Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013 - Part 5 - The Final Stretch - We're nearly there duebies!!

(999 Posts)
FoofFighter Tue 21-May-13 19:33:35

Welcome to the thread in which we will meet our babies - woooooooooop!!

Previous thread - http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1709005-August-2013-Part-4-Half-way-there-already?msgid=39205443

babyhmummy01 Tue 09-Jul-13 22:12:43

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then stiggley keep us posted!!!

MrsPennyapple Wed 10-Jul-13 12:07:38

Glad Margot is doing well Stiggley, hope you can get home tomorrow.

I feel guilty that DD is indoors watching TV instead of being outside running about and playing, but I just do not have the energy to run around the park after her, lifting her on and off equipment. Especially since she has a five-second time limit. She asks to go on the swings, but after swinging back and forth a few times she wants to come off.

I was in the supermarket yesterday and the lady in front of me was buying a bottle of rosé wine, I could have killed for a bottle. She's lucky I still had to queue up and pay, I'd have rugby tackled her in the car park and run off with it. Told DH about it and he said "You should have got some, you can have a little glass." I said "I don't want a little glass, I want the whole bottle!" So that's going to be my treat as soon as baby is big enough to go a few hours without a feed / take a bottle of expressed milk.

MW appointment this afternoon, wonder if they'll think baby is breech today? I can't figure out which way up this baby is, I feel all sorts of movements all over the place. I think I'm carrying an octopus actually.

babyhmummy01 Wed 10-Jul-13 12:45:11

Lol at the octopus penny. I know the feeling though when you get arms and legs everywhere. I think she is still head down but the 'hard' bump where she is has moved about a lot in the last few weeks so I wouldn't be completely shocked if they say she has moved.

Has anyone else's bump dropped significantly at 34 weeks? Everyone says she has dropped and there definitely seems more room between boobs and bump. Is this normal or s sign she has turned?

Had a very rude lady yesterday who commented on how 'huge' I am..I said I wasn't huge as still in non maternity clothes and from the back you can't tell I.am even pg and she replied "we'll you must be carrying an awful lot of fluid" at last mw appt she was spot on for dates (31cm bump). Now I was no slim Jim to start with but I am not carrying a huge bump, in fact most ppl say I am quite small, but there is some flab below it but I just can't believe how rude some ppl.can be

MrsPennyapple Wed 10-Jul-13 13:15:40

Mine dropped at around that time, babyh, or at least people kept saying "ooh, you've dropped!" so I assume it must be true. I'm similar to you in that I don't appear pg from the back - am very definitely in maternity clothes though! Even so, my bump is quite compact and neat, but that didn't stop the sales assistant at the supermarket saying "haven't you had that baby yet?" incedulously. I replied no, four weeks to go (as you very well know having asked me two days ago). She said "well you must be having a massive baby then!" I replied "as much as I love being told how massive I am, I'm actually not, compared to others at the same stage as me." I was mightily fucked off, and I think she knew it!

FoofFighter Wed 10-Jul-13 13:29:17

just answer back, "and when are you due?" with a big smile on your face and an expectant look, head tilt to the side slightly...

wink

Stiggley Wed 10-Jul-13 13:33:22

We are finally going home today. Had the all clear. Margot nearly put on her birth weight. But feel strange going home. My mum is staying for 3 days much to dh annoyance. His mum will be staying longer!

FoofFighter Wed 10-Jul-13 14:10:13

Fab news Stiggley smile

MrsPennyapple Wed 10-Jul-13 14:13:41

Brilliant Stiggley!

RuckAndRoll Wed 10-Jul-13 14:42:38

wahoo Stiggley that's brilliant news.

MrsP I love the octopus description, I think I'm the same, the mw keeps asking me where I'm feeling the movements, I just say 'everywhere'. She thinks I'm just not paying attention but it's a genuine answer.

Finishing work today, been told I can go whenever but currently summoning the energy to walk home

babyhmummy01 Wed 10-Jul-13 16:20:20

Stiggley that's brill news!!!

Penny - ppl are just so ignorant. They wouldn't dare say it to a fat person!

Foof - will be using that next time

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 10-Jul-13 16:30:43

Great news Stiggley!

MrsPennyapple, Ds is similar to your DD. He lasted 30mins at playgroup today before trying to make a break for it, he's been mardy all day since then (roll on bedtime!), wish I could explain to an 18 month old 'Mummy is fat & tired, please just watch Peppa for a bit!'

cakebaby Wed 10-Jul-13 18:52:48

Yeah stiggley great news!

