Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 - Thread 3 (Danger: Due to the influence of pregnancy hormones I could either burst into tears or kill you in the next 5 minutes.... You have been warned!

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Tue 21-May-13 22:31:27

Thread three... Rock and Roll......

cosmickitten Wed 22-May-13 09:45:35

Morning lady can't believe we're on thread 3 already!

LadySpencer Wed 22-May-13 09:47:47

GSR that's awful! You must have been so upset. Well...I think I will just see what happens with the GP this afternoon and then go from there! I just need to trust that my body will do what it's made to do (easier said than done!)

Will no doubt let you all know!

sarahleanne Wed 22-May-13 09:49:13

ladyspencer- I think 5 weeks is a bit early to see a heartbeat, most heartbeats show up at around 6 weeks ish I think, I had one with my 2nd pregnancy at just over 6 weeks and it took them a while to find the heartbeat cus its so small.

TobyLerone Wed 22-May-13 09:52:20

People lie to their GP to get an earlier scan?! shock

sarahleanne Wed 22-May-13 09:53:29

haha love the sarcasm toby

MrsAVB Wed 22-May-13 09:53:58

Hi lady, ladies on this thread have had variable experiences with GPs, so don't get too excited! Most don't seem to do a urine test as they are not any more reliable than hpts. But FX your appointment goes well. Xxx

TobyLerone Wed 22-May-13 09:57:57

I wasn't being sarcastic confused I didn't know people did that.

sarahleanne Wed 22-May-13 10:03:36

oh lol sorry toby I thought it was sarcasm.

extracrunchy Wed 22-May-13 10:04:02

Sarah - we maxed out the other fred!! Was just going to say I love our Boba carrier - it can be used on front or back so is very versatile and has lots of longevity.

MrsGSR Wed 22-May-13 10:05:26

I just tried to post on the last thread but it's full!

Sarah About the double buggy, I think the Baby Jogger city select is a convertible that can be used as a single or double buggy. The extra seat and fixings to make it into a double are £150 from kiddicare (although possibly cheaper elsewhere) so it's not too expensive and you could still use it as a single after your eldest has grown out of it or if they're at nursery etc smile

carrotcakecupcake Wed 22-May-13 10:06:05

Hello thread three - can't believe how fast the discussions move!

I'm starting to get really jealous of everyone's scans - the midwife is supposed to be contacting me to make an appointment, but the drs were really vague about when they might get in touch ("two or three weeks, maybe"). If I haven't heard anything by the end of next week I'm going to give them a call.

fryingpan I had the same issue with a bowl of soup over the weekend - it was supposed to be carrot but just tasted like salt, salt and more salt!

CatchAsCatchCan Wed 22-May-13 10:10:27

I'm personally having an early scan because of a previous ectopic. The EPU told me that I'll now always be considered "at-risk," so I automatically get a 6 week scan to check for placement. I'm not actually 6 weeks today, but 5+5 is hopefully far along enough that they can see something. If everything looks ok but no heartbeat, I hope they'll offer me another in a couple weeks, but as there haven't been problems yet, they may not. If not, we're going to pay for a private scan at 7 or 8 weeks to see heartbeat. I hate my GP so would have no qualms about lying to her to get an early scan, though! blush

extracrunchy Wed 22-May-13 10:10:58

Ladyspencer - tempting is it is, try and hold out for a scan till 6 weeks plus because at 5 weeks they may just see an empty sac, which could be totally normal but might not be and the wait till the follow up scan is just agony!! (I've just experienced this - all fine now but could have done without the stress)

LadySpencer Wed 22-May-13 10:11:35

Thanks AVB. I've never met my GP either so hoping that he/she is nice!

Toby It hadn't occured to me either until a friend suggested it as I'm so anxious!

extracrunchy Wed 22-May-13 10:11:37

Ooh catch good luck!! So exciting smile

chocoholicalcoholic Wed 22-May-13 10:12:11

sarahleanne - following on from the buggy question on the other thread, I used a sling and then buggy board as extracrunchy suggested. Worked well for us DC1 was 2 yrs 4 months when baby arrived. I also spent a lot of time taking DC1 for walks with her holding onto side of buggy whilst I was pregnant so she got used to walking sensibly and not darting off, so that when the baby needed the buggy DC1 could walk if needed then buggy board when tired/long distance etc. Hope that makes sense!

MrsGSR Wed 22-May-13 10:13:00

Catch I think I was about 5+6 yesterday (or 5+3 if I go by when I thought I ovulated and not LMP) and they could see the fetal pole (but no heartbeat so I'm going back next week) so hopefully you should be able to see something.

sarahleanne Wed 22-May-13 10:14:21

thanks exra and gsr- that city one sounds good im gunna have a look now

gemma277 Wed 22-May-13 10:15:27

Spent too long typing on the other thread it reached 1000 and didnt go threw shock so here goes again...

Thanks for all the advice regarding prenatal vitamins. I use pregnacare original but notice they give me tmi soft green stool. Probably because i'm usually a bit anaemic so the extra iron is sending my body in overdrive.

Also, I read that it dosn't have enough calcium or DHA in it, maybe the pregnacare max is better.

Sarah- re double prams I shouldn't think if your child is over 2 that she would need a buggy. My daughters 2.10 months and stopped using the pram at about 2. I am going to get this attachment for my current pram that you clip on the back and its a wheely thing that they can stand on if they do get tires. Double prams seem like too much hassle especially if they wont even use it!

CatchAsCatchCan Wed 22-May-13 10:17:21

Thanks MrsGSR! I'm trying not to go in with any expectations beyond, "Please let it not be in my tube again!" A fetal pole would be amazing. I think DH might cry and faint if we happen to get a heartbeat grin I know we won't, but he's taken previous failed pregnancies really hard, so I want him to get good news as much as I want it for myself.

chocoloulou33 Wed 22-May-13 10:17:22

Eek I have an early scan date finally. Epu just rang, they were so lovely. Got over a week to wait, next friday aaaghhhh. So excited though. I'll be just over 8 & a half weeks by then if my dates r correct. Wooooop x

chocoholicalcoholic Wed 22-May-13 10:19:06

That's great Choco grin

Oooh, a lovely new thread.

Good luck sultana on the scan, and anyone else who's having one today.

Will come back as and when I have anything interesting to say. smile

sarahleanne Wed 22-May-13 10:21:11

gemma,chocoholic-sorry I didn't c ur posts before...... actually I think u may be right,maybe buying a double pram isn't necessary and I can get away with a sling for baby then put baby in the pram that my daughters in now.i'll have a little think and discussion with the other half.

gemma277 Wed 22-May-13 10:21:37

Good news choco!!! Lucky you smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.