Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2014

(1000 Posts)
vix206 Mon 20-May-13 07:11:52

Very early days but I'm due 26 January - really expecting early February after being 15 days late with DC1. Thought I'd get the ball rolling grin

Anyone else?

bugsyburge Thu 27-Jun-13 21:50:09

I've started a new thread but I don't know how to link.... it has an imaginative name..... Feb take 2

amicusapple Thu 27-Jun-13 21:07:15

Thanks sunflowered. They do know my holiday dates but think I will call again. Don't really want to mess work around either when I'm just back from holiday.

Hopefully they'll actually check this time.

laura0007 Thu 27-Jun-13 21:01:33

Littlest well if that's not a good enough reason to leave your bed and get dressed before 9:30 on a Sunday I don't know what is!

sunflowered Thu 27-Jun-13 21:00:16

amicusapple I'd give them a call to check - you've probably not been forgotten but the appointment booking process can sometimes assume all patients are available every day at any time at a couple of day's notice. Best to check before you go away - if you miss the appointment while you're away because they havent told you about it that will prob create far more work for them than answering a simple phone query!

amicusapple Thu 27-Jun-13 20:33:52

So I'm 9+2 today and since having my first meeting with my midwife 5 weeks ago I've not heard a single peep. I go on holiday on Saturday for a week and was hoping to at least have my booking appointment date before I go!

I did call last week but was told just to wait as the clerical staff would book me in.

Do you think they've forgotten about me?hmm

gnittinggnome Thu 27-Jun-13 20:31:08

AhoyMcCoy as far as I know, folic acid is much like any other Bvitamin, and any you don't use will leave your body via the toilet. That's a much larger amount than the minimum RDA, did he tell you why so much?

littlestgirlguide Thu 27-Jun-13 20:27:52

shopart I had a scan a week ago, and I was told it was 5 weeks (I know it was actually 7 weeks but that's another story) you will hopefully see a heartbeat by 8 weeks (I ha one last week) but otherwise just a blob, nothing that looks like a baby! It might be an internal scan though, so be prepared for that. Good luck x

Feeling loads better today. No sickness, but still got the manky taste in my mouth, tender boobs (though not as bad as they were) and they're really veiny - they lookalike road maps, really attractive :-/

I am (according to my own dates) 8 weeks today. Got my first midwife appointment a week on Sunday, got to be at the hospital at 9.30am on a Sunday!

DawnOfTheDee Thu 27-Jun-13 20:21:09

shopart123 my early scan was at 7+4 so a bit earlier. They could see the gestational sac and blob with a heartbeat! Fx you see the same - you possibly might be able to see a bit more as you'll be a bit further along? Hope everything is ok x

shopart123 Thu 27-Jun-13 20:17:23

Went to docs today had alot of pain in left side for past two days with dizziness. Doc confirmed def preg, no urine infection. Booked in for early scan on Tuesday. Scared sad anyone else had scan at 8/9 wks? If so what do u see?

vix206 Thu 27-Jun-13 20:01:44

Lyndsey90 they all work differently - that's how the midwives in Leicester worked when I lived there. I'm sure they will call you tomorrow.

lyndsey90 Thu 27-Jun-13 19:50:30

Called my docs this morning to try and get in. They made me wait two and a half hours for a doctor to call me back. To then be called back myby the receptionist because she put my name in the midwife book so they can contact me. This does not benefit me, I work full time, I can't spend everyday hanging about for a phonecall. I'm a bit pissed off. They didn't take no information.... Is this normal???

SherbertDip England Thu 27-Jun-13 19:04:01

lovestobake my due date is somewhere between 27tg Feb & 1st March depending in who I speak to

Thisisfreakingmeout Thu 27-Jun-13 18:57:04

Halfling - are your vits the pregnacare with a separate yellow omega one? If so, those yellow ones are sticky little blighters. I have had to yack them back out and try again (tmi) several times as they stick half way down my throat. I am getting wierd about taking them now!

gnittinggnome Thu 27-Jun-13 18:48:36

Fizzling sorry to hear that! The good news is that now you know, you can deal with it. Not that that's much help to you now, I guess, but when you've got over the shock of bad news you can Plan.
flowers

vix206 Thu 27-Jun-13 18:42:11

Sorry to hear that Fireboxes. At least they will be keeping a close eye on you though.

