Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 - Thread 3 (Danger: Due to the influence of pregnancy hormones I could either burst into tears or kill you in the next 5 minutes.... You have been warned!

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Tue 21-May-13 22:31:27

Thread three... Rock and Roll......

Frogcatcher Tue 04-Jun-13 19:47:12

I had a private 8 week scan today & everything hunky dory in there despite my lack of sickness! So cool to see little heartbeat. I was dated as 8+2. Anyway some good news this week compared to yesterday when I got told by work that my role in a satellite office wasn't working out & they were offering me a voluntary pay off. Great timing eh? Anyway I'm going to go back & say I'm pg (I don't think the bosses knew but a couple of colleagues did) & try & get more money. Not like I can just go out & get another job is it?! Lots of stress & tears yesterday.

Good luck tmrw Sultana & sympathy to all those with tinnitus! I just have sore boobs still!

I can't keep up! grin

Yay for the good scan news recently!

I'm eight weeks today! Have been having the tiiiiiiiniest bit of light brown spotting over the past couple of days, with some very light period type pains, but am remaining fairly calm – this is when my period would have been due, so I think that explains it. No red whatsoever, so not worrying unless I see some!

My boobs are just getting sorer and sorer though – they actually woke me up last night! Ouch! Have bought a couple of non-underwired bras today so hopefully they will be more comfy – might have to sleep in them if the pain continues.

Anyone else already showing?! I know that mine can't really be baby yet, as it's my first and I'm only eight weeks, but my tummy is massive – I must be so bloated! Can't do up any of my trousers because they're too tight on the waist.

Frizz1986 Tue 04-Jun-13 20:52:29

specific I am in the same boat as you spotting wise and I am 8+4 today. I however havent felt so calm. This is also my first and I guess I cant believe its real and am waiting for something to go wrong as am feeling so lucky right now.
I called my midwife office and they told me to keep an eye on it and if it continues call my gp and they may refer me just to make sure all is ok (am hoping i wont have to tho)

My boobs are a bit sore but not too bad (i am impatiently waiting for them to grow!) and think my growing belly is just those rich tea biscuits that help me with ms!

Sorry to hear that, Frizz - if the spotting continues I'll feel more stressed, but since it's so close to when I would expect my period if I wasn't pregnant, it just doesn't seem like it's a coincidence! I'm guessing it's around 'period' time for you too? <slips you an un-Mumsnetty hug> I'm optimistic we'll both be fine!

I am waiting for my boobs to grow too! grin

Sultanajo Tue 04-Jun-13 21:37:01

Thanks frog! Awesome news on your scan - not so awesome news on your job! So sorry hun - hope u can get more money out of them! angry

Sultanajo Tue 04-Jun-13 21:38:52

specific am very impressed with your rational thinking! I need to take a leaf out of your book! I got some Sloggi soft sleep bras - no way I could sleep without them! They are really sore when I turn over in bed! shock

MrsGSR Tue 04-Jun-13 21:53:40

I think I'm going to have to invest in some non wired bras. I keep putting it off but boobs have been very sore so will have to bite the bullet and shell out some money!

Sorry to hear about your job frog fingers crossed it all works out for the best!

frog grrr for your job. Read up on your rights at work now you're pg? I think they have to keep your job/equivalent open for you...

specific v impressed with your calm. Also I have MAHOOSIVE bazoongas and a GINORMOUS belly. I feel like Buddha! The non-underwired bras are amazing, and should help.

