Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2013 - thread 8 - hope babies aren't late!

(997 Posts)
redwellybluewelly Wed 29-May-13 23:06:18

We were about to run out of room!

Hope everyone finds the thread ok smile

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 08:38:04
MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 08:34:33

I'd love to sleep more, AmI, but my body / brain appear to have forgotten how to get more than about 5-6 hours' sleep per night. :-/

I'm not actually up, either. :-) But I will be soon as I'm hungry!

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 08:09:46

Fingers crossed that you're home asap forget and that your gorgeous boy keeps going from strength to strength. Sending hugs.

Enjoy the farmers market stef- please eat something yummy for me!smile

AmIGoingMad Sat 15-Jun-13 08:08:20

Welcome happy!smile

You ladies who are pregnant with number 1 amaze me with how early you are getting up even at this stage of pregnancy! DH has just gotten up with DS so I'm back off to sleep for an hour- I can't get enough of the stuff at the moment! smile

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 07:43:48

Is he? That's brilliant, Forget :-)

I've already decided that Baby B is going to be a baby who needs a close eye keeping on him!

I'm still having mild contractions but they aren't getting worse. Boo!

forgetmenots Sat 15-Jun-13 07:10:16

Thanks for all the good wishes - he really seems to have turned a corner in the last 24 hours. So hoping we will get home. smile

I meant to say to mrsbri that he is still an acrobat! Always wriggling and curious!

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 07:10:00

yeah pinkapples, booked for Friday 8pm, my birthday Saturday hmm
my mobility is starting to come back somewhat although think thats cause ogvsat here 'relaxing' foing stir crazy
there's a carnival here today and my.mums farmers market so im gonna go to them see if I cant tempt him!!

MrsBri Sat 15-Jun-13 06:31:53

Forget, sorry to hear your little boy hasn't been well. I hope he recovers soon so you can go home.

Hi Happy! A belated welcome :-) I hope you don't have to wait too long for your baby. I've a feeling I will end up going the distance, though I'm 'only' 39+2 today!

pinkapples Sat 15-Jun-13 04:39:40

Awww steff he'll be here soon (sorry if he's a she as I'm on my phone and can't check) then you'll be having cuddles too! Feels like an age away and I only gave birth yesterday

Must admit its nice having your capacities back grin and being able to sleep in comfort on your back front or any side you choose... Your turn soon have they mentioned induction to you yet?

Steffanoid Sat 15-Jun-13 04:22:00

hi happy go lucky, im in the same boat as you, getting very fed up now and very jealous of everyone with beautiful newborns, I was due Tuesday, got another sweep this Tuesday but theres just nothing going on down there, he's far too comfortable!

pinkapples Sat 15-Jun-13 04:01:08

Thanks massagegirl yea mines Pronounced the same as thea its beautiful isn't it and hubby is pleased I liked a name he chose grin

Baby grow is off and nappy change don't after 45 mins of me flapping a boob in her face it has done the trick and she's finally on gringrinwoohoo now to sit it out

massagegirl Sat 15-Jun-13 03:47:45

Hi pink... Take her baby gro off, do a nappy change, tickle her feet, normally wakes my sleep girl up! Hard to do in the night when they look sooo happy! Ps my one is a Thea so quite close to your little ones name.

pinkapples Sat 15-Jun-13 02:57:42

Sorry your feeling rubbish forget and hope baby welly improves for you red

I'm sat enjoying the fact my bladder can hold some kind of capacity again but miffed baby Theiah will not wake up for a feed! She's totally gone any ideas?

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 15-Jun-13 02:06:40

How have I only just found this thread?! sad

Can I jump on please? First baby and expecting a boy grin

I'm 40+4 and miserable. Had a sweep at 40+2 which did zilch. I'm just bored and fed up of waiting now.

