Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

BelissimaLol Wed 12-Jun-13 17:39:46

I had no MS whatsoever and am having a girl so maybe its down to luck. I'm paying it back with heartburn now though. Eating about half a tub of ice cream a day and chewing on disgusting gaviscon tablets!
Wow nic 39 weeks. That is scary!
Are any of you exercising? I'm still doing Zumba and dancing once a week each and starting to find it quite hard. Might pack in dancing at least as its quite far from home then see if I can manage Zumba another couple of weeks.
Who is after MrsBri? Don't tell me its me or I'll completely freak out grin

Kittenkatzen Wed 12-Jun-13 17:56:52

Sorry lol I think it is you next after nic! grin Then littlemiss no?

red yy to the horrid bloat. Weak peppermint tea helped me a little bit but not much.

I'm bored on the train home so will toddle off and start us a stats fred shall I? Will post a link shortly.

MrsBri Wed 12-Jun-13 17:58:57

I had MS. Not really badly, but enough to throw up every day at least once for about 10 weeks. I just built it into my routine. As you do!

It is scary Lol, but I just want to meet bubs now. Come out baby :-)

And sorry, but I've a feeling you're just ahead of Littlemiss, which makes you next!

MrsBri Wed 12-Jun-13 17:59:45

Nobody deserving a puking tonight then Kitten?! :-)

Kittenkatzen Wed 12-Jun-13 18:10:32

Thankfully not...the train is rammed, hot and I'm standing, not sure I could cope with garlic prawn woman tonight!

Stats fred here.... www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1778102-BFP-wishes-grads-stats-thread

BelissimaLol Wed 12-Jun-13 18:16:53

OMG now I am actually panicking!! How can I possibly be next? There must be someone else before me. <bangs head in denial>
Thanks kitten added my stats. I'm sure someone else will come up with a due date before me!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 12-Jun-13 21:00:22

lol you are starting to get close, how exciting.

Adsum Wed 12-Jun-13 21:30:55

Thanks for adding me to the FB page nic! Lovely to see all your bumps and babies! wink

MrsBri Wed 12-Jun-13 21:35:31

And the stick that you pissed on :-) As well as your little boy!

BelissimaLol Wed 12-Jun-13 21:43:39

Nic have you found me on fb to add me?

BelissimaLol Wed 12-Jun-13 21:44:35

And good to see you here ads! It's like home. We are not scary like the other ante natal threads grin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 13-Jun-13 11:26:11

Hi ads, good to see you here. I love your clear blue digi photo.

MrsBri Thu 13-Jun-13 11:36:17

No, Lol, I sent you a PM to say that my brain has (in)conveniently decided to forget your name. Did you not get it?

BelissimaLol Thu 13-Jun-13 12:56:05

I thought I replied!!! Just sent it again now x

MrsBri Thu 13-Jun-13 13:05:42

Oops! I've found you on Facebook now :-)

BelissimaLol Thu 13-Jun-13 13:37:53

Cool added a bump pic toogrin
Stay with us ads x

This thread is really heating up - lots of posts to catch up on!!

Added myself to stats thread and going to go get myself added to facebook group...

lol - be careful with gaviscon, i have awful heartburn too but rennies / gaviscon stop you absorbing iron as effectively and i am really anemic now! Prob would have been anemic anyway but those antacid things def make it worse so if you're not taking a supplement with iron in it too you might want to give it a try just to be on safe side!

Hi ads!!!

nic - Yep you're ahead of me in the queue! Can't believe we're all getting into the final strait now!!

red - i didn't bloat much at the start but my hands and feet swell up all the time now! with DS1 i was wearing crocs for last 6 weeks cos it was so hard to get my feet into anything else lol Heat doesn't help - when I look at pics of me from just before I had him and the 3-4 weeks after I am so swollen!! Mostly fluid retention but it's not fun!!

Also - ladies on team yellow... I was team yellow last time with DS1 and it was amazing knowing it would be a surprise!! Decided to find out this time and strangely...still very exciting grin Can't wait to meet him!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 13-Jun-13 20:19:10

I'm very impressed with you ladies on team yellow. I'm just too nosey grin

BelissimaLol Thu 13-Jun-13 20:34:18

Thanks for the advice re gaviscon. I'm avoiding it anyway as I hate it. And having lemon ice lollies insteadgrin. They are working a treat!
I'm still taking pregnancy vits though which have iron.
When I'm too nosey as well! Could not manage not knowing!!!

Thingymajigs Thu 13-Jun-13 20:38:05

Me too when, I've just got to know as soon as scientifically possible. I'd find out now if I could.
I'm having bloating issues too red. I just feel heavy and bloated but no amount of water is helping. Let us know if you find a way to stop it. <waits hopefully>

Adsum Thu 13-Jun-13 23:00:23

Hey all! I'm too scared to join properly!! Feel almost a fraud as only 4+3!! Will lurk a bit and join in a bit until I feel more confident (is have a scan!!!) lovely to see and 'see' you all though! smile

RedRobin1 Fri 14-Jun-13 08:59:56

ads lovely seeing you here and you are pregnant and far from a fraud. Fx the early scan gives you a whole load of reassurance. When is it?

RedRobin1 Fri 14-Jun-13 09:14:19

thingy the sickness is back with the bloating - had a violent session of vomiting yesterday and just felt really down about it all. I want to enjoy the pregnancy and be ecstatic but just got no energy right now.

Had a chat with a friend in RL who said this will pass soon and I am almost near the end of the first tri.

Just a few more weeks to go - sickness, bloating and tiredness are a bad combo when they all come at once. Get so scared of hurting the baby everytime I am sick sad

Thingymajigs Fri 14-Jun-13 13:55:42

Aw red, don't worry, the baby will be fine. It'll take whatever it needs from you. The sickness sounds utterly miserable, I hope it passes soon. How many weeks are you?

BelissimaLol Sat 15-Jun-13 15:22:02

How are you all today lovely ladies?
I'm hoping MS has buggered off red and that everyone is enjoying the sunshine rain
Our nursery is FINALLY finished!!!!!!! Hooray!!!! Now DH and his dad are putting up the wardrobe and MIL is ironing baby stuff and I'm chilling resting for a bit grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.