Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduates of the wine-and-shagging-af ter-mc thread come hither! ..again!

(96 Posts)
icequeenkate Wed 29-May-13 17:40:19

There's more....again...
Seeing as practically all of us have now got our babies, here is a new(ish) home to carry on chatting and waiting for those final babies to pop out! Today we are pregnant or have a baby! grin

WildeRumpus Wed 10-Jul-13 10:37:50

Oh ice that sounds worrying. I gave ds anything and everything with blw, smoked salmon ans eggs was a fave from about 7 months! I remember very citrussy food would give him a bit of a dribble rash and sore bum but don't think that is what you are describing... Does sound like an allergic reaction but am no Dr!

My ds2 has a wee rash on his back and chest but he has a virus...

Good luck ice, let us know how he is won't you?

Love to all, love hearing your news smile

icequeenkate Wed 10-Jul-13 15:26:30

Thanks Wilde. It does seem to be getting a bit better, but flares up when he gets hot and sweaty, particularly when feeding. We are off to Portugal for a week tomorrow - 30 degree heat - am slightly worried! I shall avoid dairy to be safe I think; trouble is he just grabs anything and everything. All 3 of my others have been so 'slow' in comparison developmentally.

How is little DS2? How will you know when his virus is hone? he has had a bucketful, hasn't he, poor little chap --must stop sounding like my mother--I hope you're managing to get some rest and time with DS1?

Sheldon - my bf is moving to your neck of the woods soon, with 3dc, the youngest of whom is 7 months. I shall be asking you for baby group recommendations! How is DD? Still beautiful? Isn't it fab just to marvel at what we can create? Love it.

Boo? You ok? Surviving? Or have you sunk under the mound of washing created by 3dc?!!! grin Another thing I find astounding. Definitely need an American styleeee washing machine here.

Snow! Bump?! Remind us if your due date?? Summer baby. Will you be naming it the same as Kate and Wills?! Hope you are keeping fit and healthy.

<waves to Chandelier>

icequeenkate Wed 10-Jul-13 15:27:12

must also get the hang of scoring out on mobile phone

grin

icequeenkate Wed 10-Jul-13 15:28:48

And it cut off my

<waves to Chandelier > bit!!

icequeenkate Wed 10-Jul-13 15:30:06

And again!!

I SAID I WAS WAVING to Chandelier!!!!confused

icequeenkate Wed 10-Jul-13 15:30:57

And I didn't add in that face thing!

angryangryangry blush

WildeRumpus Tue 16-Jul-13 13:18:27

Have a great holiday!

Hope everyone is well smile x

booboomonster Thu 18-Jul-13 16:16:21

helloooo!
Been meaning to update for a while but just not had time. Anyway, all well here. Sorry to read about your PND, wild - hope you are ok, and good that you could diagnose early and get help. Did you take meds for it last time? When did you stop? Thinking of you flowers

ice you are on hols now but hope DS4 is ok with allergy related things... Hope you are coping in the heat.

sheldon loving your pics on facebook - can't believe how grown up DD looks!

snow what news?!?!

Hello to chandelier!

IT IS SO HOT! I get really really hot just touching the baby, let alone feeding or bouncing or walking with her, jeez. I love hot weather normally but a couple of days recently there has just been no breeze at all and it was just stifling.

As for me, just coping really! Super busy with the DDs - and about to break up for school hols so next week or two will be manic, then we go on holiday. DD3 is pretty good really - nights aren't too bad at all, daytime can be hit and miss. She's sleeping now so smile.
I do keep checking the thread, just don't get much time to post.

wine and flowers to you all. xxx

Lost our thread for a while but I'm back so just goung to read up on all your news for a catch up smile

I see HRH has gone into labour...jealous!! 37+3 today - less uncomfortable & wiped out now it is less hot thank goodness! SPD getting worse & worse tho as baby gets heavier & lower in pelvis so cant do a whole lot of walking. So just washing all towels & sheets, bouncing on birth ball and doing acupressure points everyday, coercing DH into some shagging. Can't hurt!! At last mw appt on Fri baby was right way round, not back to back and head was engaged so keeping fx for a slightly early arrival grin

wow...

sheldon - 4 months already! my goodness! What a lovely age tho, DS was that age around xmas 2010 and he was just so cute didn't dress him as an elf or anything hee

boo - I used to love the heat but since having an Aug baby during mini heatwave of 2010 i have developed a real aversion to anything hotter than 20 degrees. All it means now is sunhats, factor 50 cream, worries about heat rash/dehydration lol I'm sure your 3 are keeping you v busy in this weather!

ice - hope your DS's rash is a bit better? Heat prob hasnt helped - slightest skin flare up always magnified when it is warm like this. Hope it clears up - enjoy Portugal!

wilde - Sorry to hear about PND, hope you are being well looked after xx And also big congrats on PhD!!!

Hi Chandelier!

Hope everyone is doing well? It's quiet on here!! No baby news here yet, but pressure down below and SPD has really ratcheted up in the last day or 2 so I'm guessing the head is more fully engaged now and hopefully it won't be long now - sweep is happening this Friday any with any luck I'll have some news for you over the weekend!

icequeenkate Tue 30-Jul-13 20:09:02

Ooooo! Good luck snow. Have been thinking about you. Will be sending you calm and positive thoughts... grin So glad it's not me!!

