Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due August 2013 - Part 5 - The Final Stretch - We're nearly there duebies!!

(999 Posts)
FoofFighter Tue 21-May-13 19:33:35

Welcome to the thread in which we will meet our babies - woooooooooop!!

Previous thread - http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1709005-August-2013-Part-4-Half-way-there-already?msgid=39205443

Gonnabmummy Sat 25-May-13 00:31:23

Urgh this is my third time going to loo since 11:40 pm for big wee's too this needn't start now only 26+3! Hopefully that's it for the night now *crosses fingers (and legs)!

Queazy Sat 25-May-13 10:26:20

27 weeks today and due 24 August. Do you find lots of people consoling you that you're having a (late) August baby? One person didn't even congratulate me - just said 'oh no, you'll need to hope you're a week late'. I'm taking it in my stride - just strange smile

Gonnabmummy Sat 25-May-13 11:37:46

queazy no ones ever mentioned it to me. Due on 28th but after thinking I wouldn't mind him being a few days late. I was born on 9th sept so older in the year. It doesn't matter too much when your older but I think it's quite a big difference when in early years when the children have pretty much year between them. But they will come when ready anyhow smile

BabyHMummy Sat 25-May-13 19:49:36

Crumbs, tar poop is awful. I remember doing one of the first ones of my godsons...Christ alive it was horrific. I am fairly sure you need a pneumatic drill to.remove it. As for cotton wool and water...utter bollox...it is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Wipes all the way.

Loving the Vaseline tip...possibly kinder than the drill lol

FoofFighter Sat 25-May-13 19:55:42

queazy, am in Scotland so doesn't matter a jot (not that it does down there too!) my ds was born two weeks into sept and had to suffer a whole year extra waiting to go to school, we were both gnawing our fingers off by that point!! Just cause a child is August born, doesn't mean they HAVE to go to school just after 4, you can legally keep them away till the term in which they turn 5 anyway.

Ladies a reminder in this lovely weather to not overdo it! I feel like poop, had to be rubbed down with cool flannels by OH and thrown into a tepid shower to cool down. I was only shopping for 2 hrs so not really excessive either.
Drink plenty, eat ice lollies, stay in the shade, don't walk around tooooo much. I did not follow this today

MrsPennyapple Sat 25-May-13 20:40:19

LOL at the drill, BabyH, I was going to try one of those plastic scrapers for saucepans.

Must remember to include Vaseline in hospital bag (when I pack it, that is).

RuckAndRoll Sat 25-May-13 21:37:39

vaseline noted. We've got some of the water wipes, are they equally as useless on first nappies?

PixieBaby Sat 25-May-13 21:44:22

Just jumping on to say howdy. Bring forth August!

30 + 1 (first baby)

BabyHMummy Sat 25-May-13 21:51:46

Ruck anything short of a flame thrower is pretty useless at removing it tbh.

RuckAndRoll Sat 25-May-13 22:13:18

feeling like a really bad mummy tonight. I'm wishing baby would calm down, or even stop moving. just for an hour or two. it's making me feel so sick today with its acrobatics.
argh what mummy wants her baby to stop moving sad

BabyHMummy Sat 25-May-13 22:36:57

Me ruck! She was wriggling like mad today and I wanted to be sick...unfortunately I was driving thru Richmond park at the time

FoofFighter Sun 26-May-13 14:02:32

Me also ruck, it sometimes really turns my stomach, feeling like am driving fast over many many humpback bridges in a row :/ especially if I am walking at the time, fells bloody horrible, and also when i am trying to sleep, unless I lie on my back it kicks ten tonnes of crap out of me till I move hmm Water wipes, que? [thick]

Hello Pixiebaby are you keeping well?

Just letting you all know about Aldi Mamia nappies, first size 1/newborn - pack of 24 for £1.69. Utterly bargainous and highly rated in product tests. even though we will be using re-useable cloth nappies, I've got a couple of packs to use the first two weeks or so while we get breastfeeding sorted out smile

Woofers Sun 26-May-13 15:41:51

Major bargain at Aldi. grin Thanks - must remember when next in the city.
Sainsburys have pampers on offer at the moment. Also cream cakes 3 for 2.
Poo tar - Vaseline does the Vaseline not clog up the nappy or is it less is more?
I'm struggling to convince dh that even a 9lb baby will be small. I swear he thinks I'm giving birth to an elephant.
Consolation regarding aug baby - I have had mixed response. Personally I want to keep my legs crossed for sept - I'm due 30th. But this is purely because I like September for a middle name!!!!!
I have had ppl say 'push him out early then you don't have to pay nursery fees for another year' and 'hold on until sept so he's the oldest in the year, especially being a slow developing boy'
I mean wtf. How do you know I am not baking a tiny Stephen Hawkins???!!! Or a de Vinci? confusedwink

Happy sunny Sunday girls - hope you have drunk plenty!!!!!!!

FoofFighter Sun 26-May-13 17:09:04

yep just a thin barrier smile you change their nappies so often when newborn anyway cause of the poo and weeing that a nappy won't stay on for much more than 2hrs really

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 26-May-13 19:59:34

Same here Ruck on the one hand I love the baby moving, but 11pm to 3am is party time. Baby won't let me lie on either side, as soon as I flip over they start to protest with lots of jabs. I am getting lots of movements that feel like a huge tapeworm is working its way around my insides, and trying to dig its way out of my belly button.

