Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread for the spotting and cramping, slightly freaked out Jan 2014 baby due date club

(87 Posts)
Mythreeknights Wed 15-May-13 12:23:47

Given a fair few of us have been freaking out over spotting and cramping at the very start of our pregnancies, I thought we should start a new thread where we can share our 'symptom's with each other and guide each other through our own experiences.
I got my BFP on Monday this week, started spotting on Tues morning (yesterday) with stringy brown CM, one and off, cramping finished up by mid afternoon but spotting is ongoing.
I've not had this with either of my other two pregnancies so this is all new to me and is slightly freaking me out, but it's reassuring that in most cases it is implantation bleeding. Those who say spotting without cramping and not reassuring me much since I have had both!!

So, join in if you are in the same boat as me!

MTBMummy Fri 17-May-13 07:34:41

Morning Sunny, hand holding for your appointment this morning.

My GP's main concern was that this was ectopic which now I've read up more on it, it might be, I couldn't link the pains in my left shoulder to anything and the cramping is definitely slightly to one side.

The other thing my GP mentioned on the phone was that he thinks I may actually be at 10 weeks, rather than the 6 I thought I was as my last period only lates a couple of hours and could have just been implantation bleeding - I feel so stupid!

Anyway will let you know how it goes later x

Sultanajo Fri 17-May-13 08:48:23

MTB and Sunny so very sorry both of you if it is the worst. MTB do not blame yourself! Its natural to start thinking back as thats what I did, but it really wont be something u have done. Really hope its not ectopic. Got everything crossed for u xxxx

cosmickitten Fri 17-May-13 10:00:03

MTBMummy and Sunny I’m thinking of you this morning. I’m so sorry to hear that your bleeding has got worse. Please don’t torture yourselves. Nothing that is happening is your fault. Nature can be cruel and in reality there is nothing we can do to change that

Chocco what awful news poor little boy.

I’m still following orders and doing very little. Seem to be spotting rather than bleeding at the moment, so feeling more hopeful. I think the test will come when I start moving about more.

Mythreeknights Fri 17-May-13 12:56:28

Hi all, MTB and Sunny - how are you guys doing? Sorry to hear the bleeding has carried on :-( Not good news for you.
I POAS again today as planned, and it came up strongly positive which is great, but also saw a GP (seperate issue - DSs both with ongoing coughs and needed to check them over) and mentioned the pg to him and the spotting and he basically said leave it another week before testing again - bleeding strongly likely to have been a m/c and positive test today just residue hormones. Possible that it was just 'break through' bleeding, but anyhow, I'll leave it until next Fri and if still positive then I'm still in the game. Frustrating not to know conclusively (and have to keep off the alcohol!!) but there we go.
Chocco - that's my biggest fear (more than a m/c) - having one of my children suffer from cancer. Your poor friend - I do hope she is coping as well as can be.
Cosmic - are you going to re-test at any point? Or what are your next steps going to be?

cosmickitten Fri 17-May-13 13:38:07

Mythreeknights spoke to GP today, if spotting keeps up or I have another bleed they will send me to EPU for a scan in a week or so.

My husband has decided he wants me to have a scan privately whatever happens at the end of next week (we had already booked it). Hopefully scan will show bean is still alive, well and growing.

Private scans are an expensive habit but we have some savings orginally ear-marked for fertility treatment. Feel very lucky to have the option.

Hi all

Well I've had my blood taken again and am anxiously awaiting the results. I should hear by 4.30.

They didn't rescan me at the EPU. I explained the cramps, clots and bleeding to MW who said it would be best to wait for the blood test results before deciding in any more scans. She didn't say it was definitely a mc but I'm preparing for the worst.

Can't stop staring at my blooming phone!

How are you doing MTB? Any news yet.

X post mythree

Will keep FX you are able to see a healthy beating little bean at your private scan and your spotting stays away

chocoloulou33 Fri 17-May-13 14:08:14

Hi ladies. Mtb posted on main thread, she is at a & e being checked out for a possible ectopic, let's hope its not. sunny I hope your phone call brings good news xX
My3knights & cosmic, hope ur bearing up ok too x

Hi ladies. Have updated the main thread but thought I should post here too.

