Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 - Thread 4 - Heading towards our Second Glowing Trimester...... Roll on 12 week scans, gorgeous bumps and baby buys...

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Sat 01-Jun-13 08:06:34

My god ladies we can talk! Thread 4 of 6000 at this rate. grin

lovesbakingcupcakes Sat 01-Jun-13 08:20:57

Checking in! Good luck with your scan today pod , enjoy seeing your little chickpea.

TobyLerone Sat 01-Jun-13 08:34:57

Thread 4 already shock

Sultanajo Sat 01-Jun-13 08:36:20

Marking my place. Imagine what number thread we will be on at the end????!!!!shock

Thanks for the thread pod

enormouse Sat 01-Jun-13 09:28:40

Making my mark on the spanking new thread. Good luck with the scan pod

I hope everyone has a great weekend. smile any nice plans for this sunny/ or not so sunny day?
I think we might go for a walk in our local forest and then for ice creams by the harbour. My DS wants to show his new trike off to granny and grandad.

lovelilies Sat 01-Jun-13 10:26:50

marking place smile

MrsGSR Sat 01-Jun-13 10:43:10

Just checking in smile it's nice and sunny here too but dh is on duty so we have to stay close to the car sad

Toothfairy78 Sat 01-Jun-13 10:49:53

Checking in! Thread 4 already? Time's flying!

rosalux Sat 01-Jun-13 13:19:56

Wow! Thread 4 already! No way I can catch up on everyone's news (by the time I finished the post the thread would have doubled in size) but very best of luck to all those with imminent scans and virtual holding-hair-away for those still all to familiar with the toilet bowl.

No vomiting for me (as yet), didn't get any at all last time, but I appear to have sprouted a food baby after last night's double yogurt coated banana chips escapade blush. That didn't make for a good's night sleep, nor did the student house party that only ended at 5am!!! It wasn't even on my street and I could still hear it. sigh.

Am really fighting the temptation to go out and buy some more sticks to pee on as 13 days seems such a long time for a scan. I may cave (on both fronts). Anyone who has had a 7wk scan, what could you see/hear? Should I just book one now (at 6+3) for next Thursday (7+1) or hold out an extra week? Aaargh!!! The second time around was supposed to be so much easier.

LittlePeaPod Sat 01-Jun-13 14:35:58

Rosalaux. I had my first scan at 6+4. If you have a look on my profile pictures you can see read what we saw. smile

rosalux Sat 01-Jun-13 15:41:30

thanks LittlePea the pictures are so cute. unfortunately this hasn't made my thinking any clearer at all confused

Marking place. pod your scans are ACE!

Marking place smile Been on a long walk this afternoon, and boy am I tired! Zzzzzzz.

farmersdaughter Sat 01-Jun-13 18:21:00

Marking my place.

I can't keep up at all. It's moving too fast.

Today I have been mostly eating salt and vinegar crips! Haven't been sick, but I have that horrid feeling that I'm going to be sick. It will only get worse i'm sure. Also had a funny tummy today. Marvellous confused

How is everyone else feeling this evening? We have spent a large amount of today messy around in the garden or running to the loo blush We brought DD a sandpit a few months ago and this sunny weather has seen it used loads. Sadly quiet please I have been able to get 2 loads of washing done and air dryed too. God I'm SAD.

I was wondering how many of you who are on DC2 + will be finding out the sex at 20 weeks? We didn't find out with DD and I was utterly delighted with a girl secretly would love another girl not sure if we should find out or not?

Not sure who puts the info list together but for cut and paste purposes:

Farmersdaughter, 31, DC2 EED: 24th Jan

BlueEyedLass Sat 01-Jun-13 19:15:45

Hi, am expecting dc3 at the end of January grin grin grin

Its good to share the news actually as there is no one else I can tell. I haven't even told H yet, as after 13yrs together he decided to leave a couple of weeks ago, so I am a single parent for the first time in my life.

I am trying not to get too scared by the thought of how I will cope as that may mean I lose the plot!

I need to phone the doctors as I am 6 weeks to sort out the booking in appointment. I don't want to though as it involves all sorts of tricky questions and talking about being a single parent will make it all very real.

I did very much want a third child so I am determined not to let his actions spoil this pregnancy and my happiness. I have two little girls who will be very happy when I can finally tell them!

I am already thinking about names - and this time I get to choose with no compromise every cloud and all that

TobyLerone Sat 01-Jun-13 19:39:34

Good news, pod. I'm so glad everything was ok. I was thinking about you (and a bit worried when you didn't update), so I'm really pleased for you smile

I've read everything, but I'm getting confused with 2 threads and I feel horrific today! Really sick. I'm desperate for clothes that will hide my belly a few more weeks. It's getting ridiculous now. And my boobs have grown 3 cup sizes. So we had to go into town and do some shopping. I tried on a million bras in Debenhams and eventually bought one. Then couldn't find a maxi dress anywhere which would fit over my enormous 34F boobs and not swamp the rest of me, so we went to Matalan instead. On the way there, I started to feel horribly sick. Grabbed the first elasticated-top dress I could find, made DH carry it, paid and left. I've no idea if I even like it! Made dinner (DS did most of it) and ate some because I was starving and was sure I'd feel better if I ate, but I still feel really pukey. I've had to give in and take one of my tablets, but they knock me out so I don't like doing it.

