Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013- Constantly hungry and counting down to maternity leave.

(1000 Posts)
GTbaby Thu 13-Jun-13 11:47:42

Right off to finish the last thread smile

GTbaby Sun 30-Jun-13 11:09:54
roxvox Sun 30-Jun-13 11:04:37

orange and clapham I too dreamt that I had bleeding last night and couldn't get to see anyone about it! Horrible.

DH and I spent all of yesterday pottering around the house doing chores and going to the dump/charity shop/fabric donation place with stuff we've had kicking around for a while. It felt really good to get the house looking tidy and to cross a mass of things off of our to do list! My back is aching for it today though (even though DH wouldn't let me do anything remotely strenuous).

It's looking a bit overcast here today (Cotswolds) so I am off to Tescos to do the weekly shop and then might try to cross some more bits off of the list!

Oh, we tried that Bavaria 0% beer last night - I much prefer it to Becks Blue, plus it's cheaper! DH has taken a liking to non-alcoholic beer drinking too (neither of us are big drinkers any more anyway, but it's always nice to have a cold beer on a hot day).

Thank god for that roofio. I hope they stop when baby arrives as apparently I writhe around the bed and moan. It would be very embsrasding if it happened on the hospital ward post birth. I woken up a few times with Desperate Dan lying staring at me with a big grin on his face.

Umlauf Sun 30-Jun-13 10:42:47

New thread needed!! I've signed up to teach a summer course starting tomorrow so have to plan today (only 2.5 hours a day but a bit of pocket money to see me through July at least!) Boring day for me...

I'm feeling gutted, I ordered a rattle for the baby from notonthehighstreet and they pulled through my old delivery address. Its been sent already to the middle of fricking nowhere and I've been advised to go round and ask for it. Because living in another country that is feasible! Grrrr. Only £12 but I hate throwing money away and I don't have any to throw away!!!

claphammama Sun 30-Jun-13 10:23:36

oh no flyer... what is the weather like in Liverpool today? It's gorgeous in London. 4 days off sound amazing!

Flyer747 Sun 30-Jun-13 10:17:10

Working clapham :-( stuck inside a debenhams store with no windows...oh well only in 11-5. On a positive note I then have 4 days off.

claphammama Sun 30-Jun-13 10:11:26

I meant what is everyone doing today not tonight...

LostMySocks Sun 30-Jun-13 10:07:51

Anyone not feeling hotter from the baby. I'm always a cold person and I'm still using my 13 tog winter duvet DH has to sleep on top

claphammama Sun 30-Jun-13 10:05:43

oh orange just seen your post. Sounds like a similar dream!

claphammama Sun 30-Jun-13 10:04:23

I wish I had some racy dreams! I have lots of random and disturbing dreams but nothing very pleasant. The other night for example I dreamt that I was in South Africa (what the hell???) attending some random lecture and I had very heavy bleeding. You can imagine my horror when I woke up. Racy dreams would be preferable!

Why South Africa???

What is everyone doing tonight? Was planning to drive to John Lewis and buy all the small stuff for the baby but it looks too nice to be stuck in the car today so plans abandoned I think...

cuillereasoupe Sun 30-Jun-13 10:00:27

No saucy dreams for me either. Last night I dreamed I was unblocking the loo. Oh the glamour hmm

No sexy dreams for me. Last night dreamt about bleeding but the hospital being closed so having to lay on a table at school to wait.

Just had my first damp patch on my PJ top from leaking colostrum. Time to buy some breast pads! Now it has gone crusty which is gross but also quite exciting as it is another step closer.

roofio87 Sun 30-Jun-13 09:56:17

yes Mon I've been having some very racy dreams too, and mine don't always feature dp!! blush orange I was just looking at my dp and thinking the same as you, he's still asleep but I am not going to envy his hangover when he wakes!!smile

Flyer747 Sun 30-Jun-13 09:46:50

Mon you made me laugh! I'd love some saucy dreams but unfortunately mine have all been random boring ones.

Time to get up for work :-(

Natalieand Sun 30-Jun-13 09:45:29

Lol MoN I'm having weird dreams but not dirty ones.

Dh just informed that when he came to bed there was a spider web going between our bed and the wall and he spent half an hour looking for the spider with a torch so he didn't wake me up lol! I'm glad he didn't or I wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing it was crawling around somewhere!

Just me willing to admit to that one then?

Is anyone else having filthy dreams all the time? I must lack imagination because they always feature Desperate Dan.

I really need to get up as we're off out to buy school uniforms. I know I'll cry when I see my youngest in hers.
I think it's a good thing I'll have Eliana to keep me occupied or I'd be an emotinak wreck. I don't remember feeling like this with the other 3.

Haha I think I will try that now shire!

Shirehobbit Sun 30-Jun-13 08:38:15

I went with making coffee, which meant the dog woke up, waking DH in the process. Oops. grin

I think any time past 7 is acceptable to wake DH shire and putting a hand on a wiggly baby is a good way to wake up in my book. DH has now rolled over and gone back to sleep though so I am not sure he was that happy or reasy to be up. Off to make breakfast as I can't lay in any more.

Late night last night and there was heavy drinking for everyone at annual hockey bbq but me and another pregnant wife. So nice not to have hangovers! Achey back and hips from sitting on the floor or a wooden bench all afternoon/evening though so I have my own version.

Shirehobbit Sun 30-Jun-13 07:50:25

Congratulations, orange it was the one I was looking forward to, too smile
But what's next? Third trimester (27weeks?)?!

I've been wide awake for ages (not hot, here) but baby is awake and active, so I am awake too. However, both DH and dog are snoring away happily. At what point do I start 'accidentally' making noise/movement? wink

Ugh what a hot sticky night. Fan on, windows open, no covers and still too hot.

24 weeks today! Been looking forward to this milestone.

Flyer747 Sat 29-Jun-13 22:58:26

Nat I'm having to sleep with a fan on and the bedroom windows open it's so hot have been like this for a few weeks now.

I bought a baby book from paperchase earlier today. I'm just filling it out week by week and putting all my scan pics in so when my baby is older it can read all about my pregnancy and see the pictures etc. I would have loved to read something like this about myself and my mum.

PseudoBadger Sat 29-Jun-13 22:41:36

Oh I was sitting here earlier thinking how I'm getting plenty of movement but not real kicks to the bladder etc. Well that has changed tonight, it's been quite uncomfortable and I just got a massive kick that felt like a leg came right down my cervix shock
25 weeks today. It's all gone quite quick for me Nat, no time to think about it!

Natalieand Sat 29-Jun-13 22:20:29

Thank you ruby that's decided that one then I shall go strawberry picking instead lol.

Its all well and good having the sun MoN but now its too hot in my room even with the windows wide open cos there is no breeze. So at least u have that to be great full for xx

Weeks 16-20 seemed to fly by for me but 20-24 has dragged like anything. Does anyone else find certain weeks/milestones seem to drag compared to others?

This thread is not accepting new messages.