Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 - Thread 4 - Heading towards our Second Glowing Trimester...... Roll on 12 week scans, gorgeous bumps and baby buys...

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Sat 01-Jun-13 08:06:34

My god ladies we can talk! Thread 4 of 6000 at this rate. grin

Sleepthief Mon 17-Jun-13 18:11:51

Been lurking since the beginning, as waiting for scans to jump in.

I just want to say, though, that with DS3 I had light bleeding and was dated a week earlier than my LMP, meaning I must have got a very early BFP hmm. I was so sure I was miscarrying.

Anyway, the upshot is that the scan dates remained the same throughout the pregnancy and he's now 2.4 yrs and bouncing happily on the trampoline with DS2.

So, it's not necessarily bad news. Best of luck x

Sleepthief Mon 17-Jun-13 18:13:09

Sorry, meant to say *than my LMP suggested

MrsGSR Mon 17-Jun-13 18:34:20

Welcome and congratulations!

LittlePeaPod Mon 17-Jun-13 18:44:44

Hi ladies,

Just catching up since this morning.

Farmer my note wasn't intended to upset you and please don't feel bad there is no need. It's good to have the debate and then everyone is comfortable with what to do going forward. I agree with the idea that we should allow those that go through the pain of a mc to remove themselves if this is right for them and for those not ready or who don't want to we leave them on and place some flowers next to their name. My note wasn't aimed at your post. I can't help myself and I tend to say what I am thinking. Big believer in debate/discussion.

Chocco its awful to still feel so ill. How many weeks are you now?

Penny good luck for your scan tomorrow. I am very jealous that you and Sultanajo are 12 weeks.. smile

Nature hope your scan went well today. How exciting..

MrsGSR fantastic news about your scan. It's great to see them wiggling about grin

MrsV my thoughts are with you. Is awful to worry like that and if I was in your position I would want the scan.

Congratulations to all the new ladies with gorgeous BFPs flowers

Well I was up all night feeling really ill. Then had to be out early as I had an internal staff engagement meeting. And I came away thinking "sometimes I don't know why we bother because some teams will always have a good old moan even when they get pay rises, bonuses and access to learning/development (up to degree level) all paid for by the business". Sorry for the rant! Normally very patient, maybe it's lack of sleep, illness and lack of food that's making me a miserable so and so today!

Link To Thread 5. See Chocco, as promised waited till after 950 comments grin

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1782103-January-2014-thread-5-getting-excited-as-we-all-start-getting-12-week-scans-and-move-into-our-second-trimester

Bluecarrot Mon 17-Jun-13 18:52:01

Mrs V - thinking of you. I hope they will scan you! Wishing you mrs gsrs good luck!

Had my 12 week scan today ( at what I think is 11 weeks). We arrived at 1 and only left at 5! A lot of waiting around bit worth it to see baby chilling out, hands behind its head!

Turns out that home birth is out because I'm VBAC and live too far from hospital. Water birth should be possible though smile plus she said since I need to come in in early labour ill hopefully get one of the new suites!

TobyLerone Mon 17-Jun-13 19:01:48

MrsV, I'm sorry you're worried. FWIW, I measure 4 or 5 days later than my LMP would put me, because I know I ovulated late. It's possible you did too, which would explain it. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

Congrats on your scan, Blue smile Good news on the water birth. I'd love one!

MrsGSR Mon 17-Jun-13 19:02:39

Sounds very cute blue!

Been saying 'her' for the last few weeks but since the scan I keep saying 'him', no idea why!

Naturegirl82 Mon 17-Jun-13 19:09:12

Congratulations on the scans bluecarrot and mrsgsr.

Welcome to everyone new.

My scan went well. I've been so worried about it and I'm so glad to have had it now. All looked good. Very wriggly little bean with a good heartbeat. Not 12 weeks yet as I suspected and my dates were correct so dated at 9 + 1 (I thought 9 + 2 at the most so pleased I was right). Have my 12 and 20 week scans booked in all ready so at least I have dates for the diary. smile

extracrunchy Mon 17-Jun-13 19:11:09

Welcome Sleep, Quacko and Reach!

MrsV, Penny and 4athome - thinking of you tomorrow and fingers crossed all will be well.

MrsG - congrats! grin

Nature - how did the scan go??

Sorry I've been rubbish and not posting much, just really tired and don't seem to get any time to catch up!

extracrunchy Mon 17-Jun-13 19:15:22

Sorry - cross posted! Lovely news re the scans! Well done grin

I'm 12+2 today and got to wait till next Wednesday for scan (13+4). It's really dragging!!

Naturegirl82 Mon 17-Jun-13 19:15:57

I've added my stats in a box on the stats thread. Would someone mind putting them in for me please as I can't copy on my phone. Thank you smile

Naturegirl82 Mon 17-Jun-13 19:17:37

Thanks extracrunchy. I feel so much happier now I've seen the bean. Had all sorts of thoughts going through my head. I can just enjoy it now as I've been lucky to just be tired.

sarahleanne Mon 17-Jun-13 19:19:09

Mrsgsr- I have a scan tomorrow and think I am 9+2. Did u have an internal scan or external one? Xx

Naturegirl82 Mon 17-Jun-13 19:25:18

sarahleanne my scan today was an external one and dated at 9 + 1 if that's any help.

MrsGSR Mon 17-Jun-13 19:28:17

Mine was external too. I had one at 7 weeks that was external, and the one at 6 weeks they tried externally first before doing an internal.

Had to have a full bladder which is not very comfortable!

sarahleanne Mon 17-Jun-13 19:32:20

Thankyou nature girl and mrsg, I was a bit nervous they were going to do an external and not see anything and then I'd be all panicked .

sarahleanne Mon 17-Jun-13 19:33:16

Oh and did u see what looks like a baby or is it more of a blob?

MrsVDB Mon 17-Jun-13 19:33:38

mrsgsr I thought I was 7+4 and they dated me 6+4. I'm pretty sure about dates as was charting. I'm hoping dates are wrong but 6+4 is when my symptoms stopped And still haven't come back. Seems too much of a coincidence. Dh thinks its small because I'm short (bless him!)

MrsGSR Mon 17-Jun-13 19:38:14

MrsV I should have been about 7 abs was dated 6+4. fx is just a measuring error. I hope you get a scan tomorrow.

It was a bit of a bean shaped blob but had little arm and leg buds that moved smile

sarahleanne Mon 17-Jun-13 19:41:14

Aww cute I can't wait now haha

LittlePeaPod Mon 17-Jun-13 20:15:33

MrsV so sorry you're worried, I can't imagine how you feel. I hope you can take it easy tonight, and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

I managed almost all my dinner! Had fresh pasta with cherry tomato and ricotta sauce, and I actually wanted to eat it! Maybe the evening lack of appetite is waning. Morning nausea was as bad today, but in a perverse way it's reassuring.

Three more messages to fill thread...

farmersdaughter Mon 17-Jun-13 20:42:55

Wow wow thread 5 already!

Need to catch up, but I'll be back.

Xx

chocoloulou33 Mon 17-Jun-13 20:45:00

Well done pod u have done well waiting so long smile nearlllly full up now x

chocoloulou33 Mon 17-Jun-13 20:46:08

I'm getting in there again to fill up the thread hahahahahaha FULL grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.