Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nervous nutjobs pregnant with no.2

(339 Posts)
winterpansy Fri 17-May-13 11:02:48

Hello,
Just set up this wee thread for the nutjob graduates. I am hoping all our lovely thread dwellers will be on here very soon.

We should do some stats. I'll kick off:

winterpansy 1 DS edd January 5th
gemmeg
nomoreminibreaks
mummytothearkbuilder

Hi winter thanks for setting this up! The other January thread is so big I have no chance of keeping up.

I'm feeling pretty lousy now. Doesn't help that DS has a stomach bug - we've had to change his bed twice through the night and now the diarrhoea has started... It could really have waited until I was feeling less sick!

winterpansy 1 DS edd January 5th
gemmeg
nomoreminibreaks 1 DS edd January 4th
mummytothearkbuilder

2beornot Fri 17-May-13 14:35:52

Thanks winter. I've not been on the ttc thread recently because I felt that as I had a progressing nicely pregnancy it wasn't for me.
And the Dec antenatal club is massive and focused on those who are having problems (quite rightly too).

I've just got round to seeing doc this week(!) so now just waiting for midwife to phone with booking appointment. Was disappointed when I saw doc thr my BMI is 36! I thought it was 30-35, so now Im worried that my options are limited. I get that my high BMI is a risk factor but I don't have any others so I personally don't feel there should be too much emphasis on it.

Have added myself to the list (and ordered it coz I'm odd like that smile.

2beornot 1DD EDD 27th December
nomoreminibreaks 1DS EDD 4th January
winterpansy 1 DS EDD 5th January
gemmeg

winterpansy Fri 17-May-13 16:39:15

Nice to see you here!

The Jan thread is far too hectic for me to cope with. I get sleepy just reading it so I thought it would be nicer for us to chat here - since we've all been through the ttc together too!

nomore DS's nappies are revolting me at the minute - I think diarrhoea might send me over the edge. Hope the wee pet feels better soon.

2be My bmi is around 35 too I think. It was last time too and I had a waterbirth with absolutely no complications so hopefully it won't be an issue. I did have gestation diabetes though which will probably happen again but it was well controlled with diet and exercise. It'll all work out!

My lovely mum and dad are so excited - I told them today after the scan. My DB is gay and my DBIL is single (and probably always will be at this point!) so we're the only hope on both sides of gc. They have offered to take DS tonight so we can go out for dinner and have an early night. I'm very happy about that!

MrsHuxtable Fri 17-May-13 16:40:24

Hello everyone,
I only posted a couple of times on the other thread before we were even ttc but things moved quickly and I managed to conceive despite still breastfeeding a 15 months old milk monster.

Anyway, because of the breastfeeding I had irregular cycles so can't be sure of cycle length (will go with 28 days for the sake of easiness). A only somewhere in week 5 so super anxious about early miscarriage etc.

gemmeg
MrsHuxtable 1DD EDD 18th January

gemmeg Fri 17-May-13 18:53:19

Hi all!

Thanks for setting this up winter. Sounds like you're in for a lovely evening. I told my parents my EDD y.day and my dad (who fancies himself as a comedian) text me to say that he hopes I'll still be able to reach the cooker to cook his Christmas dinner this year hmm!!

nomore That sounds crappy. I hope your DS feels better soon for both your sakes.

Anyway, I'm being a complete nutjob now about miscarriage. As I mentioned on the other thread, one minute I'm excited the next terrified. All par for the course I suppose.

gemmeg 1 DS EDD 9th January

Ahhhh... This feels much more comfortable than the January thread. Lots of lovely ladies but if you blink there are another 50 posts to read!

Gemmeg crappy is what it is! Think I've got the bug a bit too so nausea is twice as bad as it has been. He hasn't really eaten all day but has been in very good sprits so fingers crossed there'll be no more sick to clean up in the middle of the night again.

I know what you mean about worrying. I think I worried a little bit last time (even though I had cramps and bleeding and an early scan) but I think I was quite ignorant about what it could actually mean. I think seeing what other women have been through on our thread and others has made me realise it does actually happen. It almost feels unfair that I would 'get away' with two straightforward pregnancies.

