Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 - thread 9 - not many babies left to arrive now :-)

(937 Posts)
MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 08:37:03

New thread as we appear to be talking a fair bit!

Lets hope we've all given birth by the end of this one :-)

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 16:14:10

Welcome coffee! smile

I'm finding it really encouraging that you ladies with babies haven't jumped ship now that the babies have arrived! I'm really loving your updates on the other side of the waiting game and had also started to worry that I'd be the only one posting in a week or so! Thanks!

How was the farmers market stef?

Sunbeam let us know how the fitting goes. I was really disappointed with mine there last week but have always been really pleased in the past there. It probably cos I didn't have an appt and they just squeezed me in but I didn't end up buying as I wasn't certain of what I was being told and that's never happened there before- I always end up buying loads after a fitting!

Just waiting for my mum to pick me up to go to Tesco. DH and DS have fallen asleep and I just mentioned on the phone that I was planning to pop there but she's banned me from driving!

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 16:15:30

Problem solved...emptied my bladder and pain has gone!

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 16:15:43

Oo mrsbri! Exciting! I'm not sure sorry- you could phone someone to check and be on safe side. Fingers crossed for you that this is the beginning!

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 16:16:05

Double cross post! Sorry!

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 16:19:05

Ha ha, AmI, I was briefly excited too! Boo.

Maybe it was a BH combined with baby faffing around my bladder?!

pinkbear82 Sat 15-Jun-13 16:43:24

welcome to those who are just joining us smile hope the waits not too long for you!

have I missed any arrivals?! I tried to keep up but we're a talkative bunch plus my memory is like a goldfish at the moment.

lovely having dp back - altho emotional and I'm blaming hormones for making it even more so wink a real plus point? I'm enjoying my first post pregnancy bath while daddy and little lady spend some time together.

those of you still waiting....... are you positive you got your dates right?! wink grin

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 16:46:51

ami farmers market was good when I got there, went to the carnival too in the hopes that walking helps things start, but im just sore.

in bad news came to see my mum for some bits to mend our roof and found my mum in tears, she has 4 chickens named after me, my sister and 2 cousins, well my namesake wasn't well this morning which she didn't say when we were helping at the market, well 20 minutes after she got back from the market steffy chicken died in her arms sad she's always been a bit of a sicky chicky but it was a bit of an unexpected death and dealing with it alone upset her a lot I think cause dad would usually deal with it with her and the chickies are all our family, sad times

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 16:51:40

god sorry that was a bit of a downer,
pink bear glad you're getting to relax smile

ginauk84 Sat 15-Jun-13 16:53:47

No don't think my pains are BH as it is more like a continual ache through the night rather than actual cramps.

I went to tesco yesterday and discovered that having a 4x4 and being heavily pregnant doesn't go together when you are trying to park! No matter how far I parked close to the car on the passenger side I still couldn't get out! So had to park miles away & take up two spaces then the walk didn't do my SPD much good - was thoroughly fed up!

I can't wait to start to get back to normal again and lose some weight, those of you that returned to your pre-baby weight that within 3-4 weeks, how much had you put on during pregnancy? I have put on quite a lot - 3 stone so don't expect to lose it that quickly so was intrigued how much you had got to lose?

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 17:13:51

people having trouble with bras have you been onto the s&b threads, you measure under your boobs then lean forwards and measure your body + boobs and tell them, then voila they tell you your bra size they're very magic ladies over on the bra threads,

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 17:24:19

Pink, I definitely conceived on 30th September. Excruciating OV pain tells me that! My due date is 23/24 June based on that. I'm only 20 June because of the scan. Sigh.

And that's so lovely re your DP. You must be so pleased to have him back.

Steff, I'm sorry about the chicken. Is your mum ok now?

forgetmenots Sat 15-Jun-13 17:25:11

Just want to second the bra threads recommendation - those ladies know their stuff...

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 17:59:40

Mrsbri mum will be ok, think it's just cause of how much we are all attached to them, she got them just over 2 years ago after her mum died, we've had some good luck over the last 2 years,

have been planning an early birthday tea and present giving for me just incase we get to the induction date and im sat in hospital bored shitless waiting for it to work

SunnyL Sat 15-Jun-13 18:03:32

I've got my crippling headache back again. Did any of you ladies Who had an epidural or c-section get told what to do re the headache thing. I remember being told that in some cases post-spinal block you might need to get a blood patch to fix it. I was so out of it when the anaesthetist spoke to me I can't remember.

pinkbear82 Sat 15-Jun-13 18:30:43

another one to say the bra threads are well worth a look at - I actually have a nursing bra that fits and is comfy!! wish I'd found them sooner!

it is lovely to have him back..... but by God is he untidy!! and my washing basket is full again...... and as for sharing the bed again....... grin

best go change the millionth nappy of the day.... boob munching poop machine has struck again!

arlandria666 Sat 15-Jun-13 18:44:01

I keep popping on to see how the babies are popping out :-) mainly catch up during the night feeds!
DS got diagnosed with reflux yesterday so now i have to try and get 15ml of gaviscon down him! I am sure after previously cup feeding now this is will soon dislike me :-(

Withalittlesparkle Sat 15-Jun-13 19:17:32

I think there's a bit of a baby lull

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 19:29:47

We need to start another surge, Sparkle! :-)

learnermummy Sat 15-Jun-13 19:43:03

Mrs Bri how do you calculate due date from conception date as I know mine too - also from awful ovulation pain!

Think I've overdone it weeding the veggie plot today, think have pulled muscle at top of bump hmm

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 19:53:58

Sounds painful, learner :-(

Use this website for due date calculator:

www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/pregnancy_calendar/

pinkapples Sat 15-Jun-13 19:58:48

Sorry about the chicky steff sad

And the lack of baby news hopefully someone else's bundle will come along soon fingers crossed it will be one of those who are wanting baby to be here not those needing to keep them in (not sure how many of those left)

Baby Theiah is doing ok midwife happy today I'm not sure she didn't cry when she came out (a nice sign I thought) but its like as she didn't she has some mucus left on her chest and every now a then she appears to choke and i pick her up and pat her back but she never brings anything up I kind of wish she'd just sick it up makes me worry ill miss it if it happens when hubby and I are asleep at night sad

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 20:08:03

Aw pink I'm glad things are so nice with your dp home!

Oo I'll have to have a look at the bra threads- any one in particular good for nursing bras?

Sorry to hear about the chicken Stef and that your mums upset. I hope that the birthday tea cheers you both up.

Like you mrsbri I'm convinced that my dates are wrong and that I'll be waiting around long after the 25th! Can't remember my date that I worked out now but am pretty sure it was more like the 30th. Please little one, don't leave me waiting that long!

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 20:10:11

Aw pink that's scary for you. Nag the midwife about it so that she understands that you need a solution or at the very least some reassurance. I'm sure that your little princess will be fine but you need that reassurance for your own sanity.

pinkbear82 Sat 15-Jun-13 20:11:57

ami - I plumped for a nursing bra from eBay - it's pretty yet functional, lupo if I remember rightly. brand new but much nicer than a lot of others I've seen.
I might just be fussy tho!!

pinkapples Sat 15-Jun-13 20:25:23

Yup midwife coming again tomorrow so will ask her even a bit of suctioning or something might help to clear it fingers crossed they do something

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now