Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Graduates of the wine-and-shagging-af ter-mc thread come hither! ..again!

(96 Posts)
icequeenkate Wed 29-May-13 17:40:19

There's more....again...
Seeing as practically all of us have now got our babies, here is a new(ish) home to carry on chatting and waiting for those final babies to pop out! Today we are pregnant or have a baby! grin

WildeRumpus Fri 13-Sep-13 16:29:50

Good luck with ds1 and playgroup snow! My ds1 has made the transfer from childminder to.nursery better than I could have hopes - he lives the busy variety and has made quite a few friends which is great as he was always very shy. Am sure even if your ds1 does have any form of asd his playgroup will look out for him as an individual and the kids will be too little to notice quirks as anything other than a different type of 'normal' I reckon smile my ds went in dressed head to toe as a firefighter last week... And got cross at all the childen in the 'hat shop' he had set up... Wtf is 'normal' at that age eh?!

Yeeeees my adorable baby is making me broody too! Hehe! Just like you with ds1 t took ages for me to contemplate getting preggers again but having a bigger family is so much fun and am excited about completing it with number three (even with pnd tho am getting sorted so is really a positive thing that has made me fix long standing mental.health issues). And having a bigger child makes me appreciate ds2's baby-ness thatmuch more as I know it will be over in a flash. Boo sob.

Big waves to everyone, and Friday wine (tho I have hot choc as dh is working allllll weekend. Tut! )

DS1 starts playgroup next week and I am nervous about that too wilde! He has done well at the childminder but he has various as yet unidentified issues - he was very slow learning to speak, though his speech is fine now, and certain things / noises / situations really freak him out. He is probably going to get referred for ASD investigations but it seems like he will be at the v high functioning end of the spectrum (if he is on it at all) which is obviously great but tricky too, since DS1 seems very 'normal' and then people are taken aback by some of his strange behavioural quirks / meltdowns. Fingers crossed the new environment will work well for him though!

I hardly dare ask this but is anyone already thinking about maybe having another one? I was so put off by pg and birth with DS1 it took me 18 months to even consider no. 2 but this time I am already thinking...maybe next year?! Crazy! Hormones must still be up in the air!!!

WildeRumpus Wed 04-Sep-13 09:07:50

snow I know what you mean about heat! I love a warm cloudy atm, don't like having the baby out in full sun and its hard to apply sun lotion to the bigger one with one hand! Have missed lots of opportunities to go to the beach because it was too hot but next year will be there lots of visits I hope.

Am glad oisin (sorry can't work put how to get accent on second I) is finding a pattern for you. Ds1 is pretty good at sleeping on the whole tho has been up a lot recently. Cosleeping helps lots tho at some point I should try settling him into his cot... But I love sleeping with him so am reluctant smile

Mood wise am ok thanks snow. Have good days and bad days like anything really. I miss my friends from oop north but am slowly carving out our life here, settling ds1 into clubs etc. When he is busy I think I will relax a bit more and not be so anxious.

Better get dressed! Hope everyone is fine and dandy?

How are you feeling at the minute wilde? Is the medication working ok? Hope things are starting to even out a bit for you. I find that even without PND to contend with, the broken sleep, hormones and toddler tantrums can make me feel a bit on the volatile side hmm But Oisín is starting to sleep a lot better, or at least more to a pattern now so I think that will def help.

Hot here yesterday too, bit cooler today. I can't wait for the autumn now, I used to love the summer but small kids and / or being heavily pregnant has ruined any enjoyment I used to have for the heat. Bah and indeed humbug!!!

WildeRumpus Mon 02-Sep-13 16:14:11

Hello snow! Adore your baby's name - and ds1 looks like such a cutie! And love your pics sheldon, cannot believe how these babies are growing smile

I recovered physically after ds2 so much faster too snow. Were your afterpains ok? And yes juggling will become second nature very soon!

Blazing sunshine here today... Gorgeous but ds2 not best impressed with the heat so am inside!

Love your ds chaos story ice!

Boo have you seen that the May an board is up for next year?! saying that tho I got my bfp around now last year... Aw.

