Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

BelissimaLol Mon 10-Jun-13 18:13:56

More time and not Rome!!!!
And when exciting news on scan. It's so relieving when you see they are healthy!!!! And a little boy! Have you got names??

MrsBri Mon 10-Jun-13 18:59:08

I was surprised you weren't far behind me Lol! Weird, isn't it?

And yes, very impatient. I was fine until I got to 38 weeks, now I'm a nightmare! Ah well. It's going to be soon, however it happens.

Curry and DTD have had no effect though. Unfair :-)

I had to take my A/L this year, so finished early. Far too much effort to carry on anyway!

Do you think if I beg then baby may appear?

Kittenkatzen Tue 11-Jun-13 07:29:21

Ooh lol more Rome with baby - how very glamorous! wink I'm 26+5 now, due 12th September - and team yellow. Awkwardly we both have a feeling it's a boy, but can only think of girls names that we like! Have you got names picked out and ready?

Yay when team blue, how lovely! You have a dd already don't you? What does she think to having a little brother?

mrsbri hope babyb makes his debut soon...I'm impatient for you ha!

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 07:41:34

Well, I'll be induced 3 weeks today if Baby B doesn't come before then, so I really don't have long to wait, I suppose. Not that I want to wait that long!

The dilemma this week is that DH actually has some work, which has been few and far between recently, so now I'm torn between wanting baby to come, but not disrupting the work he's got. So, Saturday is great please baby! :-)

BelissimaLol Tue 11-Jun-13 09:15:41

Can't believe you are both team yellow. I could not wait that long to find out. Too anxious!
After much arguing and shouting we decided on Lara. She will have my mums first name as her middle name- but I have not told my mum yet! Then DH last name which is now my married name. I dont really like it though hey ho.
If it all goes well the nursery will be finished on sat. We bought a mamas and papas furniture set which is currently sitting in my garage! Have you ladies bought furniture sets? I also have a Moses basket and am planning to have her in our room for the first few months. Are you doing the same?
It's nice to be back chatting. Missed you girls grin
Nic- have you heard from pear? She must have had hers by now!!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 11-Jun-13 09:23:02

lol Lara is a lovely name. I don't like dh's last name either but there's not much that can be done about it.

kitten I can't quite believe I'm on team blue. Not a clue what to call him, naming boys is a complete nightmare.

mrsbri oh bless you. Being massively pregnant is no fun at all. I remember being miserable with dd then suddenly I got my energy back and felt amazing. My waters broke 2 days later. Hope things get started soon for you.

Congrats when, you must have been really surprised! Was your dh very smug? He'd guessed a boy hasn't he? Did you manage to get all the measurements done or will you have to go back?
Lol I'm with you on finding out, way to impatient to wait!!
Pear was on a thread I was for quite a while and was due the week before me but dd2 was 10 days early, either way I'd think shed have had her baby by now and she was having a little boy grin
Maybe we should set up a private fb group? itd be nice to see baby's and hear names as I know some people don't want to out themselves?? Me and Nic are friends allready and its nice to get progress reports and put faces to names!
Hot flushes- I didn't have any in pregnancy but had them every night since, think its to do with milk but I've had to change bed sheets every other day hmm
( I'd love to spend abit of time in Rome with baby grin)

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 09:36:13

Lol, we were going to get a nursery set, but then moved into a house with built in cupboards in the nursery so a) there's no room and b) there's no need.

We bought a changing unit and a cot bed (after being let down by somebody who offered the one they were going to get rid of, but are still using :-/).

I also bought a wicker basket for the bedding etc.

Lara is a lovely name :-) We are using my gramp's name as our boy's middle name and my nan's name for the girl's middle name. At least I then get a family name in there too!

I've only told a few people our names, so most people don't know the sex or the possible name, which I love!

Lol, I thought we'd be tempted to find out, but once we'd been told baby was fine after the scan I really didn't mind and didn't want to know. Not sure what we will do next time. We will have to see :-)

And yes, Pear had baby Harry a few weeks ago. Day before his due date, I think. We email regularly as she doesn't come on here now.

