Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014

(1000 Posts)
vix206 Mon 20-May-13 07:11:52

Very early days but I'm due 26 January - really expecting early February after being 15 days late with DC1. Thought I'd get the ball rolling grin

Anyone else?

ChocoFrog Wed 29-May-13 12:07:05

Shouldn't that be February 2014?!
I know it seems a long way off... wink

btw I didn't mention that if this bean sticks it will be DC2 as have a 3 yr old son

vix206 Wed 29-May-13 13:05:15

oh derrr. Baby brain strikes again! I will see if it can be changed!!!

Thisisfreakingmeout Wed 29-May-13 21:07:11

Well done for being organised! I am trying to hold off calling docs until next week to avoid disappointment at their lack of interest. Taking my stupid two tablets each day (one is sort of sticky and won't go down. I am going to have to get used to it! About 256 more to take!)
How is everyone feeling? No sickness yet! (I am enjoying it while I can)

vix206 Thu 30-May-13 06:49:36

I started feeling queasy yesterday and this morning I've woken up feeling decidedly sick! hmm

amicusapple Thu 30-May-13 09:17:10

Hi! Can I join please grin. I'm due 29 Jan but the January thread is in full flow already. I got my bfp on Saturday and am 5+2. This is my first and really just hoping we go the distance.

vix206 Thu 30-May-13 12:19:50

Welcome amicusapple! I will add you to the stats thread later too smile

shopart123 Thu 30-May-13 16:00:45

Hey can I join pls, just confirmed my bfp today, due 5th Feb! Hasnt quite sunk in yet! Ok all im taking is folic, what else should I be taking??

amicusapple Thu 30-May-13 16:54:12

Thanks vix. Cant believe I've made it on to a thread grin

Hi shopart. Welcome!

Any symptoms to report?
I've got sore boobs on and off some weird cramps. Oh and spots confused

Dizzyness has passed thankfully.

amicusapple Thu 30-May-13 16:56:15

Shopart I think folic is fine but I went on to a prenatal vitamin. I choose the sanatogen one as they don't smell as bad as others.

tinypolkadot Thu 30-May-13 17:01:17

Hi amicusapple hi shopart

Does anyone get mild cramping when they move or get up too fast? I've read it's normal but it doesn't half worry me when it happens! I guess I need to stop all the weird twisting and lunging about I never realised I did! grin

New symptom alert: spotty chest. Not very impressed with that one!

I went to PIL's house today without DH and it was killing me that I couldn't shout about it as DH wasn't there. We are going to tell them tomorrow though, so not too much longer to wait smile

Has anyone else told other people/immediate family yet?

DawnOfTheDee Thu 30-May-13 18:25:19

I've just told my best friend and my mum. We're going to wait to tell DH's parents as DH's brother & his wife are pg and due in about a week or so. They're a bit concerned though due to various issues but they now think the baby has stopped growing so might induce/elcs earlier than planned. We thought it best to keep quiet about our news for now as things are a bit stressy.

Still no symptoms apart from growing appetite. I hadn't lost all the weight from being pg with DD....at this rate i'll be the size of a house...I must try and control it but i feel a bit urgh if i don't eat something macdonalds

Thisisfreakingmeout Thu 30-May-13 18:36:51

Told parents and parents in law. Both mums were teary, both dads were a bit quiet and freaked out. Will need to tell best friend as she is organising my hen party which happens in 3 weeks!
Called my surgery and receptionist was miserable as ever but did not play Guardian of the Gates and said I should see a doctor to confirm and discuss so I am pleasantly surprised! Of course the first appointment isn't for 2 weeks so I'll have to chill out in the interim.

vix206 Thu 30-May-13 19:02:22

Yes I am getting some take-my-breath-away cramps occasionally when I move suddenly or get up too quickly. I had these with my DS but not with the last pregnancy that ended at 6 weeks, so I'm almost taking it as a good sign.

