Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 - knicker checking, cramps, sore boobs, sickness, hungry, sleepy neurotic mums to be.... Roll on 12 week scan!!

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 18:45:19

And off we go again....... grin

TarkaTheOtter Mon 13-May-13 20:18:11

mrsgr was the first thing that came to my head, from here. Would love to have a clever pun name but too stupid can't think of one.

Frizz I didn't have any real symptoms until 9ish weeks with dd.

MrsGSR Mon 13-May-13 20:32:46

I was wondering if it was that, I am from Westward Ho! very close to the Taw & Torridge rivers, I spent most of my childhood cycling on the Tarka trail smile

I think I can handle the midwife being uninterested, I really want the scan so it wont stop me anyway!

TobyLerone Mon 13-May-13 20:39:00

Thanks for the info, foody -- it sounds fab! smile

MrsGSR, my MW knows I'm going for a private scan. My NHS hospital is super busy at the moment, with labour/antenatal services being shut down in other hospitals nearby, so I think she's glad I'm not pushing for an early NHS scan. She wants to see me afterwards.

Foodylicious Mon 13-May-13 20:40:46

Also just share this site i have just found for mat bras and clothes
http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+2-pack-maternity-sleep-bras+a9252

Frizz1986 Mon 13-May-13 20:43:50

Thanks tarka
Nice to know i am not weird having few symtoms. I had more before I found out I was pg.
I dont know why i am disappointed that i have very few symtoms, i mean I go to bloody China on honeymoon in 2 weeks and a 10hr flight is gonna be bad if i am throwing up loads!
Whats the betting my symptoms arrive the day before we fly.

LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 20:58:46

OMG ladies we can really talk... It's only been 2 hours and we are already on page two grin

Tarka congratulations on your gorgeous BFP...... flowers

alteredimages Mon 13-May-13 21:02:44

Hey sultanajo

They test for toxoplasma as soon as a pregnancy is confirmed by an hcg test and since it showed that I don't have it and am not immune the gp said today i'd have to be tested monthly. I think the lab report just recommended once a month before the birth though and the gp won't actually be responsible for my care during the pregnancy so we'll see. He spent a long time impressing on me the importance of cooking meat all the way through and not eating salads in restaurants so it might just be they take extra care because the French love raw meat so much!grin

TobyLerone Mon 13-May-13 21:02:55

Hi tarka, btw smile

MoreBoober Mon 13-May-13 21:06:24

Hi
Can I join in. I'm a graduate of the May Bus in the conception threads. I'm 4+4 with no 2 and only found out last week. We have a DS who is nearly 2.5 and have been trying for no 2 since Christmas. Still getting my head round it and very excited.
Have had the munchies since I found out grin

LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 21:09:56

Congratulations more. flowers

marking my place in the new thread!

As the bfp was so faint, although it definitely has a colour, all day today I've been stressing about it. Maybe I've just made it up? DH could see the line too, but I've put a pic here if people won't mind having a look to reassure me? It's just an internet cheapy one, will be going to get another one tomorrow, but i'm dwelling about it.

Meanwhile I'm shattered. I'm also intermittently refluxy, which isn't great.

Thanks for all the good luck wishes ladies, going to have an early night I think - so so tired today and I think the nausea this morning was real -I can't really face the rest of dinner. Bleurgh.

Telling my mum tomorrow though, cannot WAIT! I am amazed it has not blurted out of my mouth before now.

BumpAndGrind Mon 13-May-13 21:22:49

My scan today brought me forward to EDD Boxing Day....but I feel all settled here with you ladies now. blush

I wonder who will be the first to pop! grin

Fuls Mon 13-May-13 21:24:14

Wow thread 2 already and a good half an hour of reading lol

Sorry to hear of the losses flowers

So 5 weeks today and just waiting for gp to confirm my pregnancy argh had to drop off a bottle of urine felt like just showing my stick and photos. What a waste of money and they want gp' s to run the nhs!!!

LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 21:24:30

Humpty don't forget to let us know hw you get on tomorrow....

Frying. I can see a faint line... Hopefully you will feel better about it tomorrow.

TobyLerone Mon 13-May-13 21:28:22

That is a definite BFP, fryingpan. Mine was like that. I got a digital one to confirm.

It won't be me, bump! My DC were both induced at 40+14. Plus I know when I ovulated, so although my MW says 31st Dec, I'm guessing more like 5th Jan. Or 19th if previous form is anything to go by!
I'll probably be last!

Thanks littlePeaPod

We've gone through so much. We had 7 Conceptions (according to the consultant, they aren't miscarriages if they happen before 6 weeks - he's a charmer!) and then my ds, and then a miscarriage at 11 weeks, and now this. So i'm a bit all over the place with it

Thanks toby

MrsGSR Mon 13-May-13 21:41:40

My GP didn't do a urine or blood test, she just took my word for it, which worries me.

We've just told my sister and MIL, told them is very very early so not too get excited but I needed to have someone to talk to and I don't think they would have forgiven me if I didn't!

MrsAVB Mon 13-May-13 21:42:20

Marking place... Thanks pea x

LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 21:48:19

Frying great to hear the positive result after you went through so much. That consultant sounds like an insensitive dick!

MrsGSR my surgery just accepted my home tests too. I fact booked straight in with MW (this Weds) and never saw doctor. Not sure she even knows I am pregnant.....

Except for ladies that theres today. Has anyone else got a scan and/or MW appointment this week?

Frizz1986 Mon 13-May-13 21:50:04

Thats exactly what mine looked like frying so I would say its a bfp smile
I did a tesco one straight after and it was a little bit darker and then the next day i did a digital and it confirmed it.
Lines slowly got darker and now i even get a line late afternoon.

Frizz1986 Mon 13-May-13 21:52:52

pea i have a midwife app on wed. I called the docs and told them i had a positive home test and they just booked me in with the midwife asap so am not really sure what will happen.

I assume she will just take my info and go through any concerns that I have and that will be all.

LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 21:55:00

Frizz I am in on Weds morning too. Last time they took some details and bloods. Filled some forms out and scheduled my booking in appointment at home..

LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 21:55:50

Oh and I had to take a pea sample in. Although not been asked to this time confused

This thread is not accepting new messages.