Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true - Thread Two!

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:05

Thought I may as well start this given I'll be around for another (hopefully) 14ish weeks smile Hope I've not crossed posts with anyone!

Thingymajigs Fri 05-Jul-13 17:19:40

Aww that's so sweet. smile Glad it went well. Did they date you about the same as you thought?

RedRobin1 Sat 06-Jul-13 13:39:36

They dated me even earlier...so due date is now 7th Jan.

MrsBri Sat 06-Jul-13 19:55:11

It's an amazing feeling, isn't it Red? There's nothing else on earth that can make you as excited and utterly petrified at once! :-)

RedRobin1 Sat 06-Jul-13 20:41:39

It is amazing nic still can't believe it the little baby is inside me and moving around. I could just sit and stare it all day if I had an ultrasound machine at home...lol I can't wait till 20w to see it again!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 06-Jul-13 21:47:24

red that sounds fantastic. It is amazing seeing them moving, you can't feel a thing but they are in there kicking away, it's so lovely.

RedRobin1 Sun 07-Jul-13 21:01:07

Is anyone else melting in this heat? Summer and heat waves are over rated! I am glad I will be heavily pregnant over winter. The heat isn't helping the nausea and sickness though. I am actually praying for rain to cool it all down wink

lol how are you doing? How many weeks are you now?

thingy how are your symptoms? Did you get a date for your 12w scan?

BelissimaLol Sun 07-Jul-13 21:53:27

Hi girls
Yes I am absolutely melting -- and I was born in one of the hottest countries in the world-- so I think it's the hormones!
Red ill be 37 on tue so I'm well excited now!
Great news on scan. It really is amazing!
How was everyone's weekend?
I had ante natal class followed by the most amazing baby shower. My friends spoiled me like I did not guess they ever would! Got a travel cot from my amazing best friend, a baby gym which I already have, door bouncer and so so many clothes its unreal!
Feel very blessed and happy today grin

Kittenkatzen Mon 08-Jul-13 07:26:13

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had lovely weekends in the sunshine? We went to the Cotswolds for what will most likely be our last child free break!

Good to have you back fatas - you just don't look like an adsum to me grin

red sorry to hear you've been so poorly, it sounds beyond crap. Hope the meds are working for you now though.

thingy I'm the same as lol and haven't puked once (famous last words...!) I worried loads too but hopefully you'll feel better after your scan and then come and join us in the "thanking our lucky stars to escape ms" corner!

Awww lol your baby shower sounds lovely, hope you had fun getting spoiled rotten!

fatasbutter Mon 08-Jul-13 11:02:14

Lol @ kitten - so I do look fatas then?!! winkgrin

Alexandra6 Mon 08-Jul-13 11:09:07

Hello all, I'm back from my hols now so back online. Had a lovely, lovely time in Spain - totally relaxed and chilled, went swimming, enjoyed meals now my aversions have really calmed down. Was so good for me to be off dr google! My only slight stress is I've had sharp pains in my right side coming and going since sat night, am hoping it's round ligament pain even though it's not related to movement - has anyone else had this? Have my 20 week scan tomorrow so will mention it then, excited about the scan.

Been scanning the thread for news, slight overload for my baby brain but nic congrats on baby Amy! We're considering that name too as one of our choices! Happy for those with the good early scans and lol your baby shower sounded great too. Will try and catch up on other news!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 08-Jul-13 13:35:15

lol baby shower sounds fantastic. Glad they spoilt you.

red I'm melting too. I don't do heat at the best of times and I just feel awful in this weather. If I'm on my feet too long I get hideous water retention and my ankles feel like lead weights.

kitten very envy about the Cotswolds, it's so pretty there.

alex glad you are feeling nice and chilled out, sorry about the pains, it's most likely round ligament pain.

Alexandra6 Mon 08-Jul-13 13:40:45

Thanks when how are you doing? You must be getting proper kicks now, you're 23/24 weeks right? I loved feeling some little movements on holiday!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 08-Jul-13 13:52:42

Hi alex not doing too bad thanks. I'm 24 weeks, times going slow though. Been getting proper kicks for a week or two now. He's strong enough no to make the bump move, espec in the bath.

Really fed up at work, it always goes dead over the summer. Last year I took the whole of August off and it was bliss. I am working all through July and August. My work diary is empty which is very depressing, still 16 weeks will come round quicker than you think.

Thingymajigs Mon 08-Jul-13 14:48:47

lol, thats so sweet for your friends to throw you a shower. I hope it catches on more in the UK.
red, I haven't got a scan date yet. They request one at the 9 week mw appointment here so it takes a while to come through but hopefully by end of July. Have you felt any flutterings yet?
I am suitably jealous of your holidays to Spain and the Cotswalds kitten and alex. Hope you had a great time. Ours is next month in Cornwall with the kids and a weekend for just DP and I in Wales for our last childfree holiday.
when, I always think theres too big a gap between the 20 week scan to the birth. It just seems to drag.
I could win an award for the fastest appearing bump. blush 9+3 and my boss keeps mentioning my tummy. There's no way to take that inoffensively. I just hope it calms down or I'll look ridiculous by my third trimester.