MrsAVB yep - POAS is my private scan! As long as the line keeps getting really dark v fast I'm feeling okay about bean being okay! I know the HCG levels drop after first trimester, but then i will have had a scan and hopefully will take that as reassurance grin

MrsAVB Tue 04-Jun-13 22:21:56

This evening I have been eating obscene amounts of salad cream, ah the joys of being pg and having an excuse to eat random things.
Just found out a family member is pg; obviously happy and it will be nice to have someone slightly ahead to steal clothes from but also feel like thunder has been stolen a bit. Oh well.
X

MrsGSR Tue 04-Jun-13 23:16:41

MrsAVB I know exactly what you mean about thunder being stolen! My SIL is 3 months ahead of me and I was a bit upset when I found out as I knew it was silly but I was worried my pregnancy would mean less? If that makes sense. The few people we've told have been very excited though so I'm not as worried now smile

MrsVDB Wed 05-Jun-13 07:43:35

humpty I'm with you on the Buddha look! Somehow being pg makes me think my pot belly is acceptable as it looks (about 6 months) pregnant..... Even though I'm only 6+4 so it can't be baby!!!

Sultanajo Wed 05-Jun-13 07:59:20

mrsvdb & humpty you are ladies after my own heart! Normally I would be looking at myself in the mirror feeling really depressed, but instead I am just excited about the changes that will happen (and have already happened!)

What an amazing revelation to be at peace with how I look. However, havent had to go anywhere particularly dressy, so my feelings could change very rapidly!!! wink

Sultanajo Wed 05-Jun-13 07:59:20

mrsvdb & humpty you are ladies after my own heart! Normally I would be looking at myself in the mirror feeling really depressed, but instead I am just excited about the changes that will happen (and have already happened!)

What an amazing revelation to be at peace with how I look. However, havent had to go anywhere particularly dressy, so my feelings could change very rapidly!!! wink

Sultanajo Wed 05-Jun-13 07:59:52

Arghhhh, stupid phone posting twice!

Frogcatcher Wed 05-Jun-13 08:26:55

When I was TTC (which took longer than I would have liked) my DP''s 18 yr old announced she was duffed & I was furious as felt like she was jumping the queue!. She's due next month so I'm just grateful that it will be public by then. I find it v unlikely that we'll do baby stuff together tho given the 18 yr age difference between us & she's a bit odd & wants to call her baby a v weird name!

Sultanajo Wed 05-Jun-13 08:38:33

Its so frustrating isnt it! Still, I am just trying to think that it is special to me and my DH and thats all that matters. Three people who came to our wedding last year soon announced they were preggers. One has just had her little one and the other two are due in the next couple of months. I cant help thinking I would have been due myself in a couple of months if it hadnt all gone wrong. However, I keep reminding myself that we are hopefully blessed with this January bubba and will be well worth the wait.....grin

Frogcatcher Wed 05-Jun-13 08:58:50

Sorry that should be 18 yr old niece! It would be weird if him & his daughter were having a child at same time! My SS is fortunately only 8!

chocoloulou33 Wed 05-Jun-13 09:09:27

Woo hoo we've nearly finished this thread! X

MrsAVB Wed 05-Jun-13 09:14:23

I know I'm being totally irrational and insecure but I just don't want to be compared to her/ them. They are younger, better off, and not in London, so I know family will see a contrast in our lifestyles. Plus she is totally gorgeous and judging by my current pasty and wan face I am not going to be a glowing preggo. Am totally happy with DH and my situation, where we live, what we earn etc but its just the other people comparing thing I know I'll find upsetting. DH thinks I'm being a total loon though.
Today has been a bad vomming morning too sad
X

Sultanajo Wed 05-Jun-13 09:26:23

Bless u mrsavb. Its really hard not to care what other people think and everyone has their opinion at the best of times. Its weird but I am suddenly feeling quite thick skinned and defiant (but thats this morning...by this afternoon that could easily change!)

Thought u would be happy the thread is nearly full choco wink

TobyLerone Wed 05-Jun-13 10:10:09

I'm happy the thread is nearly full. It's driving me crazy having 2 running!

chocoloulou33 Wed 05-Jun-13 11:09:28

Is thread WILL get filled today! X

MrsAVB Wed 05-Jun-13 11:12:51

Oh yes it will... smile

chocoloulou33 Wed 05-Jun-13 11:19:54

Full - yey x

This thread is not accepting new messages.