Blood tests came back showing a complete drop in hcg so unfortunately I'm out sad. I'll be keeping everything crossed that all your symptoms are completely normal and you have healthy little beans at your 12 wk scans xx

chocoloulou33 Fri 17-May-13 18:35:40

oh no sunny sad how awful. I'm so sorry xx look after yourself ok. I hope things in the future work out for u & you have a healthy pregnancy very soon xxx

MTBMummy Fri 17-May-13 21:43:55

Evening all, sorry for the lack of update but I'm finally home, A&E rushed me off to EPU. I feel like I've had very possible test going, internal (ouch) an external. They've not been able to tell me much, and I need to go back on Sunday morning for more tests.

The good news bits, I've not lost enough blood to need a transfusion, one of the things my GP was worried about. My hormone levels are exceptionally high, and while they can't find anything (ectopic or otherwise) they've said it's not unknown for them to miss something, especially if my version of the dates are correct an I am only 5 weeks. So retest on Sunday, then wait for results on Monday and I'll finally know.

I'm not going to post this on the main thread as it seems to be upsetting a few people. But wanted to update you all and thank you for the hand holding and well wishes x

Sultanajo Fri 17-May-13 21:53:11

Hey MTB was worrying we hadnt heard! Glad there were some positives and you should find out for sure on monday. Bet u have had a long knackering day!!! X

chocoloulou33 Sat 18-May-13 08:00:52

mtbmummy glad ur ok, was fearing complete worse when u didn't write on here. Am glad u have a little bit of hope. Very glad it doesn't seem to be ectopic. Keeping everything crossed for you that all will be ok xxx

MTBMummy Sat 18-May-13 08:32:23

I'm so sorry for worrying you all, I had very little signal and was conscious my battery was running low and I needed it to contact DP to come and collect me.

I wish I could be more positive, but the bleeding has started again this morning, so I'm expecting dropped hormone levels on Monday.

Sultanajo Sat 18-May-13 12:27:59

MTB its so hard isnt it! Makes you feel so helpless and its all you can think about. Xxx

Mythreeknights Mon 20-May-13 09:25:01

Oh Sunny I'm so sorry <holding you hand and offering a large cup of sugary tea>
Rest up well and they do say that fertility boosts immediately after mc, so perhaps next month or the one after that will be your sticky bean month. You have been v brave throughout.
No update from me - not going to have EPU scan as will only be 5 weeks or so right now, so no heartbeat and nothing really to see. Will wait til Friday as planned and will re-test and hope for a strong positive. I feel pregnant though iykwim - tired, look like shit, heavy belly, sore boobs.
MTB - thanks for the updates - please keep us in the loop - so far the tests seem positive so hopefully this fresh bleeding is unrelated. xxx

cosmickitten Mon 20-May-13 12:38:38

sunny I'm really sorry to see your news xx

MTBMummy Mon 20-May-13 18:41:22

Hi sunny I'm going to have to join you, just had my call back about my hormone levels and they've dropped completely.

So no little bean left.

Hopefully I'll be on another thread in the next few months, but best of luck to you all and thank you so much for the support.

x

chocoloulou33 Mon 20-May-13 21:58:52

So sorry mtbmummy thinking of you :'( take care of yourself. Good luck for the future xx

Oh MTB I'm so sorry. I'll keep everything crossed that you're back in another thread with a healthy bean very soon.

With any luck I may be there too. I've been a bit of a snivelling mess since Friday but DH and I have decided to start TTC again as soon as I'm ready. I'm not sure if I'm being short sighted, but right now it's only the thought of getting pg again soon that it getting me through.

Also meant to say thank you so much for all your kind messages. You have no idea how lovely they are to read. flowers

Mythreeknights Tue 21-May-13 09:18:15

Oh MTB that is sad news. On Friday your hormone levels were quite high so it's interesting that they have dropped so quickly in just three days. I guess at the very least a very small positive is at least you know now, and are not still in limbo waiting to see what the situation is.
Take good care of yourself and I hope to see you posting on the Feb/March/April antenatal boards. XX

Mythreeknights Tue 21-May-13 09:20:07

And Sunny - it's good to cry - I will be joining you as a snivelling wreck on Friday if my test comes up fainter than the last one, or a negative. Can anyone tell me the brand of the pg test that tells you how many weeks pg you are? That's probably the one I will use.

MissMedusa Tue 21-May-13 11:28:29

I'm so sorry to read your news mtb and sunny

I'm back on the worry us again as have had some brown sludge discharge. As long as it stays brown and not heavy, it's ok isn't it? sad

Mythreeknights Tue 21-May-13 11:55:34

Miss are you about 8 weeks pg by any chance? I think there's normal 'breakthrough' or 'anniversary' bleeding /spotting which sometimes occurs when you would expect a period (were you not to be pg).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now