Evening ladies!!

winter thanks for setting the thread up hun and congrats again on the scan - such brilliant news.

I am doing okay - counting down the days until my scan next Friday - we have a busy weekend and I'm busy at work next week so I'm hoping the time flies by (yeah right!!). gemmeg I completely understand the irrational researching - DH has banned me from using Dr Google for self diagnosing!!

My boobs have started hurting - mainly once I have taken my bra off and tonight I am shattered so I'm hoping they are good signs. No sickness yet but I am super hungry! I too have a high bmi (never lost the baby weigh from DS) and worried about any weight lectures from drs or midwives as its a sensitive subject for me (v.sensitive about my appearance!)

Could one of you lovely ladies add me to the list as I'm on my phone.

Mummytothearkbuilder - 1DS EDD - tbc (irregular cycles - scan 24.05)

Thanks lovelies xxx

2beornot Fri 17-May-13 21:26:54

We should be enjoying our pregnancies!!! I must admit I would be freaking out at the sight of blood though. I'm glad some of you have had reassuring early scans.

I've had little in the way of symptoms. V tired (but the work is manic and I have a 2 year old) and early evening nausea (no actual sickness yet). So I consider myself lucky!! That said I will be convinced by my twelve week scan that I've made it all up!!!

Has anyone had any gut feelings about which sex they might be carrying? For some reason I have only been looking at boys names!!!

gemmeg 1 DS EDD 9th January
Mummytothearkbuilder - 1DS EDD - tbc

I never even thought of miscarriage or anything sinister but my miscarriage in feb has made me so nervous. I think once I see the heartbeat I will feel more reassured.

I think we will have a girl but DH thinks we will have a boy - I am the only girl on my Dad's side so we are due another girl!! It's the thought of picking a name that I'm struggling with - I LOVE DS name (Noah - you probably guessed by my username!!) and can't imagine loving another name as much as I love his!! X

I'm convinced I'm having another boy as things have felt quite similar but then again a boy is what I'm familiar with so that might be it. I can only think of boys names but don't like any as much as DS1's (Henry) and the ones I like are in the top 10/20, which puts me off. Plus I've gone off the girl's name we had when DS was born (Rosie).

MrsHuxtable Fri 17-May-13 22:55:09

I'm not even 5 weeks and I'm already starting to feel off my food. Nothing really appeals apart from the odd thing and then when I eat it, it tastes disappointing. I hope that's not the start of Hyperemesis like last time. I was sick for 7 months. Really can't afford it this time with a new job (that I need to keep the pregnancy from for as long as possible) and a 15 months old that is still breastfeeding all the time. Oh dear.

I'm really, really, really hoping for another girl. We've had names picked since before conception. That's how nutty we are. Oh, and I hope it's not twins as there's a 13% chance if you conceive while breastfeeding. I don't know how we would cope with 3 under 2/3. On the other side, we wouldn't have to chose whether to have 2 or 3 children which is quite a hot topic between DH and myself.

How many children is everyone else planning altogether?

I love the name Noah btw. Our boy name is Phillip and a girl will be Henriette (Hettie).

MrsHuxtable Fri 17-May-13 22:55:47

Oh yes, and because I really want agirl, I'm convinced I'm having a boy!

nomore I know what you mean about popular names - I love the name Amelia for a girl - I have loved it for years and now it's the top girls name!! Think I would still go with it though :-) Henry is a fab name and on my shortlist for a boy - DH really likes Louie which I am warming too.

mrshux I have always wanted 3 children but the anxiety of early pregnancy and the sadness that came with the miscarriage has made me wonder if we might stop at 2 - who knows!!

I am trying hard not to get too ahead of myself (thinking of names etc) as I am still so early but it's so hard and part of me thinks to just try and stop worrying about things - today I'm pregnant and that's what I should focus one!! Xx

gemmeg Sat 18-May-13 10:16:17

DH told me today he feels very strongly that we're having a girl but I think it could be a boy....no real biological evidence. It's purely based on the fact I'm craving savoury/salty foods and normally I have a sweet tooth. I am also hungry all the time. I used to wait until DS wakes from his nap to eat lunch with him but now I can't wait and eat without him. Completely off coffee now too which was always my favourite part of the day. I even bought a posh de-caff but even the smell of it puts me off.