I'll look out for the energy surge, When! I do have spells of activity. Usually for cleaning / gardening!

I also have to remember that no matter what my scan said, I'm actually 4 days behind the dates we are using, so baby is working to a different timetable!

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 09:39:27

I like the idea of a private FB group. I'm friends with Kitten too, so can set it up.

If people want to be added let me know your FB email / user name so I can add you as a friend and then to the group :-)

Kittenkatzen Tue 11-Jun-13 10:09:19

lol we started out looking at nursery sets, but in the end we've made use of some bits and pieces of furniture we already had. We've bought a beautiful cotbed from Izziwotnot that I'm ever so slightly in love with, and then we have an Ikea cubed bookshelf that I've ordered funky boxes for that we'll use for storage, and hanging stuff will just go in with our clothes for now as there is space. We've done the same as you and got a moses basket to have in our bedroom for the first few months.

when totally agree that naming boys is a nightmare - we can't agree on anything! There are lots of "nice" boys names, but none of them really seem to jump at you the way a pretty girls name does! We've also done the same as mrsbri and not told anyone our name choices - learnt that lesson early on when every name we liked was met with a <catsbumface> "ooh no I don't like that" from someone or other! I'm asking everyone for boys name suggestions though, just not telling them our chosen girls name! grin

Count me in for the fb group please nic smile

BelissimaLol Tue 11-Jun-13 10:34:28

Yeah I'm happy with fb group and to be friends on fb! Do you remember my name nic? If not I will on you so as its not out in the whole world!
Please send my love and congrats to pear.
I though I was having a boy but I think that was because I secretly wanted a girl. So I had to find out!
We have told the name to lots of people but always with a disclosure - dont tell me if you don't like it! - so have not had any problems.
Red how many weeks are you now? And thingy?? Who else is missing over here? I know twinkle is starting ivf and will join us soon gringrin- and res is over there still. What about fatas? Is she still around? Anyone else I missed? Oh it feels like coming home thanks

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 10:47:21

Lol, Fatas / Adsum has just found out she's pregnant again after an MMC! :-) Hopefully we'll see her over here when she feels able to cross over to us!

And hopefully everyone else will come over soon. I really hope winkle's IVF works. She's gone through so much :-(

I've PM'd you, by the way.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 11-Jun-13 11:03:38

Private Facebook group sounds like a great idea.

Nic can I personal message you so you can add me on?

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 11:23:45

When, I've added you (or who I think is you!) as a friend. Once you've accepted me I'll add you to the group :-)

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 11-Jun-13 11:28:02

Thanks you found me grin

Thingymajigs Tue 11-Jun-13 14:34:04

Oh great news when. Boys are wonderful. I have two boys, so I'm probably a bit biased but they are so loving. My (nearly) 10 year old is such a mummy's boy and still melts my heart every day.
Hi bel. I'm only 5+4 so its still early days. But have avoided morning sickness like you. Hope your heartburn settles soon.
How are you doing red? Has your sickness settled?

RedRobin1 Tue 11-Jun-13 16:25:58

I have missed loads... sorry work has been a bit crazy again and was too exhausted to post in the evenings.

<waves a big hello to lol>

lol we think alike! I love the name Lara too... but DH has his own list. So we are not at the arguing stage yet, but will soon get there in a few months time. so good to see you back here!!!

when fab news on the scan and a gorgeous baby boy on the horizon smile boys names are so hard... we've followed kittens advice and going to just not reveal our chosen names to friends and family until its born.

mrsbri goodness me! baby B is not out yet... right I shall be willing it to make a move and pop out soon enough! Oh and I hope you are not gardening missy! put your feet up <raising eyebrows and sternly telling you to step away from the gardening tools>
I have de-facebooked so don't have an account anymore sad

kitten how are you doing?

thingy 5+4 is too soon for ms. Mine didn't kick in till 6 weeks... and the bloody thing just wont stop. How are you doing otherwise? Any other symptoms... have you stopped peeing on sticks?

