Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Leave - What to doooo?!

(10 Posts)
emsiepoops Sun 16-Jun-13 18:54:09

Hi!

Literally just on my maternity leave as of tomorrow yay! I'm 37 weeks and other than cleaning, prepping for baby, relaxing I'm not sure what to do with all my time?! Obviously I'll have lazy days but I want fun or productive stuff to do too. What are you all upto or planning to be upto? xxx

Cinema
Sleep
Read books
Enjoy being able to leave the house without taking lots of stuff with you
Sit in coffee shops
Mooch around shops

Oh, and go out for dinner. In fact, go anywhere in the evenings!

Cavort Mon 17-Jun-13 09:39:20

I am 38+5 and 2 weeks into ML. I am DIYing in the house, meeting friends, shopping, taking the dog for long walks at a snail's pace since SPD has worsened, and watching crap daytime TV. It's been ok so far but I can't wait for baby to show up before every day turns into Groundhog Day. grin

JRmumma Mon 17-Jun-13 10:59:52

Hi All

Im finishing work on 5th July, which is 7 weeks before my due date! The first 4 weeks are annual leave so not using up all of my mat leave too soon, but sometimes worry that ill regret taking so much time off in advance and wish id saved it for when baby is here.

My plans are to finish odd bits of DIY that never got done when they were supposed to (some have been waiting for 2 years!) plus we havent made a start on the baby's room yet so need to completely do that. I also want to make sure the cupboards/freezer are stocked, and give the house a good blitz so we can get through the first few weeks without having to think too much about cooking and cleaning, but not feel like im living in a hovel and surviving on takeaways!

I know that shouldnt take me 7 weeks, however im someone who likes to organise how im going to organise (if that makes sense), so I can easily make it take longer than it should!

Xmasbaby11 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:47:36

Meet up with friends
Plan birth announcement so you just need to insert details and photo once born
get baby book up to date
get correspondence up to date
watch DVDs
swimming
batch cooking
clean house

The days went so quickly!

curiousgeorgie Mon 17-Jun-13 22:07:44

Have hair cut
Pack and re pack hospital bag
Batch cook
Do all washing so baskets empty
Watch boxsets
Sleep

And be bored and impatient wink

Glup Mon 17-Jun-13 23:02:18

Fanatically cleaning here. Quite enjoying it really as never do it properly normally (should the baby want to inspect my cupboards I'm ready!). Will be touching up paintwork tomorrow and am interspersing everything by watching old episodes of one born every minute.
Having said that, I reckon that by the end of the week I'll have run out of things to do. If I go overdue I'll go nuts!

PinkApple86 Sun 28-Jul-13 18:35:36

Hi ladies. I'm 32+3 and finished work at 29 weeks. Thought I would enjoy all this time to myself but boredom is kicking in now and still 7 weeks to goconfused Im gradually washing all of baby's stuff, cleaning, watching the cooking channel, watching endless Friends hoping to find an episode I haven't seen yet, painting and getting bits for hospital bag. Maybe it's just because im getting relaxed, but feeling so tired and lazy now lol. Running out of things to do...

AllSWornOut Sun 28-Jul-13 18:57:53

Pedicure
Haircut
Lunch with friends
Shopping for a new ring (just feel like treating myself)

Then my plan for next weekend is to eat a curry, wash the car, wash the windows and paint the fence grin Can anyone guess I'm getting fed up of being pregnant in this heat? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now