Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

She's very similar when, she had 2 days of being a horror when dh went back to work, deliberately naughty with everything to the point of moching me while doing a little dance shock to now generally very sweet and much more affectionate but very demanding of me and time, it works out ok most of the time and there's big chunks when it is just you when baby's asleep but no sitting mooning at them I'm afraid, they definatly take the back seat interns of time hmm

Kittenkatzen Sun 01-Sep-13 19:50:08

I'm here! smile sorry for being a bit rubbish recently, this mat leave lark has been busy so far!

I'm all good, had 38wk check up this morning, baby is head down and a tiny bit engaged...we've reached the new school year so operation evict babykitten is commencing! Just had half a jar of extra hot jalapeños on my dinner, eaten whilst bouncing on the birth ball, tomorrow will involve shopping for fresh pineapple, raspberry leaf tea and cooking a super hot chilli grin

Time seems to be speeding along for us all - everyone seems so far gone all of a sudden!

So lovely to hear all the BFPer babies are doing well!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 02-Sep-13 20:35:42

kitty she sounds cute, I definately know what you mean about being naughty just for the sake of it. Mine doesn't seem bothered by the naughty step though, I tell her to go and sit on it so she does and just chats away to herself. She put grandad on the naughty step, he did in all fairness do something wrong, it was hilarious - he didn't manage one minute for every year of his life though.

kitten good luck with the bouncing it really could be any day now.

Had a 32 week midwife check today, all is well and I measured 32cms, so I'm very pleased, operation weight gain is a success I think my ass is fatter too but we will try and ignore that

When, dd not interested in the naughty step either, we threaten her with the scrap man grin

Alexandra6 Mon 02-Sep-13 21:10:05

when loved that naughty step story, told my DH and he laughed!

Good luck with operation eviction kitten - will this involve dtd? wink Not sure we'll be up for that when I'm huge but it's meant to help isn't it!

Good work with operation weight gain as well when I've been doing that too and am a bit bigger ass is also a lot bigger Still in my normal clothes though as 28 weeks! Obviously not skinny jeans haha but stretchy dresses etc. Time is flying for me, can't believe it.

What's the scrap man kitty?!

The scrap man drives around our area shouting any old iron? Dd1 doesn't like him ( not sure where the fear came from) so we say he's comming to get her if she's naughty or that we will ring him ha ha evil mum

Alexandra6 Mon 02-Sep-13 22:03:34

Ohhhhh haha grin naughty kitty!!

Kittenkatzen Tue 03-Sep-13 07:36:25

alex believe it or not we have dtd a couple of times over the last week or two...uncomfortable and awkward is how I would describe it. Except for the one escapade over the birthing ball which was, quite frankly, just plain comical grin

I've now got that "any old iron" song stuck in my head...!

And now I've got an image over trying to dtd over an exercise ball lol confused

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 03-Sep-13 19:26:29

I have massive respect for you attempting to dtd over an excercise ball. I wouldn't have attempted it in my relatively fit and limber 20s.

Kittenkatzen Wed 04-Sep-13 08:10:34

grin sorry, hope you've got some brain bleach handy!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 04-Sep-13 21:26:36

Thanks for the brain bleach. I've virtually given up hope of dh finishing the nursery before the baby gets here. He's driving me mental, we need to sort out insulating the loft over the babies room before we get the plasterer to skim the celing.

Dh has been in the loft and thinks the old thin layer of insulation might have asbestos in it (I'm pretty sure it doesn't and dh is overreacting again). So we have to send a sample off to get it tested. angry

I shouldn't be getting pissed off at dh, he's doing his best but honestly he takes forever to do anything.

Alexandra6 Wed 04-Sep-13 21:42:37

Don't worry when I've been worrying about our loft conversion being finished in time, so we won't be starting on the nursery until I'm around 34/35 weeks probably but the baby stays in with you at first doesn't it, so I'm being quite relaxed about it all. Very unlike me! wink

Oh and I'm really sorry for being a traitor but am totally on your DH's side about the asbestos. Am massively para about chemicals and toxic stuff and think it's well worth being 100% sure. Sorry blush

Have to tell you all about my strong baby - was just stuffing my face with a tray on my lap and resting it on the bump, and the baby jabbed the tray away and it actually moved!!

kitten - wow much respect, considered that around 6 days overdue but couldnt face it lol

when - argh how frustrating!! With ds1 I had a floor down in nursery and walls painted but nothing else done when he showed up right on time and with ds2 I had nursery ready 2 months in advance but I came within hours of being induced. No matter how prepared / unprepared we are these babies keep to their own schedules!!!

Alexandra6 Wed 04-Sep-13 21:44:50

Oh and I meant to also say, our neighbour's nursery wasn't ready for a good few weeks apparently and they had the baby in with them and didn't mind at all. So another reason we should be relaxing about that smile I'll probably get to 38 weeks and freak out about the loft and nursery not being finished

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 04-Sep-13 22:55:17

Thanks alex and little you are of course both entirely right. I got a bit of a nesting thing going on and it's doing me no favours.

I'm obsessed with laundry at the moment, virtually dragging clothes off dh so I can make a full ok half full load for the washing machine. God help dh if it gets worse.

