Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else due 31st may? need some buddies x

(226 Posts)
joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 11:24:49

So that's my due date, would be fun to see who else is due then and when we all go into labour, very excited x

We called him Iestyn grin we are welsh smile

He's gorgeous, can't take my eyes off him!

It feels so nice not being pregnant! Being able to bend over, put socks on and not be kicked to death is great smile and to finally have the baby in my arms. But I'm Very sore as I had to have an emergency forceps delivery and episiotomy as his heart rate kept dropping too low hmm but he's all safe and sound now and I can't believe we made him. I'm sure your DC will be along shortly wink

joanna1990marie Mon 20-May-13 10:31:57

Does breathing.feel different? I feel.out of breath all the time still and one midwife said its unbelievable that you don't realise how much your body compromises to accommodate the baby, including lung capacity!!

SucksToBeMe Mon 20-May-13 16:30:44

Congrats newly!!!! thanks

You chose a great name,
Never heard it before,how is he settling in?

He's gorgeous and settling in just fine, like he has always been here smile

Yes I can breath a bit better but it feels so weird after birth because you suddenly have all this space inside you and everything is floating around a bit! But settles down and is lovely to have him here instead of kicking me in the ribs! grin

shelli135 Mon 20-May-13 18:07:03

You need to change your name Newlywednotuptheduffanymore hehe grin

joanna1990marie Mon 20-May-13 18:51:51

Awww im so happy for you and also EXTREMELY jealous x

joanna1990marie Wed 22-May-13 10:14:14

Hows everyone doing? Any more new arrivals? Shows? X

mildred37 Wed 22-May-13 10:56:01

Nothing here. Had a sweep yesterday which resulted in a bloody show late afternoon and v.mild contractions in the evening, which have now disappeared sad

I watched an old episode of one born every minute last night, made me wonder why in actually wishing this all on myself lol!!

How are you doing OP?

joanna1990marie Wed 22-May-13 11:07:04

Oh dear, hope things pick up. Nothing happening here other than alot of wishful thinking, when I get the odd period pain I sit there willing them to get worse! They always go when I move though! Mw appointment today, was 3/5 last time, don't think there will be much change but one can only hope they find the head poking out while im there hmm

mildred37 Wed 22-May-13 17:10:25

How did you get on Jo?

I've had some progress. Lost my (totally disgusting) plug around lunchtime, have had on and off contractions/aching since. I've said it a million times before, but I really REALLY hope this is it now - I will be very upset if I once again wake up feeling fine!!!

joanna1990marie Wed 22-May-13 17:42:28

Awww everyones having signs but me! Lol. She's now 2/5 so still heading in the right direction, just EXTREMELY slowly for my liking! Im 38+5 now and measuring 40! Am I fat! ? Hope things keep goin for you, lucky bugger x

NeedSomeSun142 Wed 22-May-13 23:28:21

I had sweep today, baby been moving like mad since, this happen to anyone else? Can get quite painful as he is so low

joanna1990marie Thu 23-May-13 08:35:21

Can I give myself a sweep! Desperate now!

mildred37 Thu 23-May-13 09:02:46

Yes I found baby was more active after my sweep, especially in the evenings. I've banned DH from talking to the bump because its so uncomfortable now!

Still nothing from me. Fed up doesn't even begin to cover it.

mildred37 Thu 23-May-13 10:07:17

Feeling incredibly light headed, breathless and generally poorly today too which doesn't help.

Jo, DH keeps offering to "have a feel".....at first I was telling him where to go, now I'm seriously thinking about it!!!

Dillydollydaydream Thu 23-May-13 10:15:09

Hi. I'm due 31st May. Nothing to report here though. Had mw appt Monday and was 3/5 so that's a plus! Just wish I knew when and where things would happen.

joanna1990marie Thu 23-May-13 10:23:30

Lol Mildred, I've asked if my fella will do the do, to which he replied, only from the back! Charming! Dillydolly, we're due date twins and I'm in the same boat!

mildred37 Thu 23-May-13 11:05:54

Ok I've just had a 3rd person tell me they think ill have my baby today. Well half the day has nearly gone so it had better get a bloody move on lol!

Dillydollydaydream Thu 23-May-13 12:17:59

Still no baby!
My midwife swears there's a surge of births around the full moon which is Saturday? Wonder if there's any truth in it!?

joanna1990marie Thu 23-May-13 13:39:52

Hope so, anyone else's babies slowed down movement? Im quite worried, so might give triage a visit later, she still moves, just not much.

mildred37 Thu 23-May-13 14:27:32

Jo try not to worry too much, movement does slow down/minimise at the end of pregnancy as there isn't much room! However If you are concerned by all means give your midwife a call, that's why they're there. X

joanna1990marie Thu 23-May-13 14:51:59

It's been a gradual thing, before 37 weeks she was crazy all day everyday! As soon as I hit term she sort of turned into a couch potato, im forever poking her so she moves because I'm so paranoid! Poor thing.

SucksToBeMe Thu 23-May-13 16:04:22

I had my Pre Op today,have to go in tomorrow am. Do should be with child by 11am!! Eeeek!!!

Hope everybody is ok.

joanna1990marie Fri 24-May-13 05:48:28

Good luck with today suckstobeme, hope
Everything goes well, and congratulations in advance x

NeedSomeSun142 Fri 24-May-13 05:54:35

Good luck thanks I'm excited for you, must admit a little jealous too smile I want to meet my baby nowwww sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now