Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nervous nutjobs pregnant with no.2

(339 Posts)
winterpansy Fri 17-May-13 11:02:48

Hello,
Just set up this wee thread for the nutjob graduates. I am hoping all our lovely thread dwellers will be on here very soon.

We should do some stats. I'll kick off:

winterpansy 1 DS edd January 5th
gemmeg
nomoreminibreaks
mummytothearkbuilder

AbiBub Fri 23-Aug-13 21:18:41

Hello winter! !! So glad to hear from you!! :0)

Thats wonderful news about your scan and that you're going to be having a DD Eeeeeeeek! I would love a DD this time thay way we would have one of each too, but i bet we will end up with another boy! How was your nausea this time compared to the last time with ds? I only ask as apparently women suffer worse nausea with dd than ds earlier on! Im so excited for you!!
The nausea is worse in the mornings for me, but hoping that it will be the first trimester where I have tge worse of it. I cant have milk very well at the moment so dry toast and rice cakes in the morning and not really sny milk at all at the moment which I really miss!! Hoping that will subside soon :0/

How are you all doing? x

winterpansy Fri 23-Aug-13 21:36:23

Hey abi!
I was definitely a lot sicker this time round than with DS but it lasted around the same time - from around 5-10 weeks. Other than that I kind of feel the same. Kicks are lot lower down (from what I can remember!) with this little lady but she's quite active already and seems to like 6am. Oh joy! I must say, I am looking forward to doing some baby girl clothes shopping! Cute little dresses, hurrah! I will keep everything crossed that you get your DD but another DS would be amazing too. I am kind of glad that DD is a DD though because another boy would have to live up to the goldenboy status that DS has aquired from the whole of both families grin DD can be the goldengirl!

AbiBub Fri 23-Aug-13 22:42:21

Awwww girlie clothes shopping, how I long for that!! Well I guess if we end up having a ds again the main thing is that the baby is healthy and happy! ! Hee hee made me chuckle about goldenboy and goldengirl status wink
My nausea with ds started later than this time and lasted 9/10 weeks till 16weeks. This time round it started earlier at about 5weeks so it would be lovely if it didnt last as long as last time! I have heard girls are supposed to generate higher feelings of nausea and sickness, but I guess I'll find out when I have 20week scan!! (Hopefully all will be well to last the whole pg) yep still nervous thank you for your info on how you've felt etc its really helpful!! :0) x

BartBaby Fri 23-Aug-13 22:47:18

I'm pleased everything is goin ok with you winter and so pleased you will get your DD. Another one here secretly hoping for a girl so I have one each, but thinking its a boy so far. Ds says he wants a little sister, which I was quite surprised at. Still a long way to go though until we can find out!

abi I know what you mean about the pills. I held off for a week after getting the prescription before taking them, but I was just feeling so bad I had to give in. I'm still not 100% or even 70% but it's a definately improvement. I was late taking one today and by god did I know about it! I don't think they are lasting as long as they should be though so when these run out I will speak to the gp to see how many I can actually take within a 24 hour period it says up to 4 on the box, but gp has said 2 so far, although i had to have an extra one today or if I need to change to something different.

I hope you are all ok anyway. Im feeling very achy today. not sure if its pg related though or if ive just been sat funny! Bedtime now for me ds will be up between 6-7. Although I will get to go back for a little nap once dh is up grin

AbiBub Sat 24-Aug-13 23:11:11

Bart, hey you! Our ds says about a little sister too. Would be lovely if we had girls eh! Im telling myself we're having another boy snd if its any different then its a bonus!! Glad the tablets are working for you if only for a little bit to take the edge off. Are you managing to keep food down and manage normal stuff or are you still restricted? So I I've been sick again today :0 ( wondering whether I should start take the tabs, as I am just not getting anything done/achieved and just seem to be sitting around all day :0 ( might be worthwhile going back to doc and asking about it. Are they the ones that you put in your lip between lip and gum and let dissolve? Mine are to be taken twice daily like that, but can cause drowsiness, but im really thinking about starting to take them as this feeling sucks and I hate being sick!!

