Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September mums-to-be - the bumps get bigger and we all get more excited!

(1000 Posts)
HettySunshine Tue 28-May-13 20:04:10

Here we are ladies. A shiny new thread for us all. Let the chatting continue!

herewego2 Mon 01-Jul-13 15:35:49

Thanks for your kind messages re: car accident. Starting to feel normal and stopping thinking about it every 5 mins.
Very reassuring to hear about tiredness and hormonal behaviour, tick to a that. Sleeping well for me is the key to all of this and if I don't get it I think my DH dreads coming home from work cos I'll find something to snap about. If I've had sleep the whole house is like the blinking Waltons. I try so hard not to be like that but quite often fail. Yep, Badguider I like the title of the new thread, its def how I feel now XXXX

badguider Mon 01-Jul-13 12:45:50

Actually mooster the real sling afficionados really slate the babybjorn!! We've been given one and I've had sooo many negative comments... try googling a bit, people say they put the baby's legs in a bad position.. but as far as I can work out, that's mainly when they're a bit bigger and outward facing so I'm going to use ours at first for inward facing (cause it's free) and then think about buying one that's more hip/leg friendly for when he's bigger.

badguider Mon 01-Jul-13 12:43:48
kimjayne Mon 01-Jul-13 12:36:25

Mooster, we weren't sure how often we would use a carrier so didn't want to splash out on a BabyBjorn unless needed. They are pretty expensive like you say! We went to the Babyshow in Birmingham and used it as s chance to try out a few carriers (ease of fastening etc). We found the Babies R Us range quite good and reasonable price. I ended up buying this one - http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Carriers/Flip-ThreeWay-Carrier(0085027)?searchPosition=1

It was easy to use and it's quite handy because it's 3-way! So you can have it with baby facing you, facing away and/or baby on your back!

Mooster1709 Mon 01-Jul-13 11:47:03

Morning all, and welcome Purple!

Had my 32 week appt at hospital today and everything looks normal, which is nice. Turns out baby is head down after all, even though it really doesn't feel like it. Was also reassured that pointy tummy completely normal, so will stop stressing about it...

ahh, Kim, poor you. Nothing worse than starting the week with a bad night's sleep flowers.

ION I went through some of the stuff we've been given by a friend this weekend, and realised that the bouncy chair is missing a leg. So now think will buy one - everyone seems to rave about the BabyBjorn, but it's expensive, even on ebay - any thoughts/experience here?

JammyTummy Mon 01-Jul-13 11:45:50

Can someone who is on their compute make us a new thread? We're about to run out!

Totally agree with the tiredness and emotional outbursts! Was welling up yesterday when my dog stood on a snail and killed it... Such a murderer...

DMIL bought us some nice new bits for the baby, they were so little and cute I started sniffling, eyes watering. DH laughs, which doesn't bloody help, but DMIL snaps "Oh shut up!" at me, which not only stopped my sniffles, but made me laugh too. I love that woman! grin

frogchops Mon 01-Jul-13 10:20:02

Kimjayne.... I went to the toilet (bear with it, it gets marginally better) and DP was hiding (he claims he wasn't hiding) behind the corner when I came out. Made me jump, I screamed and continued to cry for a good hour. Later on completely accidentally he dropped the tv remote on my foot. I cried again for most of the night. We are going away for the week today, and last night I cried uncontrollably at the thought of my last non mommy holiday. DP laughs at me now which obv makes it worse...but I can't blame him confused

kimjayne Mon 01-Jul-13 09:41:35

Sorry to be such a moaner on a Monday morning! x

kimjayne Mon 01-Jul-13 09:40:32

Bllleeuughhhh sad
Feeling rubbish and hormonal today. I woke up around 4:30am and couldn't get back off to sleep. Not sure if baby was lay in a funny position but I had some terrible pains up my back. Also, felt like baby was twitching every few seconds. Quite jerky kicks in the same spot constantly for 40 or 50 mins solid.
As a result I am in a really strange mood today. Got really teary and emotional with DH over the smallest/pettiest thing as I was leaving the house. After that I literally stood at a cash point crying! ... quite bloody ridiculous! Had to snap myself back out of it.
Anyone else starting to feel exhausted now? And irrationally sad/emotional?

jennimoo Mon 01-Jul-13 09:22:02

The 26.95 kit assumes you have nappy bucket and wet bag. I would take the wipes out and about dry though and run under the tap then pop in wet bag with nappy. HTH. I want a set now ;)

jennimoo Mon 01-Jul-13 09:19:18

I think if you read about the different sets it'll tell you. You won't need a pot for dirties, you just pop them in the nappy bucket, and I think they do a set to allow for this.

