Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sloths, slugs and heffalump bumps-july13

(974 Posts)

Hope this works

dinkystinky Tue 28-May-13 22:59:05

Beginning - how exciting, fingers crossed all goes well with you. Keep us posted.

Emblosin posted on fb - she had her baby (a 6lber) yesterday at 5 after a fast spontaneous labour. So that's two babies in our group and we aren't even in June yet!

IcingTheCake Wed 29-May-13 07:15:05

beginning oooh how exciting! Hope you got on okay last night, do we have newborn snuggles today i wonder? smile
Im on my phone so i cant name check but the lady with the itching, im so glad youve been diagnosed now! Takes away a little frustration ill bet!
Been getting a sharp pain in the top of my bump, like i have a thorn there, always the same place and its getting worse each day, does anybody know what it could be? GP was v dismissive about it.
Hope everyone is keeping well, no more surprise babies!! smile
32+4

MrsRoss26 Wed 29-May-13 07:38:05

Blimey good luck beginning! grin

SilverBirdie Wed 29-May-13 07:56:16

Morning all. Just going to catch up on what I missed last week when we were on holiday. Had such a lovely week and lots of help with Ds which was very welcomed. His sleep has got ridiculous though and still isn't settling in his new bedroom though the sharks seem to have disappeared now so I'll wait to hear what it is that's scaring him this time sad

I am getting some brutal movements and kicks... Don't remember Ds being this mean but he probably didn't have enough room grin
Think I'm about 33 weeks confused and seeing mw next week so will discuss vbac options again. Still not sure what to do.
We're totally sorted for clothes now. At the last count I got 26 0-3 babygros/rompers and none bought by us. I think we have even more little dresses. If anyone is a Hello Kitty fan you're welcome to some hand me downs.... Just shout.
But..... We've still got no moses or car seat so feel a shopping trip coming on. The pram is at the end of our bed at the mo..... This house is stupidly chaotic as we're converting the garage to an office for Dh so everything that was out there is now inside. I'm going crazy surrounded by mountain bikes and random man shit tools.

Sorry to blab on about us..... Going for a catch up now

Hai1988 Wed 29-May-13 09:26:55

Hey morning all, just catching up on the thread ain't checked in a while being lazy, fb is just easier.

Very exciting beginning good luck and try to keep us posted smile

Im just fed up now, so uncomfortable and having restless nights sleep which are apparently keeping dh awake now.

Wanna get house organized not only for baby but cud be moving soon if my housing association gets a wriggle on, no idea if were gonna be able to move before due date or have to wait till after atm, which is a bit stressful but trying to not let it bother me.

Pretty much done all my shopping and ready for Lil one, just gotta get steriliser which best friend has kindly offered to get me smile
Hospital bag all packed and ready to go, just gotta wait for the arrival now, might keep myself occupied by washing all the hand me down clothes today.

Hope everyone's well
33-5

Abzs Wed 29-May-13 11:17:03

Icing I have that sort of pain too, sharp and in the top above my tummy button. I've been getting it for a few weeks. Seems to be occurring with BH or Small stretching out. No explanation for it here either, even though I mentioned it when I was in the hospital.

Beginning Best of luck. Hope you are all okay.

I've had yet another fluff for brains moment. My CD of inspection photos that I need to finish my work this week is currently in DH's laptop on a rig a couple of miles from the Norwegian border.

IcingTheCake Wed 29-May-13 11:34:24

silverbirdie hope your ds starts sleeping better soon, it could be something in his diet? If i ate anything sugary after about 6pm i would sleep terribly as a kid

hai i hope your housing gets sorted out soon, must be a pita sorting it all out last minute, just relax with lots of chocolate!

abz yeah i think mine is when shes stretching or getting squashed but mines only an inch or two under my bra line, super high, strange

photographerlady Wed 29-May-13 12:02:50

Good luck Beginning and keep us posted!

Abzs can your DH email you the photos??

I figured it was about time we started to do something about the fact that we're moving house on Saturday, so I chucked a load of clothes into a box before I left for work this morning. I get the feeling it's not going to be a very organised move.....

SilverBirdie Wed 29-May-13 13:29:55

Icing I hadn't thought of that blush
We are quite strict with food but its easy as he's not fussy and loves veg but it was my birthday yesterday and he helped me through my cake! I will definitely keep a check and watch/hope for some improvements.
He does drink fresh apple juice not water which was essential when he was being treated for Plagiocephaly as he dehydrated so quickly so I might water the last cup of the day down even more.

Can I join the FB group pleeeeeease? smile

Cheeseandbread Wed 29-May-13 13:33:48

Congratulations Emblosin and good luck Beginning!

Dinky your massage sounded lovely. I hope you are having a nice time in Dorset. I know someone else is in Dorset too but am on phone and can't scroll back- hope you are having fun too. I love Dorset/ all those nice walks along the coast hunting for fossils.

Silver I get some big kicks too sometimes.

I had a trip to the day assessment unit yesterday after my midwife appointment. I've been feeing a bit damp down below recently, more than usual, and mentioned this to the midwife who sent me along to get checked out. They monitored bean's heartbeat and had a little look down below but no waters were leaking- they did a swab to be sure. I was impressed with how quickly they saw me.

32+4

paolocee Wed 29-May-13 13:39:44

Greetings ladies, long time no speak - I treat this place like a hotel etc etc.

Slight worry with OH. The Two Ronnies are doing fine but we had a regular midwife visit this morning in which they discovered - out of the blue - that OH had high-ish blood pressure (140/90) and has protein in her urine. They're concerned that it may be preeclampsia. So am I - she usually has ludicrously low blood pressure.

