Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013- Constantly hungry and counting down to maternity leave.

(1000 Posts)
GTbaby Thu 13-Jun-13 11:47:42

Right off to finish the last thread smile

Quick then GT or someone will do it for you grin

roofio87 Thu 13-Jun-13 11:59:30

beat u to it GT!!! grin

PseudoBadger Thu 13-Jun-13 12:01:39

Another very pertinent thread title! I'll repost my post from the end of the last thread as it's made me happy:

I just booked my annual leave and maternity leave - my last day in the office is the 10th September - 3 months to go! Which given actual working days and holiday is 26 days grin

Smitten1981 Thu 13-Jun-13 12:05:21

I never notice that a thread is near ending, rubbish.

I dreamed that I left the baby in a car with no nappy on and no food while I went out for the night with Khloe and Lamar from the Kardashians. DH said he dreamed that the baby flew out last night.

Glad It's not just me having the crazy dreams now.

After seeing yours Pseudo I worked mine out, last day 15th sept (although have 2days hol left so might change!) and count up of days left is 33 shifts! Not bad smile

legallyblond Thu 13-Jun-13 12:07:20

Marking place!

Because the twins are likely to arrive around 37 weeks, I am starting mat leave ridiculously early, either on 9th or 16th August!!! I will be happy if they arrive anytime from 1 Sept.....

Another story if they were singletons... due date is 28 Sept technically... DD was due on 27 Sept 2010 and arrived on 11 Oct!

roxvox Thu 13-Jun-13 12:19:37

pseudo that's amazing! I have just worked mine out and I have 51 more work days. We've got 2 weeks holiday booked for the last 2 weeks in August, then I am going to go back to work for a week, then 2 weeks holiday again to lead into my maternity leave (which will then start at 39 weeks). That's the plan at the minute anyway, but I may omit that week back at work if work will allow me to start my maternity leave with 4 weeks holiday!

I can't believe your DD was 2 weeks late legally! My due date is 2nd October, but I know when I ovulated (and we conceived) so I know that 9 months will actually be closer to the 10th/11th October.

Smitten1981 Thu 13-Jun-13 12:20:40

I can't work out when mine should start but I'm going to see if I can work from home from September until I pop, I want to wait as long as I can before I have to go back grin

Warlin Thu 13-Jun-13 12:36:27

Just worked mine out and I have 38 days left!! Finishing on the 6th Sept...wow that really doesn't seem that long! smitten love your dream! I am going to do some home working too nearer the time but 38 working days left in total.

DS came at 37 weeks and on the day I finished work last time so I will def be more cautious towards the end and will finish a few days before if I get any signs at all. Last time I sort of ignored the signs as I just wanted to get everything handed over and sorted....ds had other ideas though!

I'm struggling today. I just feel horrible....swollen ankles, uncomfortable trousers, heartburn, excessive thirst, need to pee but can't actually go much...the list goes on. I feel the need to walk around the office but there are so many stairs here that it exhausts me. Think I just need to man up smile (who came up with that expression anyway!) Wonder if I could slip off early and say I have the dentist or something.....?!

Thanks GT for starting the new thread, can't believe we have chatted through another 1000 posts!

roofio87 Thu 13-Jun-13 12:38:55

my last day is 6th September, got 2.5 weeks of holiday to take (if I don't have any until then!!) and then start mat leave at 38 weeks!! I cannot wait!! working with little kids over summer holiday at least so looking forward to that. can't wait till youth club is finished for the summer!!

roofio87 Thu 13-Jun-13 12:41:53

also dp is spending the day poking a stick into the spider's layer to try and entice him out to capture him!! Haha. he's under instruction to do it while I'm at work and not tell me if it escapes him and he looses it!! I have visions of getting home and him being upside down tangled in a web!!
umlauf how did u get on with the lizard?

Wickedgirl Thu 13-Jun-13 12:52:44

I will leave work when I'm 29 weeks. The SPD is too much to stay working much more than that. At the moment, I don't know if I will even make it that long (6weeks).

