick Basically there have been loads and loads of weird, unexplained feelings along the way...

Still feel rough so am not going to go to the baby massage class one of the NCT girls is kindly doing for free. Am gutted but think it would be incredibly selfish to go and spread all my germs amongst lots of very heavily pregnant women....hmm

BraveLilBear Mon 17-Jun-13 10:29:47

And... I hope all is well - have been incommunicado all weekend as our internet at home has busted, and then we've been away on a 'see as many of my family as possible in three days' epic.

But that's all good.

Glad to hear all good Alex - and sorry to hear of cold-related misery and lightening crotch. Alex I've had sporadic lightning cervix, and I think from fairly early on, around 20 weeks maybe? Not had any for a while though.

Good luck with the joiners, dogs and no TV Purple eek!! And on times like these, the NHS is baffling. But I guess it's an arse-covering exercise.

The comedy highlight of the weekend was getting wedged between a chair and a table in a very busy restaurarant that resulted in me nearly pulling the table over. Comedy lowlight was my nan cheerfully dropping into conversation that she was in labour for two days with her first (my dad), and ended up with forceps. Was a bit shock by that!

All else ticketyboo... And thanks for the money thoughts (old thread) and encouragement - definitely feels like the end is in sight and the better DP and I are working on other stuff, the easier that side will be too.

Any baby movement news? I hope everyone knows that any lengthy silence on here will be considered a significator of impending labour lol grin can't wait for us to get grads with full honours soon!

BraveLilBear Mon 17-Jun-13 10:33:44

Sorry you still feel rough Janey is paracetamol helping at all? Am strangely glad to hear I'm not the only one with weird toilet issues - have been suffering with need-to-go-right-now on and off for weeks to the extent that I've been expecting anti-biotics from every antenatal appt recently - but apparently all fine.

Have also perfected the art of needing-to-go, going, but only a teeny bit to show for it. Was paranoid about UTIs but think it's just normal hmm !

Cavort Mon 17-Jun-13 10:41:55

Good morning ladies with no babies yet but hopefully soon!

Very envy of your lovely holiday Alex. You will be sunning yourself while some of us are pushing babies out. wink
I think my cervical shooting pains started about 34 weeks but I have read threads where other pg women say theirs started much earlier, so if you do start getting them don't panic!

Oh Purple, you poor thing. I feel your dog pain as I had to try to contain/entertain ours for 8 long days while the decorator was in and it really wasn't easy. My SPD has worsened but I am still managing to take the dog out, albeit at a snail's pace, which is the only way I can stop myself from being in agony for the rest of the day. The dog obviously doesn't understand this and looks at me as if to say 'FFS, why are you so damn slow?' And after 2 weeks of ML I haven't managed a single lie in yet. angry

Rubbish that you have to travel an hour just to do stuff you've already done, but it will be nice to see where you'll be giving birth and know where you're going when the crucial time comes.

Is everybody stepping up their rubbish old wives tales proven baby eviction techniques? I am eating loads of fresh pineapple (although not the 6/7 all at once shock required to supposedly trigger anything off), and TMI alert we finally managed to DTD last night, which went much better than I thought it would. I found myself struggling to relax previously as I was concerned the Big O might trigger premature labour, but now baby is fully cooked and I would actually quite like it to trigger labour I found it so much easier. I have told DH he had better start having an extra shredded wheat as we are going to shag this baby out! Gotta be better than Castor Oil! grin

MotherOfCleo Mon 17-Jun-13 10:43:32

Hi guys. smile
purple that doesn't sound fun, the dog walk is obviously a man thing as my OH is the same. He takes pooch out for about 10/15 mins and then wonders why she is a pain, I take her out for 30/45 mins and then she is knackered. So worth the extra time to get some peace! I feel for you with the barking at the workmen, mine has developed a total hatred of the postman, she goes mental.....stupid dog.

Can't believe we have babies due this month......eeeeek. So exciting! My evil ex friend had her baby last week. Alice Elizabeth Rose - still not sure what I think of the name, quite like Ali for short though. I saw my friend who is one week ahead of me at the weekend, geez she has a lovely bump, nice and pronounced, mines just chubby confused although it is getting bigger and more bump like I think. Also saw my little cousin Edward, he is about 8 months and god he's gorgeous, could just eat him up smile

Added my dates to the stats:
Hazle - EDD 21st of June.
Cavort - EDD 26th June - Aaarrgghh!! Convinced baby will be late.
Purple - EDD 2nd July, will be induced on EDD if baby doesn't make an appearance before!
Janey - EDD 9th July, although pencilled in for 28th June.
Brave - EDD 22 July
Mother - EDD 7th Nov (although I think more like the 14th)
Alex - D-day 28th Nov
Quodlibet - EDD 15 Dec.
Frog - D-day 13th Jan 2014

Try 'needing to go every 5 minutes' when you can't because there are workmen blocking access to the entire upstairs and the only toilet <sigh> it's going to be a long day! I was also very envious when cavort said she has to get up twice in the night to wee - 8 times I got up last night, EIGHT and this is nwhere is it all coming from? Surely I don't drink that much and tmi I know but I'm bit talking about a pathetic dribble every time I'm talking proper normal amounts!

