Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread for the spotting and cramping, slightly freaked out Jan 2014 baby due date club

(87 Posts)
Mythreeknights Wed 15-May-13 12:23:47

Given a fair few of us have been freaking out over spotting and cramping at the very start of our pregnancies, I thought we should start a new thread where we can share our 'symptom's with each other and guide each other through our own experiences.
I got my BFP on Monday this week, started spotting on Tues morning (yesterday) with stringy brown CM, one and off, cramping finished up by mid afternoon but spotting is ongoing.
I've not had this with either of my other two pregnancies so this is all new to me and is slightly freaking me out, but it's reassuring that in most cases it is implantation bleeding. Those who say spotting without cramping and not reassuring me much since I have had both!!

So, join in if you are in the same boat as me!

Sultanajo Tue 21-May-13 12:38:31

Hey MissM I am in exactly the same boat. Have been having brown sludge since last Wednesday. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and have booked a private scan to check things tomorrow. Currently trying to be positive but shitting myself! Time is just standing still at the moment! Arghhh! X

MissMedusa Tue 21-May-13 16:04:12

I'm 7+1 today so it's a bit early for that but who knows. Started taking progesterone supplements just in case.

Sultanajo Wed 22-May-13 15:39:10

Well I am not holding out much hope for the scan tonight as the week of brown spotting has just changed to a heavier reddier colour with some cramping. Not gonna post this on the main forum because don't want to freak anyone out. Will be absolutely gutted as I was just talking myself round that everything would be OK this time. I still feel sick as a dog so that would be really cruel, but I will be really surprised if it's all OK. I have pretty much resigned myself now to getting bad news! This really sucks!!!

Will let you know after the scan.....

MissMedusa Wed 22-May-13 17:27:39

Fx for you sultana sad
Please do let us know how it goes.

chocoloulou33 Wed 22-May-13 18:06:49

Ah no sultanajo please let us know. Rly hoping all is ok. Please don't worry about writing stuff on other thread. We r all there to support each other x

Keeping everything crossed for you Sultana

Sultanajo Wed 22-May-13 19:32:35

Thanks so much ladies. Really thought it was game over this afternoon, but.....am still in the game for now! Bubba seen with strong heartbeat thank god! They couldnt find the cause of the bleeding and said while its not normal its very common and nine times out of ten they dont find out why!

Cant tell u how relieved and amazed I was to see the little one doing ok! Next hurdle is getting past 9 weeks when it all went wrong last time so have booked another scan for ten weeks just to make sure....!

MissMedusa Wed 22-May-13 19:34:22

Yippee! So happy for you!

My spotting has stopped as well so I'm feeling a lot better now.

Sultanajo Wed 22-May-13 20:17:04

Yeay thats great news missm! xxx

MTBMummy Thu 23-May-13 08:28:47

That's great new Sultana - I'm so happy for you

Myth - ClearBlue was the one I was adivsed to use as it gives you the number of weeks pg based on your hormone levels - keeping everything crossed for you.

I just wanted to come back and say thank you to everyone for their support, thoughts and hand holding, I needed to distance myself for a bit well I dealt with everything that had happened, but will be getting back in the saddle as soon as the bleeding stops.

What I hated the most over the last week, was having both symptoms for being pg and mc'ing, I felt that was the worst blow nature could have dealt, but the back ache and nausea have finally lifted and the cramping has stopped.

DP and I have agreed to be open with people about what has happened, we were due to be baby sitting some friends toddler and baby, and I just couldn't face it emotionally, but didn't want to lie about why.

In good news, we're about to make an offer on a fantastic family home, having just had the sale of our dream location fall through, and I'll be planting a small bush for little lost bean, once we have moved in.

Anyway -I just wanted to add the final stages of my journey on this, and thank you all for being there while I walked these horrible steps.

MTBMummy Thu 23-May-13 08:29:30

that should be MyThreeKnights not Myth - stupid phone!

cosmickitten Thu 23-May-13 11:08:37

Sultana so happy to see your news.

MTB - thinking of you and your husband

Sultanajo Thu 23-May-13 13:50:13

Thanks cosmic.

!MTB thanks so much for the update and I am so pleased you have gone through the worst of it and starting to come out the other side. Its such a cruel trick of nature and so unbelievably out of our control. Thats really great news on the house and as u say u can then plant something in memory of your lost bean.

Take care of yourself xxx

Mythreeknights Thu 23-May-13 14:18:46

Sultana my heart was in my mouth reading your earlier update about the heavy bleeding so it was magical to read lower down that your clever bean is ok. That's amazing - I too would have assumed it was game over.

MTB You are being so strong and wise looking forward to positive things to come in the future. It must have been a really shitty week for you :-( Thanks for the recommendation of CB HPT - I have gone and got one and am itching to use it now but GP said wait til Fri so I'll do that first thing tomorrow and fingers x it thinks I'm still pg.

Theoretically I'm 5+4 today, (only because I tested + on a Monday). How many weeks is everyone else?

Sultanajo Thu 23-May-13 18:40:11

mythree I have never been so convinced! I really thought I knew it was over and actually said out loud "well thats that then"! Unbelievable! I actually gasped when she said all was well!!! grin Just keeping everything crossed the little bean sticks around this time! X

MTBMummy Fri 24-May-13 09:50:12

MyThree I hope you got the positive result you were after this morning.