My car seat was delivered yesterday so I now have everything ready.....I've even packed my hospital bag and coming home bags. I'm not insane am I? grin

Haylebop12 Thu 13-Jun-13 13:21:51

Checking in, will catch up this eve.

Gutted I missed the end of the thread... Really wanted to finish it sad

HotSoupDumpling Thu 13-Jun-13 13:27:02

Checking in! (I won't feel like a proper bus passenger until I have started or ended a thread)

GTbaby Thu 13-Jun-13 13:33:02

Thanks for finishing the thread rox n roo. I got distracted by food. Lol

Natalieand Thu 13-Jun-13 13:35:31

Thanks for your support ladies, i really appreciate it. the spidered coat has now been dealt with. half way through the washing- haven't even started the packing yet but I just had a salad cream and cucumber baguette too cheer myself up lol. And dh is sorting dinner so I don't have too tonight!

I am going to the haven devon cliffs the address says exmouth, so any outing ideas will be greatly appreciated :-)

Very exciting how quick maternity leave is coming round for u all :-) and for thread number 9 that's means we'll be on 17/18 threads by the births if we carry on at this rate lol

GTbaby Thu 13-Jun-13 13:43:53

The race is already on to finish this thread! wink

Wkd. Your not crazy. Just organised. I'm going to start a hospital draw. So I can chuck bits in as I remember them.

I'm working tomorrow, on a phased return to work after mat leave with DS1. So I'm doing 3 weeks full time in july before summer holidays, and a few days between then and now. Then aiming to do 2weeks in sep but more likely to do one.

I think I have 24days in work? shock Whoop n I'm not being given any classes! Bigger whoop. So I'll spend my time office based doing planning work for next year.

Shirehobbit Thu 13-Jun-13 13:48:34

I have 17 days of this term left, then will do 8 days in September. Which makes 25 days left!
Whoop whoop grin

Been to Devon Cliffs a few times grin it's lovely and plenty to do, there's an indoor play area with balls/slides etc for little ones and lots of clubs and activities and a nice pool so u won't be bored, the beach is nice and sheltered (although steep to get down to) Right next door is "the world of country life" bit of an old school park/attraction but that's part of the appeal, again inside play areas and petting area with rabbits etc, our highlight there was "walking" a goat grin crazy little buggers, it was quiet and the worker just left us and the goats were running and butting at each other lol! You will have a fab time and I'm a bit jealous! There's also a spa if u fancy some pampering smile

Natalieand Thu 13-Jun-13 13:55:48

Pampering? Say no more I'm there lol!

Just thought i would check in smile have a fab time in Devon Nat I am sure you will have a fab time xxx

You have inspired me to go camping this weekend now Natxxx

Smitten1981 Thu 13-Jun-13 14:21:31

Urghhh, just popped to the dentist as it's below our office and thought I'd best book a check up due to the amount of sugar I've been munching lately. I was planning on them saying there was a two month wait, like usual, so I could psych myself up for it as I HATE the dentists.

How lucky was I that a space just came up for this afternoon, argh! I have no excuse now. Slightly terrified of that thing they use to scrap off the plaque at the end of a check up, it kills.

Sniffle, sniffle, sniffle

Flyer747 Thu 13-Jun-13 14:39:42

Have lovely holiday Natalie, I have my fingers crossed for you that the weather reports are all incorrect and we have a heatwave starting tomorrow. I'm with you on the spider issue, I hate them! My dad used to chase me around the house with the tops off the tomatoes pretending it was a spider when I was a child, thanks to that I now have a life long phobia....

After a unhealthy lunch yesterday I've redeemed myself and just had grilled halloumi and salad.

My cleaner came today and has knitted me a lovely cardigan in pink!!! She thinks I'm having a girl, however she said she is working on a blue one at the moment just in case, so lovely...it's so tiny and cute.

This thread is not accepting new messages.