Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

twinklestar2 Thu 12-Dec-13 11:07:24

Good luck wee! Looking forward to hearing your news!

The scan next week is a 6 week scan. I'll be 6 + 2.

I'm so scared today and panicking. Please tell me this is normal. I feel like all the symptoms have gone and it's going to end badly.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Thu 12-Dec-13 11:20:43

It's normal winkle, symptoms will come and go, try not to worry (easier said than done).

BlearyeyedLol Thu 12-Dec-13 11:43:11

Yep panicking is normal and it never ends!
Alex had a baby girl and all is well. Good news all round grin

Thingymajigs Thu 12-Dec-13 11:47:10

It's very normal. My symptoms disappeared for quite a while. I spent the first 16 weeks convinced the pregnancy would end at any minute. It gets a little easier once you can feel the baby move or hear the heartbeat on a doppler at home but I know that seems like years away at this stage.
I'm still smiling about your news winkle. You deserve a smooth comfortable pregnancy now.

Good luck wee. Fingers crossed that it starts soon.

Oh and a little girl for alex! Fantastic news. smile smile Congratulations! x

tedmundo Thu 12-Dec-13 12:07:32

Very normal to fret winkle. The first few weeks are a tough time. Great news you get a scan at 6 wks though, that will reassure you when you seen little winks!

wee - ohhh - snot plug a very good sign. I hope the end is in sight!

when - yes time has flown. It is only the extra wrinkles and sagging cheeks that remind me just how fast time is going! In my head, I am still 25! How are the gunky eyes now? Did squirting her with breastmilk help?!

alex - congratulations on your daughter! Great news.

RedRobin1 Thu 12-Dec-13 12:16:22

winkle totally normal to worry, I don't think I ever stopped. The symptoms come and go in the early weeks. Plus they only kicked in properly around week 7 for me. It will be lovely when you see that little blobby thing fluttering away on your scan next week smile you are going to have an extra special Christmas this year!

Congratulations on your daughter alex come back and tell us all about it when you have rested!

36+2 here and can't wait to get my body back in a few weeks time! Ahhh! to not have something pressing against my bladder and diaphram... I have actually forgotten what it feels like!

Twinkle just nipping in from the berries to say a huge congratulations

Thunderpantsarego Thu 12-Dec-13 14:44:29

merk beat me to it twinkle - massive congratulations!!

Not been on this thread before but I see some familiar faces here- hello ladies! I am thundercatsarego and I was ttc since last summer and had mmc in nov. Now 26 weeks pregnant and still petrified at times. Lovely to see you all. flowers

twinklestar2 Thu 12-Dec-13 15:02:47

Thank you merk and thunder! X

BlearyeyedLol Thu 12-Dec-13 15:11:18

Thunder this is where I used to hang out with nic/pear/frus!!!!
We're only waiting for res now and our team is complete gringrin

Thunderpantsarego Thu 12-Dec-13 15:26:24

Oh I didn't realise lol! I knew them from ttc #1 thread originally.

resipsa Thu 12-Dec-13 16:36:17

Ah wee - maybe you're done by now! With DD I lost mine at 5am and she was out by 6pm. Update?

weechops Thu 12-Dec-13 21:16:06

Res no such luck smile have been having mild cramps but very irregular and leading nowhere. I think! I do feel 'different' to usual though. Cant quite put my finger on it but I'm thinking I won't need the next sweep on Monday smile

Well where is Alex with our birth story hey!! We love a good birth story here grin I was right with girl grin
Lol think you may have the wrong thread?? I'm on one with frus and pear and thunder occasionally wink ( waves hello to old friend) and been on this one from the beginning but don't remember them ever being on this one, Nic always has been though

Winkle dd2's birthday was 19th may the year before on the 20th may was when I had my first mc so exactly a year! It's funny how these things work out isn't it! Symptoms are the worst things to gage, I've never really had them but promise you if you look at the beginning of the thread everyone has written almost the identical msg to you! It's because your prayers have been answered and it's hard to believe after all the upset and emotion it's worked but it has! You are up the duff lovely gringrin
Worrying FYI is the MAIN symptom of pregnancy!
Plus can't believe you've got people dropping in for you again! You must be the most popular celeb mumsneter on here wink

Wee, it's sounding promising! I only lost my plug in labour too!