How are you all doing? x

apprenticemamma Sat 24-Aug-13 23:58:09

abi and Bart ...I think we are on the same song sheet re gender! Also telling self it's a boy and anything else a bonus. Statistically at least one of us is getting a dd...right? And perhaps the ms is a sign (though think I got off lightly vs you two shock ). Tonight though accepted that I just can't cook anything which involves handling raw fish and meat , major boke, not without assistance wink anyway. Scan fast approaching..Mon pm... and crapping myself and saying a few wee prayers, esp when hear not so good news on other threads. Do they tell u nuchal result straight away ? winter?

AbiBub Sun 25-Aug-13 11:16:51

Hey apprentice

I am sure your scan will go fine, but let us know how you get on. I think the actual number results you have to wait for but they could probably put your mind at rest a bit whilst you're there. Im on the march thread and did see a post about the results on nucual being higher for that lady. I know its a concern when we get older but it does depend on the person. When we were having ds, I was worried bc I am an older mum and the levels come back and they were better than someone of my age so you never can tell!!

Still umming and errring on whether to take these tabs?! I just dont know!!??

How are the other ladies on tge thread?

BartBaby Mon 26-Aug-13 08:44:32

Hi ladies smile not much to report here. Feeling just about the same. Will need to go back to the go's this week to either get some more tablets or change to some different ones. These aren't lasting long enough, and need to take 3 a day (it does say up to 4 a day on the box but as I'm pg I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take that many)

We have dsd staying with us this week (she's 11) and will be telling her about the baby. Her mam is also pg aswell so I'm sure she won't be too bothered lol.

apprentice good luck for your scan today flowers

abi you will know when the time is right to take the tablets. I resisted for a week then just couldn't manage anymore and had to take them.

apprenticemamma Mon 26-Aug-13 18:05:40

Hi all. Today's scan went well thanks for your good wishes.. Little Puffin was sleeping and needed to be jiggled for the measurements!NT was 1.6. The Dr wasn't v forthcoming with result she kept reminding me that the bloods will have the final say in a fortnight but for now we are smile .

apprenticemamma Mon 26-Aug-13 18:08:32

abi how old are you? I'm 35. Bart good luck with sharing the news. It's great having older sibs. ..We r v lucky and have two fab older sdd and a sds.

AbiBub Mon 26-Aug-13 22:01:48

Hey all!

Bart, sorry to hear you are still feeling it. Yesterday was a bad day for me :0 ( I took a tablet in the afternoon and as they are the disolving on the gum kind they taste bloody awful!!! Didnt make me feel better at any point yesterday. Today have felt a little better but didnt have rice cakes today just had dry toast then about an hour later had wheatabix with hot water and mixed in a spoonful of sugar to dissolve just to help it be more palatable. Haven't eaten tonned today and have tried to keep it basic, have been having bottled water. And I have actually managed to feel half way normal. Cant tell whether its the tablets working late how quick they supposed to work? or that ive just been up and moving round more or that ive been better with which foods I eat? Any ideas ladies? I guess I'll find out tomorrow with the food thing if I do the same, as havent taken a tablet today at all!!

Apprentice thats great that your scan went well even if you did have to jiggle a bit :0) hopefully thr fortnight will go quick for you! Im going to be 32 at the beginning of October, so I too share my reservations on how the nucual scan will go, but I guess I'll find out on the 16th sept!!

Boobs dont feel as sore today but dont know why I hope its not a bad sign?! Anyone else had that??

Hows all the other ladies? x

apprenticemamma Mon 26-Aug-13 22:41:19

hey abi ...admiring as ever your long post stamina! Sounds like those tablets must be working then? also, 32 is not old!!!That was how old I was when I got pregnant last time. I'll be 36 when Puffin hatches and its a sign of the times that still have many friends who are ttc or putting it off.. and they 're my age. Yet in our parents' day a baby over 30 was positively deviantgrin

AbiBub Tue 27-Aug-13 19:39:46

Ha ha yeah for sure it was very different in our parents day completely! ! Well the tablets didnt work in the end as yesterday I tried it without and did the same sort of thing foodwise and I have done the same today foodwise and getting myself up and about and I have again felt halfway normal. Going to keep testing it and see how I go, but I have tabs on me just in case.