RedRobin1 Mon 08-Jul-13 15:55:45

So envious envy of everyone planning holidays. DH and I will have a weekend away before December as our last child free holiday.

I got really excited yesterday and started making lists like a crazy pregnant woman..but I proudly admire my lists now which are split into baby things, newborn stuff, things that I will need and all that nesting sort of stuff.

DH and I will go pram browsing one weekend too. Can I ask what week in your pregnancy did you start buying stuff? At 14weeks is it too early to be shopping for a pram?

when must lovely to be feeling the kicks and strong ones too.

thingy no flutterings yet. And I had a round tummy at 9 weeks too but more from the bloating than anything. Blimey! You are 9w already? Times gone fast.

Kittenkatzen Mon 08-Jul-13 18:46:19

Argh blush sorry fatas that's not what I meant!! <removes foot from gob>

when boredom is so frustrating isn't it?! And I guess there's only so much shopping for cute baby stuff a girl can do...hope it picks up for you at some point soon

thingy shock at your boss - have you told work already or is it just rudeness?!

red we bought our pushchair, car seat and Moses basket at, erm, 7wks! In our defence it was the January sales and the hormones/excitement latched on to the bargain hunters in us and I just kind of happened!

I've also caught the list writing bug - I have lists of "things still to get", "things to go in labour bag", "things to go in post labour bag", "things to go in baby's bag" and "things already bought". That last one includes details of all the baby clothes sorted by type (sleepsuit, vest, short sleeve etc.), size and how many of each we have.

I think I need to get out more blush

Thingymajigs Mon 08-Jul-13 19:04:54

Oh I told her early on because I had dizzy spells and she had me doing all the heavy lifting. Such a strange thing to say though. I've become very self conscious now. I'm a healthy bmi and can't eat much atm due to bloating but my tummy keeps expanding. confused

Lol at looking like a fatas grin I know what she means though lol
Alex glad to hear you had a great Holliday and your 20wk scan is tomorrow!! How exciting, did you have your second opinion scan before you went away for your cervix or did you leave it?
Red I think I shoped from the beginning in the sence of looking but waited till I paid and ordered till around 20wks but if you see a good bargin that's a different matter
I'm enjoying the weather in the day as lots of playing In the garden but nights are never nice in the heat are they, I'm always a snuggle up under the douvet kind of girl!
Kitten very envy of holl's, I'm never going to get another child free till I'm old sad

Alexandra6 Mon 08-Jul-13 21:18:11

I did kitty, and he said it looked near enough normal on that scan!! Feeling excited about tomorrow, and just a teensy bit nervous. How are you doing? Can't believe I've just had my last child free holiday - we got lots of sleep while we can, loved the dark shutters in the villa!

red I'm 20 weeks and have only bought a cute stuffed monkey toy so far, not very practical! I'm planning to do all my shopping at around 28/30 weeks but lots of people start earlier.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 08-Jul-13 21:23:35

I don't think I will be doing any shopping. My cousin has just lent me two enormous bags of baby clothes (for a boy, we have loads of girl stuff).

The alarming thing is that's just the 3 to 6 month stuff. I'm not kidding its enough even if I were having triplets. Lord only knows where I'm going to store it all till the nursery is finished.

When I have enough 3-6 month stuff to dress a whole grade at nursery confused it's really an unnatural amount to have acumalated!
Alex glad the second opinion tallied with the first, it's always worth checking it out for peace of mind

BelissimaLol Mon 08-Jul-13 22:37:35

How exciting Alex to have your scan! Will you find out the sex?
I was also given an absolute huge amount of stuff from mainly two friends who have little girls. Think my baby has more dresses than all of us put together!
Think I started buying at around 22 weeks and have not stopped ever since!
Today I've been off work so spent whole day nesting tidying up and sorting out baby gros and hospital bag. I must have about 20 newborn and 30 0-3 months!!! But not as many on bigger sizes.
Quick and silly question! At what age do babies notice bath toys! I've been given a huge bagful and need to decide whether to put it away in loft or not!

Kittenkatzen Tue 09-Jul-13 07:43:55

Can I ask you ladies for some name opinions please? Thought I'd test it out somewhere friendly rather than throw myself on the flames of the baby names board!!

So DH and I have agreed on a girls name, which we're keeping to ourselves as we don't want to be put off it....boys names,however, have been SO much harder! We have decided on Thomas as a middle name (family name)...but do you think we could use Marcus with it? Or is Marcus Thomas too rhymey?

We're nowhere near set on Marcus so I won't be offended by anyone saying don't do it - it's just the best we've managed to agree on so far!

Meanwhile I'm still trying to talk DH round to Milo, which I love, but he's not keen...

Kittenkatzen Tue 09-Jul-13 07:45:14

Oh, forgot to say good luck for your scan today alex, can't believe you're 20wks already!! smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 09-Jul-13 07:59:42

I like Marcus Thomas, wouldn't say it's too rhymey seriously considering pinching Marcus off you

This thread is not accepting new messages.