Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 - Thread 3 (Danger: Due to the influence of pregnancy hormones I could either burst into tears or kill you in the next 5 minutes.... You have been warned!

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Tue 21-May-13 22:31:27

Thread three... Rock and Roll......

LadySpencer Wed 22-May-13 10:30:58

Thanks catch and crunchy. I'm so happy I've found this forum, feel better already after hearing people's advice.

Think I'm finding it hard as I lost my mum in December and she would give me the reassurance I am craving in her own special way. This pregnancy wasn't planned at all so I keep trying to think it's meant to be, that now is the right time smile.

Don't mean to be depressing!

chocoholicalcoholic Wed 22-May-13 10:33:54

Aww bless you LadySpencer, so sorry to hear about your mum flowers

TobyLerone Wed 22-May-13 10:34:50

Excellent news, loulou smile

CatchAsCatchCan Wed 22-May-13 10:58:33

That must be really difficult, LadySpencer, especially as it sounds like you two were very close. flowers Don't worry about being depressing! We're all playing out our own private dramas in these early stages; it helps to know everyone else has fears and doubts too.

I have managed to get my mil to take as for a couple of hours today so I can sleep. I'm so tired!

I moved my private scan to 13 June, it's only two days earlier, but my dh couldn't make the 15th anymore. So I'll be 8+5 for the scan

Gobbolinothewitchscat Wed 22-May-13 11:26:46

Hi all - sorry Ive been AWOL - lots happening in real life

Congrats to everyone with good scan and thanks to those who have had bad news

I had my first midwife app today - she just laughed when she saw me grin. Got to wait for my booking in appointment now and then I'll get a scan date. We have a private scan on Saturday though.

DS being great and back to sleeping through from 7 - 7 so not feeling too bad. Well done to all of you at work. I'm finding it easier being at home with DS as I can have a little snooze when he does.

Healthy eating isn't going too well so thinking of trying slimming world. Am feeling rather guilty as just enjoyed a very nice skimmed latte and chocolate muffin with DS in Costa

Gobbolinothewitchscat Wed 22-May-13 11:31:07

Re prams - I've got a bugaboo donkey. My parents really kindly bought it for us. I'm very sentimental so I've had got a cam and then had to get another double pram, I would probably have cried!

DH suggested the donkey and I love it. Just didnt realise I'dhave to use it in dour mode so quickly

I also have a city mini jogger GT that I'll use as a buggy for this years holidays.

Morning! Checking in here.

pod WOW! Those pics are AMAZING! You have a real mini pea!

catch and sultana good luck this afternoon.

Vatta and Lady I got fuck all nothing from my GP apart from a referral to midwives, but that's because I live in the shittest area of London (when I went to have my coil out, they were SHOCKED that I didn't want other contraception, when I explained we were going to try for a baby, they were nonplussed. As if this has never happened in grotty old Newham. Probably hasn't.)

Toby sorry to hear your arm hurts, you probably need a brew and biscuit.

specific me too. Rage away, my friend. Tis good for the soul.

Sarah congrats on feeling sick... I think!

loulou yay for scan! I am starting to get jealous of all these scans. Must. Hold. Out. For. 12. Weeks....

Who was it who said they hadn't heard from midwives? I haven't either, so may also be chasing. I don't want to miss the window for the NT test at my scan, and I just know it's going to be inefficient and useless round here.

Also ragey here, and sicky feeling. Bleurgh.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Wed 22-May-13 11:36:17

Oh god - please ignore my awful spelling and punctuation

We should start a rage club. We could all sit in a corner and quietly hate everyone and everything from it.

We can turn it into a crying corner for as and when those hormones hit. I love being pregnant grin

Sultanajo Wed 22-May-13 11:45:58

Well after saying the rage had left me and I was just weeping at everything, the crying has suddenly gone and been replaced by RAGE again!!!! Frickin work - I could happily punch someone right now! Feel as though I am banging my head against a brick wall - very much losing patience! Fecks sake!!! So much petty shite going on and everything is soooo frustrating at the moment - thinking of investing in a punch bag!!!

