Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2014

(1000 Posts)
vix206 Mon 20-May-13 07:11:52

Very early days but I'm due 26 January - really expecting early February after being 15 days late with DC1. Thought I'd get the ball rolling grin

Anyone else?

vix206 Tue 21-May-13 18:43:08

Just me at the moment then smile

Yonionekanobe Tue 21-May-13 21:18:36

Vix - come and join us in January for the time being!

vix206 Wed 22-May-13 05:45:09

Thank you Yoni! smile

It might sound funny but I'm really looking forward to not being far behind everyone on an antenatal thread! Both my pregnancies have been due at the end of the month and so I'm always one of the last to have scans etc. I've no doubt this baby will be early Feb rather than late Jan so I'm lurking on your thread wink but sticking with this one. There's no way i could keep up with 2! Hopefully I will have company soon gringringrin

Yonionekanobe Wed 22-May-13 21:13:45

I know that feeling - DD was 27th and I ended up giving up on thread for the same reasons you give! This one is 02/01 so I'm ahead of the crowd grin

vix206 Fri 24-May-13 06:48:05

Thought I'd have some company by now grin

vix206 Mon 27-May-13 10:46:48

Still by myself?! shockgrin

tinypolkadot Mon 27-May-13 11:50:49

Hi vix not sure if I'm too early to join you? I got my bfp today, 1 - 2 weeks apparently! grin

Due 5 Feb possibly?

Still v v early days. This is dc #1 for me, conceived cycle 1, so I'm in a bit of shock!

vix206 Mon 27-May-13 14:33:31

Yay tinypolkadot! Congratulations and thank you for easing the loneliness!! smile

tinypolkadot Mon 27-May-13 14:55:49

Thanks very much vix smile and congratulations to you too!

So much to start thinking about, not really sure where to begin!

I can keep you company until Friday and then I'll be away for a holiday (undecided if that's good timing or not!)

Surely someone else will join us by then?!

vix206 Mon 27-May-13 15:05:48

I hope so!

Any symptoms yet? I mainly just have a very sore chest and feel more tired than usual.

I have an almost 3 year old to run rings round me, so not much chance for resting this time round for me grin

tinypolkadot Mon 27-May-13 15:44:58

I have, the main one is tender, swollen boobs. That's what alerted me yesterday as I was sure we hadn't conceived this month. Shows what I know!

I've also noticed my sense of smell has been sharper the past week or two and I've been having some very vivid dreams. I can sniff out soup in the office as soon as it's been opened smile

All my old aches and pains seemed to rear their head last week which made me wonder if I could be pg.

Aw, is your 3 year old a boy or girl? Do they know they might be getting a brother or sister yet?

vix206 Mon 27-May-13 16:01:06

Oh yes I forgot I also have vivid dreams, insomnia and I'm very thirsty all the time. The odd touch of nausea but nothing too bad yet.

I have a little boy. He doesn't know yet, after having a miscarriage in march I'm keeping it quiet around him until I have the 12 week scan smile

tinypolkadot Mon 27-May-13 16:29:01

I've not had any nausea yet either, hope it holds off for a couple more weeks!

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I've only told my mum, and will probably tell everyone else after 12 week scan too. Maybe tell the inlaws after the holiday...

vix206 Mon 27-May-13 18:17:51

Where are you going on your holiday?

tinypolkadot Mon 27-May-13 18:32:07

We are going to Italy to stay with some friends, so probably going to have to let them know why I'm not drinking lots of Italian wine! I'm really looking forward to getting away for a bit. Our last childless holiday for 18 years at least shock

Where in the world are you vix? UK or further afield?

vix206 Mon 27-May-13 19:12:00

Yes enjoy it!! I'm in Northamptonshire. How about you?

tinypolkadot Mon 27-May-13 19:40:03

Ha! We're practically neighbours! I'm in Bedfordshire smile

MrsSpencerReid Mon 27-May-13 20:14:33

Hello, due 1st feb here grinhowever am fully expecting a jan baby as DS was born at 35 weeks!! Am also keeping it quietish after a mmc earlier this year and am in Yorkshire! Think that covers most things you've already mentioned!! This will be the only time ever I am up to date smile

vix206 Mon 27-May-13 20:22:28

Hello MrsSpencerReid! Welcome smile sorry to see you had a MMC. Mine was not missed, I just started bleeding at 6 weeks hmm

Here's hoping for healthy pregnancies all round this time!

tinypolkadot Mon 27-May-13 20:46:26

Hello MrsSpencerReid congratulations and welcome to the thread! smile

I'll second that vix!

MrsSpencerReid Mon 27-May-13 21:29:18

Thanks smile I'm all for well behaved babies from the start!

vix206 Tue 28-May-13 06:55:53

Ha! Yes well I'm hoping for a well behaved baby who will sleep well!! By well I mean not wake up every hour at night for the first 6 months. My DS was a disaster when it came to sleep! I'm hoping I've learned a few lessons through him that may help though confused

vix206 Tue 28-May-13 07:23:08

MrsSpencerReid how old is your DS?

Thisisfreakingmeout Tue 28-May-13 08:50:01

May I join you please? Found out on 26/5, due about 4/2/13 so v early days. It will be my first. I'm 30 and I'm from hertfordshire.
I have had that top of head tingling, rush of blood feeling every time I think about it so far.
Good luck all!

People who are on their second time around: what next? Docs?

This thread is not accepting new messages.