Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 - thread 9 - not many babies left to arrive now :-)

(937 Posts)
MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 08:37:03

New thread as we appear to be talking a fair bit!

Lets hope we've all given birth by the end of this one :-)

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 15-Jun-13 08:56:37

Thanks for the welcome everyone smile

Steff, we had the same due date! And appear to have very lazy boys.

MrsBri, is this your first baby? Everyone keeps telling me its more than likely that firsts go over.

And if I get one more "have you had him yet" text, phone call or fb message I may just have to punch someone in the face scream.

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 09:06:17

Yes, it's my first. And I know quite a few do go overdue. I'm really hoping I don't, but am preparing mentally to be induced on 1st July!

And I concur on the messages. And I'm not even late yet. Do people really think they won't be told? No news = no baby, so bog off. Grrrr!

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 09:07:09

I jinxed myself! Cannot get back to sleep now- grrrr!

Thanks for the new thread mrsbri!

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 09:29:01

it's not that im.awake at that point, it's that I've gone to the loo or woken up feeling sick and eaten a biscuit but then am really alert and can't get back to sleep,

yy to the messages, felt like turning around to someone who looked at my humongous belly and went no news yet, I nearly said no I had the baby weeks ago, I've left him with the dog to be looked after, the dogs technically 21 in dog years so an adult, mum said id get in trouble...

farmers market should be good, im banned from helping mum she thinks it'll make the baby shoot out somehow? but she's got an extra stall today doing crafty bits with kids to make and take home for fathers day, she's really creative and crafty so I hope it's busy

curlyclaz13 Sat 15-Jun-13 09:32:13

Lost count of feeds since last night but must be around 10 + just had 3 feeds in an hour. How do our bodies cope with so little sleep ? Only had about an hour and still feel human OH can not keep awake and is asleep now. I would quite like to punch him but know that's mean. Oscar does not really like his crib so far he is fast asleep on me but if I put him down he will wake up again, bit tricky as co sleeping is out as OH still smokesin the evenings snd we sre wriggly sleepers.
Waiting for mw and hope she has some suggestions.

ginauk84 Sat 15-Jun-13 09:33:44

38 + 2 here so still waiting, have been getting period type cramps most nights which wake me up. Bed isn't overly comfy with SPD so I end up getting up early too.

First week of maternity hasn't really dragged, been doing some batch cooking & sorting out our broken laptop as well as washing and grooming dogs. Where is the sun though - want to be back out there sunbathing, was getting a nice tan.

Still not had any BH.

Marking place, back later as I currently have all 3 kids on my own as DH is working this morning.

Welcome Happy!

learnermummy Sat 15-Jun-13 09:37:04

Thanks for the new thread MrsBri.

Welcome Happy, hope you get going soon. My first wasn't really late but my second was 16 days late shock. Hoping this one is a bit earlier than that!

DH has taken the kids out to tennis so am enjoying lazing in bed watching Saturday kitchen!

Thanks for new thread Mrs Bri.
Welcome Happy.

Nothing overnight here, couple of contractions this morning but now stopped. Fingers crossed something happens today, I know i can't really complain as not yet 40 weeks, but my body is playing proper mind tricks. Contractions since tues, lost my mucous plug (again and again), had a good internal clear out (sorry tmi). How much longer can it possibly take?!!! Sorry for the moan, as you can probably tell getting very fed up here, but I know I'm not the only one on here.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. Don't think I'll be going for a walk today, forecast rain all day so I might get on my ball and watch the tennis.

curiousgeorgie Sat 15-Jun-13 09:51:14

Those 'did you have the baby yet' messages are very frustrating.. Especially as actually I'm only 38+4 (but I'm allowed to be impatient wink)

I also get... You've been pregnant forever / my god you're massive and are you sure your dates are right??!

Managed to be convinced yesterday afternoon that the weather would be nice today and we should throw a BBQ for everyone so been out in the freezing cold under grey skies pressure washing the BBQ and spent a fortune in sainsburys last night only for it to surely pour and everyone to bail on us. My first DD was born in October 2010 and it was a lot warmer than this!

