Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013 - Part 5 - The Final Stretch - We're nearly there duebies!!

(999 Posts)
FoofFighter Tue 21-May-13 19:33:35

Welcome to the thread in which we will meet our babies - woooooooooop!!

Previous thread - http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1709005-August-2013-Part-4-Half-way-there-already?msgid=39205443

BabyHMummy Tue 21-May-13 19:39:36

Marking place xxx

Locketjuice Tue 21-May-13 19:44:26

Will keep track of this thread! Think I am well and truly lost as regards to the previous thread so apologies to everyone that I have no idea what's going on smile

FoofFighter Tue 21-May-13 19:53:44

haha Locket, just make sure you bookmark it!!

Scary thought though isn't it, we are going to be meeting our babies on this thread! and then I guess it'll get very busy again like it was at the start, with us all panicking over every little thing hehehe

Marking place. Scary thought that there's less than 1000 posts til the LO's emerge...

JollyOrangeGiant Tue 21-May-13 20:03:08

I reckon we'll manage to fill this thread before all the babies arrive smile

Mine is coming 3 months tomorrow shock

RuckAndRoll Tue 21-May-13 20:09:46

checking in smile 3 months and 4 days until i'll be induced if things haven't already happened. scary. very scary.

Slw8000 Tue 21-May-13 20:10:14

That's scary, only 1000 posts till these babies arrive!
Not too sure about baby movements, it feels weird, reassuring though.
I have a long u-shaped pillow, a v-shaped pillow on top, a normal pillow on that, one pillow under each arm then a memory foam pillow under my knees. It's difficult to get in and out of especially when desperate for a wee buts it's really comfy and I can be on my back still which I find more confortable.
I haven't got any baby stuff yet and dreading getting all stuff from loft. Plan to sort it all out and have a massive blitz when we move house in June. Xx

FoofFighter Tue 21-May-13 20:37:58

Slw, how on earth do you find room for you in the bed lol??

Mrsd77 Tue 21-May-13 21:14:34

Marking my place. Nearly 30 weeks! Eek!

Slw8000 Tue 21-May-13 21:32:26

I must say that my dh doesn't have much room and does complain a little about it. X

FoofFighter Tue 21-May-13 21:58:01

I sleep on the sofa pretty much all the time and have done since the early days, it's the only place I can get anywhere near comfortable. Absolutely cannot lie flat, need the extra support of the sofa cushions, plus it's a bit broken now and one end is a little higher than the other which helps!

Do miss snuggling up in the night though but atm my need for sleep comes first.

MrsPennyapple Tue 21-May-13 22:14:58

Just checking in, I like it when the thread loads quickly!

Last pregnancy I really struggled getting comfortable in bed, but haven't been so bad this time, so no elaborate pillow arrangements for me smile

Not much of anything to report really, I think baby is still breech though, hope he / she decides to turn soon, it does worry me a bit, although I know there is plenty of time yet.

RuckAndRoll Tue 21-May-13 23:06:38

question for you. are there any over the counter pain meds we can take? paracetamol really isn't cutting it at the moment.

mrsp apparently baby is currently perfect head down position, but mw did say just as there's plenty of time for breech babies to behave, there's still plenty time for mine to be awkward!

BabyHMummy Tue 21-May-13 23:11:29

Ruck u can take codeine or a combo of that and paracetamol both are over counter jobs

RuckAndRoll Wed 22-May-13 08:12:26

Thanks. Will head out at lunch time and get some codeine. The only things that even partly help are a bath or an ice pack which are a bit hard to carry around in your handbag.

TrixieLulamoon Wed 22-May-13 08:20:47

Morning Ladies

Welcome to newbies.

I can't believe how fast time seems to be going. Only 5 weeks (after this one) left at work.

I see you all getting comfy for a good nights sleep! Any tips how to stop my hips aching?? Doesn't matter which side I lie on, I wake up after a couple of hours needing to swap because my hip is aching like mad!

I had a sad moment this morning. I sat down to put my socks and boots on only to find I can no longer bend sad. It has started already! 10 weeks left and already getting DH to put on my footwear!

29+3

Trixie - I hear you, I can't paint toenails or tie shoe laces any longer sad good excuse for a pedi every 3 weeks now though grin

Hi everyone, I'm shattered after DD was up in the middle of the night vomiting due to tummy bug. Which of course set me off, so very little sleep happened sad

One week til my next scan to check the baby's growth, together with my consultant reviewing me etc. I've bought some spatone which will hopefully perk me up a bit if I can keep it down, and am, health permitting, off to an NCT sale on Friday so I can try to get some bits for the baby.

30 + 1

beckie90 Wed 22-May-13 10:09:16

Ooo new thread smile havnt posted in a while, so welcome to all the newbies that i missed smile

Just marking my place, nothing much to report

28+4 xx

Hope your DC's feel better soon and the Spatone works for you waves

Also 30+1 - 75% done grin

Gonnabmummy Wed 22-May-13 11:12:42

26 weeks today smile
First day I seem to be crazy preg. Haha woke and stretched got a lovely bit of ligament pain, not how to start off my morning and DPs breathing seems to be pissing me off. I've been told to chill brought a cuppa and double choc muffin. smile good job he puts up with me. Lovely sunny day should be happy.

Foof

I think I love you, just a little bit, for filling up the last thread for me grin thanks

FoofFighter Wed 22-May-13 14:07:16

hehe grin

RuckAndRoll Wed 22-May-13 14:44:46

Just had my whooping cough jab, after a nice salad for lunch I'm now settling down with a huge bag of chocolate. Medicinal purposes of course!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now