I'm off on hols again on Saturday. We are going to Tresco for the week, staying in one of the Sea Garden cottages (used to be Island Hotel). Going with DH's family all of them and if the weather is kind to us, it is like the sub tropics. If it pours with rain all week I will be hitting the bottle big time grinwink

Hope that you are all doing well? DS4: controlled crying for last 2 nights. Am exhausted from feeding him 3x during night - he doesn't need it, he just fancies a cuddle! Tough mother here --fortified by glass of wine--winewine he's dissing the purées and downing anything he can wrap his little fists around. LOVE baby led weaning - so easy! Pizza, pasta, vanilla cheesecake, sticky toffee pud and choc icecream on Saturday for lunch all foraged from our plates! Definitely his father's child grin

WildeRumpus Thu 01-Aug-13 15:10:04

Hey all. Love hearing your newses smile

Good luck.for Friday snow!

Happy hols ice!

Where you holidaying boo? Not had pnd or.meds before so all new. Am keeping head above water but that's about it atm. Baby is beautiful tho, very long is in 6-9 month babygrows at 10 weeks...

Yay for smiles and cuddles Sheldon!

Be well ladies x

icequeenkate Thu 01-Aug-13 17:56:15

brew and biscuit for keeping your head above water, Wilde. Well done - that's about all I can manage most days but today's heat has scuppered me. I NEED A POOL!

Hey ho, heading down your way at the weekend so it's sure to rain... it seems to follow me when I frequent the south west, so sorry if there's a sudden change in climate hmm

Snow - what news?!

biscuit Or wine or brew for everyone. Personally the wine is my choice, if only because its chilled. wink

Hi ladies!

ice - your DS sounds like he is taking to baby led weaning really really well, though sounds like there has been some very nice food on offer so I don't blame him! Enjoy your holiday, hope rain stays off and you all have a fab time/

wilde - Well done on holding it all together. I didn't get PND but I do think working on thesis right up til DS was born and then having to start back into it when he was only 3 months and not the world's best sleeper was very stressful and it did make me feel a bit drained and not quite all there a lot of the time, at least at the start. Nothing like what you are going through, though, but I do empathise. V glad they have you on meds and hope GP and your DH are keeping a good eye on you to make sur eyou get lots of support.

Had sweep done this afternoon - took some cocodamol beforehand to compensate for dodgy pelvis so it was great, barely felt it lol Also got a scan to check position and everything looks good grin

2cm dilated but still good bit of effacing to get thru so hopefully things will kick off over the wkend but if not they have booked me in for another sweep on Wed. Would rather baby was here sooner rather than later but at least seeing him on the scan today made it all feel real and exciting again - I guess he'll get here when he gets here!

Happy Friday everyone, hope u all have good weekends!

icequeenkate Fri 02-Aug-13 18:41:56

Sending you stretchy effacing type vibes, Snow!! Good luck. grin

Rain forecast for Sunday...confused

WildeRumpus Fri 02-Aug-13 21:22:12

Good luck snow! Am sooooo excited for you smile hope younot too uncomfy.

Bah to rain ice!

Thanks for your kind comments friends. Am ok,meds working in the main... Think moving and not having my own friends not helping. Am ok tho, getting on smile

WildeRumpus Fri 02-Aug-13 21:23:31

Ps snow that must have been awfully stressful for you! Every day I breathe out with relief that the PhD is over.

wilde - 2 years later and i am still breathing out with relief that it's all over, viva, corrections & all! I epuld def find not having friends / family around v tough going under any circumstances so you are doung amazing coping with that in top of PND.

ice - rain rain go away! grin

Not much action here, bouncing in ball, got DH to do acupressure points and now heading to bed early with a mountain of pillows & fan on. Now cocodamol has worn off pelvis is killing me again but nuce early night will def help. Hope my next update is more exciting!!

WildeRumpus Sat 03-Aug-13 21:05:06

Thanks little smile

How you diddlin'?!

Argh still bouncing on ball, trudging / waddling round park in glam pelvic support belt and doing vigorous housework but nothing doing!! 39+3 today, next sweep is in t minus 54 hours grin Have house to myself today tho since DH is in work & DS is at childminder just as a one off so going to rest up, enjoy peace & quiet and have a bath...bliss!!!

WildeRumpus Mon 05-Aug-13 11:26:18

Enjoy! Hope pgp eases from bath for you smile

icequeenkate Mon 05-Aug-13 14:27:28

Il pleut! wink

I read that as DS at work and DH at childminders, Snow! Either way works I guess.. Just checking up on you!

Hellooooo to everyone!

<re-lurks on wet island 26 miles from Lands End>

lol at DS being at work in DH's office, wanting crayons and juice every 5 mins wink

Sorry it's raining ice - I'd love nothing more than a good ol soaking but stupid Belfast and its never ending stupid heat wave is not obliging. Hopefully weather will pick up for you and you can get on with enjoying your hols tho!

Still sore, tired and contraction free over here! <returns to twiddling thumbs and...zzz...resting...bored>

WildeRumpus Thu 08-Aug-13 08:18:16

How you doing snow?! Excited for our imminent snowbaby smile

Sorry about the rain ice. It really was torrential for you!

Waving to all of you, including chandelier of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now