Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduates of the wine-and-shagging-af ter-mc thread come hither! ..again!

(96 Posts)
icequeenkate Wed 29-May-13 17:40:19

There's more....again...
Seeing as practically all of us have now got our babies, here is a new(ish) home to carry on chatting and waiting for those final babies to pop out! Today we are pregnant or have a baby! grin

WildeRumpus Wed 05-Jun-13 23:22:14

We are home ice. Is wonderful.

Will post properly tom when not on phone.

icequeenkate Thu 06-Jun-13 15:50:18

grin For being home in wonderful sunshine, Wilde!

WildeRumpus Fri 07-Jun-13 09:18:51

Omg am finding looking after two really difficult! Ds2 is up at 5 for fussy hour so am already half dead when ds2 gets up. Nursery prep is a nightmare and brings out my short fuse sad no brek for me then ds2 bfs all morning till I feel faint. Outside too hot for ds2 who just wants to bf while ds2 wants food, drinks paddling pool - all v reasonable requests but arrrrrg am frazzled.

How do you cope?! Newborn fine on own, ds2 ditto but together?! Sad stressy shouty crap mum me sad

Sorry for me me me. Have no one to talk to in rl and dh doesn't get it. Can't look back on phone to see posts to reply properly sorry sad

WildeRumpus Fri 07-Jun-13 09:24:26

Arf ds2 often meant to Say ds1! Tired and whiny, ignore, ignore. smile

booboomonster Fri 07-Jun-13 11:05:06

helloooooo
sorry for radio silence - DH just gone back to work today and we have been having family time. plus very busy!!

sorry to hear you are having a tough time, wild - when is DS1 in nursery? Can you sleep and catch up then? I find baby just has to fit into others schedule really - it seems to work ok (but as I say, not been on my own yet so we will see!). I had to wake her up this morning to take girls to school, but then I fed her in bed when we got back and she dozed off again - she seems to like our bed! Mind you - she was a right wriggler since 5am and I didn't sleep much after that. She is sleeping now and so should I be really but it is just too sunny outside and nice to get the house into shape after the mess of DH of us all being home. Can you doze while he bf, wild? I find I can - though not as good as proper sleep it is ok... sorry I am probably not being much help am still on a post baby high.

We had another ultrasound for E and they think the fluid in her belly is an ovarian cyst. It could go away, or it might need to be removed. It's not putting any pressure on any other organs, which is the key thing so at the moment it's not a problem as such. We just have to hope it doesn't get bigger really. And from what I've read online, even if it does have to be removed it shouldn't affect future fertility as long as other ovary is ok.

I think I still can't believe everything is ok with her. I don't really know why - I am feeling exceptionally grateful for having her and having my healthy little family. I am actually enjoying all the little things - such as not being pg anymore (being able to roll on front, bend over etc) and just functioning day to day! (I'm not sure how long this will last!) Life seems much simpler as a sahm in that I can actually do things properly rather than everything in a whirlwind rush.

Anyhoo - please do feel free to moan, wild - I will no doubt join you shortly!! Hope things are going well, everyone else, I need to catch up with the thread I think! flowers for everyone!

icequeenkate Fri 07-Jun-13 11:07:24

Oh bless you Wilde! It's tough adding in dc2; as you say easy to cope with either but not both. DS1 will learn to be more independent in his play, and it will only last a couple of weeks. Once DS2 starts smiling at DS1, he will become more of a companion for him rather than a hindrance?

You are NOT a crap mum. You've had huge amounts to deal with in last couple of weeks! You are a FAB mum! brewbiscuitthanks

booboomonster Fri 07-Jun-13 11:15:07

snow just saw you post about being pg - sorry didn't mean to gloat! Will check out your bump on fb. You've got all the lovely highs to come!!

I need to get a grip. My DD2 is at nursery school today and they are going for a picnic in the park. She just walked past the house with a teacher and I wept! Emotional? ME?

booboomonster Fri 07-Jun-13 11:16:24

crossed posts ice. Hello! I don't know how you juggle 4 I have to say!!

WildeRumpus Fri 07-Jun-13 15:08:13

.boo will the cyst inevitably affect your dds ovary? Sorry to hear that she has one. How are you about it? Hope you are ok, here to listen if not...

Thanks for your reassuring words of wisdom ladies. I need to. Chill out and stop catastrophising. Today has been the opposite of yest as ds2 sleeps and I have done lots of fun stuff with ds1. Lovely.

Man.it is hot! Hurray!

WildeRumpus Fri 07-Jun-13 17:40:33

I have had it with being uptight momma! I am going to quaff some vino. Yay for not being preggers! (Sorry snow!)

