Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread for the spotting and cramping, slightly freaked out Jan 2014 baby due date club

(87 Posts)
Mythreeknights Wed 15-May-13 12:23:47

Given a fair few of us have been freaking out over spotting and cramping at the very start of our pregnancies, I thought we should start a new thread where we can share our 'symptom's with each other and guide each other through our own experiences.
I got my BFP on Monday this week, started spotting on Tues morning (yesterday) with stringy brown CM, one and off, cramping finished up by mid afternoon but spotting is ongoing.
I've not had this with either of my other two pregnancies so this is all new to me and is slightly freaking me out, but it's reassuring that in most cases it is implantation bleeding. Those who say spotting without cramping and not reassuring me much since I have had both!!

So, join in if you are in the same boat as me!

chocoloulou33 Wed 15-May-13 23:32:34

I'm with you mythree!! Hope your spotting stops soon! I'm 6+3 so worried that's too late for implantation spotting? I'm trying not to worry but its so hard. I've had 2 m/c's both years ago in 2006 b4 dd was born in 2007. One started with brown blood & went on like that for weeks with docs teelling me I was ok & scan showing all was ok then it turned to red blood & I m/c at 8 weeks. I know for most people brown spotting is completly normal but ths wasn't the case with me & worried my body doing exactly the same x

Can I join you?

4th day of spotting now. Was brown on Monday and Tuesday. Turned to a bleed yesterday and back to brown today although also had a brown clot last night.

EPU scan hasn't given complete reassurance as bean measured small for my estimated dates. My hcg levels are being tested, first yesterday and again on Friday. Hopefully they will have doubled which apparently is a good indication pg is progressing.

Choco I'm with you on being told its normal. I desperately want to believe that but at the same time it's helpful to hear everyone's experiences, even if a sad outcome, as I want to prepare myself joule the worst happen.

Joule = should. :-)

Sultanajo Thu 16-May-13 10:20:09

OK ladies here I am! Last pregnancy ended in MMC at the 12 week scan end of Jan this year and an ERPC. The baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. I had had an early private scan at 8.5 weeks which had lulled me into a false sense of security as everything looked great. The only sign that something may be wrong is my nausea lifted around 10 weeks and three days before my 12 week scan I had tan coloured discharge once. So although I was still preparing myself for the worst, it was still a shock!

This time, I had tan coloured spotting which turned darker brown for 2 days around the time my AF was due, after I had my bfp. After it stopped I tried to be positive that it had been implantation bleeding. My symptoms of nausea etc. really kicked in then and the CB digital stick gave me 3+ (although I realise these aren't necessarily accurate) so I felt quite positive. Then yesterday the tan coloured spotting started again, quite light but I shat myself as I was 7 weeks yesterday! Today it's back much darker and heavier, a few cramps (although nothing major) and a faint feeling. Still major nausea and sore boobs, but nothing is really reassuring me. I know several friends who had spotting throughout their pregnancies and quite significant bleeds without ever finding out why and went on to have normal births, but again that doesn't really reassure me as I know things can be fine one day and shit the next.

It's a waiting game which is awful. In fact, TTC and pregnancy in general is one big waiting game after another. Waiting until ovulation, then the TTW, then waiting until 12 week scan, then nuchal test result waiting, then 20 week scan... Arghhhh! Such a depressing thought if we end up having to start all over again!

Hugs to you all!!! x

cosmickitten Thu 16-May-13 11:43:53

Hi

do you mind it I come and sit with you for a while? A quick recap on my post from main thread. Had a big bleed of bright red blood yesterday. Scan showed little bean a few days younger than expected but with a healthy heart.

On midwife's advice I'm on bed rest (well sofa, I can't stay in bed all day). Since yesterday I've no more big bleeds, just red and brown spotting with lots of painful cramps. The scan has made me feel positive. However, the bleed scared me lots. The ongoing cramps and spotting, makes me think that something just isn't 'right'.

Sultanajo can so relate to the waiting. I feel ever since we started trying for baby my life has turned into series waiting periods. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst simultaneously. Not really sure that resting and all this thinking time is really helpful.

chocoloulou33 Thu 16-May-13 12:22:28

Hugs sultana & cosmic I'm 6+3 2day, feels like I've got forever to go to get to a safe point! So no spotting since this morning. Its v on & off. Spoke to doc, they've told me to wait for now & see what happens & just wait for epu to get in contact but not to worry. Hmmm I'm a terrible worrier! Feeling quite sicky 2day so hoping this is a good sign x

cosmickitten Thu 16-May-13 12:35:54

Choco feeling sick is a very good sign. I was quite sick last night but not feeling sick at all this morning. However, to be fair I've not really felt sick unless moving about so far, so trying not to read too much into it.

As for waiting for epu, I think not worrying about that is almost impossible. It's so hard isn't?

Mythreeknights Thu 16-May-13 13:21:26

Hello Sunny, choco, cosmic and sultan - thanks for joining and making me feel better... it's a bugger isn't it, finally falling pg but starting off with the worry that something 'isn't quite right' and is likely to go very wrong. I'm wondering whether my spotting (which has stopped now - all day so far has been clear) is due to having a D&C last May (I'm one of the 1% of people for whom the coil goes AWOL and I had to have it surgically removed, joy of joys). So, I'm wondering whether that little op slightly damaged my uterous so when the implantation happened, it released the old blood...although that doesn't make sense as it should have all come out through my subsequent periods. Anyhow, that and having nookies the day before POAS which might have done it? I'm re-testing tomorrow, haven't called the GP, EPU or midwife yet as I know they will tell me what they have been telling you all, i.e. it's too early to know anything and just hold on and see if a major bleed happens or if nothing happens. So, I'll update you tomorrow once i've POAS again. Good luck all and keep us all in the loop. x

MTBMummy Thu 16-May-13 13:22:50

Hi All,

Thanks for starting this thread, felt bad bringing the other thread down.

