Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mamas and Papas Sola?? Or Worth Spending Out On a Bugaboo? SO CONFUSED!!

(17 Posts)
CornishFirstTimer22 Sun 16-Jun-13 13:07:46

Hello!!

Myself and OH have been trawling the shops looking for a pram/ travel system (November baby so really like the idea of a pram) but cannot decide where to go from here...

I like the Sola, the buckles seem a bit sturdier that the slightly cheaper Zoom, and the whole package incl car seat/ adaptors/ foot muff etc coming in at £574 at the moment.

However OH has a bit of a thing for the Bugaboos, I think he likes the looks, and also we've heard they do have some great features.

Anyone got either of these who could pass on their experiences? Is it worth paying the extra for the Bugaboo, or is the Sola good also??

It so hard to decide, we're in some kind of deadlock!!!

Thanks in advance :-)

Smitten1981 Sun 16-Jun-13 15:26:41

I had the same quandary and went to Mamas & Papas yesterday for a full demo of both buggies.

I went for the Sola in the end. The Bugaboo seemed very large and clunky in comparison and is three times the price.

Xmasbaby11 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:51:22

Bugaboo is worth the money. It is light, small, flexible and I've never seen a buggy to rival it.

daisychain76 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:56:40

I have the sola and find it really good. Easy to push, very easy to swap between pram, car seat and carry cot and LO seems comfy in it. My only slight criticism is the shopping basket is a bit small (but l don‘t drive so do food shopping with it a lot).

Definitelynomore Mon 17-Jun-13 21:56:42

Personally I've never met anybody who is glad they bought a bugaboo, so xmasbaby you're the first! I'm sure, like men, there's something out there for everyone. Go with the one you can picture yourself using in the long term and think carefully about whether you really need all those extra features.

curiousgeorgie Mon 17-Jun-13 21:58:59

I completely love my bugaboo. Just to push it sets it apart from all other prams. I've never known anyone to be disappointed with one... It's worth the price.

evelynj Mon 17-Jun-13 21:59:31

Which bugaboo? I have the cameleon & used for 3 years for DS -dd due in 4 weeks & will be great again. Pram good for baby lying flat-we used it instead of travel cot when DS was up tp 3 months & staying with in laws.

You could have a look for 2nd hand on eBay as some good bargains to be had-ours was new but ex display. Only downside is that the brake is rubbish but not really been a problem. I'd quite like a bugaboo bee now also as it folds without removing the seat part.

daisylulu Mon 17-Jun-13 22:10:07

I LOVE my sola (bought the entire package back in 2011 which was then called Glide). A couple of my friends have subsequently bought it and also love it too.

It can lie flat from birth (though it also came from carrycot). So easy to attach carseat (we had maxicosi cabriofix which mamas and papas adaptors fit although didn't (maybe still dont?) widely publicise at the time).

The basket was plenty big enough and most importantly (though didn't realise before I had DD) that the handlebar is height adjustable.

Prob lots of other features I've forgotten but I love it love it love it smile

HTH

Ps my DH commented that one time he had to help some first time bugaboo user assemble her 'contraption' (he commented he was grateful he was into transformers as a kid grin)

lucidlady Mon 17-Jun-13 22:32:44

I love my bugaboo. Great suspension and v comfy for baby. Also very easy to push. Test them both and you should be able to decide which is the best one for your family.

Elkieb Mon 17-Jun-13 22:36:41

I have a Bee and it is the best pushchair I have ever tried- and that's quite a few! Light, easy to push, faces both ways, easy and small to fold. All I've heard from mamas and papas owners are what a pain in the arse it is.

5madthings Mon 17-Jun-13 22:36:53

I have a bugaboo frog, I bought it when ds2 was little and have had three more children since and used it for all them. It is fabulous and has been a true workhorse, all the covers go in the washing machine and you can get spares of anything etc. Has been well worth the money IMO.

Its now 9 year old and still going strong smile

Much Bette than the britax and then the mamas and papas pushchairs we had for ds1.

CornishFirstTimer22 Tue 18-Jun-13 13:18:54

Thanks for all the responses!!

I suspect we're going to end up going back to the shop a few more times to push them around before making a final decision. It's our first child so having something that will maybe last for another would be good.

I think OH is Bugaboo sold to be honest, I'll need to show him the Sola again!!

x

NotALemon Thu 20-Jun-13 17:03:09

Can we please swap hubbies? I really love the Bugaboo but my OH has taken to the Sola. I like the Sola but it doesn't feel or look as sturdy and well constructed as the Bugaboo (to me), and we both like to be stubborn about these things! We definitely need to have another trip to the shops!x

CornishFirstTimer22 Thu 20-Jun-13 19:44:08

We went for the Sola! We found a deal on Bounty which will give us the whole set (once we've bought the carrycot) for under £500. Very happy!!

http://www.bounty.com/bountyoffers

godeeva Fri 21-Jun-13 10:34:02

Same problem for me. Bought the sola in the end and used the money we saved to treat myself n baby! Really invaluable cos a good back massage leaves u feeling like a million bucks! My friends who bought the bugaboo changed to sola cos the kick open thing was difficult!

Shylepite Sun 23-Jun-13 10:38:45

Bugaboos are really lovely to push, light and easy to steer but an absolute pita to fold! I don't know about the sola but if I had known about how difficult the bugaboo is to fold I would have chosen something else.

Familyguyfan Sun 23-Jun-13 16:55:17

Absolutely adore my bugaboo cameleon. I bought a mothercare buggy when I was pregnant, but hated it almost as soon as we stated using it.

Bought a cameleon second hand from eBay and I love it. It went into storage after our dd was finished with it, and its just come out of storage as we're expecting dc2 in a couple of months. I wouldn't buy another type of pram/buggy personally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now