Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

Alexandra6 Fri 07-Jun-13 17:06:04

Thanks mrsbri - naughty baby B! I am 15 wks and thought I felt a kick this morning so we got excited but it kind of hurt like a sharp twang so I'm thinking maybe it was just wind?! blush grin

MrsBri Fri 07-Jun-13 17:29:25

No, I had a kick about then, Baby B took offence to my jeans as they were getting a bit too tight by then!

Great feeling, isn't it? :-)

Alexandra6 Fri 07-Jun-13 17:47:23

Oh do you think it was a kick?! So exciting! I'm not 100% convinced as it did feel a bit painful - are the kicks painful at this stage?

Stupidly I've just been stressing about work and savings. Please tell me to get a grip and focus on the most important thing which is that I'm ok, DH is ok and baby is (hopefully!) ok!

MrsBri Fri 07-Jun-13 18:30:17

Mine felt like an elastic band twanging against my insides.

And pregnancy just makes you worry. It is normal, but please try not to. Xx

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 07-Jun-13 19:45:48

alex it could easily be a kick (it does feel a bit like wind till they get bigger).

mrsbri sorry baby b is causing you pain, late pregnancy is no fun.

My work are pressuring me for my mat form too, I haven't received the bloody thing yet, I can't just pull it out if my arse, and I have told them when I plan to start mat leave. Useless bastards still haven't done a risk assessment yet

When do you get the mat form through?

Re the name Aurelia. Every woman I have suggested the name to loves it but the blokes aren't so keen.

MrsBri Fri 07-Jun-13 19:57:12

I was given my MATB1 after my 20 week scan, though it would still be on time if you got it at your 24 week midwife appt.

Your employer has to be given it by 25 weeks' pregnant.

Employers who harass pregnant staff annoy me.

I discovered today that my employer forgot to start my maternity pay this week (it should have started on 4th June, and I get paid on 6th - yes, odd date - so should've had 2 days' mat pay this time, but didn't. When I queried it with work they said it was an admin error and gave me an extra 2 days' annual leave for free. Bonus! It means my mat pay starts bang on 38 weeks, which isn't so bad.

RedRobin1 Fri 07-Jun-13 20:30:41

Mine are pressuring me to initiate HR convos and agree maternity leave dates etc and I haven't even crossed the first trimester!

I don't want to talk to HR till after the 12w scan but they keep pushing me every week and I have just been fobbing them off.

MrsBri Fri 07-Jun-13 20:36:28

What is wrong with all these companies?! Especially when it's HR departments doing it.

Tell them you'll inform them of your dates when you submit your MATB1, as you are obligated to do. Ask them, in the meantime, to advise what their policy is with regard to annual leave prior to / accruing during mat leave is, so you know whether you should be taking it all before you finish.

MrsBri Fri 07-Jun-13 20:38:51

Refer them to this from ACAS. Hopefully they will back off:

m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1753

Gosh we've got a fast moving second thread! I did try and post yesterday but it appears to have dissapeared! hmm
When you have made me laugh, there's alot of ass talk lol, I was lucky one of the women people hate last time and got no bad side effects the whole pregnancy and as dd1 came 3 wks early stayed small and avoided stretch marks piles etc, got bloody piles this time though and Sod's law wouldn't you know just after 37wks about a wk before dd2 came confused
Interesting to know that was a straightforward op though should they not improve naturally
Red- I did nhs too, I found that the info was ok about as good as I'd expect nct and to be honest I don't think much can prepare you as you don't know how your labour will be until it happens, nct is more about making friends from what I've gathered but I made a really great friend on my nhs one aswell so I don't see the benifit in paying hundreds of pounds more!
Alex great news uti has cleared and hope your cervix scan goes well
Wee great news you must be so chuffed with scan and can't wait for your news Monday when!
Thingy I've seen a hb at a 6wk scan but obviously the later you leave it the more you see ( that was the smallest blob) whereas I've had a 9wk and 10wk one and the difference in just 1wk was amazing!
Mrs b I had the zingers or lightning crotch too, you have my sympathy, hope baby b comes soon, I love how you always refer to it as him, how surprised will you be if a little girl does pop out? grin
Dd2 was a nitemare last night after lulling me into a false pretence of one easy feed in the night the night before, I was up from 2:30-5:30 confusedhmm
I'm in bed now!!!