I've told my 3 best friends and my parents but, after last time, waiting for 12 week scan before telling anyone else. It's going to be hard seeing MIL tomorrow and not blurting it out!

tinypolkadot Thu 30-May-13 19:26:52

Really nice to hear other people's stories. We've only told my mum and brother so far. My mum can't wait to get her knitting needles out! Have told her to wait until the 12 week scan at least smile

Looking forward to telling the inlaws and then that'll be it until 12 weeks, not long when you think about it really.

I'm signing out now for a couple of weeks while we go away. Be back soon, hope everyone has a great couple of weeks!

vix206 Thu 30-May-13 20:01:25

Have a great holiday tiny!

amicusapple Thu 30-May-13 20:52:35

Have a fab holiday tiny (4 weeks til mine and can't wait!)

I've told my best mate and my boss (reduced workload please!).

I've got a birthday night out on Saturday with my really good friends so not sure if i'll be able to hide it?

Does anyone have any good excuses for not drinking?

Also, have you all called your GP already? I'm not sure when I should?

purplypink Thu 30-May-13 22:24:58

I've told my mum and dad and in laws.

Tomorrow I'm going to tell my sister, and next week meeting best friends so will tell them.

Not saying a word to anyone else till after scan.

Hardest thing is not telling dd's, they always mention baby's and wanting a sister/brother.

I started with cramps today, thought it was because we've done lots of walking, but I feel really good (at the moment). Back to work Monday and just know i will be sick!

Thingymajigs Fri 31-May-13 14:37:55

Hi everyone, I've just got my BFP today after a year of Ttc and I can't quite believe it. This is my third dc but the first for my partner. My son's are 13 and 9 (nearly 10) so there's going to be a huge age gap.
I think I'm 4 weeks exactly and due 7th Feb. smile

FizzlingFireboxes Fri 31-May-13 15:31:03

Can I join in please?
I'm due 2nd Feb 14 and this will be no.4 but first with new partner.
I've had sore boobs, cramps tiredness and very thirsty, off on holiday abroad next week and the temps are high...eek not looking forward to that!
Been trying for 9 months, I'm 36 so I was wondering if it would ever happen!
Over the moon although not sure where I'm going to put it(tiny house) and I'll need a bigger car!

Dreamstoreality Fri 31-May-13 16:13:58

Can I join too?

Got my BFP yesterday which I really wasn't expecting. Have so far had 3 miscarriages, the most recent just after Easter. This will, fingers crossed, be our first child and is due Feb 4th.

Like Choco I will prob just hide in the background until everything is a little more certain.

shopart123 Fri 31-May-13 17:17:21

We have told both sets of parents and they are over the moon! smile ive not been feeling too great today, alot of cramps happening - not painful tho but had a couple stabbing pains. Sore back? And felt sick eating my cereal this morning. Anyone else feel like they are analyzing every twing? X

DawnOfTheDee Fri 31-May-13 19:02:15

Welcome newbies and congrats!

Fx for sticky beans too smile

I've just got the weekend to get through and then it's my mw appointment on monday! At last....
I popped into the docs last week to pick up my maternity notes folder so I could start filling it in ahead of time and noticed that it looks like i will be sent for a meeting with a consultant cos of how big DD was (10lb 10oz)!

vix206 Fri 31-May-13 19:39:08

Welcome newbies! I will update the stats thread when I am next at an actual computer and not a phone/iPad!

I will also be seeing a consultant thanks to a post partum haemhorrhage I had after DS was born.

And yes I am analysing every twinge and worrying i don't have enough symptoms. After MC in March I am feeling very wary but trying to enjoy being pregnant at the same time smile

tiegysmum Fri 31-May-13 20:39:48

Hi all, can I join you guys? This will be my third child and I'm due around the 4th of Feb....my other two are girls aged 13 & 6 so a bit of a gap! I haven't used any of these forums before so not too sure on the abbreviations...bare with me lol :-) x

amicusapple Fri 31-May-13 21:12:59

Yay! Lots of new BFPs! Congrats and welcome smile

I have booked MW for Thursday and will be 6 weeks by then. Wanted to go and buy more tests today just to be sure! Have so far resisted.

I've been feeling every twinge too. Started feeling sick tonight!

How did you all tell you're parents / in laws? Did you do anything special?

This thread is not accepting new messages.