Happy sunny Friday night all smile

icequeenkate Fri 07-Jun-13 18:41:10

winewinewine brew(For snow) (and wine for chandelier, if you are lurking quietly?!)

booboomonster Fri 07-Jun-13 18:54:35

Yes already having a glass here after a challenging hour of crying! (DD3 not me!!) Poor DD3 (feels weird writing that!) has terrible nappy rash - she poos as soon as I put on a clean one, it's continuous!

wild not too worried about cyst as its soooo much better than it could have been (they were talking about twisted bowel and stuff which is v v serious). Obv hoping it won't result in surgery as that will be stressful for her & not ideal to lose an ovary. I think there is a chance it will go away or just not need treating.

Glad you had a better day wild - it can vary wildly from day to day can't it? We have to remember this!
DD3 is not letting me put her down at the mo... Might be tricky putting the DDs to bed!

booboomonster Fri 07-Jun-13 18:55:08

ice like your fb update!!

WildeRumpus Mon 10-Jun-13 15:20:02

How was everyone's weekend?

boo ds2 also poos constantly and had terrible nappy rash from it sad was that what was making dd3 upset or was it something else? Poor babies bums.

We had a smashing weekend... Am feeling generally much better in myself and sort of getting to grips with my new life. Ds2 does sleep well (tho only in with me hmm) but feeds a lot at night and has fussy time between 5 and 6am. Am getting out and about with them both and each time the feeling of accomplishment is very satisfying! Hehe.

Got news that I have definitely got my PhD today smile all done diddly done! Am.delighted and will celebrate with a Thai take away and the fall on Tele smile

Oh god, had to call 999 on sat am as ds2 was crying then went blue! Totally freaked out and knew that while I tried to work out what was causing it we had to.have an ambulance on the way so called them. Thank goodness he was fine tho and settled on the boob. They reckon he just got too hot and.crying meant he wasn't getting enough air so went blue. Was horrid but ambulance peeps were so nice about it. Never been so frightened.

Other than that, great weekend in the garden (keeping ds2 indoors!)

booboomonster Tue 11-Jun-13 15:23:39

Hiya!
oh dear I spoke too soon. Am totally knackered the last few days have done me in!

DD3 seems to just want me to hold her, all the time. Whenever I put her down she wakes up (or DD2 wakes her). The only place she'll sleep is the buggy/ sling or bed, in which case I have to be with her in (the bed - not buggy or sling that would be tricky!).
Yesterday evening she just cried the whole time, and i'd had her in the sling during the day out and about so effectively I was holding her all day. I had kind of forgotten about this stage and also I can't help worrying that something is wrong... though she reminds me very much for DD1 and it was just a bit of colic really.

So yesterday evening while I was preoccupied with baby DD2 took my new lipstick (and about the only thing that I can wear that 'fits' right now iykwim) and smeared it on her face and into a messy mess. This was after I had told her not to touch it about 5 times (but forgot to remove it from the kitchen whilst attending to screaming baby). So I went really mad and sent her to bed. Turns out she's not very well - cue me feeling really bad (though she did deserve the telling off imo) and her having the day at home today. So today I've two clingy crying DDs with very different requirements! AND I have MIL coming tomorrow and no food in the house, was going to do supermarket shop today. AND I'm knackered. This is after a day of visits on Sunday which included DSDs birthday so me, overweight and dribbly of breast, on best behaviour at DSDs house with DH's exgirlfriend and parents, family friends etc.

Ok, moan over. I mean, this 'bit' doesn't last long, does it - they grow up fast and next thing I'll be missing the newborn bit...

Anyway, aside from me me me ... glad DS2 is ok, wild - how come blue, was that just from a crying fit? scarey stuff! And CONGRATS on the doctor entitlement! flowers and wine.

ice how are things for you - loved the pic of DS4 on facebook with pudding! How is he getting on?

Hope alls well with everyone else!

WildeRumpus Tue 11-Jun-13 16:23:51

boo you poor thing, really sounds like you have your hands full atm. Ds1 couldn't be put down either so you have my sympathies but yes, it will pass. Newborns can be such hard work! Hope dd3 doesn't have colic and whatever ails her passes quickly. Sending you lots of wine! Can you do an online shop? How long is mil over for? Hope she can help take some of the strain for you.

Yes, he cried himself blue. He wasn't crying for long! Scary stuff. Am paranoid now.

Love that pic too ice!

booboomonster Wed 19-Jun-13 11:07:09

hello! sorry for such a delay in responding. It's all rather time consuming isn't it?!!

Anyway, things have improved a bit. Nappy rash has cleared up (with help of thrush cream) and DD3 seems in a better mood, although she has now caught second cold thanks to DD2 who had a temperature all last week together with nasty cold and cough and insists on hugging and kissing baby effusively!