Bleeding seems to have stopped, but trying to get through to my GP now for some advice.

Feeling like shit to be honest, bled really heavily from 3am to about 8am this morning, but having awful cramps now.

Mythreeknights Thu 16-May-13 13:36:51

Oh MTB that doesn't sound good. How heavy was the bleeding - like a period in full swing? I did read somewhere that sometimes it can be because you have conceived twins and one m/cs so you assume it's all over but at a scan you see a heartbeat. brew You need to rest as much as you can and be philosophical at this stage. Thinking of you and really hope it all works out - can you go to A&E if the GP isn't helpful?

cosmickitten Thu 16-May-13 13:46:40

just as info for those waiting for EPU, where I live you can't use the service until 7 weeks. At 6 weeks 5 days I was told to wait. I'm not good a waiting we got a private scan instead. It's not an all clear as cramps and spotting still are on going. Howevr £60 to know a little more was wonderful.

I know it might not be right for everyone but thought the info might be helpful to someone.

MTBMummy Thu 16-May-13 13:56:22

I'm just waiting for them to call me back now, tried calling EPU and Local midwife unit, but they won't talk to me without GP referral.

TMI warning

It was an exceptionally heavy bleed, flooded 3 (nighttime) pads in those 5 hours, seems to have picked up again and cramping is getting worse again.

cosmickitten Thu 16-May-13 14:09:39

oh MTBMummy I'm so sorry. Hope you GP call soon and is able to get you to EPU asap.

MTBMummy Thu 16-May-13 15:49:14

I've spoken to my GP and I have to go in tomorrow morning for a scan, I did say I could make it this evening, but the GP said there was no rush and tomorrow would be fine, his primary concern was actually whether or not the pain was in the middle or on the side - I'm guessing to verify if it Ectopic or not.

He did say if the palpitations continue or if I pass out, I will need to go to A&E - loving the idea of rush hour trains then confused

MTBMummy Thu 16-May-13 15:49:42

Thank you all for letting me vent on here, it really is helping my sanity

flowers

cosmickitten Thu 16-May-13 15:55:26

MTBMummy glad that you have a scan sorted for the morning. I'm assuming that the rush hour train is your commute home. Is there anyway you could leave earlier to avoid rush hour. Or maybe as a one off upgrade to firstclass?

Look after yourself, here to hold your hand

MTBMummy Thu 16-May-13 16:08:16

I've just left the office so hopefully will miss the worst of the rush hour, so glad my boss was one of the 2 people we told. She's a star and a m'netter too :-)

I just want to apologise for hogging this thread a bit, and I do hope those of you with spotting are just part of the normal group x

Glad to hear you will be checked out soon MTB. I hope you have a quick journey home and relax tonight as much as you can.

Don't apologise about hogging the thread. FX we are all part of the 'normal' spotting group. flowers

cosmickitten Thu 16-May-13 17:20:23

MTB you have nothing to say sorry for.

Sultanajo Thu 16-May-13 19:10:21

MTB really thinking of you! Glad you are getting scanned, just a shame it couldn't be today. Xxx

chocoloulou33 Thu 16-May-13 22:38:09

Only just finding time to get on here. What a horrible day. Just found out one of my good friends son has cancer. He's 7 years old. Been on phone to her for couple of hours. Feel numb. Aaghhhh anyway ladies am rly hoping ur all well, need some good news. mtb rly hoping bleeding has eased & your scan goes ok. Let us know when you can xxx

MTBMummy Fri 17-May-13 05:55:10

Hi choco so sorry to hear about your friends son, to be blunt cancer is a bitch. It's what took my mum last year, do they know what type he has? So many forms are curable these days flowers

Just an update, bleeding still heavy, about a pad full an hour, wasn't feeling to dizzy last night, but really wobbly this morning, glad I'll know one way or the other soon. Can't help but think back over the last 6 weeks and pick apart everything I've done that could have caused this, liking eating a rare steak before my BFP. Argh, need to shut my mind off.

choco so sorry to hear the news about your friends son.

MTB sorry you still have bleeding. FX all goes well for your scan today.

Quick update on my spotting. I started having mild cramps yesterday evening at work which became v strong and painful by the time I got home. Spotting had turned to heavy bleeding with clots by this point.

I'm due back at EPU this morning for my 2nd round of blood tests, but to be honest, I think I've resigned myself to the fact it's over. I'm pretty see this must be a mc, I just hope it's over quickly. I'll update you all later either way.

Sorry for starting the morning with such a crappy post. X

chocoloulou33 Fri 17-May-13 07:26:26

mtbmummy & sunny am so sad your bleeding has got worse sad wish there was something I could say but having gone thru it myself twice I know there r no real words of comfort. Do not blame yourself though, they r very common & its nothing uve done xxx am keeping my fx for a chance it might still be ok as know its possible. Hugs to u both xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now