How's everyone feeling? Good weekend? x

winterpansy Tue 27-Aug-13 20:52:57

Evening all!

abi Sure, you're only a young thing...I'll be 33 soon! Glad you're feeling slightly more normal...hopefully it will all pass very soon and you can shake all the horribleness off and concentrate on the excitement of growing the little person smile

apprentice I'm in NI and we are offered the quadruple blood test instead of the nuchal so I can't help out on that. Took about 14 days for my results to come through..all low risk, thank goodness.

bart Thats sweet that your DS wants a little sister. You'll find out in good time! My little munchkin put the blanket over my belly when we were lying in bed watching Timmy Time before bed and said 'keep our baby warm'! So cute!

I'm feeling utterly exhausted this week - DH is away on a business trip and won't be back until late Friday night so we're home alone and it's taking it's toll. In fact, I'm off to bed now. Night night all!

apprenticemamma Tue 27-Aug-13 22:46:40

How far along are you winter? My dh rarely works away (own business) but does work 80 hour weeks so I know how lonely and tiring it is. Evening time is my sanctuary! Are u working atm? I'm 12 weeks and not getting this magical second wind thats for sure...Re the tests not getting stressed about the DS test..just gotta wait now. I told a few motormouths at work today and they duly went out and spread the gossip! A few ppl flung their arms round me and were v excited..more excited than me shock !!! Feeling v real now....

AbiBub Wed 28-Aug-13 10:20:09

Awww thanks winter! Im hoping that it passes soon, I'll be 10wks this sat! Would be really lovely to be able to have milk again at some point! ! Thats really sweet what your ds did with the blanket, too cute! :0) sorry to hear you're feeling the strain with dh not being there. Hopefully friday will come round quick enough and you'll get some restbite!

Apprentice, hopefully you'll get that second wind at some point. Glad its feeling more real for you now, even if it was down to a few motormouths at work!! Do you suffer with any nausea now?

Bartbaby how you doing? How's thd tsbs working? Did you manage to get to the docs with regards your tablets? I hope you're feeling better now.

Nausea has subsided a bit, still not gping to attempt trying milk again yet!! But my boobs feel a little less achey. Starting to worry now that somethings not right?! Did anyone else have that at any stage in their pgs? x

apprenticemamma Fri 30-Aug-13 16:24:03

just had a preliminary chat with nursery that ds at three days a week. I need to speak again to the person who sorts waiting lists but basically looks like I'll have to keep him in three days a week in order to keep his place. Had hoped to dtop to 1.5 hours. So pissed off! So I'll have to shorten my mat leave prob to six months to fund ds nursery placeangry . What are other people doing? I'm so pissed off I can't think straight! !!!

AbiBub Fri 30-Aug-13 17:15:59

Oh no apprentice that is infuriating!! Why do they do that? Its so ridiculous that you cant drop it down without losing his place, is there anywhere you could go to where they wouldn't be like that?

Im a stay at home mum, and self employed as an art and crafter since Jan although becoming pg and sickness has reduced hours recently that are as productive so I work my hours round kids etc. But I think I will go on mat leave at either normal time or see how far I can go into pg. But for self employed there's such a thing as keep in touch days which I may do!? Not sure its do early to tell! What would you like to do?

Hows bartbaby and winterpansy?

Nausea here still, still keeping fx that sickness goes after 1st trimester! How is it for everyone else?
x

apprenticemamma Fri 30-Aug-13 18:05:08

I know. that should say 1.5 days not 1.5 hours btw. I'm thinking now I'm calmer cut to two days and re register for the third day. If I don't get it sure a local childminder could cover the one day. ...shock

BartBaby Sun 01-Sep-13 20:14:48

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Been lurking but had a hectic week with step daughter visiting. On one hand it is probably easier looking after her and ds when she is here as they entertain each other and she keeps ds occupied, on the other hand she stayed up quite late with her being older and it's the holidays so there just was no break! Lol. In fact I think I went to bed before she did 3 out of the 4 nights! blush

apprentice I'm glad your scan went well. And I hope you can sort out your problem with the nursery. How old is your ds? When my ds went to nursery he only went for 2 days, and they were always brilliant. Even the school nursery let him go for just 2 full days without losing his place. He starts full time in reception this month though which he isn't going to like at all! He didn't even like going for just 2 days. Secretly though I can't wait for a little bit of me time again!

abi how are you feeling now? I've had bad days, and slightly better days. I just got a repeat prescription for my meds. What a faf on trying to get an appt. I do know one of the receptionists there and have just asked for her a few times and she always sorts me something out, but I don't like doing it too much and will probably need to ask her next week for my appt! I had very minimal sickness yesterday and even managed to go for and actually enjoy a nice meal out with dh. Then we went to see DH's friend play in a band for a bit. Obv on the orange juice and driving duties!