MrsBri Fri 07-Jun-13 21:43:31

We've said we will be surprised but not upset if Baby B is a girl! :-)

I was lucky enough to get lightning arse this evening as baby changed position. Ouch.

Really bad BH too. Just wish he'd come now. We really want to meet him!

Thingymajigs Sat 08-Jun-13 07:34:57

Aww that does sound uncomfortable mrsbri. Hopefully it won't be long now. Come out baby Bri!
alex, I'm pretty sure the first kicks I felt were a fluttering sensation. Easy to mistake for bubbles of gas moving about in your abdomen. I don't think mine hurt as such until 24ish weeks. I bet it won't be long until you know that you've felt them. smile
Lots of sympathy for everyone dealing with difficult employers. I always found it annoying how men just never face the same risks to their careers as women do. I'm only a volunteer just gaining work experience so I'll be fortunate enough to avoid all these issues this time but I'm sure they still won't be happy especially as one was lining me up for a paid placement soon.
I just stepped on the scales to see how fat I was getting but I've lost 2 lbs. hmm So I think I need to up my calorie intake now. biscuit I'm sure its not a big deal as lots of women lose weight due to morning sickness anyway. I won't tell DP because he'd spend the weekend making me endless meals and snacks.

BelissimaLol Sun 09-Jun-13 22:43:33

Hi girls I wonder if you remember me? grin
Can't remember the last time I posted as MN got a bit much for me and I felt I had to get on with my pregnancy in RL lol.
Anyway I had a quick look and am delighted to see red and when on this side, plus a few newbies! And nic is ready to pop! How exciting gringrin
I'm 32 weeks now, 33 on Tuesday and currently feeling the size of a house. Trying to stay at work as late as I can but its becoming increasingly difficult.
I'm expecting a baby girl and I'm I've the moon! Nearly finished decorating nursery (won't go into details of builder nightmare but its taken 3.5 weeks so farangry) and started washing clothes etc. All very exciting and scary!!!!
Hope u are all well and pgs progressing without much stress (ha! As if!)
Lol smile

MrsBri Sun 09-Jun-13 23:04:20

Ooh, Lol, hello!

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are as I'd not seen you about. So glad you popped back to say hi :-)

I'm glad you're doing well. And at least the nursery is almost done. And lovely to be having a little girl too.

I start annual leave at 33+1 and my mat leave started at 38 weeks. I should be nicely relaxed by the time baby comes. Anytime now please, baby!

You'd best pop back to keep us updated from now on!

Kittenkatzen Mon 10-Jun-13 07:18:50

Morning lovely ladies!! Just been catching up with all your news after a busy weekend. mrsbri sorry but I did have a little giggle about your employer/mat leave rage in behalf of everyone else grin You're absolutely right though, I understand they want to make arrangements but the harassment is awful.

<waves> at lol fab to see you, glad all going well with you little pink bump!

Hi lol is it really that long ago that you now 33wks < shakes head in disbelief> it's amazing, thanks for updating us its good to hear your doing well, little girls are lovely smile
And a certain someone gets to find out their flavour today aswell! Good luck when, hope little when is thriving and gives you a good flash x

MrsBri Mon 10-Jun-13 10:00:26

I know, kitty, I couldn't believe that Lol is that far gone either!

And can't wait to hear back from When today. Very excited for her :-)

MW for me today as she wants to monitor my itching, though my bloods were clear last week.

Not that I want anything wrong, but it would be nice to have some minor monitoring which led to baby arriving!

