Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Sat 12-Oct-13 14:28:57

wee how are you doing? Hope you are ok.

Had a very lovely morning, some friends organised a suprise baby shower / play date for the kids. It was lots of fun and really sweet of them to organise.

Ah when that sounds so lovely, how are you feeling? It's getting close!
Hope wee and kitten are doing ok x

RedRobin1 Sun 13-Oct-13 17:40:20

That sounds like a lovely surprise shower when how are you doing otherwise? Not long I guess till you see ds.

wee come back and talk to us when you are ready. Hope you are okay x

DH and I have just returned from our 'babymoon' weekend away. It was lovely - we had a city break in the UK and DH booked a lovely hotel and took me shopping and lots of nice meals out in lovely restaurants - all of the things I'll miss doing when baby comes smile felt very spoilt!

Although had a mini panic on Saturday when baby decided to not move for 9 hours! I was worried sick but it decided to kick me hard after an icy cold drink and I don't think I have ever felt so relieved! I guess the worrying has already started smile

Feeling a little overwhelmed by how fast time is flying...

kitten how are you doing hun? Hope you and little one are doing okay..

weechops Sun 13-Oct-13 20:34:14

Hi didn't mean to just disappear. I'm feeling really up and down tbh. Funeral went as well as it could yesterday. I had friends and family round me for support. Everything keeps setting me off though sad and I got a fright earlier driving - I hit the kerb and blew the tyre. Thankfully dh was 2 mins away and came to the rescue but I couldn't stop sobbing and the kids were in the back sad I suppose the hormones don't help with the emotions! Baby is moving about loads but I hope all the sobbing isn't squishing him! Growth scan in 2 weeks to look forward to though smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Mon 14-Oct-13 18:19:36

Oh wee it really does sound like you are having a tough time, I can't imagine going through what you are. I have a theory that's its best to get really upset and kind of feel the pain fully at first rather than bottle it up so it comes back later. disclaimer this is based on no actual evidence and is just me coming up with random theories

Oh the baby won't even notice the sobbing so don't worry about that.

red seriously envy of your baby moon

Went to midwife today and baby is 3/5th engaged, so everything's heading in the right direction.

You are all very quiet in here!
When how are you feeling? Any signs?
Wee hope you are getting through each day, much love
How is everyone else? Hope kitten is ok, is anyone friends with her on fb?

Just to cheer anyone up my night on my own last night consisted of chasing a mouse around the lounge, bloody cats! ( 2hrs!!!) missed strictly hmm

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Sun 20-Oct-13 19:36:25

Hi kitty yes it has gone a bit quiet. Nothing to report here except the nursery is finished as of today. Had a surge of energy and cleaned and sorted the room.

I don't think tonight is my night though, am 39 weeks today and a bit fed up of being pregnant

Well atleast your sorted, that must feel good? It's so strange when your first is early isn't it, I thought it would be the same or earlier really but everyone I know who had an early first has gone longer with the second, all of them! But I think you will be soon, I went into labour on a sat night so fx for you!

fatasbutter Sun 20-Oct-13 21:56:02

Hi all! Have been AWOL due to intense stress at work, readying to move house and other small things!

So sorry to hear you are having a tough time wee <hugs>

when I remember that feeling - fx not too much longer for you now!

Lol @ thought of kitty running about after mice!!

fatasbutter Sun 20-Oct-13 22:00:12

I sent wee hugs in the last message but it doesn't show up - here are some thanks instead x

weechops Mon 21-Oct-13 15:43:53

Hi all. Thank you for the lovely flowers fatas smile

My first (dd) was a week early so I expected ds to be early too but he was 4 days late and a sweep got him moving. No clue what to expect with this one! I have a growth scan next Monday so hopefully get a better idea of whats going to happen smile

kitty think I would have closed the door and decamped upstairs smile

RedRobin1 Mon 21-Oct-13 18:59:58

Haha kitty sounds like an episode of Tom and Jerry!

Sorry I have been AWOL as had loads going on in the house with the building work in the nursery... The dust is settling but still need DH to paint and do it all up..

Going to my first NCT class tonight and I am very excited. Baby has been kicking hard last few days...feeling slightly uncomfortable at 29 weeks ....heavy breathing, breathlessness, back ache, constipation and bladder pressure have all kicked in. Seem to get tired quicker and have not bothered putting socks on recently as can't reach my feet! find it funny sometimes how much I have had to slow down and things taking twice as long.

when 39 weeks!!! Wow! It's so close and you will meet your baby soon! Can't believe we were on the conception boards last year and now having our little ones smile times flown by!

fatas hope the pressures at work ease off and you get a bit of relaxation in!

How's everyone else doing? Thingy, nic,alex....?

