Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduates of the wine-and-shagging-after-mc thread come hither! ..again!

(96 Posts)
icequeenkate Wed 29-May-13 17:40:19

There's more....again...
Seeing as practically all of us have now got our babies, here is a new(ish) home to carry on chatting and waiting for those final babies to pop out! Today we are pregnant or have a baby! grin

icequeenkate Wed 29-May-13 17:40:49

Nearly wine o'clock.....

WildeRumpus Wed 29-May-13 18:47:24

Oooh shiny new thread smile exciting thanks ice!

Hope everyone is well?! My baby is still super lush and chilled but am still pretty hormonal. Hv came over today and I cried all over her which is all.rather embarrassing.She is back next week to see if I have perked up any. She knows about my history of.anxiety and depression so seems keen to keep an eye on me tho I.feel silly about it all. we agreed that I am most likely just a wee bit lonely atm what with moving and all so am armed with a list of baby groups to explore after half term... Would love to make some friends! Was so easy with ds1 as I had my antenatal group.

Hope everyone's babies are thriving, that you are blooming snow and you are ok chandelier smile

Still feel somewhat haunted by the loss of.chucklemonster. I wonder what happened?

booboomonster Thu 30-May-13 18:08:09

Found you!! Back soon to post.

WildeRumpus Thu 30-May-13 20:31:34

Omg. The baby wont stop feeding! He's been more on than off for about five hours now. I had quite forgotten about this. Eek!

icequeenkate Fri 31-May-13 20:01:36

Evening all!

Just had a lovely lovely day celebrating DS1's 9th birthday - he had such a great day, and DH and I were so pleased to see him with his friends.

Anyway, am incredibly lucky to have such a great family. Just ordered a take away with my bestest oldest friend and her DH who are struggling to conceive dc1.sad. Am most fortunate.

Have a good weekend all. wine [curry emoticon] wink

icequeenkate Fri 31-May-13 20:03:33

Ps Wilde - glad you mentioned worries to HV. MUCH better to flag them than bury them.

Pps - also love that snuggling time with tiny babies when they feed loads.

icequeenkate Sat 01-Jun-13 14:20:46

Wilde - just seen your FB post. Baby pox! Poor little chap. At least it isn't too hot so hopefully he won't get too itchy. Can you check to see if he can have calpol if his temp goes up? Bless him.

Good luck over next 48 hrs. brew, more brew and some biscuit.

WildeRumpus Sat 01-Jun-13 19:01:00

Aw thanks ice. Am in hosp with him atm, rang drs to check is ok for a newbie to.have pox and so sent here. May have to stay in if they give him a drip of abs sad gutted.

On a positive note tho have stopped my daily crying so was probably hormonal and just normal life stuff. Phew!

And ice that cake for.your ds looked amazing! Amazing!Wantsomeneedsome smile. Hope he had an.ace day!

Ds2 has put on a lb in 6 days?! Feeding monster smile yes snuggles are yummy indeedy.

icequeenkate Sat 01-Jun-13 19:43:51

Oh Wilde. Thinking of you and little DS2. Will be fine. Let us know how he is in the morning? < potters round worrying >

WildeRumpus Sat 01-Jun-13 20:06:58

Ah we busted out of hospital smile I decided that after three hours of listening to another newborn cry his heart out there was no way I was sleeping there sad so the registrar can call us if we are needed to go back in but we are ok to keep an eye on him ourselves for now. Thank goodness we piped up because the Dr was saying she won't see the reg (who we have been waiting on since half five) till after 9.30. Nightmare.

Picking up ds and home for takeaway asap.

Taking your wean to hosp is so stressful isn't it? He is fine tho yay smile smile

icequeenkate Sat 01-Jun-13 20:50:53

Good. Hate hospitals.

Hope you have a peaceful night - the advantage of co-sleeping!!

WildeRumpus Sat 01-Jun-13 22:43:22

Feck. Hospital rang we have to go in. Probably for ten bloody days sad

Completely gutted. Never stayed in hospital before. Baby will have a drip sad hospitals give me the chills never mind being on a ward with really sick crying babies. Wish me luck!

icequeenkate Sat 01-Jun-13 22:51:46

Oh bloody hell. hmmsad

Perhaps if he is only slightly spotty, they might let you out sooner? Oh gosh. Wilde, keep him on the boob as much as possible!! You will both be fine. Good luck, and please keep us updated. Big cuddle for DS2 (and DS1).