SunnyL Sat 15-Jun-13 10:13:46

In breaking news, UN weapons inspectors discovered a new source of weapons of mass destruction in a white cotton bra somewhere in southern Scotland. Aka mu milk came in last night. Holeeee sheeeet. Cant decide between popping to mothercare for some nursing bras or the local builders merchant for some scaffolding because i'm not convinced there is enough cotton in this world to cover these bad boys.

Lily took a looooooonnng time to settle again last night. We're moving one step closer to teaching her that it is possible to sleep in the moses basket and not just on peoples chests. Swaddling was very much the key word last night.

Got the in-laws and SIL's family descending on us today. Theyre even bringing our dogs sister along so likely to be carnage. Still a free pub lunch will be appreciated.

Sarah2506 Sat 15-Jun-13 10:20:27

sunny that made me laugh. Mine are so frickin huge I think I'm going to topple over. DH keeps staring at them but has correctly determined that touching is not the way to go. Busting out of nursing bra. I'm lead to believe they will calm down. Better bloody well do so quick.

If anyone wants to burn money but get a semi decent nights sleep then get a Baby bay. Absolutely the best money we spent. Co sleeping without the co sleeping. Polly has no interest in sleeping in boxes and without this I reckon she would have stormed out.

pinkapples Sat 15-Jun-13 10:21:10

I had Theiya at 40+1 so there's hope ladies and she's my first so could be on time

Hope everyone's got something nice planned for the weekend I'm just waiting in for the midwife today and having a photographer friend round on Monday night for a newborn shoot so excited and we don't pay unless we order which is even better grin

pinkapples Sat 15-Jun-13 11:05:58

Stupid auto correct I just noticed it should be Theiah how rude! Hehe

forgetmenots Sat 15-Jun-13 11:14:25

Marking my spot to follow the new arrivals more closely smile

Hello,
Sorry I havent been on other threads, I have been trying to keep up but they're moving so quickly!
I'm 41 weeks today with first baby, a girl. I'm booked for induction on thurs if nothing happens and I'm bloody scared. Nothing at all has happened in terms of bh or show. Sweep failed on Wednesday. Trying again tomorrow. sad
Totally agree about people asking 'any news?' angry fuck off isn't the acceptable response tho.
good luck all the other overduers!!

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 11:44:26

hi coffee the way im trying to go into the thought of the induction is it's only a day, 2 at most of pain then thats it, what is 2 days out of your life? it's nothing, a lot of my friends look at me like hmm when I say that im calm about how he gets here and dont believe me but I really am just trying to channel that in, - and I have an est 10lb5 ish baby give or take a few oz
just dont ask if im freaking out about pain just before or during transition

rrreow Sat 15-Jun-13 12:04:25

Marking place!

Day 8 and my boobs seem to finally have calmed down. They were like rocks for a while. I only have one nursing bra that semi-fits! My nursing bras from last time are all too small!

rrreow Sat 15-Jun-13 12:05:38

That is not a complaint by the way, I'm usually a large B/small C so to actually have boobs for a change is excellent grin

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 12:37:39

Gina, the period cramps will be BH if your bump also goes tight.

Littlemiss, I can relate to the (TMI) clear out as my body has been assisting me that way since last week at some point.

No show / plug here yet though, but that's not important.

Hi to coffee :-) Here's hoping your sweep tomorrow will work rather than needing an induction.

Sunbeam18 Sat 15-Jun-13 14:40:08

Marking place! Sitting in Bravissimo waiting to get fitted for a nursing bra...

Withalittlesparkle Sat 15-Jun-13 15:06:23

Marking place

Zero movement here, bit crampy but have been for a few days!!

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 16:02:22

mrs bri if your bump doesn't go tight does that mean it isn't BH?

a day of walking, pain in my back and the bottom of my tummy and little bits of mucous/show, but only tiny bits of it, nothing to write home about

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 16:06:49

Apparently not Steff. More likely to just be stretching pain.

Anyone had pain at the bottom of their bump, travelling downwards? A bit like lightning crotch, but further up? I'm in a bit of pain here but not sure if it is normal or if I should be ringing somebody. Bump is tight at the same time.

Ouchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now