Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

Alex I wasn't bored for one day! I only had 10 days though but I could have easily enjoyed another few weeks!
Kitten 37+1 eek I had had dd1 by now just to scare you! it could be anytime now!
When hope your feeling better

BelissimaLol Fri 23-Aug-13 21:11:47

Well I've been off work for 4 weeks now and although its been with baby, it does really feel like it was yesterday. I don't know where my time goes!!!! I'm worried the next 10 months will go this fast and I will find myself back at work blush

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 23-Aug-13 22:04:27

Thanks all, stomach is slowly returning to normal, I feel quite guilty. I honestly could go to work but I genuinely do think the best thing for me and the baby is to rest up. Think I got really run down with all the colds and vomiting bugs and rest is just what's needed.

kitten wow full term, how exciting, your day sounded lovely.

alex don't worry about people not being bothered about babies. For every one that isn't bothered there are 10 that turn into mush as soon as babies are mentioned.

lol has it been 4 weeks, time is flying. 10 months is still a long way away.

RedRobin1 Sat 24-Aug-13 10:56:22

Kitten wow 37 weeks! How did that happen so fast smile almost time - fingers crossed you don't have long to wait now.

Hi lol hope Lara's doing well and you are getting a few hours of kip here and there!

when good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Sometimes rest is just what your body needs. Glad you got that time off.

Did anyone have tailbone pain in pregnancy? If I sit in a restaurant or work chair with an upright back I seem to start getting tailbone pain. Like its protruding out of my arse.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 25-Aug-13 19:11:25

Hi red my tailbone is fine so can't offer any advice, maybe a cushion would help.

I have a pretty large bum so I kind of carry my own cushion around with my, are you quite slim? Maybe more padding would help.

Alexandra6 Sun 25-Aug-13 19:21:01

red I've had that funnily enough! I actually kept getting it a couple of years ago (non pregnant) though so thought I just have a long tailbone! (The missing link?! grin ) My bum does get more sore generally now so it could be the extra weight - or actually I heard that pregnancy causes a relaxing hormone to be released into your body including backbone so that could be why you're feeling it now.

I've had an upset tummy since last night sad Not majorly bad so not worried it's a tummy bug but have been a bit stressed and busy (work stuff, row with DH yesterday) so wonder if it's that. Could just be something dodgy I ate! Hope everyone else is good.

RedRobin1 Sun 25-Aug-13 19:29:40

I am on the slim side when size 8-10 but never thought about the missing padding smile will look into getting a doughnut to sit on.

alex yes it's just been happening this week and everything seems weirdly out of place down there. Just don't seem to get comfy easily when sitting.

Hopefully your tummy feels better soon. It's going around a lot at the moment..

weechops Mon 26-Aug-13 15:25:56

I had my consultant appointment today. Because ds was so big, I've to have diabetes test in 3 weeks then a growth scan at 32 weeks. If the baby doesn't look too big then I can try for a vbac, but if he's huge like ds then ill have a section booked. I'm ok with that. Happy to get to try for vbac and happy to be monitored closely smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 26-Aug-13 20:57:12

Sounds very sensible weechops how big was your ds.

weechops Mon 26-Aug-13 22:19:16

He was 10lb 4 when. I think they're more concerned that he was so much bigger than dd as she was only 6lb 15. It makes me feel a bit more relaxed though that little managed to do it naturally with a big baby, maybe I could too smile

RedRobin1 Tue 27-Aug-13 00:13:25

Ahhh! Sleep deprived and can amazingly feel baby kicking away smile lovely feeling...no flutters but proper kicks...can feel in lower abdomen only

kitty I am wondering if we still made the right decision to stay on team yellow! Haha been trying to guess if its a boy or a girl all day but no luck! Guess we'll have to wait 4 more months to find out!!

wee wow 10lb is big! but like you say if they are monitoring you and baby during vbac constantly it should be fine.

BelissimaLol Tue 27-Aug-13 08:24:59

Oh god you are all hard core ladies!!! I would have begged for a cesarean if I knew baby was a 10 pounder!!!! Shame on me!
On other news Lara is one month old today gringrin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 28-Aug-13 20:43:55

Aww one month old babies. I'll bet Lara is beyond cute.

wee 10 pounds, ouch my little 7 pounder was hard enough.

Checking in while Oisín is feeding like crazy!!

Wow sounds like everyone is doing well...

lol - a month already!! i found first few months with DS a complete blur but eventually time sort of rights itself. Kind of!

wee - Im glad to be an inspiration lol Glad they are keeping a close eye on you and really hope VBAC works out

kitten - yay so lovely being off work...enjoy grin

Sorry not to mention everyone, hard to type one handed!! Things great here, Oisín is not quite back to birth weight but he's well on his way. Some nights sleeping well, other nights not so much!! I'm so much better this time round tho, recovering really well from delivery and getting out and about plenty with both DSs to park, grandparents, even cinema! Hectic having 2 tho, i can only assume (hope) that i'll get better at juggling them both with practice grin

Alexandra6 Thu 29-Aug-13 08:47:09

Happy one month lara!

