Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 - Thread 4 - Heading towards our Second Glowing Trimester...... Roll on 12 week scans, gorgeous bumps and baby buys...

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Sat 01-Jun-13 08:06:34

My god ladies we can talk! Thread 4 of 6000 at this rate. grin

Hekkie Sun 02-Jun-13 18:37:33

Hello,

9+4 here with my first. Feeling pretty good except for slight food aversion (mainly sweet things), tiredness and sore boobs. No sickness yet.

Feeling a bit weepy / sad this afternoon. Only our parents, my sister and my best friend know we are expecting. However, today I was congratulated in front of friends by my best friends business partner. I kinda did a weird look/shake of head and she swiftly changed the subject but I just know at least one person twigged. I feel like I now have to tell this friend as she's a very close friend, but DH really wants to keep it quiet until we have the 12 week scan. I also want to keep quiet too...

I also feel a little sad that my bestie revealed our secret - even to someone so far removed from the group. I guess she didn't think we'd all see each other so soon. I'm really confused what to do. If I tell the friend that overheard, my DH will be really cross. There's also a risk she doesn't keep quiet and our news becomes common knowledge. Do I just ignore today's blunder and carry on as usual?

Sorry, a much longer post than planned.

Ps I don't dare tell DH about the premature congratulations. He only wanted parents to know for this very reason.

Madratlady Sun 02-Jun-13 18:44:08

Having much less symptoms today, no real nausea, nipples not hurting. Still super emotional but now I'm worrying that I don't have the nausea or sore nipples today.

This pregnancy thing is stressful!

carrotcakecupcake Sun 02-Jun-13 20:24:01

Checking in; very excited as had voicemail from midwife today to schedule my booking appt! Finally starting to feel more real (and I'm not just getting fat from eating too many cakes...) smile

Mythreeknights Sun 02-Jun-13 20:26:20

OMG I disappear on holiday for one week and you guys notch up a 4th thread! Good on you chatterboxes. I just wanted to log my place as otherwise it'll be thread 5 before I know it, and say hi to all, esp Blue who sounds amazing and v strong. Is anyone else feeling basically completely floored? Too tired to move most afternoons, zero energy. Not much fun and I don't remember pg1 and 2 being like this. But hats off to those of you doing DIY / moving house / being active! Your posts make me feel better smile I'm 7 weeks now and with the appetite of a wolfhound, but still fitting into my normal clothes just for now....those stretchy bump band things look quite appealing...noooo, too soon!

MrsAVB Sun 02-Jun-13 21:50:33

Marking place... (There's still 65 posts to fill on Fred 3!) xxx

TarkaTheOtter Sun 02-Jun-13 22:03:00

Hi Everyone - nice shiny new thread!
I have my booking in appt tomorrow. Trying to find my notes from last pregnancy as I'm sure she'll ask me stuff and I've blocked it all out.
Hope everyone has had a nice weekend in the sun.

Frizz1986 Sun 02-Jun-13 22:48:28

Omg just done the most epic catch up of all time!

Congrats to the scans that went well its lovely to see that everything is moving along nicely, it seems to help make time feel faster for me.

Am back from my Beijing honeymoon and can eat (kind of). Feeling sick most of the time now but no vomming still so at least that is something. Travelling has really taken it out of me tho!
Beijing are 7 hours ahead and after only sleeping for 4 hours before our flight home, being awake for the whole 10 hour flight and then only having a 2 hour nap before bed and the 3 1/2 hr drive home today (thank god dh drove and i had a 45 min nap) i have napped for about 3 hours today but am dreading going back to work tomorrow sad

Def craving more savoury foods atm. Have no idea what that indicates but both me and dh are adamant we will have a boy as it seems to run in his family. We wont be finding out tho as want a surprise.

Have been lacking a lot of other symptoms other than sickness. Boobs are still fairly sore but think i am imagining them getting a bit bigger. I am one of those women who doesn't have a properly fitted bra so its hard to tell whether anything is growing lol.

Have my booking app on Friday smile at which point I will be 9 weeks. Still waiting to hear about my scan (was hoping i would have had something when i got home) Not sure when I should hear something which is frustrating. I really wish they didnt just tell you when the apps would be week wise, but also when you should find out about them.

Epic post after what feels like forever away and i def need to sleep now ready for my early morning tomorrow!

Hope people manage to find ways to control the nausea and sickness and that everyone waiting for scans soon get to see the beans bouncing around!

MrsVDB Sun 02-Jun-13 23:41:55

Just marking my place...

BuntCadger Sun 02-Jun-13 23:56:38

Hi again, fell off first thread and only just found my way back smile

Also feeling very sicky and having some cramps at times. Got booking appt Friday when ill be 10 weeks. Ill be under consultant led care again but hopefully be straight forward. This will be our 4th child, and based on last period of 27 march, edd is early jan.

My other 3 are ds1 13y, ds2 5y and dd1 1y

TobyLerone Mon 03-Jun-13 08:31:21

Bra fitting advice for those who want it. I've gone from wearing an awful, badly-fitting 38D to a really supportive 34F. It does feel a bit tight around the band, but I can already feel that my shoulders feel less like they're bearing all the weight, so the tight-ish band is obviously helping the weight to be distributed across my back.
Plus my boobs look better and my clothes sit nicer.

Welcome back, Bunt smile

Glad you're back safely, Frizz. Hope you got a decent night's sleep.

Monday is my most hated day. I clean for an elderly lady every Monday morning, and then go to my Grandad's to change his bed and hoover/clean the bathroom/mop the floors. It knackers me! And the elderly lady, lovely as she is, will NOT STOP TALKING. I'm not one for small talk at the best of times and she yaps for the entire hour about her son-in-law's kidney stones, TOWIE, politics, her friend who is blind...etc etc.
I am aware that I am an evil, antisocial cow, but I try to nod and smile. All the time, in my head, I'm saying 'SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP'.