I hope everyone else is doing ok

winterpansy Tue 03-Sep-13 14:40:21

Hello all!

apprentice I am currently unemployed after not passing a probation period after telling my last employers I was pregnant so am at home with DS all day at the minute. I'll be starting to look for a job when this little once is around 6 months. I'm almost 23 weeks now - my app is scaring me on the countdown..17 weeks to go. Better get a move on sorting out baby clothes and getting DS's new room ready!
I'm glad DH came home on Fri - being 24/7 with a toddler and not much adult conversation can be a little trying smile Glad you are very excited and people are so happy for you!

Hello abi I'm all good, well...apart from a bit of general moaniness this week. I think I might be getting a little bit of spd and had the most awful stitch like pain in my left side yesterday. Luckily a quick google reassured me that it was probably stretching pain and little DD is kicking away to her heart's content so everything seems to be fine. I'm completely exhausted as well so haven't been in great form. I need to snap out of it before the shit truly hits the fan in the 3rd trimester grin.
How are you doing? How is the nausea this week?

Hello everyone else - hope you're all good!

Now we have a few more members on this group I was thinking we should do a little stats update?

I'll kick off:

Winterpansy 1DS EDD (DD) 2nd January 2014

apprenticemamma Tue 03-Sep-13 23:34:05

hi all winterpansy and Bart . So I spoke to nursery woman who said I CAN reduce ds days to 1.5 and she has already put him in the waiting list fir Jan 2015. Can't guarantee but v likely should be fine phew! The person I spoke to first was a younger member of staff suspected to be slightly clueless. Also I've to register dc for Jan 2015 NOW! Wtf! In other news my little one's chicken pox is clearing up, I shipped my mum in to help with c care and it's been lush to have her amazing home cooking nom! Sorry for those still nauseas, I'm on a second trimester eating mish nowgrin I hope you can join me soon.....winter that sucks about your probationary period. Thought your maternity rights were protected? I know two people who got upduffed during probationary time one was squeezed out under the guise of an apparent workplace error/disciplinary issue, the other was passed over for promotion that was promised as part of her role sad

apprenticemamma Tue 03-Sep-13 23:35:51

I can't cut and paste on phone but here's my stats: apprenticemamma 35 ds 2.4 edd march 7th 14

AbiBub Wed 04-Sep-13 15:45:49

Hey ladies!

Apprentice thats great news about nursery and bookingfor next one too! :0) also glad the chickenpox are clearing up! Yayh!

Bart, glad the nausea is reducing! Even if its sketchy at least you managed a meal out, ds, dp and myself managed to di that last week which was fab. Hopefully an appointment can be got soon to sort out tge meds properly. I am also having good and bad days :0/ yesterday was awful, I was trying to get ds ready for school etc and kept on having to rush only to wretch and nothing come up. So horrid! This morning was a little better, but still got nausea. Still miss milk majorly and very much food restrictive, so cant wait to get get to tge point that apprentice has got to (hopefully the nausea will do one and bugger off for us both soon!! )

Winter! Hello! sorry to hear about the probationary period etc they are truly missing out! Hope the spd buggers off, that is just no fun. I know what you mean about feeling exhausted! ! Have you thought of going for at least 1walka week to start off with? Ive got a yoga for pg book but still havent attempted it as nausea has got in the way, or im busy being mommy and housewife. Nausea was awful yesterday after a few days where it wasnt to bad but today not as bad as yesterday, do hoping that it will start easing off at some point!

Must finish of doing these labels. Ds started primary school yesterday and I got one set if uniform labelled but need to finish the rest off!! I will see if I can copy and paste in a new post!

Hows everyone else on here?

:0)

AbiBub Wed 04-Sep-13 15:51:36

Winterpansy 1DS EDD (DD) 2nd January 2014

apprenticemamma 35 ds 2.4 edd march 7th 14

Abibub 31, DS 4.5 EDD 29th March 2014.

(Nearly 32!! Currently 10+4weeks winter cant believe you're 23weeks eeeeeek.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now