Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduated Elerberries - 30+ and expecting DC1 (thread no 4)

(1000 Posts)
HazleNutt Tue 14-May-13 13:00:48

Welcome old and new graduates and everybody else who wants to join us, elderly primigravidas aka Elderberries.

Alexandra6 Mon 17-Jun-13 09:23:40

I think I get to start a new thread! Will do it now smile

Cavort Sun 16-Jun-13 21:20:34

Hazle 37 degrees?? shock Have you moved to Dubai? wink I vote you bunk off work and spend it floating around your pool with only your nose above water. Or evict the baby before then. grin

Janey maybe you should cancel your ice-cold post-birth beer/wine and have some lovely cold and flu drugs instead.

HazleNutt Sun 16-Jun-13 21:05:25

Not sure about the other ingredients in lemsip, but you can take paracetamol when pregnant. Would that help?

janey1234 Sun 16-Jun-13 21:01:12

Oweee I spoke too soon - just got out if the bath, sitting all relaxed on the sofa, and shooting pain in cervix! Serves me right really.

Still feel a bit rough, and the annoying thing is that I know I would feel fine if I could dose up. Hey ho not long now until I can have lemsip for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I so choose wait a minute is it allowed whilst breast feeding?! Not thinking about that

HazleNutt Sun 16-Jun-13 20:47:34

Oh, 37 degrees on Tuesday apparently. I'll die. Otherwise no signs of imminent labour.

Cavort Sun 16-Jun-13 20:32:27

Hi Janey, yes I am sleeping but my loo trips are generally two per night now and it takes me a while to get back to sleep so I don't wake up feeling like I've had a good enough sleep. I have been avoiding daytime napping so far but I think I am just going to surrender to it from now on. If labour can happen at any time I would rather feel as rested as possible when it does.

I haven't got a sore bump yet - just someone stabbing my voodoo doll in the cervix with a knitting needle!

Are you feeling any better?

janey1234 Sun 16-Jun-13 20:24:18

Agreed quod. I'm loving our shit summer!

Crap you can only get comfy on a gym ball now though - that sucks. My shooting pains in cervix seem to have lessened a bit over recent days thankfully. Are you sleeping ok still? Had a terrible night last night, but am hoping it was due to having a bit of a fever. I have to say my bump is actually quite sore in places these days. Odd. And ouch!

Cavort Sun 16-Jun-13 20:09:37

So, my latest gripe is my take-your-breath-away cervical shooting pains, which I have been moaning about having for the last few weeks, seem to be worsened by my usual sitting position on our lovely comfy sofa with my feet up, but are alleviated by sitting on a gym ball.
I am absolutely fine with the prospect of baby cooking for a few more weeks, but I am gutted at the prospect of spending all of it sitting on a gym ball. sad I guess this is my body telling me what it wants, but it's bloody hard to relax and unwind on a ball.

33 degrees Hazle, I bet you are glad you bought an air conditioner? For once in my life, I am absolutely not envy of someone else's good weather. I am more than happy with the current temperature here!

Quodlibet Sun 16-Jun-13 13:12:30

Adding the others from the top (unless they have changed):

Hazle - EDD 21st of June.
Cavort - EDD 26th June - Aaarrgghh!! Convinced baby will be late.
Purple - EDD 2nd July, will be induced on EDD if baby doesn't make an appearance before!
Janey - EDD 9th July, although pencilled in for 28th June.
Brave - EDD 22 July
Mother - EDD ?Early Nov
Alex - D-day 28th Nov
Quodlibet - EDD 15 Dec.
Frog - D-day 13th Jan 2014

Purple - EDD 2nd July, will be induced on EDD if baby doesn't make an appearance before!
Quodlibet - EDD 15 Dec.

Cavort Sun 16-Jun-13 10:18:09

Quodlibet - EDD 15 Dec.

Cavort Sun 16-Jun-13 10:17:11

Quodlibet - EDD 15 Dec.

Oh no Janey, are you feeling any better this morning or is it definitely the start of something? sad Small consolation but at least you're not at work.
Maybe I shouldn't count my chickens quite yet, but I haven't had any illness at all while pg. <touches own head in the absence of wood>

Frog did you get some good advice from the Workfest? I have only been off for 2 weeks and life is already turning into Groundhog Day, although I have a feeling that will chance once a baby turns up! I hope you find a decent project to get your teeth stuck into, whether it be at home or another job.

Aww Quod that sounds really tough, but I'm glad you are past the worst of the MS.

Has anyone seen the speculation thread on what Kim and Kanye will call their baby? Some of them are hilarious! grin

As a Fathers Day treat, we are having pancakes for breakfast. I have been removed from the process for being 'a rubbish tosser.' confused

HazleNutt Sun 16-Jun-13 10:13:58

as usual, whoever posts the last, makes a new thread.

Hazle EDD 21st of June.