God, I'm horrible!

It's lovely and sunny, though. I know that'll be her opening line grin

bluecarrot Mon 03-Jun-13 09:27:38

humpty I went to dr for advice/meds as I was freaked by symptoms. And there began the embarrassing exposed feeling I remember so well from last pregnancy! Think I'll keep quiet about it re DP unless absolutely necessary.

enormouse I'm 17th June at the royal. 2 weeks from today. V excited.

frizz definitely get fitted for a bra now. You will need good support! For maternity you should buy one that fits well when on the tightest hooks so you can loosen it as your rib cage expands.

Sammieantha86 Mon 03-Jun-13 10:03:21

Hi All, can i join this thread! I had a BFP last week and from the due date predictor i will be due 15th Jan 2014 :D!! First Drs appointment tomorro, exciting times!! Congratulations to us all on our bundles of joy to be!!xx

hi all! Not sure if should be posting here or filling up the old one. Too confusing!

Back from holidays, and to celebrate, have started vomiting. Hurrah hmm

Agree above with the well fitting bra comments. I went from a 32B to a 28DD when I was properly fitted, and it makes such a massive difference. With my fairly small boobs, it's not so much about having lots of support, but it still felt a million times better!

Booking in tomorrow. Had to sheepishly ring the midwife this morning to find out where it will be, as I forgot to ask when I booked! Oops.

Hello to new people smile January is a busy, busy old month!

Frizz1986 Mon 03-Jun-13 10:51:48

So getting all excited for booking app on friday and have just gone to the loo at work and there is a pinky shade to my cm sad
I know it's probably nothing as so many people have already had it but have just had this feeling from the start that something might go wrong and just have this horrible feeling that this is the start. Trying not to freak myself out but as u all know that is easier said than done. Will keep monitoring thru the day and hope it doesn't turn heavier. Won't bother worrying dh yet.
Just wanted to post as i know u guys know how I feel right now.

Laura1408 Mon 03-Jun-13 12:18:59

So today is the day I am plucking up the courage to tell OH that I'm preggers. This was an unexpected pregnancy as I was on the pill, and last time I got paranoid that I could be I told OH and did a pregnancy test which was neg at time, and he said that now wasn't a great time, etc etc.
This was at the beginning of the year, and so now I'm crapping myself telling him that this time I'm NOT paranoid, and three pt have got BFP on them.
My two worries are that he will want me to abort, which is soo not happening, or that we will split up, which isn't great but I know I could do this on my own. Oh my other worry is he doesn't make me get an abortion, but resents me for all time for not getting one.
God this is gonna be hard.....
Any advice ladies? Or am I just being overaly paranoid about the whole thing?

TobyLerone Mon 03-Jun-13 13:12:29

So how did you get pregnant, Laura? Were you both using contraception? Because basically, if you're having sex, there's a chance you'll get pregnant. Your OH needs to man up and take his share of responsibility.

Of course, fingers crossed everything will be fine and he'll be thrilled smile

Laura1408 Mon 03-Jun-13 14:55:39

Thanks toby no one else knows but you girls here, so just need some hard talk from someone! (Slaps face and gets real) smile
I'm prob worried about nothing an he'll be fine, but I know he won't like it at first, but as you say it takes two to tango, and I did my part, it just obv went wrong somewhere, especially after last time I was super careful about taking it.... Oh well, I have a super nice lunch to make him - late I know but he's on hols this week - and just go 'so I have something to tell you' and see how it goes. I'm sure he'll be as shocked as me at first but then hopefully he will get excited like me smile
(Crosses fingers, toes and anything else that can be crossed)

TobyLerone Mon 03-Jun-13 15:17:39

He is just as responsible for contraception as you are. If he wanted to make sure you didn't get pregnant, he'd have worn a condom. So don't let him blame you.

Good luck!

Laura1408 Mon 03-Jun-13 15:23:10

Thanks, ill update when the deed is done and the storm questions have died down smile

Apparentlychilled Mon 03-Jun-13 15:29:24

Hi all, I'm kind of scared to check in here.... I got my bfp on friday (due on 28 jan), so I'm nearly 6 weeks pg, and going for an early scan tomorrow morning as I had an ectopic last October. DH is away w work, so I'm going by myself and every twinge is making me worried (even though I know it's all normal). Feeling v emotional today. Roll on tomorrow morning.

Apparentlychilled Mon 03-Jun-13 15:32:32

ps I kind of feel like I want to tell someone in RL (only DH knows), but I know it's too early, and I really don't want to deal w someone else's feelings if all is not right tomorrow. So maybe that's why I feel weird today.

TobyLerone Mon 03-Jun-13 15:49:55

Hi, Apparently, and good luck for tomorrow!

Hekkie Mon 03-Jun-13 18:59:37

Apparentlychilled - good luck for tomorrow.
My advice - only tell people in rl if you 100% trust them to keep quiet.
X

Apparentlychilled Mon 03-Jun-13 19:05:05

Yep, those who I could trust (friends) have enough on without me bothering them right now (when my scan is only 14 hours away) and my DM and DSisters can't be trusted.

Laura1408 Mon 03-Jun-13 19:29:17

OMG! That went massively better than expected! After a lovely lunch I told OH and as slightly shocked as he was he was happy! Even wanted to tell his mum straightaway....so all my paranoia was for nothing, and wish I'd told him sooner now.
Thanks toby for helping me, am soo relieved now, and super duper excited about being pregnant now I can share it with OH :D xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.