I have had a rough few weeks with just nausea and bloating... bloating was horrid, i could barely bring myself to eat any food. But today <whispers> I suddenly feel better and less nauseous... <whispers again> could it be the end of ms... oh please please please let it stop!

Thanks all for the info the antenatal classes - we might stick with the NHS ones after all. Will make sure we book onto them soonish. I got my 12week scan date in the post today smile get to see baby in 4 weeks time! woohooo!
PS. I am on team yellow too!

when - another boy for the thread hurray! I was v envy of everyone having girls to begin with but now I can't wait!!! My DS is so funny and apart from being a nightmare to toilet train and having the world's loudest voice, he is a very good wee thing so hoping his brother will be the same smile

lol - 8th August is my EDD so just a week after you grin

red - you can always splurge the money you save on not doing NCT classes on a lovely changing bag ha ha - i got a stroksak one the last time and it was so fab, insulated pockets for bottles, matching fold up changing mat inside. Bliss! And I only ever have handbags from Accessorise and places so it was a v nice treat!

Yes to FB group from me too - who do we PM to get added?

No other news - chronic heartburn, anemia, SPD and general third tri exhaustion are really wrecking me but with only 8 weeks to go I can prob just about cope. Would love to just go to bed and sleep for a week but still 3 weeks of work to go (and then full-time job running round after toddler lol)

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 16:48:22

Hey Red! :-)

So glad you're starting to feel better. I hope it lasts for you.

With regard to the NHS courses, it all depends where you live when you can book. I'd ask when you book in with the midwife. I wasn't allowed to even ask about being booked on until I got to 30 weeks! Think I was about 34 weeks when I went.

And no, no gardening today. I did mow both lawns last week, but nothing so far this week! It's easier than using our heavy vacuum cleaner :-) I have cleaned the bathroom and I'm on my second load of washing now the sun has come out too. But definitely no gardening!

And I love being team yellow. I can't wait to be told what we've had after the effort of labour / birth.

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 16:49:52

Cross post, Littlemiss.

PM me with your FB details so I can add you :-)

Kittenkatzen Tue 11-Jun-13 19:01:03

Hey red glad you're feeling better - quick stuff your face now while it lasts! grin I'm doing well thanks, apart from the absolute minger sat next to me on the train home who is currently eating a pack if garlic marinaded prawns with her fingers <BOAK> it's ok if I puke on her right??

MrsBri Tue 11-Jun-13 20:05:53

Puking on the prawns would be more effective as it would ensure she wasn't able to finish eating them! :-)

Thingymajigs Wed 12-Jun-13 14:45:27

Hi red, hope that was the end of your morning sickness. Surely its got to stop soon. I've just read that you are more likely to have a girl if you have ms. I don't know how true that is but I've never had it and I have two boys. So I guess I spoke too soon and there's still a chance it could kick in in the next few days. Now there's something to look forward to!
Symptoms are sore breasts, hot flushes, exhaustion, crazy mood swings and a general feeling of being completely overwhelmed by every little task. I feel sorry for my family having to put up with me atm.
Sorry to hear about the SPD little. It is so debilitating especially when you already have kids to look after.

RedRobin1 Wed 12-Jun-13 15:56:06

I don't know thingy I think I spoke to soon. All day nausea is back in all it's glory. A days respite was so good I can't wait till the placenta takes over.

My stomach is so bloated I have started showing a round bump! But I know for a fact it's all bloat and gas as baby is still somewhere down in abdomen! Did any of you have severe bloating? Any tips to ease it will be gratefully received!

kitten hope you threw up on those prawns...

littlemiss how far along are you now? I forget if its nic first or you....stats seems like a good idea!

MrsBri Wed 12-Jun-13 16:03:19

I had bloat, red, but I struggled to resolve it too, sadly.

I'd be grateful for suggestions for next time!

I think I'm next as I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. Eek.

This thread is not accepting new messages.