Does anybody know what it feels like when a breech baby turns? I can no longer feel the hard lump between my ribs, and the other day at work was stopped short by some really strange feelings. It felt like my whole stomach was shifting and I got a really hard, tight band right across my stomach level with my belly button. I had to stop what I was doing, it really freaked me out!

29 weeks tomorrow smile

BabyHMummy Sun 26-May-13 20:17:08

Oops I may have got a tad sunburnt today lol...have drunk loads but am now peeing more often than a flaming racehorse...had a lovely day with dp and dsc's...dss even referred to us as a family...I welled up a little.

Am off up to London tomorrow and really looking forward to showing the kids all the places I loved when I was there age...eek

RuckAndRoll Sun 26-May-13 20:37:35

Foof water wipes I suspect they're the same as just flannels in water but without the washing them hassle afterwards. DH has really bad skin problems so we really need to be careful with what we use on babies skin to start with. I was hoping these are better than the sensitive/newborn wipes.

Glad you had a good day babyh try and not overheat too much. I'm feeling a bit better today. Baby has been moving plenty but not as viciously as it was yesterday.

DH is worried my anxiety levels are getting too high, I want to speak to the GP/MW about it but I'm pretty sure they will just tell me worry is normal.

FoofFighter Sun 26-May-13 22:26:47

Is it wrong to want a baby girl just so I can buy this purple cot bed?? grin

Ruck, hard to know what is normal or exaggerated with worries in pregnancy isn't it! What's anxiousing you (can't think of the flipping word!!) blush

RuckAndRoll Mon 27-May-13 11:35:26

foof If I could work that out it would be a lot easier to sort! I'm going to try and write things down with DH's help as he's noticing it more than me. I'm a bit unsure about mentioning it to the mw as last time I asked her about labour as I was starting to freak out (22 and 28wk app), she just laughed and told me to worry about the things I have control over and that we would discuss labour later on. What she said might be true, but it isn't exactly helpful!

That purple cot is great!

The guys in my office have just turned the heating back on, I want to cry, I'm already too hot with it turned off.

Christelle2207 Mon 27-May-13 13:56:13

Happy bank holidays to most.

ruck no work for me today but I have exactly the same issue! I think I'm going to have to work from home instead if they keep insisting on having the heating on. It's nearly June ffs.

Suffering from real dehydration here, I think after swimming 40 lengths last night and cycling there and back (total probably 4 miles). Am I bonkers? I am drinking isotonic drinks at the moment to try and sort myself out, nothing else really that I can do is there?

I have only put on 6kg since getting pg. Admittedly I think I lost a bit at first. Anyone else similar?

Anyone else have first hand experience of reusable nappies, am beginning to try and get my head around it. Am going to order some trials of bambino mio but wondering if any other brands worth getting some trials in for...obviously don't want to committ a fortune to a brand I may not get on with.

Hi all - Christelle I have got little lamb nappies, and have also been given some totsbots. They seem really great. Years ago I used bambino mio with my DS (now 9) and found them a bit bulky and sore round the legs, but sure they have come along way since then!

My weight gain is precisely 1kg, but then I lost quite a lot due to the hyperemesis. I'm still basically hovering around my pre-pg weight, and I am 31 weeks tomorrow. However, my bump is growing, and I am seeing my consultant tomorrow for another scan to see how the baby is doing.

My bank holiday has so far comprised sobbing in my bed for an hour and having my friend and her DCs round for a splash in the little frame pool, with a picnic lunch. (And being sick, as usual). My friend has taken DD off with her DD for a trip to the beach, and the boys are here, playing on the PS3. Planning a nap in a bit - just exhausted and figure that sleeping might give me a break from throwing up. At least there is blissfully gorgeous sunshine here - nap may need to take place on the patio smile

FoofFighter Mon 27-May-13 14:17:03

Christelle, bambino mio probably aren't the best to use, not very highly rated. I've got a mix of size 1 Little Lamb, Lollipops, Motherease and some cheapo ebay birth to potty adjustable pocket nappies that you stuff with extra boosters in the pocket.

There's a nappies board on MN here with stuff on and you can post too obv, also a long running cloth nappy club type thread smile for lurking on

Work as normal here. or it would be if they have fracked off for the day and locked me out with no word!! angry as I have got a summer cold/chest thing and really had to drag myself in I Am Not Happy!! Finally they got in touch with me after I hung around for almost an hour to apologise they thought they'd left the keys and to go home and they'll still pay me. Too bloody right you will!! Wouldn't mind but same thing happened yday morning, but for half an hour hmm How much notice do you have to give to bring maternity leave forward????????!!!!!!!

Autumn, glad to hear DC are better - I think an outside nap sounds like bliss smile

FoofFighter Mon 27-May-13 14:39:26
Woofers Mon 27-May-13 15:06:44

Phew I have found out that I can veet during pregnancy after all. Hairy legs be gone gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

Christelle2207 Mon 27-May-13 21:11:18

thanks for the advice. Useful to know about the veet, struggling to shave legs now and really not sure waxing is a good idea.

waves best of luck for tomorrow and hope baby is growing nicely even if you are still a bit behind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now