So anyway, commiserations to those feeling crap.

Hi Blue. Sorry to hear about your slightly crappy circumstances sad You'll be fine, though. And you're right -- now you get to make the decisions!

Toothfairy78 Sat 01-Jun-13 22:25:24

I went shopping on a rare trip to Westfield today and bought a bunch oh belly bands. Reckon I'm gonna need them in the not too distant. Also invested in comfy Geox shoes, bra extenders, waistband extenders and those cunning buttons with the stretchy loops on. I also want some Belly Ups but they don't seem to sell them in the UK. May buy some cheap braces and modify them...

I'm getting ready!

And fat, yeah, I know...

And for the record:
Toothfairy78, 34, DC1, EDD 6th Jan

farmersdaughter Sat 01-Jun-13 22:28:07

blue oh my gosh. You must be gong through a whole sack of emotions. How old are your girls? I am sure they will be utterly delighted when you tell them! Something for you all the look forward too. Don't worry about the booking app, I'm sure the MW has heard lots if stories.

toby I hear you. Clothes are already starting to become a issue and I'm only 6 weeks {ekk} Need a sleep bra as its getting very uncomfortable and heavy.

MrsGSR Sun 02-Jun-13 00:26:43

Blue Congrats on the pregnancy, sorry to hear about your H. I think there is also a lone parents section on here you could have a look at if your feeling overwhelmed, stay with us too though smile

I'm having a nightmare with Bras, I hold all my weight on my lower body (I have a massive butt and thighs!) so have a small back size, I'm currently trying to find shops that stock 30GG sad Will have to look for a non-underwired bra soon as it's getting really uncomfortable. I've given up on jeans, bloated and a tight waistband were making ms worse so in joggers or maternity jeans!

Laura1408 Sun 02-Jun-13 08:19:35

Can't believe I'm having to work today! Tired and mega sore boobs, plus with no sickness yesterday I can tell it will be an all day sicknesstoday...again.
As for the bra situation ladies, the new jml bra is soo ridiculously comfortable I wish I'd brought more!
Time to get ready and go work this gorg day away, good luck all, hope everyone wakes up feeling a bit better smile

bluecarrot Sun 02-Jun-13 11:31:52

Blue - congratulations on your pregnancy. If you don't think reconciliation is on the cards, the lone parent section on mn is great for support ( or bitching about xp if needed) you should check it out. I was a single parent from the day I told DDs dad I was expecting and I had lots of support from midwives etc and was put in antenatal classes with other single parents. Hope you have plenty of RL support too x

Sad to see a few have left the thread since I was last on sad but also lovely to see the scan pics of others.

I got my letter through and the 12 week scan is actually at 11 weeks which will be perfect timing for us to announce the pregnancy at my birthday party smile

I've been craving some salty food too - chippy chips with salt and vinegar mainly. Though mostly I've wanted and enjoyed healthy food. Nausea and fatigue still strong and I want to weep at everything. DP said yesterday I was extremely quiet which was "nice in a way but also worrying" I think he was joking.

TMI. Alert : I have thrush and haemorrhoids sad feel too embarrassed to tell dp. Mixed with weeping, exhaustion and puking I'm not really feeling much of a good catch right now!

enormouse Sun 02-Jun-13 15:08:31

blue welcome to the thread and congrats on the pregnancy. I hope we can offer you as much support as we can x. MrsGSR totally get where you're coming from. I'm usually a 28D which is impossible to get at the best of times, I dread getting any bigger. Have you tried bravissimo?

bluecarrot I got my booking appointment too - it's at the moyle on 1st July. When's yours?

ladymalfoy Sun 02-Jun-13 16:34:38

Hello there. 9.3 here and MW ap on Thurs. Had early scan and saw and heard heart beat. Sore boobs here and tired and floopy but no real morning sickness. Just get the heaves if I lean over or down.
Anyone else having trouble sleeping? I just can't drop off despite the usual remedies. I'm finding my energy rockets at about 8pm and can't drop off til 3 or 4am.
Good luck all of you.

lass welcome and congrats, and sorry to hear about your 'D'H, but you seem admirably chipper about it.

MrsG I hear you on bras. Mothercare are ridiculous! Half their ranges only go to E cup FFS - these are 'MATERNITY' bras! I found one 38F (I am up from 34DD) and that was it. Same online. Fucking insane. Have you tried Bravissimo?

carrot ouch, poor you. DP will have to hear/find out much worse, I'd just tell him if I were you. That way he can have the shame fun of buying Anusol and Canesten grin

MrsGSR Sun 02-Jun-13 17:27:50

I'll have to try bravissimo smile I usually like boux avenue but they only go up to 30G

This thread is not accepting new messages.