Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else due 31st may? need some buddies x

(226 Posts)
joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 11:24:49

So that's my due date, would be fun to see who else is due then and when we all go into labour, very excited x

joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 16:31:21

I've been eating about 1 and a half kilograms of ice a day! Have to buy the packs in as I can't freeze the water fast enough! And a whole cucumber. I don't watch it either, just had it pointed out to me by a lovely colleague which I promptly poked in the eye for telling me about it as now im paranoid people will think I've pinched it! Im a made in Chelsea person but no chance I'd call my daughter binky or cheska! X

luna40 Wed 15-May-13 16:32:49

I'm due May 31st!! Don't know what we're having, but my instinct is a boy... Already have DD who is 2. Been having lots of Braxton hicks lately, keep looking for 'the show' as well. Last time it was sex that set off my labour but ugh the idea of doing it whilst feeling this big and uncomfortable... not ideal

joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 16:35:06

Lol my partner refuses to have sex with me because now im so obviously pregnant he can't bear the idea! You know.......coz there's a baby up there.........erm duh.

luna40 Wed 15-May-13 16:35:51

I think I'm going to try clary sage this time around too. shelli its an aromatherapy/massage oil, meant to help with contractions I think.. I don't have any experience with it though

luna40 Wed 15-May-13 16:38:09

lol yes my DH is so scared of "hurting" the baby/bump and now that I'm so big finding a comfortable position is so awkward.. but I really do feel it was the sex that did the trick last time. Something about semen softening the cervix... it was only a few hours after that my waters went and contractions started fast and furious

joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 16:45:33

Luna40 how far along were you? X

luna40 Wed 15-May-13 16:48:47

40 +3 so really it could have just been coincidence. But we hadn't had sex in weeks and weeks so thats why I've convinced its what did the trick smile

mildred37 Wed 15-May-13 17:01:48

We've tried sex several times over the last couple of weeks and it didn't work for us sad have been advised to run up and down the stairs a few times but our stairs are so steep I'm terrified of slipping and breaking my neck lol!!

ButteryJam Wed 15-May-13 17:19:01

My partner is refusing to have sex too because he feels he'll hurt the baby as the midwife has said head is almost fully engaged (1/5). Don't feel like forcing him but may have to resort that ... wink

shelli135 Wed 15-May-13 17:44:19

I'm 3/5 engaged is it once you get to 5/5 that they are fully engaged or 0/5?m

O haven't heard of clary sage iv been eating pineapple, driving over every bump in the roads. I had the 'show' last week, not pleasant to look at lol.

It doesn't help when people say 'just be patient' or 'not long now', I don't care I want this baby out NOW!! Lol

Bunnychan Wed 15-May-13 17:50:55

I've had now show yet! I think I must be miles off :-( x

Bunnychan Wed 15-May-13 17:51:12

* no sorry

LetMeAtTheWine Wed 15-May-13 17:53:52

I am due 28th and can't wait! Avoiding trying to encourage an early appearance as OH is away until Monday.
Once he is back in the UK I will be scrubbing floors, investing in clary sage (?!) and eating curries. The sooner we meet our LO the better!

joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 18:11:17

0/5 is fully engaged x

shelli135 Wed 15-May-13 18:52:19

Do they engage bit by bit or can it happen really quick ?

joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 19:05:40

Not sure, but mine was free 5 days ago and today 3/5. Im hoping she'll drop the rest over night!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 15-May-13 19:37:34

Hi there

We've moved this one to our 'Antenatal Clubs' topic now.

Best of luck to everyone!

preggersbycheggers Wed 15-May-13 19:40:33

GP apt tomorrow and I'm hoping for 1/5 engaged or better still fully engaged. Was 2/5 at 36 weeks!

We are having a boy too. Already have one boy and think we have settled on Freddie, although tbh that could still change!!

joanna1990marie Wed 15-May-13 20:05:28

Blimey my lo is leaving it late to drop then! This is my 1st so thought it would've happened earlier than this

preggersbycheggers Wed 15-May-13 20:14:23

I wouldn't worry tbh. I don't think I was fully engaged at any of my antenatal appointments with my first. I had my DS at 41+1

bogwoppitinatree Wed 15-May-13 21:23:35

Mildred - I do particularly love pineapple - I think it would be finances stopping me from eating 7-8 a day rather than willingness to try smile
Clary sage is an essential oil and can induce contractions - it's also supposed to be good for relaxing during labour.
We are having a boy - wanted it to be a surprise but when it came to it both of us were too excited. Wilbur smile

shelli135 Wed 15-May-13 22:42:01

Awwhh Wilbur that's a lovely name, I love all the old fashioned names I wanted Herbie, but other half didn't like it.

Think we could try every trick in the book and the lil monkeys would still come out when they want.

I was induced at 42 last time don't think he would of come out if not forced, must of been too comfy, and he's still lazy now at 2 1/2 !!

ButteryJam Wed 15-May-13 23:45:39

Clary Sage? Haven't heard of that before! How much do too have and in what form???

joanna1990marie Thu 16-May-13 08:06:21

Any shows today?

Think I had a show early hours of this morning! But it wasn't as much as I expected and I did have a VE yesterday with the midwife so could it just be because of that? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now