Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nervous nutjobs pregnant with no.2

(339 Posts)
winterpansy Fri 17-May-13 11:02:48

Hello,
Just set up this wee thread for the nutjob graduates. I am hoping all our lovely thread dwellers will be on here very soon.

We should do some stats. I'll kick off:

winterpansy 1 DS edd January 5th
gemmeg
nomoreminibreaks
mummytothearkbuilder

Fingers crossed for you mummy smile

As predicted its too early to see anything. She saw a sac, yolk and embryo measuring 2mm - she said we wouldn't see a heartbeat until at least 7mm long. She puts me a 5 weeks and 1 day which given my long cycles and late ovulation is totally plausible.

Back for a re-scan on 7th June x

Mummy I'm guessing at this early stage that's the best you could have hoped for then? Good news?

I think so - initially I was thinking its bad news but I always knew my dates could be out. The hardest thing is that this is where we were last time - I had the scan at EPU and told come back in 2 weeks but its during that 2 weeks that the miscarriage started - just have to hope that doesn't happen again x

Ah OK - I see why you'd still be worried but this would have been just the same if you'd had an early scan with Noah and everything turned out ok that time. It's as positive as it can be at this stage xx

Woke up this morning and having some brown spotting. Trying to be positive but I am already so emotionally drained by it all - in all honestly I don't think I was over the miscarriage in Feb when I got my BFP.

Could it still be okay or am I starting miscarriage number 2? X

imme Sat 25-May-13 10:37:33

Mummy I had some brown spotting when I was about 9 or 10 weeks along with DS. I had a scan at the EPU and all was fine. I think they say it could be old blood from implantation. Hope all will be ok!

Mummy I also had spotting along with very painful cramps (had a scan at 9 weeks because of it) and everything was fine.

gemmeg Sat 25-May-13 10:57:08

I've heard that spotting is very common in early pg and as imme says, brown blood is old blood so poss remnants from implantation. Has it stopped now?

I also have a question- since yesterday morning when I woke up I've had a stomach ache which is under my belly button. I was poking my belly this morning and found the pain to be more on the left. It comes and goes in waves and hurts more in certain positions. It's too high up to be in my uterus. Is this what constipation feels like? I did go to the loo y.day (sorry tmi) but it wasn't a lot. Just making me worry a bit.

Mummy how are you feeling today?

The spotting slowed down during the day and there isn't any today but I just can't shake this feeling that something isn't right - my boobs aren't sore today and I'm feeling fine - no pregnancy feelings at all.

I'm going to phone the EPU on Tuesday morning and beg them to scan me earlier than the 2 weeks.

Hope everyone else is okay - sorry to he so negative - I don't want bring the thread down :-(

Not at all mummy! That's what we're all here for. Remember how we got started smile

Was it still just brown spotting?

I think ringing on Tuesday is a good idea if it will help to put your mind at rest. I wonder if it's also an idea to speak to someone about the anxiety around your miscarriage? I don't know much about it but there must be support out there - especially when dealing with the next pregnancy.

Thanks nomore - yes it was just brown spotting - I know that's common this early in pregnancy it's just how the miscarriage started as well so it's hard not to compare.

I am going to speak to the midwife about how anxious I am following the miscarriage - I think once I get into the 2nd trimester I will feel better.

The situation we are in again is exactly the same as the pregnancy we lost so it is bringing all the memories of that back xx

Of course it will bring the memories back. You probably felt your mind was put at rest by the early scan in February then went on to have that hope shattered, so it must be really hard to let yourself relax. I'm so sorry that you've found it so hard to enjoy it this time round. We're all here for you x

Thanks nomore really appreciate all you lovely ladies support xxxx

2beornot Mon 27-May-13 12:37:34

Hi mummy. I'm sorry you're having such a miserable time. The problem is that only time will make you feel better. Even if you had an early scan you'd still be worried that it might still go wrong. We'll all cross put fingers and toes for you and hopefully you'll be fine. Sending hugs x

ASmidgeofMidge Mon 27-May-13 14:33:11

Thinking of you mummy. I think chatting with the midwife is a really good idea. I had awful anxiety all the way through my last pregnancy and pnd following the birth. Feel okay at the moment but am planning to chat to my GP about the perinatal mh service this time around, although on other occasions I wonder if that's a bit ott. There's lots of othe stressors happening for me over the next year or so (new job for dh, possible move away from area, awful neighbours where we are currently) and I did have a bit of a meltdown at work on Fri. Of course, no-one there knows I'm pg.
Am struggling a bit with low mood and irritability, as well as tiredness, this time round. Don't remember this bit from last time-is this normal?