MotherOfCleo Mon 17-Jun-13 10:46:10

Oh and yes alex I'm also very envious of your hols!! We have a week in Tunisia booked in a months time, but geez a month seems sooooo far away! Can't come soon enough, I am currently so tired I could sleep at my desk.

Cavort Mon 17-Jun-13 10:47:42

Oh, and Alex if your baby is breech (I assume with all your scans you will know this?) I had a sensation of what was presumably baby's foot kicking my cervix and feeling like it was going to break through all through the second trimester.

Gah fat fingers posted too soon before I could edit out the mistakes, sorry, was trying to say it's not an uncommon occurrence, I have a 4 bathroom trips a night minimum but its usually more like 6-8. is it just sleep deprivation training? Because I can't even remember the last time I had a decent nights sleep.

Oh and Bear, if it makes you feel better I got wedged in a picnic bench yesterday and had to be rescued by my OH grin

Cavort Mon 17-Jun-13 10:50:53

8 times Purple? Bloody hell!! <suddenly feels much better about nocturnal toileting>

HazleNutt Mon 17-Jun-13 10:52:30

It's wayyyy too hot outside. Boss dragged me over to another office for a totally useless meeting I could have easily joined over the phone. Not amused. as compensation, will go home early.

As for crotch/cervix pains, I haven't had any. Wonder if that's weird and means that baby will be overdue?

janey1234 Mon 17-Jun-13 10:55:40

8 times? Wow. I average about four these days - and I usually stop drinking at 7pm to try up minimise it!

V jealous of all the holidays in the offing. I've got an exciting day ahead if me washing babygrows....

janey1234 Mon 17-Jun-13 10:56:44

Cross post hazle. I suspect the lack of cervical pains are yet further proof of your superwoman status!

Cavort Mon 17-Jun-13 11:01:07

I second what Janey said Hazle. You will inevitably be reporting back to us following your birth saying how you didn't even realise you were 10cm as you were doing a crossword. grin

Am very envy at you DTD! I haven't even mentioned it again since the last failed attempt! I'm on the raspberry leaf capsules and have the occasional bounce on the gym ball to try to encourage things along but I've not quite reached the desperation of trying to eat curry etc yet (don't like spicy food) and too much pineapple makes my mouth feel all funny.

The Dozy bugger I live with got about 40 mins away and realised he's forgotten his binoculars and is having to drive all the way back - he should be half way to Surrey by now the useless oaf.

I don't think I've had those pains either Hazle, I get SPD pains and sometimes shooting pains in the underside of my bump when I roll over in bed but I wouldn't describe any of them as 'lightening crotch' I don't think.

...could be because baby's head isn't engaged for me maybe? (As mine definitely isn't superwoman related!)

janey1234 Mon 17-Jun-13 11:08:44

Can I just say that I am SICK of heartburn now? Constantly feel like I could vom from it and an getting through bottles of magnesium trisilicate like it's going out of fashion. Totally over it.

I thought as baby got lower it might ease a bit?! Apparently not...

BraveLilBear Mon 17-Jun-13 11:48:13

Boo to heartburn, nocturnal toileting and builders/useless dog walkers.

Seriously. It'll all be worth it right <rolls eyes> grin

Purple that does make me feel better, thanks grin tho hope you/picnic table both emerge unscathed from your incident lol

Don't envy you in the tropics Hazle youch. It's vaguely warm here today and I'm sat here with a short-sleeve top on - couldn't bear the thought of it being any warmer confused

HazleNutt Mon 17-Jun-13 11:55:26

Just a few days, should go back to more manageable temperatures from Thursday. But it is roasting at the moment. If I ever have another DC, I'll plan the due date around February.

BraveLilBear Mon 17-Jun-13 11:59:30

Fingers crossed Hazle

Oh meant to ask, anyone do anything for father's day for their OH?

I brought him a cup of tea in bed and revealed big bump with 'Happy father's day! on it in biro. Think he found this amusing. Fortunately the biro has mainly come off, after a double soaping effort in the shower blush

janey1234 Mon 17-Jun-13 12:18:01

Brave that's brilliant! Nope didn't do anything - crappy fiancé I am hey hmm

Cavort Mon 17-Jun-13 12:29:04

Brave that's a great idea. grin
I got DH a gift from DSD so I just got DSD to write 'From Scarlett and Baby' on the tag. blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.