HettySunshine Mon 01-Jul-13 08:00:26

That's interesting jenni, I plan on using disposable nappies for the first couple of weeks (just while I'm getting into the swing of things) and then move to reusables after that. So do you think I just need the smaller pack? I'm such a newbie! smile

jennimoo Mon 01-Jul-13 07:47:51

Hope it's all ok hetty. I'm so tempted by the cheeky wipes but with DD didn't give in and used microfibre dusters and plain old Tupperware very successfully. If you're planning cloth nappies you wouldn't need the whole cheeky wipes kit though.

I'm feeling slightly more organised now. Although nothing's ready I've got out and washed my unisex baby clothes from last time, as well as the carseat cover, moses basket liners and buggy. I've bought maternity pads and some other bits for the bags. So although I may not actually have anything reassembled / packed I'm very close! And 32 weeks today!

HettySunshine Mon 01-Jul-13 07:40:01

Eek, I have my follow up consultant appointment this morning after my bleed a couple of weeks ago. Dp can't come with me so I have to try and remember all my questions myself. And she is a bit scary. And they told me to be prepared for a wait. And I'm worried I might cry.

I think I will have to console myself by buying these when I get home:

www.cheekywipes.com/baby-wipes-kit/baby-wipes-kit.html

I think I'll be looking into belly wrapping. If it's going to get me back to me sooner it's worth a try. I actually find corsets quite comfortable though. grin Got a midwife appt today, so I'll ask her what she thinks about it. Is anyone else getting a lot more belly pains? I seem to be in pain with them all the time, and rolling over in bed is a nightmare.

We ordered our car seat today too...taking advantage of the extra 15% off at Kiddicare :-) shopping list is pretty much done now!

purplemurple1 Sun 30-Jun-13 19:37:17

Hi All,

I'm new to the site, and due on the 7th Sept - so nice to find other people at the same stage.
I've done most of my shopping as I'm in the middle of Sweden and its much cheaper to order from the UK than by locally. Just the setting up to do now as its all piled up in the spare room in boxes.

Can't imagine sitting around in postnatal control underwear (i assume thats what the belly wraps are?) sounds very uncomfortable, give me my PJ's any day - if visitors mind my belly hanging out thats their problem. grin

RunningBear78 Sun 30-Jun-13 18:40:21

We bought a car seat! Oh my god, I am so excited, feels like a nod to the fact that this little bear is going to actually turn into a little baby!!!! We ended up going for the maxi cosi cabriofix, with a base that you belt in. Kiddicare was amazing, so much stuff! Had a good look at a few choices and that seemed to suit our car and needs. And it was red, and quite cheap by comparison to other stuff out there. The bases are amazing, they are so secure for the seats I would definitely recommend them.

Had a lovely surprise weekend away, surprising in that the b&b I booked was next to an amazing national trust property and gorgeous village so spent the day there unplanned! Had a lovely snooze in the park gardens under a tree, I think outdoor afternoon snoozes are my favourite perk of being pregnant :D

badguider Sun 30-Jun-13 13:01:01

I'm really not sure about the belly wrapping - it says supported by obstetricians and physios but then there are no quotes from any on the site.
I suspect it would encourage laziness in the muscles around the trunk including the lower back... I know you have to be quite careful when supporting sports injuries that you don't just end up with muscle wastage and I would imagine this is similar. Maybe if you had bad spd and were already wearing a bump support during pregnancy or if you really feel you need the lower back support... but for losing fluid weight, shrinking the uterus and muscle recovery I am sceptical....

frogchops Sun 30-Jun-13 12:15:44

Hmmmm interesting those belly wraps, does look like I'd end up taking it off though, looks uncomfortable I think. Good idea if they work though

Re:babygrows, I bought the set of 3 sheep ones from next for 'hospital/going home...also got the set of 3 coordinating hats....too cute.

Apparently it's what the celebs do...it sounds sensible, but wondering whether the reality is just really uncomfortable...

http://www.vespaandtheladybird.co.uk/

frogchops Sun 30-Jun-13 11:28:46

Mooster, asda have some nice lemon baby grows, and next have a lovely section with white/cream 'counting sheep' babygrow/vests in it. Im not a fan of bright coloured ones, I'd like my boy in baby pastel stuff for as long as possible, they grow too quick! Hence I had to ban DP from buying the newborn Spider-Man babygrow. hmm

jennimoo Sun 30-Jun-13 11:22:18

I've got some babygros from sainsburys that have bright coloured patterns, in the boys section. I recommend them as they have integrated scratch mits: good for stopping scratching but also keeping little hands warm when it's just a tad chilly.

This thread is not accepting new messages.