Checking in while Oisín is feeding like crazy!!Things great here, Oisín is not quite back to birth weight but he's well on his way. Some nights sleeping well, other nights not so much!! I'm so much better this time round tho, recovering really well from delivery and getting out and about plenty with both DSs to park, grandparents, even cinema! Hectic having 2 tho, i can only assume (hope) that i'll get better at juggling them both with practice grin

Hope everyone is well - DS starts playgroup a week tomorrow, hoping having a new activity to distract him will alleviate his somewhat ruffled feelings at having this new baby invader to contend with in the house!

booboomonster Tue 20-Aug-13 16:34:59

Hurrah! Well done snow!! So pleased for you - loved the fb pics. Enjoy every minute. Love the name btw (would have chosen if I'd ever had a boy!) xxx

Sheldonella Tue 20-Aug-13 09:16:20

Congratulations snow!! thanks smile What a great weight and what an amazing birth. Hope you are recovering well smile

icequeenkate Mon 19-Aug-13 18:54:25

gringrin Bloody brilliant! thanks Massive congratulations, Snow and family. (Literally - 10lbs+!!!) smile

Love a good birth story. So glad all safe and well. Phew.

Enjoy those cuddles. And wine!

WildeRumpus Mon 19-Aug-13 08:44:57

Hurray hurray snow congratulations! smile smile smile smile smile ds2 sounds like he was in quite a hurry! So glad he is here and you are well. Hurray!

Snow baby birth announcement grin grin

Well DS2 arrived at 9:49pm, 10lb3oz (!!!), just tens & gas and air lol Arrived at hospital about half 7 at 6cm. On v short walk from carpark into maternity centre, contractions seemed to really step up a gear and i started feeling v warm and queasy all of a sudden.

I'd had an idea i might like to use birth pool and one was free so midwife brought me on round while DH got our stuff from the car. By the time he got back ten mins later I had to throw up, then started on the gas and air while midwife started running the water for the pool. It was nearly ready for me to get in and then waters broke all over the floor - still was wearing shoes & leggings grin Merconium in waters tho so no pool for me in the end. Straight away started feeling like i <could> push which caught me a bit unawares. So too late for any other pain meds. Just less than an hour later and there DS2 was - pediatrician hadnt even had a chance to get her scrubs on!!

Needed a few stitches and i am pretty sore down below but he's absolutely gorgeous and me, DH and DS have the room to ourselves for the night so it's really peaceful & lovely.

Will check back to read everyones news smile xx

booboomonster Sun 18-Aug-13 21:30:40

Hellooo all
Glad to hear you are ok, wild. I must check out the pic that ice mentions on Facebook!

In France at my mums house - my dad built it 15 years ago and it's lovely. Quite full on with the 3 kids but nice to be in the sunshine, have lots of space and pool for them to run around / play in, and my ma for me to chat to.

Ice loved your description on family life - yes I often feel like the woman in that ad too. Poor DS4 with teething - I think Dd3 is heading that way soon - we have a lot of drool....

Sheldon - gorgeous photo of you & babe. Weaning! How time flies eh?

Good luck snow thinking of you - and will be checking in here - xx

Sorry for brief message - am on phone, in dark, with sleeping DD3 next to me.

WildeRumpus Sun 18-Aug-13 19:26:17

Just popping.in - little are you being induced tomorrow?! Goooooood luck if so smile smile smile

Wave to all - ice love your ds stories! Boo - a month in.France! Wow weeeee! Sheldon I love your new pic on fb smile

Plodding on here. Ds2 is gorgeous, such an easy baby now and takes delight in everything. Ds1 is hyper and hilarious. I am ok, adore my kids and am getting on but have to be frank and say some days are such a struggle. I just feel so flat. Am still on the ads, being looked after by a wonderful gp and having counselling again so hope to get sorted soon smile

icequeenkate Fri 16-Aug-13 06:46:50

Morning all!

Hope summer hols going well?

France for a month sounds the way to go, Boo. Do you hire a house? envy

Wilde - how you? Loved the photo of your DSs - very sweet; those innocent wide eyes will break a few hearts! wink

Sheldon - how is DD doing? Is she having food yet? Are you pureeing or baby-led? Was in your neck of the woods last week - went to an outdoor kids pool nr my old school. Reminded me of what a great city it is and a great place to raise kids.

Oi! Baby Snow! Where are you?

DS4 currently teething again - 3 and 4th teeth making a slow appearance. Can see them bulging, but they won't cut. sad And yesterday in the space of an hour I learned exactly how far DS3 could pee - about 1.5m in order to hit the opposite wall with hand towel and basin. Twice. Then DS4 did a poonami at lunch (to make room for more food, obviously). Then DS1's friend arrived 2 hours early for sleepover as mum wanted some time to herself...and finally DS2 caused DS3 to have a meltdown at the garden centre. As I dragged him out by the wrist whilst pushing buggy, and holding tray of plants and calling the other two to please hurry up, I heard all the old dears tut-tutting (was Thursday so they were out!). Felt like the woman on the advert a year or so back who imitates her toddler in the middle of the aisle!