Humpty I could feel the rage in your post. grin

Catch hope your scan goes well! x

Sultanajo Wed 22-May-13 11:48:02

Lady so glad you have found us too. flowers

Sarah yeay for the waves of nausea!

I would LOVE to be a SAHM for a while, but financially don't think that's gonna be an option. Hoping to take the full year off however!

MrsAVB Wed 22-May-13 12:00:22

loulou, yay for the scan date, exciting!
lady so sorry to hear about your mum, that must be really tough. Never worry about being depressing on here; we all have our turns and picking each other up is what the threads for.
Am WFH today... Think it's going to be a highly productive day on MN hmm.
Re. prams. Does anyone have any recommendations that are good on public transport and light for carrying up stairs. Yup, lucky me!
X

LittlePeaPod Wed 22-May-13 12:01:47

Sorry ladies. At work, on phone and no chance to catch up. Just sat in toilet cubicle trying desperately to wake up. I have a two hour meeting at 12 with a load of technical people. This tirdness is getting worse by the day. Is anyone else suffering from extreme exhaustion from the second they wake up?

Rant over. [Sad]

enjoying and sultana we are the queens of rage. I like the idea of a rage club. I also have the weepy hormones already. Isn't it FUN? DH walks on eggshells around me, poor lamb!

sultana I know what you mean about petty - I want to SCREAM at them (my work/visitors at work etc) 'I HAVE BIGGER THINGS TO THINK ABOUT THAN YOUR NONSENSE SO BE A LOVE AND FECK OFF, EH', but I don't. I just think it. And say it with my eyes.

MrsGSR Wed 22-May-13 12:05:08

Lady sorry to hear about your mum, I lost mine in Jan so have an idea of how your feeling, mine was a nurse and all of the family turned to her for advice when they were pregnant/had small children, so without this forum I'd be very lost!

Talking of prams, I've fallen in love with the Jane Trider. It's very expensive, but so pretty!

Lady keep meaning to say - also sorry to hear your mum isn't with you anymore. I can't imagine it, so do use us to chat to instead, if that helps?

MrsG which Jane Trider? I like them ALL!

TobyLerone Wed 22-May-13 12:16:34

Oooh, that Jané Trider looks nice. I have added it to my secret Baby Stuff Pinterest.

TobyLerone Wed 22-May-13 12:17:38

This is the one I mean. I just googled. I didn't know there were different ones blush

MrsGSR Wed 22-May-13 12:19:03

I'm not sure, I didn't know there were different ones! I like it in 'graphite' with the strata car seat, transporter 2 carry cot and the normal seat unit. The Strata and transporter have got good safety ratings on which. When we thought we might be having twins the only downside I could think of was I'd have to chose a different pram!

Penny31 Wed 22-May-13 12:20:40

Hi chatterboxes!

Sorry you have lost your mums mrsg and lady xxx

This morning I have no symptoms. I think I get them more late afternoon now. Normal right?

My rage has gone, my weepiness has gone and to be honest I feel quite good right now! I am 8+3 so perhaps a bit further on than some and maybe my symptoms are settling down already?

Still holding out for 12 week scan. It's bloody hard work!

MrsGSR Wed 22-May-13 12:21:43

I have a secret baby board on pinterest! It's got so much stuff on! I quite like the trider in shadow too smile

I went for a walk with my best friend a few weeks ago (who is male and uninterested in things like prams!) and saw someone out and about with it, it's so nice smile

TobyLerone Wed 22-May-13 12:22:54

My symptoms (other than sore boobs) seem to be confined to the late afternoon, Penny. The nausea hits between 3pm and 4pm, and carries on for most of the evening.

MrsGSR Wed 22-May-13 12:26:28

penny my symptoms seem to be mainly in the evenings, I think a couple of people have said the same.

Has anyone read the thread about iodine deficiency today? (as I wrote that the news came on and mentioned it!) As if we don't have enough to worry about!

Iodine deficiency?

This thread is not accepting new messages.