38+4 and so impatient!

robin - i have looked a lot glowier this pg than I did with DS but not until after I got out of first trimester if doom. Actually prob not until i stoppedbthrowung up at 16 weeks lol Love the name Lara, my DS is Dara!

lol - hello lady! I've been a slightly rubbish infrequent poster too, pregnancy, work, getting house sorted, runnung round after / toilet training a toddler & catching up with friends whilr I still had any enetgy left at all (its gone now!!) seemed to take up a lot of time! Good to hear from you again, we're almost due date buddies!! I have nursery done (well in fairness i didnt have to do much except clear it out & reassemble cot cos we just moved DS into a new room a couple of months ago and this is another boy in the way!), clothes washed & hospital bag packing is underway!

when - any news? Pink or blue? Hope little un is healthy & well, and you too of course!

mrsbri - agh, 38+4! No wonder you ate feeling so itchy, this heat must be a nightmare for you. I prescrube a nice cool bath & a boxset of some stupid tv to help you pass the time while you wait for things to kick off smile

thingy - i lost weight in both pgs cos of bad sickness but i seemed to pile it on in last 6 weeks lol not fair! Im sure this time will be the same and also DS ended up 8lb8oz so as long as its only a coupld of lbs you have lost try not to worry. A few biscuits def wont hurt tho!!

alex - I didnt feel either DS or this one properly kick and move til after 20 weeks, occasional flutter before that but nothing i cd be sure of. I was a postgrad student when I was pg with DS and it was hard to balance studying, taking leave, being a SAHM and getting thesis submitted when DS was only 4 months old but somehow it all worked out. DH was working vut i was only on a student grant and i didnt get a job til DS was nearly 11 months and I've only been part time since then so money is always a bit tight for us but the place I work is really fantastic and supportive about letting me work round family commitments or needing to take time off if DS was sick or at the start of this pg when I was so ill. I think part time hours and a more flexible, family friendly work environment are hugely important when you have young children so even tho we have no savings and occasional money stress i def wouldnt swap it. But thats just been my experience! Hope your work start being more considerate and dont put you under any more pressure.

Phew! Marathon post! But i think thats probably me more or less caught up after the weekend - sorry if I've missed anyone! X

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 10-Jun-13 13:04:23

Hi all, scan is not till 4pm. I am kicking myself for not booking a morning app instead (I'm so impatient).

Thingymajigs Mon 10-Jun-13 14:38:01

Just a quick post to say hope the scan goes well when. I booked mine for the earliest time possible so I wouldn't have to stress all day. Hope it goes quickly for you.
P.S has anyone had issues with hot flashes? I had to tell my boss today because I'd gone beetroot and dizzy.

thingy - no hot flashes but did get some nasty night sweats at the start when hormones were just flying around! At the min I am sleeping in just a t shirt / nightie type thing, no blankets, window open, fan on ha ha! Preview of menopause wink

Nearly 4pm now when!

Kittenkatzen Mon 10-Jun-13 17:04:40

Not really hot flashes but I did nearly pass out in hot places early on, and I seem to have inbuilt central heating these days!

Hope the scan went well when! grin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 10-Jun-13 17:37:05

Sorry for the late update. All is well with baby. It's a boy! shock

He was a nightmare for the sonographer to scan. In completely the wrong position and everytime he moved he made it even worse.

MrsBri Mon 10-Jun-13 18:00:42

Yay, When! :-) How exciting. And fantastic that all is well too.

Is your DH happy?

I have night sweats and have done all the way through. They're worse in this lovely weather though. Boo! I am also generally warmer too.

I had the midwife today. Still 3/5 engaged, and we've confirmed that it is the head not the arse engaging! Baby B is in such an awkward position it was hard to find out what he was up to in there!

Back at the midwife next week, then it'll be sweeps / induction thereafter. Eek!

BelissimaLol Mon 10-Jun-13 18:12:50

Thanks for the welcome back ladies. It's like I've never been away! grin
Little miss when are you due? I'm due 30th July.
Kitten I know time is finally going quick!! It's funny cause when we were trying it felt like nic got her bfp aaaaaaages before me but now it doesn't seem that far! What are you having and when are you due?
Nic I could go early too as I have 7 weeks holiday to take however they allow me to take that at the end of mat leave which means more Rome with baby and on full time wage! So I will try to hold on as much as I can.
I had no morning sickness whatsoever so have been lucky! But am now dying with heartburn. Really annoying! Only thing that's helping me is lemon ice cream which is not good for my sugars but hey ho.
Nic you must be beyond impatient now. I'm already feeling like that now!
Maybe we could have a stats update so as we know who is where- I got completely confused nowhmm...

This thread is not accepting new messages.