Sorry-this has turned into a bit of a saga....

gemmeg Mon 27-May-13 19:00:25

How are you feeling today mummy? I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. I've not had a miscarriage and I feel anxious so for you it must be extremely stressful. I hope you get the reassurance you need soon.

asmidge I think it's a good idea to get talking to as many people as poss about your situation. Whatever makes you feel more confident. I know what you mean about the tiredness, irritability etc...I felt great when pg with DS but the past couple of weeks I've felt so lacklustre and crappy! I know it's all part and parcel but just didn't have this before. Headache- meh!

Hi gemmeg - I have had no spotting since Saturday so hoping it was just a one off thing. I did have an internal scan on Friday so not sure if that contributed to the spotting???? It is just a waiting game until the next scan to see if the little one has developed a heartbeat and growing - desperately hoping it has. Hope you feel better soon Hun xx

ASmidge - I was talking to DH about the same thing this evening. I had PND after my birth with Noah - nothing to do with bonding or anything like that it was just me and my control freakiness / massive expectations I put on myself - I honestly thought I would turn into a perfect mix of nigella lawson and super nanny following his birth but that is not real life!! I need to learn to deal with anxiety and situations I am not in control of so planning on speaking to my midwife about it - I don't think it its OTT at all and if it makes you feel better then its worth doing xxx

2beornot Mon 27-May-13 21:57:46

ASmidge - definitely get talking as soon as possible. It's better if the professionals know as much as possible about you, as soon as possible. That way if you feel yourself deteriorating, you can get help a lot sooner.

Take care everyone x x

winterpansy Tue 28-May-13 14:01:25

Hey all, hope you're well.

mummy Sorry to hear you are unsettled and the scan didn't show as much as you'd hope but I am sure all will be well - did you phone this morning to try for an earlier appointment?

asmidge You're not alone! I've been feeling really, really down over the last week or so. Talked it over with a friend and felt better for that but will probably mention it to the dr (I'm seeing her tomorrow). Mine is probably situational (work issues) but I've also been feeling so physically crap that it's getting me down. Hope you come round a bit soon.

gemmeg How is your pain now?

Hello everyone else, how are things?

Nothing much to report here - I've work shite going on and feel crap but starting to relax a little bit now I am 8+3. Time seems to be speeding up a bit, which is good, so hopefully I'll get my 12 wk scan date soon. We've told our family and a few close friends (and I told work...hence the work shite!) and everyone is very excited so that makes me a little more cheery. Lots to look forward to as well - DS 2nd birthday party this weekend and booking a holiday for July.

ASmidgeofMidge Tue 28-May-13 20:41:28

Thanks all. thanks
mummy - glad you've had no more spotting. Could well have been the scan.

winterpansy - sorry to hear you're feeling down too. I can't work out what's hormonal, what is work shite -(happening here too)- and what might be something more sinister, ie the return of GAD/depression. Will definitely speak to GP...

MrsBB1982 Wed 29-May-13 08:03:34

Hi lovely ladies - got my BFP! Still slightly shell shocked as when we decided to try for number 2 we foolishly thought it would take ages! Have DS aged 21mo and due in January

Sorry to hear about people's preggo symptoms. Feeling horribly sick - I'd forgotten about the joys of morning (ha, try all day) sickness and the soul destroying tiredness

Congratulations MrsBB and welcome! How many weeks are you? My sickness has progressed from low level but constant to feeling almost normal with waves of oh-my-god-I-think-I'm-going-to-throw-up-right-now! Such fun...

Getting funny looks at work for wearing my anti-sickness bands. Ready to tell someone I'm going for a game of tennis at lunchtime!

Welcome MrsBB and congrats on your BFP! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now