We nearly need a new thread!!!

FizzlingFireboxes Thu 27-Jun-13 18:36:19

Had my booking in appointment, It didn't go all that well, I have been refered to two different consultants, have to visit the GP as my BMI is 32 and I'm 37, high risk for DVT so need to be put on tablets which I've forgotten the name of.
Also, my urine was showing 3+ glucose so she's told me to go on a no sugar diet sad I had GTT's with my previous pg's which all came back clear.
Oh and my blood pressure is high sad

I wasn't too worried before, now I am.

misskatamari Thu 27-Jun-13 18:27:15

It's the same in our house Eeyore! I normally love to cook but at the moment so many foods gross me out and I feel to crap anyway. Used to live on stir fry and now the though turns my stomach. Along with most meat. Its super noodles and fish fingers for tea tonight lol!

misskatamari Thu 27-Jun-13 18:25:18

good luck with the show tonight SugarMiceInTheRain - i'd be careful with the pepsi max as it has about double the caffeine of other similar drinks (diet coke etc). My husband is addicted to the stuff (it is so delicious) and has always said its got more caffeine, which i didn't really believe, but I looked up the amounts online when I found out I was pregnant so I knew what I could have per day and they were lots higher.

EeyoreIsh Thu 27-Jun-13 18:12:07

I do most of the cooking in our marriage normally but I can't bear it at the moment. (disclaimer: I love cooking and find it soothing normally, DH picks up slack elsewhere.)

but for the last two weeks poor DH is having to cook. And to add insult to injury the stir fry he cooked last night made me wretch so I didn't eat it. The poor man's world has been turned upside down grin

AhoyMcCoy Thu 27-Jun-13 18:10:18

It's so reassuring to hear you all moaning too! My SILs have all had recent babies and I never heard them moan once in pregnancy- I was starting to feel like a whining wimp! Vomited twice at work today and spent about half an hour retching over the toilet. Had to tell my manager the news, because I'm sure she would have fired me if I just kept running out of the office for long periods every morning otherwise!

GP prescribed me 5mg of folic acid- does anyone know of I'm able to take pregnacare as well as this (it contains 400ug of folic acid)?

tinypolkadot Thu 27-Jun-13 17:43:10

gnitting I called my health centre today too and just had a lovely answerphone message from the midwife saying I'll get a letter in the next 1-2 weeks! I'll be about 10 weeks by then.

Just want an appointment!

I think my dh is feeling a bit hard done by where food is concerned at the minute. I sent him to Asda on his own last night and got a "I'm not feeling well either" moan from him. I had to bite my lip at that!

Somanychanges Thu 27-Jun-13 17:32:32

He will have to start if things get worse. But I have to cook for my children anyway so just cook for us all at the same time.

If things get worse I will prob have to call on MIL

ch1134 Thu 27-Jun-13 17:24:07

Can your husband make his own dinner?

Somanychanges Thu 27-Jun-13 17:22:21

This is it! The nausea has started and I actually feel really scared. I know what's coming after having HG with both of my children but its just dawned on me today the sheer nastiness of it.

I am now worrying about how I am going to manage to look after my children, cook and take them to and from school. When i was pregnant with my daughter I actually had to be off work for 2 months it was awful.

Luckily I am a SAHM at the moment but I am not even sure how I will manage that if I get really sick. And moving house in 4 weeks so I have loads of sorting and packing to do.

My husband will be expecting a nice meal when he comes in from work. But all I have managed to do is baked potato.

I have gone off all food now I just feel sick at the thought of eating. Forcing myself to eat crackers.

Sorry that was my sudden moment of panic and rant hope everyone else is doing well.

sunflowered Thu 27-Jun-13 17:19:49

thingy I'm with you on the tiredness. Nearly fell asleep in a meeting at work today... Me, my boss, and a director... Had to have a mug of full-caffeine coffee to get through the rest of the day. Haven't felt like this since I was a student and thought I was superhuman and could therefore function in a 1-1 tutorial hungover on 2 hours sleep sad But at least I haven't actually been sick yet - for this I'm incredibly grateful. Thinking about everyone who's suffering flowers

This thread is not accepting new messages.