Congrats to all of you enjoying newborn snuggles. I'm so jealous. envy

curlyclaz13 Sat 15-Jun-13 01:18:03

forget I hope littly is better soon and the rest of you feel better soon.
s cough when you have had your bits stiched is no fun as I have discovered also new is the joy of cluster feeding, was aware of it but didn't think it happened at 2 days old. we are home now though. smile

AmIGoingMad Fri 14-Jun-13 22:48:34

Forget- so sorry to hear that little one hasn't been well. Really glad to hear that he's on the mend now.

Red I hope that dd2 feels better soon too.

Sunny I hope the headache goes soon!

Everyone still waiting like me- I hope we have some more baby news soon!

learnermummy Fri 14-Jun-13 22:43:43

Sorry to hear your lo unwell forget hmm. Hope better soon.

Hope baby welly settles for you red. Could think of cranial osteopath if continues - know someone who had good success after CS delivery.

redwellybluewelly Fri 14-Jun-13 22:28:28

forget sorry to hear your DS was poorly, hope nothing too serious and that he has stayed with you and you can go home soon.

Baby welly is having a bad evening, toddler welly being surprisingly little trouble this evening however despite that DH is on a rant about how 'hes just not having another crying baby for months on end and we'll need to figure out a solution' - there is a huge back story but he always makes it sound like my fault somehow. I think baby welly is simply overtired and has wind, she has been no trouble at all until this evening so we thought she'd stay quiet!

bunglecat77 Fri 14-Jun-13 22:19:20

Thanks so much for all the post-natal clothes tips.

If I have a quiet, rainy weekend I can feel an online shop coming on, or maybe even a sewing machine moment to alter a few things.

Here's hoping everyone gets the weekend they want - whether that's quiet or busy!

Steffanoid Fri 14-Jun-13 21:58:13

im now going pelvis tilts? on my gym ball, so kneeling on the floor, stretching out to take my pelvis back and forth and then arching my back to take it up and down,

the only things thats happening is my knees are going dead even though they're on a sofa cushion

I didn't buy any maternity clothes my stuff has some give in it cause of weight id lost, got some trousers from Evans just in a bigger size, I've got one maxi dress thats elastic on the boobs going to get some tops that are like that, peacocks usually sell them, will look in Evans too

I've mostly been wearing yoga pants type things (non maternity ones from Next) or maternity jersey stretchy trousers (which are a bit big!) with H&M or Mamas & Papas BFing wrap tops - I highly recommend these, they're great!

This sort of top in fact

pinkapples Fri 14-Jun-13 21:32:01

I'm the same forgot when she should be sleeping she's chatting to me when she should be feeding she's sleeping not what the books say!!

forgetmenots Fri 14-Jun-13 20:25:33

Congratulations on all these babies, wow just catching up on the thread.

DS and I are still in hospital - he has been really poorly and it hasn't been an easy week. I'm happy to say though that he is on the mend and we should be out in the next few days.

MrsBri - I was in the yeti club (hairy belly) and had a boy, also was in the high libido crowd and had a boy the libido is gone forever now though smile

I'm now frantically reading up about newborns, spent so much time fretting about the birth and all that, I've got no idea what I'm doing! Google and MN are my friends smile

pinkapples Fri 14-Jun-13 19:54:09

I'm in joggers at the mo and pj bottoms I've got stitches so huge pads plus ice pack does look a bit like a willy at the front but not that bad that I wouldn't go out :-)

SunnyL Fri 14-Jun-13 19:38:37

Bungle - day 1 I looked about 6 months pregnant (but with squishy belly instead of hard baby bump). Today is day 3 and I look like a normal-ish person that should perhaps avoid eating quite so many doughnuts. I'm in my maternity jeans because they are comfy but they are falling down. I did get on the scales this morning out of interest and was amused to have been on the best diet in my life after a case of amoebic dysentery I got a few years ago. 1 stone lost in 3 days!

Right now I have a thumping headache that only gets better when I lie down. Rather worried I might have one of those spinal block headaches - according to guidance you might need to get a blood patch if it doesn't let up. Will monitor and hope its just tiredness except I never get headaches......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now