Alexandra6 Thu 05-Sep-13 07:59:41

Ooh wonder when my nesting instinct will kick in? wink

Can anyone please tell me something positive about mat leave and having a baby/child generally? Seems like lots of people like to tell you the bad bits as way of warning, or if I say something nice has happened in the pregnancy, they'll say "oh enjoy it now because later on blah blah blah". I know it's going to be tough but I can't see how it hurts to be positive and I'm wondering if that will make a difference to the experience as well? Don't get me wrong, I'll moan, but I just want to look forward to it for now! Luckily a couple of people have told me recently they're loving motherhood/mat leave etc to balance it out!

When, I hear you, it'd piss me off too, obviously you can't be too safe with asbestos but if it was my dh I'd think he had invented an excuse aswell!wink
Alex I permanently nested but I'm abit " Monica" anyway
Positives- my maternity leave was one of the best years of my life, I loved it! Every day the new developments, it's magical! For me with one the first bit was hard, a culture shock and colic but I had lots of pluses, never struggled with bf, dd1 slept 7-7 from 12wks and was a lovely baby. I think people really talk about the bad because we all like a good moan plus no one likes to hear that x has a good sleeper when they don't or that everything is great with feeding when they are sore and exhausted, but if you are enjoying your pregnancy that's fantastic, I had a good pregnancy and labour with dd1, I still wanted her out from about 35wks wink but on the whole I couldn't have had it better, I think people try to prepare you for the bad as if they said its easy then it wasn't you'd get depressed about it if they say its hard and it's not for you it's a bonus!

Alexandra6 Thu 05-Sep-13 10:22:59

Thanks kitty really needed to hear that, I'm loving my pregnancy so far on the whole and it's only the worry about what's coming up that taints it!

RedRobin1 Thu 05-Sep-13 18:17:51

Ola everyone smile

alex I totally get where you are coming from! All my friends who were pregnant last year don't stop talking about the negatives "get more sleep as you won't have any" "newborns are hardwork" blah blah - I just turn around and tell them "yes it will be hard and it will be difficult and a
Complete change in life but I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I really emphasise the last bit.

I like you have started enjoying the pregnancy (bar the hip pain, buttock pain and tailbone pain, oh and diarrhoea) and love looking at the positives. The one I am looking forward to most is the first 30mins or so of my life with DH, new baby and just me in hospital.

when I am with your DH about the asbestos thing - better to be safe!! Our nursery room needs a complete gutting - walls knocked out and plaster work and carpets etc but no builders free till I am in my third trimester!!! Just want it done but I guess it's going to be a waiting game.

Talking about nesting instincts - I decided to clean our free standing oven yesterday as it bugged me at night before going to bed as one of the things that needed doing! Such a bad idea - all that bending and cleaning (it hasn't been cleaned for 8 months!) I have a very achy bottom and back. Jumping into a bath to hopefully loosen things up!

So much more to say but I will post later! Hi to everyone!

Hang in there kitten your birthing ball story had me blush hope operation evict baby kitten is going well

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 05-Sep-13 20:12:05

alex I know what you mean about everyone telling you how hard it is once you are pregnant. It is a massive shock to the system but really enjoyable too.
I'm one of those people who got pregnant because she wanted a child (wasn't that keen on babies). I love babies now, yes they cry a lot but its do exciting seeng them develop.

RedRobin1 Sun 08-Sep-13 09:54:54

How you doing kitten?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 11-Sep-13 12:08:02

Hello. Anyone here still? grin

How's things going kitten? I'm guessing there's no movement yet.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and officially start my 4 weeks hol prior to mat leave this Friday. Very exciting. Unfortunately my spd has just started to kick in but it's no where near as bad as my pregnancy with dd.

Hope you are all doing well.

Alexandra6 Wed 11-Sep-13 14:42:48

Where is everybody! Exciting about mat leave when - is your dd at school? Not sure how old she is but hope you'll get some time to relax! Hope the SPD isn't too bad. I am just sooooo tired at 29 weeks! Ah but remember how awful and worried I was with all that cervix stuff - it's so nice to get to this stage when I sit back and appreciate it instead of moaning about how tired I am and the stupid loft conversion we're doing smile

Kittenkatzen Wed 11-Sep-13 14:49:42

I'm still here!! Sorry for being so bloody rubbish at updating - you'd think being on mat leave would give me tons of time for mn'ing but somehow there always seems to be something else to do! Must address my priorities.....

when hurrah for your leave starting after this week! have you got anything fun planned for the first couple of weeks?

red and alex hope you've both come up with suitably snarky responses to all the killjoys you're coming across. There were one or two people like that in my office and in the end I resorted to literally cutting them off mid sentence with a "jokey" thanks but I'm not listening to any horror stories [winning smile]

kitty/little how are you both getting on? I bet they're not so little any more are they?!

No exciting update from me I'm afraid....EDD is tomorrow (eek! how did that happen!?!) and not a peep from baby yet. Have been having some mild periody type pains over the last week or so but that's it. Have mw appt on Saturday and she's offered to do a sweep if I want one....I'm thinking I'll probably take her up on it - anyone got any experiences to share?

This thread is not accepting new messages.