She has also had good sleeps in the crib, and in the buggy so at least I get some hands free time (it's so hot for the sling at the mo!). She also seems to settle reasonably well come the evening, and isn't up too much in the night (although it's all a blur to me!).

The good news is that she is now up to 12lbs3 so had a big weight gain, so that's a relief!

The difficult bit is making sure the others get enough attention, tbh, not quite sure I am achieving that.

The next challenge is DH is away from Friday to Sunday. It's going to be interesting!!

How is everyone else getting on?

icequeenkate Fri 21-Jun-13 12:30:00

First tooth!!!!shock

My baby is growing up ... 5 months tomorrow.winewinewine <and a sneaky biscuit or two biscuitwink>

booboomonster Fri 21-Jun-13 14:37:02

Hurrah for first tooth - wow 5 months already, time is flying!
Definitely cause for a drink or few!
X

WildeRumpus Sat 22-Jun-13 10:04:40

Teeth ice wow. And can't believe he is 5 months already!

Congrats on the weight gain boo. Glad she is quite settled too smile. And altho it is germ spreading is lovely your weans are bonding so happily. Yay! Hope all getting better?

Sis coming to stay Mon to Fri as dh is away... Love her but she can be hard work. Dreading it a bit but who knows, could be fun.

Boo look after yourself when dh is away won't you! Hardest thing is getting time to eat I find.

Biccies and cafe au lait for all!

icequeenkate Thu 27-Jun-13 20:04:27

Hellloooooo? <echoes in here, is so quiet)

Everyone ok? Please say yes?!

I have something to say: breast feeding a 5 mth old with a new tooth bloody hurts. DS4 has discovered biting. confused

And he's on breakfast and lunch. Insatiable. It'll be MacD's next if I don't watch him... He's being baptised on Sunday - I bet he lunges for the cake!grin Did that last week - was consuming a sneaky scone and jam with my coffee with DS4 on my lap, next thing I knew he'd face planted in it and was licking jam from his lips!

brew and biscuit for all.

WildeRumpus Sat 29-Jun-13 13:25:09

Good luck tomorrow ice! Hope you not too tired out organising. And teeth and bf no fun till they learn not to, so nervewracking.

All ok here, both dcs lovely! Ds2 just coming thru a very narky spell courtesy of a growth spurt. Such fussing and grizzling unless we sat in near silence for hours. Hmmm.

How was your time without dh boo? Hope you coped ok. My sis didn't come down in the end but we did ok while my dh was away. Alive anyway!

Got diagnosed with pnd yesterday at my 6 week check. Got some tabs and counselling lined up... Feel much better that I owned up and Dr believed me tho the tabs make me feel a bit woo. Eck.

Hope you all well, wave to snow and chandelier
x

icequeenkate Sat 29-Jun-13 13:45:08

Wilde - sorry to hear about the pnd, but well done you for opening up to the dr and getting it sorted early. Here's to getting things back on track again - in spite if the 'woo' tablets!!

smile For everyone else too.

Sunny day here - forecast good for tomorrow too - will chuck everyone outside and feed them the copious quantities of strawberries I'm currently hulling...

Sheldonella Mon 01-Jul-13 09:41:34

Hello, long time no post! Life has been quite hectic, but in a good way smile I'm loving this motherhood malarkey but where did all my time go?

Things are going very well here, I can't believe my baby is almost 4 months old already but she suddenly seems very grown up. She now chatters constantly and properly plays with her toys, it is adorable. Unfortunately she has been suffering from a stomach bug this past week so I'm stuck in the house a bit but we have been out in the garden in the lovely sunshine so I'm not complaining smile

wilde Sorry to hear about the PND but glad you are getting the care you need for it. thanks

ice The tooth appearance is both fab and scary! I think this is imminent here as DD is constantly chewing her fingers and dribbling. Bit scared of the biting. Hope Sunday went well!

snow and chandelier I hope all is well.

icequeenkate Sun 07-Jul-13 21:12:47

Hi girls - I need your advice?

DS4 is desperate for food. He's grabbing it from our plates and shoving it in his mouth. I'd decided to do baby led weaning, supplemented by a bit of fruit purée. But over the last few days under his chin(s) he's developed a rash. Today it's got really sore (he's itching it), and seems to be spreading down his chest, and his arms too. It looks really sore. Am worried that he's allergic.sad He's eaten brown toast, croissant, smoked salmon, scrambled egg etc Looked it up on Internet and apparently I shouldn't have given him any of those.

I've given him 2.5ml of piriton (on dr advice).

Boo, Snow and Wilde - (Sheldon - you may not know cos you are on DC1 smile) any knowledge you can pass on? Please?

Or is it just heat rash? wink

worrying never stops no matter how many kids you pop out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now