Have a good day- early cuppa? brew

Hi boo!! France for a month sounds gorgeous, hope you are eating a lot of patisserie grin I was reading Lauren Laverne's fashion column in Guardian today all about beautiful things to wear this autumn and all I could think about were how massive my boobs are now and how much more massive they will be once baby arrives. I'd love a new coat but it would have to be in such a ridiculous size that I don't think there's much of a point!!!

40+3 today, ladies, and the baby is still hiccuping, which (apparently) seems to mean that he is still practice breathing and they are supposed to stop doing that two days before they are ready to be born! Don't remember if DS1 had stopped doing that but he probably had. On the other hand, I can't helped but be surprised by my EDD this time, because it would have implied my cycle was exactly 28 days when I conceived and with my pcos and v irregular, dodgy cycles I am not convinced I've had a nice regular 28 day cycle in my life!! DS was 4 weeks out according to dates for example... But scans this time round seemed to confirm dates so I thought maybe just this once I'd had a regular cycle. Now I'm thinking, though, that maybe this baby was just big for dates all along and perhaps I should really only be 39 weeks this week or something... Oh well, induction a week today!

booboomonster Mon 12-Aug-13 08:03:13

Hey girls!
Writing from depths of deepest France to say good luck snow!! How exciting, sounds like things are imminent! Can't wait to hear lovely news!

Glad everyone ok - sorry to hear you are struggling, wild - I am sure moving & new area won't help. Thinking of you xx

Good luck with the sleeping through ice! Any joy yet?

We're fine - in France for a month. DH flew home yesterday after a week and my Mum arrives today. Busy with the DC but generally everything's fine. DD3 sleeping quite well but not through the night. Am trying to lose baby weight not too successfully yet and my boobs are depressingly massive (and will stay that way til I stop bf as I know from experience). Can't believe that this time last year when we were here I wasn't even pregnant (conceived here I think). So weird how time flies.

Anyway, sending good vibes to you all and come on snow - baby!! Xx

Sunburnt? Poor you ice, but glad rain cleared up!!

wilde - argh don't remind me of the lack of sleep awaiting me on the other side for the rest of 2013 and beyond hee grin

No news here!! EDD came & went y'day - having twinges, mild contractions and have lost all of or most of plug but waters in tact and contractions are nothing to write home about. Back to hospital again on Mon afternoon but they'll hardly bother with a 3rd sweep and if nothing happens I have induction to err look forward to on 19th confusedconfused

icequeenkate Sat 10-Aug-13 22:34:58

Just got home....what news?

Am sunburnt!!!! grin

WildeRumpus Fri 09-Aug-13 15:12:55

Happy edd day snow! Sounds like is starting for you smile smile Sooooo excited! Have a lovely afternoon!

My baby doesn't sleep thru ice... Or alone!

NO SIGN OF THIS BABY YET!!! He's winding me up something shocking - lost some of plug yesterday afternoon and then woke up having some proper contractions during the night last night, which I have to say felt v different since this one isn't back to back so I could actually feel the contractions across my abdomen instead of like being kicked in the back. Not exactly fun, but far easier to stay in bed!!! Anyway, after half an hour, all settled down again angry Bounced on birth ball like a mad thing this morning, made DS's breakfast, loaded dishwasher and I've had a shower and still...nothing... DH is taking a half day today tho to give me a hand with DS and we're all going to go for a good long walk round the park this afternoon and see if that helps. ZZZZ. Whenever you're ready baby! Any time!! It's EDD today!

ice - woo hoo, here comes the sun!!

wilde - Waves to you too - genuinely hope this snow baby is imminent wink

icequeenkate Fri 09-Aug-13 04:14:27

Just checking in for any news?

Was sunny yesterday grin

<pops DS4 back into travel cot, still hoping that one day he might just decide to sleep through>

WildeRumpus Thu 08-Aug-13 08:18:16

How you doing snow?! Excited for our imminent snowbaby smile

Sorry about the rain ice. It really was torrential for you!

Waving to all of you, including chandelier of course.

lol at DS being at work in DH's office, wanting crayons and juice every 5 mins wink

Sorry it's raining ice - I'd love nothing more than a good ol soaking but stupid Belfast and its never ending stupid heat wave is not obliging. Hopefully weather will pick up for you and you can get on with enjoying your hols tho!

Still sore, tired and contraction free over here! <returns to twiddling thumbs and...zzz...resting...bored>

icequeenkate Mon 05-Aug-13 14:27:28

Il pleut! wink

I read that as DS at work and DH at childminders, Snow! Either way works I guess.. Just checking up on you!

Hellooooo to everyone!

<re-lurks on wet island 26 miles from Lands End>

WildeRumpus Mon 05-Aug-13 11:26:18

Enjoy! Hope pgp eases from bath for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now