My boss is panicking, wants to meet all the time to discuss the open items and has emailed me the whole weekend - what about this, what about that, have you done this, what did they say..gaah. And it's hot here now - I'd work from home otherwise, but have a big meeting so have to drag myself to another office, meaning car-walk-bus-walk and the weather report is sunny, 33 degrees. Fun.

janey1234 Sun 16-Jun-13 09:48:43

Janey - EDD 9th July, although pencilled in for 28th June

Frog - really don't envy your work situ. Yes time off is nice but am sure you'd have preferred it to be much further down the line. Good you manage to get something sorted

Quod - your work also sounds a nightmare. Has made me realise how much I've completely forgotten about my job already though! blush

Quodlibet Sun 16-Jun-13 09:34:45

Ooh Frog I am slightly jealous of your lady-of-leisuredom! It is the busiest and most stressful period of my year at the moment and this is my last day off before working 14 days straight. Long commutes at the moment too - I'm lucky I'm not a month behind where I am as only just getting my energy back - last month I was falling asleep at work with much easier days.

Ladies, we are in need of a new thread before this one combusts - and the next thread is finally going to go post-natal! Should we compile some stats?

Quodlibet EDD 15 Dec

Frogcatcher Sun 16-Jun-13 09:22:48

Morning all I was AWOL yesterday as went to a RL Mumsnet Workfest to try & figure out what on earth to do with my life career now.
brave finances are so tricky with OHs sometimes. I did earn more than DP & ended up lending him a large sum of money a while back to avoid him getting a CCJ for unpaid debts. He's pretty much paid that off now but the fact I'm losing my job is going to change the whole financial dynamic. All his spare money goes towards SS & his stupid fancy school that DP can't afford maintenance so any treats etc for us used to be paid for by me. I am going to have to be v frugal with my redundancy money to make it last as long as I want it to.

janey I think you deserve the superwoman badge for your babysitting yesterday! shock they're exhausting at that age! Hope you feel better soon.

Glad you got some reassurance alex.

Well I'm half joining you on the sofa tomorrow as not planning to go into the office this week but just keep an eye on mails. Official last day is Friday so will have to go back to hand on laptop etc. It's great as its maternity leave whilst I can still do stuff tho obviously it is a bit ridiculous starting it at 10 weeks! grin

HazleNutt Sun 16-Jun-13 07:29:54

I only had one cold during this pregnancy and it was miserable! Didn't even realise how much difference a lemsip makes. DH had the same, he just took the normal cold medication and was fine the next day. I was suffering for more than a week and the local pharmacies tried to sell me some homeopathic medicines. Of course those didn't make any difference.

janey1234 Sun 16-Jun-13 07:13:25

Ah, I don't think it was looking after children thing, I think it was illness related. Been up all night with a bit of a fever, swollen glands, sore throat etc. Lovely. I thought I felt rough last night - I was very moany and even writing my Dad's Father's Day card made my arm ache confused

I'd love a lemsip now. Who can't wait to be able to take medicine again?!!

Cavort Sat 15-Jun-13 23:21:54

Doesn't sound easy to me Janey, I am knackered just looking after my unborn one at the moment!

Been to see DH's family today. They are all lovely but are all bump gropers. I had to just grit my teeth and smile through it. hmm

HazleNutt Sat 15-Jun-13 21:47:26

Janey you know you're being silly - looking after a 2 and a 5-year old is exhausting for anybody and so is being heavily pregnant. Combine those two and it's amazing you even survived grin

in other news, apparently Kim Kardashian has had her baby - was early, of course.

janey1234 Sat 15-Jun-13 20:36:31

Moan alert...
Ok, this is all starting to get a bit tiring now. Been looking after my 2 year old niece and 5 year old nephew all day on my own. Easy you'd think? Well it was, but I'm absolutely whacked now. Had a lovely day, although they were running riot at one point - nephew sat on my shoulders shouting "get them now" whilst my niece grabbed my glasses and ran and hid them in another room! But now I feel so tired I'm struggling to stay upright - and it's only 8.30pm. Lordy, what's wrong with me?!

HazleNutt Fri 14-Jun-13 20:31:57

So talking about long labours, I probably shouldn't tell you, but that the colleague of mine with horrible pregnancy who just had 4,2 kilo baby? She reported that she also had 24 hour labour, 2 hours of pushing and forceps delivery. Some people have all the luck, really..

Luckily at least mum and baby are both fine.

Quodlibet Fri 14-Jun-13 18:54:18

Brave that's an incredible achievement shifting that debt by the way.

Quodlibet Fri 14-Jun-13 18:52:44

Glad all is good Alex, hopefully you can have a relaxing weekend now.

I agree about splitting time/money fairly so that you both have equal disposable income and equal free time after children - in an ideal world. It is complicated though when you come to a relationship with existing baggage. In my rel it is the opposite situation - I have savings (from being v conservative with money and doing jobs I hated) while DP has credit card debts (from refusing to do jobs he hated!) and when we bought our flat we worked out that my savings would still be mine and his debts his as that seemed fairer than me effectively paying off his past purchases. Anyway. I am lucky in that DP sees things as I do - he is always commenting how unfair my sister's relationship is; her partner has all the free time and disposable income as he is the 'earner' whereas she has barely any being at home with baby. For us the lines will be a lot more blurred as both of us aim to keep our careers going, and both our work is flexible enough for us to share childcare, though I have no doubt we will have our share of money arguments too.

Glad they managed to check you out Alex, hopefully it will out your mind at rest a bit.

This thread is not accepting new messages.