We also try to avoid the most popular names but we have the added difficulty if finding a name that's appropriate in England, Austria (where we live) and Hungary (DH is half Hungarian and we spend a lot of time on holiday there. I love old fashioned names. DS is called Stanley. I'm with you though mummy....trying not to get ahead of myself!

2beornot Sat 18-May-13 13:56:19

We're planning on two - so this will be last pregnancy! DH completely dismisses the idea of any more, but I think never say never and who knows what we'll think in 5 years time?

I hope it's not the start of hyperemesis MrsH. I've been soooo lucky to not have a single bout of morning sickness, but I can imagine how awful it is.

We picked a fairly common name for our dd but I love it so much I didn't care. Wish we didn't have such a common surname too though!!

Ladies can I feel sorry for myself on here? I've been struck down by DS' bug and spent all last night with sickness and diarrhoea. I'm hoping it is just the bug and not the start of hyperemesis, which is just about my worst nightmare in pregnancy. I'm such a wimp when I'm sick! I don't quite cry anymore but kind of wail pathetically to myself like a child.

On a plus note, DS' 'pourty' potty is perfect for throwing up into and really doesn't drip! I'd recommend it smile

Oh no nomore - sounds awful hun :-( really hope it's just a bug and you feel better soon.

I am having one of those nervous days - just don't seem to have any symptoms other than sore boobs - no sickness or anything - could I just be one of those people who don't get many symptoms??? X

imme Sun 19-May-13 10:03:32

May I join this thread? Tested positive last week with due date around 18th January and the January thread seems too busy to keep up with.. Already have a DS who is nearly 3. Last time around I got the BFP only when I was about 8 days overdue so was surprised to get it at 2 days late this time. Sickness hasn't started yet but feeling very tired and bloated. Would be great to share our pregnancy experiences here.

Welcome imme - I looked at the Jan thread too but it was moving so fast I couldn't keep up!! I think my due date may be around 18th too - I'm having a scan in Friday to confirm the due date - so nervous!! X

2beornot Sun 19-May-13 17:55:25

Nomore, that's sound just what you don't need!! Really hope it is just a bug.

Imme-welcome!! I know what you mean about the antenatal month clubs. There is just too much traffic!! I can't keep up!!

gemmeg Sun 19-May-13 19:12:35

Welcome imme!

nomore how are you feeling now?

mummy I also have few symptoms. Just feel a bit queasy and hungry but don't know what I want to eat!!

Hi - I'm out of bed now (finally managed it at 5.30). Haven't been sick for a while but just feel exhausted. Only had 2 pints of flat ginger beer and a rich tea biscuit all day but don't feel like eating at all.

Today I would take few symptoms over this but I know what you mean. It can put your mind at rest to 'feel' pregnant until scans and kicking.

Welcome imme!

winterpansy Sun 19-May-13 21:11:11

Oh no nomore That's so grim. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

mummy Are you feeling any better about it all this evening? My symptoms kicked in properly at 6 weeks exactly. Before that I was a bit unsure too.

I've been feeling totally awful all weekend. Bloated, sick, constipated, exhausted...grumpy - the whole heap! I had totally forgot how awful early pregnancy can be!

Counting my blessings though, of course.

I was totally convinced DS was a boy right from the minute we found out last time but not sure about this one. I have different symptoms this time. I suppose all will be revealed at the 20 week scan! This will definitely be our last (I always wanted 3 but have changed my mind!) so whatever will be, will be. A boy would be handy as we have so many boys clothes but DS has quite an unusual name which will be hard to match with another boy so a girl would be easier to name!

Hi ladies!!

How are you all doing? Hope those of you who were feeling poorly are feeling a bit better!

I am still fairly symptom free - my boobs are hurting at night (when I take my bra off) and I am a bit more tired than usual but other than that (and a strong sense of smell) I am feeling fine. I have been thinking back to when I was pregnant with DS and I actually never got sickness - I felt a bit of nausea around 10 weeks but that's it - trying to think positively!!

We have our scan in Friday - both me and DH are so so nervous - Friday seems like a lifetime away!!

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now