Oh and res how are you? Can you update us with things, we need you with us x

Thunderpantsarego Thu 12-Dec-13 22:25:44

Hi kitty!! <big wave>

How the devil are you?

I love to do a drop in specially when lol tells me too- she's bossy like that

BlearyeyedLol Thu 12-Dec-13 22:44:49

Kitty you may well be right! I'm very sleep deprived at the moment so not thinking straight!!!
Yeah winkle is definitely celebrity MNgrin

I'm good thunder dd2 is is sitting up and is the most gorgeous little thing in the world, I'd forgotten what it was like not to have a child that is never naughty constantly
Dd1 has displayed her art work on my couch today with biro and the chocolate calendar has been beaten
How are you? Did you find out what you were having? Do you have to have any special survalience with this pregnancy or where they happy to sign you off after you got pregnant?

BlearyeyedLol Thu 12-Dec-13 22:50:37

I just realised you called me bossy thunder winkwink
Who, me???????? I'm just persuasive grin. Works of the job I reckon...
How old is your little one kitty?

Thunderpantsarego Thu 12-Dec-13 22:56:45

Ha! Got that past you briefly lol

kitty good to hear that your little one is giving you so much joy.

No we didn't find out the sex. It's magic enough just bring pregnant still so we're happy to wait for the surprise. They've been keeping a close eye on me because of thyroid but not because of mmc. I've had blood tests every 6 weeks since March and saw an endo early on in the pregnancy. Of course it's added to the worry but one day at a time.... smile

Dd1 is 27 months and littlie is 7months or just under she's a little live wire though, been rolling since 4 months and is never where I leave her, she manages to tip herself out of her bouncy chair this morning?!?shock Bad mummy

Yeah it was the thyroid thing I wondered about as didn't know if it was the hormones in pregnancy that could affect it, it's good your getting extra checks but no doubt adds to your worry, you are doing really well though and 26wks is a great gestation, I know it's horrible after a mc but for me I loved getting to 24wks as I knew from that point if I went into labour the baby could survive, sorry bit morbid I know but every week after that point I felt I could relax abit
Lol how is your little girl? How old is she now, is she about 4 months? I hope she's behaving smile

BlearyeyedLol Thu 12-Dec-13 23:11:06

I was the same about 24 weeks kitty. I don't think it's morbid, it's practical grin.
Yeah L is just over 4 months now and she is adorable- but has been going through a bit of a sleep regression and so is waking up every couple of hours confused!
Going away for Xmas and really looking forward to it!

Yes we had a sleep regression at 14wks lol, went from 11hours a night to waking up once then twice then was getting longer... I started weaning her at 17wks though as it was definatly hunger then after she was eating well a good month or two later and I knew shed had enough stoped the night feeds, it took a few days but she sleeps a good 12/13 hrs straight through now and has for months now fx I think the 4 month sleep thing is really common but I was lucky with dd1 and hadn't ever been through it before

Thunderpantsarego Fri 13-Dec-13 12:04:53

Yeah pregnancy and thyroid v closely linked kitty, basically you need to produce more thyroxine for baby so if you can't produce it yourself you are likely to change your meds dose. Which is what has happened to me- it's now three times the amount I started on. Last check was the first time I've not needed an increase while pregnant.

I totally get what you mean about passing 24 weeks. I still have the fear that baby is just going to die without me knowing - guess that's what mmc does to your head?! But I love the sound of 26 weeks- definitely growing more confident even though I still can't believe it's really real! Sorry to others for hijacking this thread a bit though blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.