Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014

(1000 Posts)
vix206 Mon 20-May-13 07:11:52

Very early days but I'm due 26 January - really expecting early February after being 15 days late with DC1. Thought I'd get the ball rolling grin

Anyone else?

vix206 Tue 28-May-13 09:07:11

Yay congrats thisisfreakingmeout!!

It varies by area but generally speaking you need to see your midwife between 6 and 10 weeks. I'm waiting until 7 weeks to call them as round here they prefer you to be at least 8 weeks. Are you taking your pregnancy vits?

tinypolkadot Tue 28-May-13 11:46:44

Hi Thisisfreakingmeout Congratulations! smile

I'm also 30 and this is my first too! Like you I would love to know what happens next. I've just rang the surgery and they have said I just need to fill in a form and wait for an appointment.

I guess they don't think it's such big news as I do!

I thought maybe I'd need to speak to a doctor before going on holiday, but she didn't seem that bothered.

I'm back at work today, and no one else knows but me! It's going to kill me keeping this quiet until 12 weeks.

vix206 Tue 28-May-13 12:06:37

I'm 35 smile

The doctors are never very excited about these things, but then they see it every day. They don't need to know about it though so don't worry about that. It is only towards the end they advise you not to go on aeroplanes, apart from that you are free to leave the country smile

tinypolkadot Tue 28-May-13 12:35:13

Hi vix thanks for the guidance, I really have no clue what to expect!

DawnOfTheDee Tue 28-May-13 12:47:40

Hi Vix - I'm in a similar situation to you. Due on 23rd Jan but DD was 15 days late so i'm pretty sure this one will be a feb baby. I know what you mean about being on the arse end of an antenatal thread..!

With DD she was due on 7th Jan but not born till 22nd....by that time everyone was busy with their newborns! I'm on the jan thread too at the moment so i'll see how i feel in the coming months.

I'm in yorkshire btw (Leeds). Not really got any symptoms besides eating jars of pickles but my first was like that too so not too worried.

I have my first mw appointment a week today...time seems to be going sooooo slowly.

Thisisfreakingmeout Tue 28-May-13 13:28:21

Just got pregnacare with omega 3. Didn't realise it would be 2! Dappy! How about you?

vix206 Tue 28-May-13 14:26:56

I've just got the basic pregnacare, it was on special offer smile

Hi DawnoftheDee, its awful going so overdue isn't it? I'm really hoping to avoid being induced this time!!

DawnOfTheDee Tue 28-May-13 17:04:30

Me too! Don't fancy another induction really. Hope our new community mw is good and i can discuss everything with her properly. DD ended up EMCS and i really don't know what to do for the best this time.

purplypink Tue 28-May-13 18:06:44

Hi, I just got my positive test result yesterday, think due date will (hopefully) be 4/5th Feb.

I'm 30, and have 2 dd, (7+5), even though this is #3 I'm very nervous, and have done 3 tests so far, as don't believe it!

We have been trying since sept.

tinypolkadot Tue 28-May-13 18:13:40

Hi purplypink congrats! grin

I found out yesterday too, and think I'm due the same time. I dare not do another test, I just keep prodding my breasts to make sure they're still sore!

DawnOfTheDee Tue 28-May-13 18:56:23

Congrats purplypink!

I've done 3 tests too and have one left. I'll probably end up doing that one too then I Must Stop It.

My trouble is I don't have morning sickness (which i am thankful for, promise!) and my boobs aren't really sore either. Same as with DD so i'm pretty sure all is fine but a symptom or two would be reassuring!

Thisisfreakingmeout Tue 28-May-13 19:24:19

Hey DofD I feel the same! No symptoms whatsoever but the missing AF. Boobs normal, no sickness. I have peed on two so far. Don't fancy peeing on another fiver but I don't really believe it!
I'll call the docs at the end of next week when I'm nearer to 6 weeks and see if they will have me!

purplypink Tue 28-May-13 19:25:36

I've no symptoms either apart from extreme tiredness. I had really bad morning sickness with both dd's. (Thankfully on holiday this week)
I have a cheapy test and a digital one left, I might save them till further on in case I get paranoid.
Is that silly?

DawnOfTheDee Tue 28-May-13 19:43:00

If you've got them already it'd be silly not to use them...wink

Tbh I think it's perfectly normal from what i've read on mn. It's the wait until the 12 week scan that's the trouble. I know I start thinking that maybe i've imagined it all and the mw will look at me like i'm a crazy person.

MrsSpencerReid Tue 28-May-13 20:05:44

Hi to the new members grin vix, my ds is 13 months. Here you just self refer to the mw, will ring them thurs. I'll be under consultant care so contacting mw's is a formality really! I took some vits today and realised they were out of date blush went to chemist to get calpol for grumpy ds, noticed preg vits were on bogof but I was chatting to someone who commented that ds must be a great contraceptive and isn't one enough etc and I chickened out of buying them!! I have some somewhere from when I mc but I think they must be unlucky so I'm gonna buy some more crazy glad to hear not everyone is feeling as vomity as me smile

Bunnygotwhacked Tue 28-May-13 20:09:26

Signing in I got my bfp today so i'm due sometime in feb am thinking might try to pick up one of those dating tests thursday see what it says my lmp was on 30th april incase anyone here knows how they work them out. This will be dc4 and am just as excited as i was for dc1

MrsSpencerReid Tue 28-May-13 20:19:43

Hi bunny, my lmp was 27 April, I'm due 1/2 so I guess you must be due the 4th? It's a good date, my oh's birthday smile

Isabeller Tue 28-May-13 21:21:39

Hi I hope it's ok to join, I had a positive test on 25th after DE IVF but it's such early days I can't quite believe it. I'm also feeling much more tired and thirsty than usual. I am very ancient with an adult DD so no idea about how the system works now but the obessive search for information is very familiar (only last time it was books....).

vix206 Wed 29-May-13 06:54:37

Hi Bunny and Isabeller and congrats on your BFPs!! grin

Bunnygotwhacked Wed 29-May-13 08:49:46

hey all I'm feeling decidedly green this morning It finally hit me last night when I suddenly thought aww shit going to have to go through labour again why do these things never occur to you when you are ttc grin

Thisisfreakingmeout Wed 29-May-13 08:59:34

isabeller yes SO thirsty!
bunny yes, it is so alarming!
Congrats to you both!

Plentyofcats Wed 29-May-13 09:13:41

Found out I was 2-3 weeks pregnant last Friday - first time and 3rd month of trying after being on Cerazette for a decade shock Terrified and excited but no clue what I'm doing!

ChocoFrog Wed 29-May-13 10:48:19

Just got my bfp today, due on the 4th Feb. Bricking it slightly as had ectopic last Sept and mc at 6 weeks in March so very early days for me. I'm marking my place but will probably lurk until I'm more sure I'm here for good. Feels better this time but I may be making it all up in my head! Fingers crossed...

vix206 Wed 29-May-13 11:51:23

Right then, I've created a stats thread for us while I'm at my computer (rare)

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1767134-February-2013-Stats-Thread

vix206 Wed 29-May-13 11:51:54

Welcome to ChocoFrog and PlentyofCats!

This thread is not accepting new messages.