Can't believe how much faster time flies later in pregnancy compared to those awful anxious early days! I'm 27 weeks today and apart from hoping our loft conversion finishes in good time, I'm getting quite excited and all feeling very real!

red I love the little kicks don't you smile my bumpy is getting so strong now, can really feel and see it moving around, amazing. Was very proud on a night out last night when everyone said the bump was cute and neat and I've barely put any weight on elsewhere although I do need to make sure I'm eating enough as I haven't put much on at all. I'm also team green/yellow and loving the gender guesses from friends!

wee I was ten and a half pounds when I was born and my mum had VB!

Thingymajigs Thu 29-Aug-13 12:01:58

I am super jealous of your neat bump alex. I've only got myself to blame but I've managed to put on 9lbs already. I assume it'll settle again now the summer holidays are over and I'm back to long walks and busy days. Well, I hope so or I'll look ridiculous in a couple of months.
Lovely to hear about the newborns doing so well and all the pregnancy kicks. smile

RedRobin1 Thu 29-Aug-13 16:14:25

27 weeks alex wow time does fly in second trimester smile envious of your neat bump too... not sure what my shape would be like - it looks pretty neat so far. I have not yet managed to get up to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am stuffing myself silly with food these days - love having hunger pangs and pigging out with pregnancy as an excuse!

little so pleased to hear Oisin is doing well. I love the name by the way! Hope you soon get more nights of sleep smile

I have been on an online shopping spree. All those lists I made - I finally decided to buy some of the boring but essential items like nappy rash creams, bottles, steriliser, flannels etc. We haven't bought anything yet and felt so surreal to buy things for baby...counting down the months till I can start using them!

Btw does anyone have any recommendations for nice soft material swaddling blankets? And are sleeping bags a gimmick or worth having one?

thingy - ah sure enjoy the weight gain, between the sickness & heartburn i was really off my food this pg and it was disappointing!

red - I bought a fleecey swaddle thing out of tk maxx for £6, make is Summer. Didnt really use it at all with DS1 but DS2 seems to like it more and it washes well. I do like baby sleeping bags but ones from ikea do the job just as well as the pricier ones wink Online spree sounds fun!!

BelissimaLol Fri 30-Aug-13 05:50:30

Red might be worth you waiting before you spend any money on swaddle stuff- try it with a normal blanket first? Lara hates having her hands under the blanket and will not stay until she has freed herself so it would have been a waste of money for me!

Alexandra6 Fri 30-Aug-13 07:31:09

I would wait and see too, my friend is using them and her baby likes his, plus it helps him sleep and not move around too much/keep himself awake/scratch himself. She's going to give me her one of these, I know it won't be summer but I think in a warm-ish house this will be fine for winter, don't want baby overheating: www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Swaddle-Pod-Ivory/sim/B003FUZF98/2

Shopping is fun, let me know what else you get! We're not going crazy though as want to save money for mat leave so only getting baby essentials really, then going to order online if we end up needing extras.

thingy I think it's fine to listen to your body and put on some pounds in pregnancy though especially if you're planning to breastfeed as doesn't that help you lose the weight?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 30-Aug-13 10:34:08

We tried the summer swaddle wrap with dd but she escaped too, like a newborn Houdini.

I agree with little baby sleeping bags are great, the ikea ones are just as good as the more ridiculously expensive ones. I'm planning on putting dd back in a toddler sleeping bag till she is at least 3. She wriggles too much to stay under a blanket.

RedRobin1 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:53:53

Thanks guys the swaddle summer bundle looks so cute! We have just bought the basic essentials so far - getting most of baby clothes and baby items given to us by generous family and friends who have recently had babies. So thankfully won't be spending much smile

How are you doing kitten ?

Alexandra6 Fri 30-Aug-13 21:11:16

Yeah how's it going kitten?

Wow the baby really feels funny when it gets bigger doesn't it! It's wriggling around and sometimes it's the strangest feeling when it does a big movement, almost made me feel nauseous just now for some reason! Still lovely though smile

Ah little I loved your message, I could hear your Irish accent in the way you'd written it, abit like Marion Keyes lol
Red- yes definatly for sleeping bags, they are brilliant, I wouldn't be without one! I've never bothered with swaddling, me tried to swaddle dd2 when I was in hospital and she was having non of it!
Alex, ah I miss those lovely movements, savour it!
Dd2 15wks on Sunday shock and dd1 is 2 tomorrow!! My little babies are all grown up sob

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 31-Aug-13 20:36:26

Hi kitty how are you finding a toddler and a baby to look after. Dd appears to have gone into full toddler meltdown mode. She can be lovely and so sweet but she can also be a bloody nightmare.

I just wish she would play on her own a bit, so far it's endless

"Mummy play with me"
"Sit down on the floor next to me"
"Talk about the wedding / nursery / holiday / nana"

It is none stop, I have no idea how I am going to manage a newborn and a toddler.

This thread is not accepting new messages.