WildeRumpus Sun 02-Jun-13 02:33:03

Aw thanks ice. He is very spotty now! Ds1 had to go to grandma's at 11 and me and ds2 are now in our room at the hosp. He has a cannula in and is being given retro vitals (sp?!) And now.finally I think we can sleep. Feel better now we here and sort ofsettled in... 10 days tho. I will.miss my home and personal chaos so much! Anyway. Ds2 is being looked after and that is what matters.

Night smile

booboomonster Sun 02-Jun-13 09:42:34

Just read up on here - oh no wild poor you! Hope DS2 is ok, what a bummer about hospital - I didn't realise it was necessary for chicken pox. Hopefully it will be less than 10 days? 5 days did my head in - I still feel like an escaped prisoner! Sorry that prob doesn't make u feel any better. Hope it goes fast, and at least u know DS2 is safe.
Will post more soon - just off for a nap now, had first bad night with E feeding non stop and then bringing it back up.
I want to see the cake, ice!!?

WildeRumpus Sun 02-Jun-13 11:01:31

I want to eat the cake! Craving choccy cake...

Ds2 is fine thank you boo! He is just fine. Sleeps, eats, sleeps, cuddles etc etc. Very poxy and has his drip in but he doesnt seem to notice. This is the essence of ds2 tho. Surrounded by drama while he.is in ignorant bliss smile.

Bugger to hear about your tiring night. Bringing feeds back up is rubbish. Ds2 is doing that when my letdown is particularly strong which atm is is often poor thing. Hope feeding going ok otherwise? Have a lovely nap smile

icequeenkate Sun 02-Jun-13 12:07:50

Cake went! grin In about 5 minutes, devoured by 10 chocoholic 9 yr old boys.... Sorry! biscuit???

WildeRumpus Sun 02-Jun-13 13:53:40

Just bought loads of maltesers to mitigate cake lust. Did.you get a look in on.your sweetie masterpiece ice?

Consultant says ds2 doing really well and so we can go home day after tomorrow hopefully and give him drugs orally.

Hoo bloody raaaaaaay!!!

My sil and niece have also been infected. Is like 28 days later round my gaff...

Thanks for the love peeps, has really helped smile

Such a gorgeous day outside!

icequeenkate Sun 02-Jun-13 18:34:23

DS4 has just rolled over to reach something. Quite deliberately. He'll be a teenager next!

Wilde -yay for good news about getting out of hospitals and back home. Well done you and DS2. Phew, indeed. grin

Where's everyone gone? Had super dooper day at Frinton today - meeting up with friends currently residing in the US. Was great!

Back to school tomorrow. Will miss my big boys.

Hi everyone! Lost you for a while - now I'm back smile

31 weeks tomorrow - 9 more to go. Feeling exhausted - iron levels have dropped so taking mega yuck iron tablets and trying to get stuff done. Taken today off work cos have a bloody cold of all things - more than ready for no. 2 to make their entrance but trying v hard to be patient lol

LOVE all the pics of these gorgeous newborns you lucky ladies keep having over on fb btw! Hope you're all doing very well xxx

icequeenkate Mon 03-Jun-13 13:54:21

Hi Snow - apricots! Full of iron (and they counteract the digestive effects of iron tabletswinkwink)

WildeRumpus Mon 03-Jun-13 14:00:54

Ooh ice well done ds4! smile

I would refuse to go to school today, the weather is magnificent! Sadly am in baby jail but did get to take ds1 to the hospital park for five mins before being called back to see to the poxy milk monster. Twas lush.

Yo snow 31 weeks! Wow! Low iron tho boo. You have been thru it this pregnancy you poor thing! Has the pukiness gone yet?

Laters, little bubs needs more milk. More!

ice - a friend of mine is also pg at the min and shes been emailing me loads of stuff about eating dates for a smoother delivery - they taste pretty foul to me but im experimenting with hiding them in smoothies etc lol Guess i should also add dried apricots to my shopping list too!

wilde - im back in work invigilating exams today & its perfect exam weather out there! Just a half day tho so shd see some sunshine this afternoon - tho getting a bit tired&puffy to enjoy the heat but I can potter in garden with DS and hav an uce lolly anyway...plus i can get some washing out in the line. Bonus lol Glad your little bubs is hungry and thriving! Pukiness is mostly gone for me now so I expect that with less puking and less mobility thanks to spd i'll be a whale shortly. I'll post a bump pic on fb group so you can all NOT miss being pg grin

icequeenkate Wed 05-Jun-13 20:29:22

Wilde - how you and DS2?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now