Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else due 31st may? need some buddies x

(226 Posts)
joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 11:24:49

So that's my due date, would be fun to see who else is due then and when we all go into labour, very excited x

mildred37 Thu 06-Jun-13 10:12:38

Congratulations Jo! Sounds like an amazing birth, well done. Enjoy your cuddles; I can't believe we all have our babies now - this time last week we were fed up lol! X

NeedSomeSun142 Thu 06-Jun-13 06:27:16

congratulations well worth it aren't they hehe well done grin

joanna0211marie Thu 06-Jun-13 04:01:43

Incredible! I havent been to sleep yet! I cant seem to switch off! Im absolutely shattered, but I just can't stop staring at her <3 xx

welshfirsttimemummy Thu 06-Jun-13 03:32:24

Congratulations!!

Isn't it the most amazing feeling!

Beautiful name smile

joanna0211marie Thu 06-Jun-13 01:23:51

Had a sweep on the Tuesday at 7pm, then at 11 o'clock on the Wednesday morning contractions came hard and fast! Was in triage at 11:45 for an hour, was already at 4cm, moved to early labour ward for 2 hours, had a bath , told them my bum is pushing was at 7 cm! Moved to delivery suite was in there til when she was born, all in all the whole deliver including my time at home took 5 hrs 3 minutes! I was only allowed gas and air because everything happened so fast! She's absolutely gorgeous, 8lbs 3 and a half ounces, little blighter gave me an internal tear, 8 stitches, Lydia rose. Sorry if my sentences don't make sense, I haven't slept yet! Im soooooooooooooooooooo in love with my little girl!

mildred37 Wed 05-Jun-13 14:02:52

Hey Jo, how are you? Did you have a sweep? X

joanna0211marie Tue 04-Jun-13 14:51:24

Wouldn't it be typical that im the one that started this thread and I'll probably be the last one on it!

joanna0211marie Tue 04-Jun-13 14:49:58

It's tomorrow, mw came round the house yesterday because I had a loss of vision, turned out to be a migraine and not preeclampsia thank god! Said to her then....yeah I don't think I want one...if it was someone a bit nicer I'd give it a go, but she frightens me so I think my legs would be stuck together like a vice!

preggersbycheggers Tue 04-Jun-13 14:00:31

Yes I am as I'm 40+5 today. Just sat here in the chair while my toddler has a nap and I have some pains going on which may be the start of things.

Going to batch cook a chilli quickly just in case smile

The sweep may set you off though. Are you able to go to a different clinic and see someone different. They really aren't that bad.

joanna0211marie Tue 04-Jun-13 07:40:14

I think your a day ahead of me, im 40+4 today, not having the sweep because I don't feel very comfortable with my midwife, she's quite old school and a bit harsh! Only 8 more days tops! But I had the best nights sleep I've had last night for a long time so maybe it's a sign.......hmm

preggersbycheggers Mon 03-Jun-13 23:14:17

I'm still here Jo. Granted cant post much as my toddler keeps me busy and then I'm pooped!

I'm 40+4. But am not monumentally fed up just yet. I will be if I go more overdue this time than I did with my DS. So I need to have this one within next couple of days!!!

Congratulations newly.

joanna0211marie Mon 03-Jun-13 17:56:31

Im on my own now :-(, can someone just give me their baby! I feel left out now. 40+3 today.

Reading all these birth stories makes me almost want to do it again right now! smile

Congratulations all! Isn't it amazing!

NeedSomeSun142 Mon 03-Jun-13 03:54:28

oops pressed too soon any way we welcomed our whopper 9lb7oz lil man into the world at 3,21 am so he's a day old now, couldn't be more in love if we tried xx

NeedSomeSun142 Mon 03-Jun-13 03:50:42

hello there, waters broke at 8,45 pm yesterday (2nd) got to hospital at 10 having pains, was gonna send me home (think they wrI was like no way

mildred37 Sun 02-Jun-13 21:55:44

It wasn't that bad Jo, I was just really pleased they got him out rather than mess around with forceps or ventouse. I have to admit I was unprepared for the caserean, and am struggling with not being able to do much sad especially as we're now finally home. It was difficult getting feeding established to but we seem to have got the hang of it.