Oh exciting red, I can remember by antenatal class like it was yesterday! It was so much fun all the shoping and planning a first bubs arrival, my dd2's god parent was met at my class grin

Thingymajigs Mon 21-Oct-13 21:12:29

Good luck when. Can't be far off now but I bet it feels neverending.
I can't believe how far along everyone is now. It doesn't seem long ago we were comparing cycle lengths. I feel weird thinking that I'm nearly 6 months pregnant. Seems to have gone so quickly since the initial scary weeks.
Not much to report here. Moved house two weeks ago so now we have a room for baby. Although its full of boxes atm. Baby is kicking away at 25 weeks and my tummy is sticking out at some bizarre angles thanks to my non-existent muscle tone.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Tue 22-Oct-13 18:30:55

fatas sorry work is a bit mental but at least you are keeping busy.

wee you sound ok, best of luck with the growth scan, it's nice they look a bit chunkier and more baby like.

red glad the building work is going well, it sounds like you have your hands full. My dh is pretty good at decorating but is very precise and exacting (so takes forever to achieve anything, it looks good when it's fine though).
Enjoy the nct classes, it made everything feel quite real.

kitty I think I would have left the mouse for dh to deal with, thankfully the only cat I ever owned was a useless hunter.

thingy I know what you mean about thinks flying along. It feels like its taken forever for me to get to full term but when I read you lot are 25+ weeks gone I can't believe how fast time has gone. It weird.

So far I'm 39+2 weeks and there is no sign of anything happening other than lots of braxton hicks, but I get loads of those anyway. I did have a massive surge of energy on Sunday as the nursery was finally finished but nothing came of it sad.
Dd has come down with a cold and was awake a lot of the night with croup, she seems to be on the mend but it would probably be best if I held out a few more days.

Sorry dd isn't well when, probably best baby doesn't arrive for a few days then and give you chance to recover
I would have left the mouse but dh helped but we were getting on each other's nerves about who was doing it wrong and then her had work, I couldn't settle knowing there was a mouse somewhere!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Tue 22-Oct-13 22:49:53

Thanks kitty dd seems to be on the mend, we will see how the croup goes tonight.

I really thought I would have had him by now, I guess he has other plans. Busy few days ahead, it's my mums birthday on Friday and then I'm a godparent on Sunday. Ordered the pressie and am praying it gets here on time.

fatasbutter Wed 23-Oct-13 18:17:36

How was antenatal class red??

When I think you need to get on the curry/pineapple/rampant shagging bus to get baby out!! wink

Hope everyone else well - had last day of work today but so much overspill of paperwork I will hve to go in tomorrow to get it all done (kind of ruins dramatic exit a bit but hey ho!)

twinklestar2 Wed 23-Oct-13 18:19:57

Hello all, I haven't read back, don't come on here much anymore, literally popping my head in to say hi and hope all well with babies, bumps, etc.

XX

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Wed 23-Oct-13 22:31:12

Hi twinkle, good to hear from you. How is life treating you?

Thanks for the best wishes to all the bumps and babies. Do we get an update on how you are, are you still in touch with resipsa?

RedRobin1 Thu 24-Oct-13 12:21:51

lovely to hear from you twinkle as always smile hope you are keeping well...x

fatas remind me again, have you finished work for good? how far along are you now? hope your back pain is getting better, I found walking helped with it or getting DH to massage! NCT was really good. I liked the style of the classes, very different to what I expected. It was more around 'thinking' through things than telling you what to do and lot of informal open discussion than classroom based learning. I met someone who is due on the same date as me smile

thingy 25 weeks! wow time has flown hasn't it.... hows the bump looking? Take it easy with the move and no heavy lifting!

what do braxton hicks actually feel like when ? hope you have a lovely time as godparent on Sunday (that's if baby doesn't come before then!)

how are you doing wee? hope the growth scan went well

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Thu 24-Oct-13 15:38:24

Hi red thanks for the best wishes for Sunday. Dh is hoping I give birth on that day so "we get out of the christening" miserable git.

I guess braxton hicks feel different for every woman. For me they don't hurt at all, I'm only properly aware of them if I am touching my bump and it goes rock hard (I don't carry a lot of weigh on my stomach so there isn't much padding and my bump feels as solid as a rock (unfortunately I have a lot if padding on my ass to make up for it)).

The exception was on Sunday where I was trying to do a thousand jobs all at once. I kept getting strong braxton hicks and they stopped me from moving but I still wouldn't have said they hurt.

I remember thinking "ooh maybe proper labour contractions won't hurt too much" - I was an idiot the real thing is indecently painful.

fatas hope you are enjoying the nct classes, if nothing else you should meet some nice ladies to hang out with post birth.

wee thinking of you, hope all is well and you get some lovely pics from your scan.

RedRobin1 Mon 28-Oct-13 08:00:46

How was the christening when? Are you officially overdue now? Hope baby makes a move soon!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Tue 29-Oct-13 00:42:05

Hi red christening was long but very enjoyable I had a lovely sleep at my aunts house during the post christening party [shame]

I'm up at stupid o'clock cause I think I'm starting to have contractions, they are not the most regular so this could wimper out into nothing.

This thread is not accepting new messages.