We're going in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning (on her 40th birthday!) - why I'm not sure. Any ideas, thoughts?

paolocee Wed 29-May-13 13:40:13

She's 33 weeks on the money, BTW

notprincesskate Wed 29-May-13 14:01:17

Afternoon paolocee sorry to hear that your OH is showing signs of pre-eclampsia. My guess for the scan would be that they want to check the growth as PET can cause growth retardation, they may also look at how well the placenta(s) are functioning. 33 weeks is great tho especially for two. Fingers crossed for some positive news tomorrow. You can look at the NICE guidelines to get some idea of what they might do next, but might not be relevant for you, as your in Sweden right.
Hope all goes well.

paolocee Wed 29-May-13 14:10:52

Thanks princesskate. what would constitute good news in this situation? Would they be ready at 33 weeks? They're around 1.9kgs each.

Abzs Wed 29-May-13 14:21:12

Totally No! There's probably 1000+ photos of bits of building details covering a mansion house and its estate. I don't know which ones I need until I realise I don't have a particular detail drawn and have to check it. He's posting it though, assuming there's post going on a flight in the right direction today.

notprincesskate Wed 29-May-13 14:43:31

That sounds like a good size especially for two. I can only speak from my own experience and knowledge I gained from that, I'm not an expert on pre eclampsia by any means!. I would say obviously the best news is that its a false alarm, and if not then bloods etc that are likely to be taken show that its just mild, which would likely mean admittance to hospital for monitoring and then to keep the two ronnies cooking for as long as possible, I believe 2-3 weeks is about average, which would get you to 35/36 weeks, which would be fantastic.- in my situation I ad protein and high BP at 28/29 weeks, got admitted for observation and eventually delivered by emcs at 31, DD weighed 1.5kg, the plan was always to get me to 34weeks, but kidney function started to fail and baby showing signs of distress so they popped her out, 5 weeks in SCBU- mostly for feeding/putting on weight.
Not trying to scare you just give you a balance of what might happen, I'm 34 weeks now, ave had one scare with protein in urine, to which they said basically not to worry I'm pretty much cooked just a bit smaller and they would deliver now if need be......DH was also born at 34 weeks, also a twin they both weighed around the 2kg mark, with no problems 34 years ago.
It is an anxious time, but you (as in your OH and babies) are almost home and dry.

notprincesskate Wed 29-May-13 14:45:17

Oh should stay she is likely to get steroid injections to help mature babies lungs, that can sting a bit!

IcingTheCake Wed 29-May-13 14:45:19

silver might be worth keeping an eye on smile my parents took a while to clock on with me because it wasnt obvious sugars iykwim? Ill pm youmy name if you add me on fb i can add you to group smile

paolocee Wed 29-May-13 15:29:20

Thanks again notprincesskate. Wow, that sounds daunting. So much for her birthday plans....

Sashabella0 Wed 29-May-13 15:45:14

Exciting news from some of our ladies. Can't believe babies have stared arriving already.

I had some very sad news. My grandad who brought me up died on Saturday. The family live 300 miles away from me and DH and I were driving up when we got the news. He came back down to London on Monday and I'm currently in a train coming back to London now. Will have to travel back up north for the funeral next week. I've taken great comfort from the fact it was quick and dignified. He leaves behind my nana they were married for 61 years.
Quite an achievement!

I'm still going to the festival on Friday. I need to keep busy and he would have wanted me to enjoy myself. Right need to think happy thoughts as I'm now in tears.

Cheeseandbread Wed 29-May-13 18:52:08

Sasha so sorry about your grandad. Thinking of you xx

BB01 Wed 29-May-13 19:12:45

Sorry to hear about the complications Paolocee. Don't have any advice I'm afraid but do let us all know what happens.

Sasha so sorry to hear about your grandad. Must be really difficult for you and I'm sure even more so if he brought you up. Agree he'd want to you to go to the festival so hope you enjoy it and it takes your mind off it for a while

Thinkingof4 Wed 29-May-13 19:15:02

emblosion congratulations! Can't believe we have another baby!

beginning good luck, keep us posted

princess thanks for new thread and hope the itching is a bit better

sasha sorry to hear your sad news, it's good you have other plans to keep you busy

abzs how frustrating, hurry up postie!

paolo hope tomorrow goes ok and your wife is still able to enjoy her birthday.

dinky hope you are having good weather on your holiday

notprincess good news re no protein!

Well I now only have 1 day left to work, and given that I have stinking cold and feel dreadful it can't come soon enough! Only a half day too, on Friday (day off tomorrow). I think vinegar and photographer finish this week too? Plus someone else maybe? blush
I will have to do some baking tomorrow to take into work on Friday as it seems to be the done thing here if you are leaving- which is great as it means steady supply of cakes which I will really miss when I finish. Actually there are lots of things I will miss about work but its definitely the right time to stop as I'm a heffalump, very breathless and clumsy ++ which is not a great combination really!

35+1

MrsMillions Wed 29-May-13 20:25:40

Paolo - Thinking took the words out of my mouth (or my fingers), fingers crossed for tomorrow for you all and happy birthday to your DP.

Sasha - so sorry about your Grandad, but wow at the length of his marriage. Am sure it will be tough for you all but remember the happy times with him, and hopefully in a few weeks your new arrival will give everyone a happier focus.

I'm tired and achey this evening so very glad I've only got tomorrow to work before holiday. Bit concerned about the final 5-day week when I get back but think late starts might be the best way around it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now