Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

anyone else due 31st may? need some buddies x

(226 Posts)
joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 11:24:49

So that's my due date, would be fun to see who else is due then and when we all go into labour, very excited x

mildred37 Fri 24-May-13 08:50:58

Good luck [sucks] flowers, can't wait to hear your news!

I have some news - I think my waters have broken! Heading to the delivery suite for assessment and am now having mild contractions. Will keep you updated! X

mildred37 Fri 24-May-13 15:07:41

Ok, I am so embarrassed. After spending all morning on delivery suite assessment, it turns out I have a raging case of thrush and what I thought were my waters were in fact discharge. Unfortunately they couldn't carry out an exam as the speculum wouldn't open hmm but they said there was alot of discharge and it wouldn't be there if my waters had gone.

So now I am home with chocolate and a mug of tea, feeling thoroughly fed up and annoyed with myself.

I hope you're all having better luck than I am!

Dillydollydaydream Fri 24-May-13 17:10:31

Ah sorry to hear that Mildred sad
It'll all be over soon enough. I'm 39wks now so hopefully have a max. 3wks left?!

joanna1990marie Fri 24-May-13 17:25:32

Awww Mildred I'm so sorry. How disappointing for you! X

preggersbycheggers Fri 24-May-13 22:21:26

39+1 now. Lots of twinges but nothing concrete.

Full moon tomorrow so maybe something will happen then??!!

mildred37 Sat 25-May-13 08:36:20

Ooh maybe! Am now nearly a week overdue so something needs to happen sad

How is everyone else? Any news from sucks?

NeedSomeSun142 Sat 25-May-13 08:51:01

No news here had sweep Wednesday and then yesterday at hospital, consultant said he doesn't think il be pregnant when weekend is over as cervix is very soft.

I hope he's right have developed new stretch marks v red and sore anyone else got stretch marks that hurt ?

SucksToBeMe Sat 25-May-13 12:39:49

Hope your thrush gets better Mildred hmm

I'm just waiting to get discharged. ELEC want great, had a crazy foreign surgeon who sang along to the Queen songs on his iPod!! Made the whole thing great fun!
How's everybody else today?

joanna1990marie Sat 25-May-13 12:52:06

Still big and pregnant, how is motherhood? Does it feel good to own your body again sucks? Glad everything went well. X

mildred37 Sat 25-May-13 22:48:07

It must be such an amazing feeling to have your baby in your arms after all our waiting smile

41 weeks tomorrow. Still nothing but have gone last caring now - he'll come when he's ready!

joanna1990marie Sat 25-May-13 23:04:23

Aww Mildred I feel for you, im 39+2 now and it feels like my skin is ripping on my belly! So can't imagine what it's like nearly 2 weeks later! Are they not inducing you soon?

mildred37 Sun 26-May-13 08:56:16

I've got another sweep booked for Tuesday morning, and m midwife said she can do another one 2-3 days after if nothing has happened again, then at 42wks they'll induce. I really hope it doesn't get to that though, is rather start off naturally. We are testing a new theory now - no mention of baby, bumps or births at all! Lol.

mildred37 Sun 26-May-13 12:58:40

Feeling really teary and fed up today. Sorry for TMI but the thrush is getting a lot worse before it gets better, and im beig ratty - poor DH can't do right for doing wrong sad

I hope everyone else is having better luck than I am.

NeedSomeSun142 Sun 26-May-13 14:12:12

You sound like me.... Feel like I could cry at drop of a hat. Don't want to see any one. DP took DS to a party so just sat brig a grump. Even the weather isn't making me feel any better!

mildred37 Sun 26-May-13 21:42:04

It sounds like we could all do with a big wine ....oh wait..

joanna1990marie Sun 26-May-13 21:54:59

I find it hilarious that wine bottles have a picture of a pregnant woman in a warning sign. As if we would anyway!

NeedSomeSun142 Sun 26-May-13 22:17:13

Well iv just had half a lager shock seen as tho I'm not actually meant to be still pregnant! 40+4!

joanna1990marie Mon 27-May-13 10:58:44

Lol, I shall be having a glass of wine before I go to the hospital, midwife on my antenatal classes said to relax as much as possible in early labour including chilling in the bath with a glass of rosé!

mildred37 Mon 27-May-13 15:09:03

Now that sounds like a plan Jo! I have has a couple of weak shandy's in the sun this weekend, but I am looking forward to my first cold glass of wine once this baby decides to arrive.

Sweep no.2 tomorrow - am going to make my midwife use her crochet hook I think lol!

joanna1990marie Mon 27-May-13 15:57:56

Hehehe, hope it gets things started this time! Well my next appointment with mw is on Friday! That's my due date, but still having no signs of impending labour. Just think though, only a few more days and you'll be induced, so you'll meet baby VERY soon. Won't be many of us left on here soon!

preggersbycheggers Mon 27-May-13 17:58:43

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Mildred.

Long walks can get things started too. Preferably uphill smile

I have my next apt on thurs and will have a stretch and sweep at the same time.

joanna1990marie Mon 27-May-13 18:44:04

Preggersbycheggars ur a day ahead of me, how have u got them to do u a sweep so soon?

mildred37 Tue 28-May-13 08:37:24

Oh dear. Complete and utter emotional breakdown this morning upon learning that 2 women had their babies over the weekend - one was due 2 days after me, the other not due til June!! Have been a moody, sobbing wreck all morning. Doesn't help that I feel bloody disgusting at the moment with this thrush that doesn't want to go away, it's a good thing midwife is coming today or I'd be at the hospital demanding they take this baby out now!!!!

NeedSomeSun142 Tue 28-May-13 08:40:45

I felt like this 2 days ago. Now I couldn't care he will arrive when he wants and I can't change it, go shopping retail therapy is best I find lol thanks

preggersbycheggers Tue 28-May-13 09:11:22

Joanna
2nd baby so can have it sooner I guess. Plus I did beg the midwife. I was 8 days over with my first - it drove me crazy!
She actually said she would have done it last week but for the fact I saw her on a Tuesday and so wasn't quite 39 weeks!
Tbh though if my cervix isn't ready for a sweep it won't make a damn bit of difference!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now