How are you both? Any more signs/twinges? X

joanna1990marie Sat 01-Jun-13 11:11:14

Omg that sounds horrific!!!!! So happy that you are all ok though, and cor blimey he would be big after being cooked for that long! Bet your so in love, well done. You can move onto post natal now lol xxx

mildred37 Sat 01-Jun-13 10:25:26

Good morning girls...sorry about my absence, but I was busy off having a baby! smile

Turned out my contractions on Thursday were early labour. They were agony by 11pm that evening so I called the unit and we went in. Moved round to midwife led after being assessed - 3-4cm dilated. Tried to settle in one of the active rooms for a while, before going into the pool for pain relief - it was amazing!! The minute I got in it was automatic relief..... for about half an hour! At 4.30am I was examined again and was still only 4cm despite having really strong contractions, so the midwife broke my waters for me. Then the pain really started! It was like someone had flicked a switch so by this time I asked for some pethidine. Also there was meconium in the waters so I got moved to a delivery suite room to be constantly monitored. Now I'm not going to lie, it was bloody agony but I managed with just the pethidine for a while. I couldn't stand the gas and air, made me too woozy!

After another 4 hours I was examined again, and told that I was fully dilated and could start trying to push. They were a bit concerned about baby at this point, as he was still quite high up in my pelvis (despite being fully dilated) and they'd told me I have a low public arch, meaning it would be difficult for baby to get out as the space was so narrow so I was really nervous about pushing. I tried for an hour with no luck, and so they decided to examine me again - by this point it was 10am and they discovered I was actually 8cm not 10cm!!! They put me on syntocinon to speed things up so I decided to ask for an epidural which was the best thing I have ever done! Once it kicked in I actually managed to get a few minutes of snatched sleep over the course of the next 3 hours while I waited to be examined - again. By 2.30pm a dr came to see me and I was still only 8cm despite having the syntocinon on full blast, so he decided to do a caserean. It was all quite quick - within about 15 mins I was in theatre being prepped. But then at 15.26 our huge boy - dr said he was an elephant of a child!) was finally born weighing 9lb 2oz!!! He is absolutely perfect and I'm so in love, DH is so made up and proud. We've had a bit of a tricky night as he's not feeding well but it will take a while to get it established. And we still can't decide on a name!!!

So it finally happened, only 12 days late smile still in hospital at the moment and won't be home til tomorrow but we're both fine so might try and get out today....I really don't want to be here another night!

Jo I was the same about people seeing things, but honestly you're in so much pain at the time that you just don't care! I really did leave my dignity at door!! I just didn't care who saw what, especially in theatre when you don't even realise you're being manhandled because everything is so numb lol! Trust me now I've got my gorgeous boy here he is so worth everything xxxxxxxx

joanna1990marie Sat 01-Jun-13 09:30:24

Oh that's ok, thought it would be about 5 minutes of awkwardness

NeedSomeSun142 Sat 01-Jun-13 08:16:17

you will be fine it's really not that bad. it lasts 30 seconds at very most. x

joanna1990marie Fri 31-May-13 20:54:02

Maybe they'll give me a general anaesthetic first :-/. I really want this baby out but not sure if I want someone's fingers up my.....foofooo...they've said I don't have to, but naturals better than bein induced with chemicals!

Dont worry Joanna,just remember they see foof's all day every day. Even though it's embarrassing for you they are very used to it and really aren't bothered at all. And believe me, once you have had your baby you will lose track of the amount of people who have seem your foof and you really won't care wink

NeedSomeSun142 Fri 31-May-13 19:45:13

Haha nope no stirrups, do they still use them? I imagine something out of Victorian times

joanna1990marie Fri 31-May-13 17:58:43

Hmmm, as long as there's no stirrups involved! If only I could get drunk before hand, it'd be so much easier!

NeedSomeSun142 Fri 31-May-13 15:34:54

I reckon she's left us for the May babies thread lol its really not bad last 1 I had was a bloke but there was a nurse stood next to us so did feel that weird hmm . today was a woman, no they kind of look into thin air and concentrate it doesn't hurt just uncomfortable you will be fine, just think it might help you meet your baby sooner smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now