Hope everyone is feeling OK, 3 weeks left at work for me, can't come soon enough. Every time I sit down it feels like everything is getting shoved upwards! Bump moving bit more slowly now, still get occasional sharp and punches but in general more like shifting to get comfy in there rather than the previous somersaults and acrobatics. MW not bothered. Anyone else noticing a slight change?

Anyone heard from waves recently at all? Thought she may be on FB group.

Gerty1002 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:18:05

Yes cakebaby, 32+6 and already I've definitely noticed a change in movement, think it's normal as long as movement hasn't dramatically reduced in frequency.

Getting a lot of heartburn and have a real lack of appetite - think everything is all just squished up in there at the moment.

Oh and just catching up on the rest of the thread properly, congrats stiggley on your bundle of joy and great to hear you're both well enough to go home smile

PurpleDana Wed 10-Jul-13 21:51:39

I definitely feel like there is more room now above my bump and feeling more pressure and twinges down below, but I can't say I can see that she has dropped.
MW tomoro, hopefully she can clarify. Would love to have confirmation that things are on that final push now instead of just my own inkling

JollyShortGiant Wed 10-Jul-13 22:13:08

33 weeks tomorrow. So only 6 weeks until my csec and we get to meet baby.

How are you all getting on with names? We have a girl's name that we agree on but we are going round in circles for a boy. DS suggested Baby Jake or Marvin. No idea where he got Marvin. I think I'm just going to hang around the baby names board until something clicks.

Woofers Wed 10-Jul-13 23:28:50

Waves is around but having a few lodger issues I think.

You could always sympathise with the insulting woman that "its ever so hard to get your figure back after a baby, isn't it?"

Yay for stiggley and margot grin

BrieMonster Thu 11-Jul-13 04:55:21

Can't sleep won't sleep.. Section booked for 24th but was convinced my waters had gone two days ago. Happy to be told they hadn't but then left mulling over my incontinent future! But now I've been up since half one with contractions as far as I can tell. They're doing their best to have me stay at home and of course I'd rather not go and be sent away but I also don't want to get halfway through labour if they're convinced I need a section anyway. Had a bit of blood too which any other time they've had me in for.... But this one woman wants to keep me away!

Anyway, just wanted a distraction. Will probably go in when DS wakes up in an hour. Feel sick at the thought it might all be happening. And yet I'll probably be back in a few hours saying "they told me so".

Mrsd77 Thu 11-Jul-13 08:49:49

Morning all. 37 weeks today so I do believe I am fully cooked!!! Can't believe it! This pregnancy seems to have lasted forever!

Brie if you are there, my section is also booked for 24th. I was encouraged to ring assessment unit if my niggles persisted as they wanted to avoid emcs. However, was told that it all sounded normal for late preg and that I should stay at home. Talk about mixed messages! Anyway,with blood loss, dampness and pains I think they should welcome you with open arms!

Hope all goes well for you!

MissHinky Thu 11-Jul-13 10:31:56

Marking my place

33+6 now - Saw an anesthetist this week about possible pain relief options for labour.

Been really uncomfortable and off work this week with a possible infection as well. Not a good week!

babyhmummy01 Thu 11-Jul-13 12:18:09

Misshinky what did they offer? I am seeing mine tomorrow

PurpleDana Thu 11-Jul-13 14:32:02

Hope everything ok Brie
Well back from midwife & got my wish! Baby is now 4/5 palpable & in a lovely position :-) We're moving! :-D

MissHinky Thu 11-Jul-13 17:39:16

Hi babyhmummy01

I discussed having an intervention free delivery if possible (regarding forceps and ventouse) but also had an open mind about pain relief.

We discussed gas and air, pethidine and epidurals - he checked my spine, throat and asked various questions on allergies and the like. He made various notes but I didn't get a copy of them (which I would have liked)

Woofers Thu 11-Jul-13 18:57:05

Does everyone see the anaesthetist?

babyhmummy01 Thu 11-Jul-13 19:48:21

Hmm mine is gonna be fun tomorrow cos am allergic to codeine so not sure they will risk pethidine and there is no way I want an epidural if at all possible.

Woofers - tends to be if there are existing medical issues ie asthma in my case as they can cause complications and may need emergency.intervention. in my case the pain meds can suppress my breathing so may require oxygen on stand by and resus team if I react badly. Although my asthma consultant was quite happy that gas and air should be fine and pose no major risks

JollyShortGiant Thu 11-Jul-13 20:01:00

I didn't see one last pg, Woofers. Not sure yet if I will see one this time or not, my consultant wasn't sure.

Sitting in the back garden eating an ice lolly. It is too hot to be inside!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now