MissMedusa Fri 24-May-13 10:31:33

Thanks for the update MTB I'm so sad for you. Nothing can erase that kind of pain and its just so unfair sad

sultana how is your spotting? Mine is back now so I'm taking progesterone supplements (in form of a suppository - fun). I'm so sick a d tired of the constant worrying, why can't we just be allowed to relax and enjoy being pregnant without being convinced we're losing our baby constantly? sad

Mythreeknights Fri 24-May-13 13:49:09

Hi all, GOOD NEWS smile I am definitely pregnant - did a clear blue and it said 3+ weeks which makes me 5-6 weeks as expected. I think I'll be 6 weeks on Monday. Feeling more relieved but also I'm with you MissM - I definitely don't think it's a guarantee that I'll have a baby in Jan - just want to get to that 12 week scan and then I might relax a little. Sigh. MTB thanks for thinking of me and asking how I'm doing. It's a roller coaster hey. I hope you are doing ok - where in your cycle are you now? Do you have to wait until AF comes before you can start a new cycle or does the m/c start as CD1? Where does it leave you? xx

Sultanajo Fri 24-May-13 18:56:48

Hey missm well without jinxing myself today has been the lightest day so perhaps its on its way off, although not holding my breath!

mythree thats awesome! So pleased for u! As u both say, it would be amazing to relax and enjoy the experience, but its impossible! Feeling more desperate the further along I get. Not past the 9 weeks I got to last time yet and will be shitting myself at the ten week scan I have booked, but if things are still ok then it will be a very nervous wait until the 12 weeks!!!confused

AmandaMae Mon 03-Jun-13 10:00:50

Can I join in? Having a bit of trouble keeping my hair on over here.

I think I'm about 5-6 weeks pg, going by ovulation date. This is my second pg - DS is coming up on 4. First pg was a breeze, apart from a serious dose of the vomits which went on till 20 weeks. But yesterday, I started with period-like pains and a brown discharge, which turned pinker as the evening went on (also spotted some small lumpy bits, which really worried me). I'm nowhere near as stoic as some of you, so I called Queen Charlotte's and was told to take myself up to A&E. Saw a lovely doctor from the maternity ward - had some blood taken, had an internal and am booked in for a scan later today.

TMI alert: doctor said my cervix was closed, which would indicate that I wasn't in the process of miscarrying at that particular point. So that's good news, I guess.

And again with the TMI alert...But this morning, when I wiped, there was a big lumpy bit. Cue serious wobbly moment on the loo.

I know I just have to wait and take things as they come. But it's hard. DH is a peach, but is not the most emotionally literate man in the world. Just need to know I'm not alone.

Mythreeknights Tue 04-Jun-13 12:17:23

Oh Amanda that's rubbish and I hope the scan revealed that all is well? Please let us know what happened. I think if there was just a bit of spotting then that's not so serious but spotting AND cramping is not so good (although that's what I had and I'm still pregnant). Could the lumpy bit have been thrush or something else like that? Write back and let us know what is happening and we are thinking of you brew

AmandaMae Wed 05-Jun-13 10:50:16

Thanks for writing back, Mythree. It's not been a good couple of days. The reason for the radio silence was that things escalated somewhat suddenly. Whilst I was waiting for my scan, the cramps got significantly worse. I'd had a blood test at my GP on Saturday morning, with a decent HCG count (3404), but the results from the blood taken on Sunday night should that my levels were dropping (2800). This is a very bad sign. sad So by the time I had the scan I knew what was coming.

I started snivelling when the lovely sonographer asked me if I was alone, but managed to get it together long enough to walk out of the hospital. Called DH at work and wailed; he knew enough to get his ass home as fast as his legs could carry him. Picked up painkillers and pads on my way home and curled up in a ball. Didn't come out till Tuesday morning.

I was super-wobbly yesterday, but I'm feeling better emotionally and physically today. I'm sure it will come and go. Thankfully we hadn't told anyone except my parents (still can't face talking to my mum - I know it will make me howl) so at least we don't have to face anyone.

I wish all of you the very best of luck - I will keep an eye on the thread and hope that I hear lots of you make it all the way to January! We will be trying again soon, so maybe I'll connect with some others who've dropped out in the not-too-distant future.

Take care of yourselves!

Mythreeknights Wed 05-Jun-13 11:00:33

Oh amanda that really is shit news. I'm so sorry for you. I guess any pink cm / bleeding half way through a 'cycle' (e.g. not at 4 weeks or 8 weeks pg) would be bad news, I was just hoping that in your case all would be ok. It sounds like you have been incredibly strong and need a little more time to grieve and hopefully that's your miscarriage quota over and done with for life and now your body can get on and make a healthy baby. I do believe very deeply that our bodies know if there's something not 100% right with the baby (not just disabled, but that it couldn't survive outside the womb) and that accounts for lots of miscarriages.

Take a deep breath, ignore the world for a little longer and stay in touch with us. Big hugs. flowers

MTBMummy Wed 05-Jun-13 12:29:23

Amanda so sorry to hear your news, I keep coming back to this thread, in the hope that what I've been through may help some of the others, it does get better, but it takes time, I was lucky in that I was able to take almost a week of work, and could focus on getting myself stable.

Be kind to yourself, and I keep telling myself over and over again, it will happen soon, but I'd be lying if I said January will pass without a bit of sadness

MissMedusa Wed 05-Jun-13 17:37:04

MTB were you able to mc naturally or did you have a D&C? I'm in the process of a mc now as well and just hoping my body will pass it naturally. I had a D&C last time and I really don't want to do that again. On the other hand, I'm still only spotting and I don't want this to keep going on for too long.

It's awful any way you look at it. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now