Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 - knicker checking, cramps, sore boobs, sickness, hungry, sleepy neurotic mums to be.... Roll on 12 week scan!!

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 18:45:19

And off we go again....... grin

Ooh shiny new thread! Thanks Pod!

<marks place for later>

LittlePeaPod Mon 13-May-13 18:54:43

Yeeeaaaaa... Will keep posted link so we don't leave anyone behind... grin

Marking place smile

lovelilies Mon 13-May-13 19:15:01

Hello grin so difficult to keep up with you all!
DP bought a digital POAS today so we can have one to keep... do they 'keep'?
One minute it's all yay we're having a baby, then it's hmmm, is this real? I'm 4+4 today smile

lovelilies Mon 13-May-13 19:17:22

Sleepiness- I managed 11 hours straight last night, plus a 2 hour nap this afternoon grin
Got a 13 hour shift tomorrow so trying to bank some sleep before he he. 1st day back since bfp... will be hard not letting on!

Sultanajo Mon 13-May-13 19:17:40

Marking place - thanks very much pea! X

love the battery ran out on mine after about 48 hours.... I took a picture.

BumpAndGrind Mon 13-May-13 19:29:16

YoniIfYouSayPlease here with brand new NN!

Marking place! Thanks pea.

I'm going to a dinner with my boss tomorrow. Hoping she doesn't notice I'm off the wine, but she's a bit of a wine buff so she might well.

Congrats to those who've had good scans, and hugs to those for whom the news isn't so good.

Marking place! Thanks for doing this pea. Feeling really sickly now, the only time I don't is when I've just eaten. Trouble is I never know what it is I actually want to eat..

Foodylicious Mon 13-May-13 19:48:57

HI! so at the scan today I expected to be 6+5 weeks, think this is why she just did an external/normal ultrasound, she had to press really hard which was a bit painful in places (said she was pressing to hard as it was so small) and difficult with a full bladder! could see round sack with bean shape in the middle, could see the fluttery heart beath and everything!! she said all looked ok from what she could see, and gave me approx date of 6+1 based on size of 5mm (sooooo tiny!). But its just am approx date based on size as it varies quite a bit. Will get better idea at dating scan. Got booking in appt with MW tomorrow too!
this site has good info re sizes/what is going on
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnancy/calendar/week/6
Oh and love the display stays on the digi ones for about 24hrs only, i took a photo of mine (all 5 of them)

BookTart Mon 13-May-13 19:51:39

Cheers pea marking my place while I wait for my food delivery to turn up. Don't they know I'm HUNGRY?!

Good luck to humpty for tomorrow and flowers to vengeful, littleballoffur and missmakes - be kind to yourselves.

MrsGSR Mon 13-May-13 19:55:35

I like the new thread name!

My digital ran out of battery after about 24 hours, but I took a couple pictures first smile

I think I'm hoping to book a scan for 9 weeks, did anyone speak to their midwives before booking the private scan?

TarkaTheOtter Mon 13-May-13 19:58:28

Can I join this thread please? Totally missed the boat on the last one!

I'm 5weeks2 days (due 11th Jan) with dc2. Chances are I'll actually be induced end Dec due to GD but crossing fingers I don't get it this time round and will be allowed to go to term.

TarkaTheOtter Mon 13-May-13 20:00:30

mrsgr I had a private scan at 10weeks with my dd and didn't tell the midwife beforehand. They gave me a report at the scan with measurements and I kept a copy in my notes but she didn't seem that interested.

MrsGSR Mon 13-May-13 20:02:01

Welcome Tarka smile just out of interest (if you don't mind me asking) where did you get your name?

Frizz1986 Mon 13-May-13 20:02:57

foody i took a photo of my digital test too. Just hope no one sees it on my phone! Was gutted when the results eventually disappeared.
Have another 2 saved to do before midwife on wednesday as well.

My boss asked me if i was ok today as she thought i looked tired, felt so bad lying. Have been getting all the girls in my office to join me in drinking lots more squash/water (going for the being healthy lie) in the hope that they wont find it weird me going to the toilet all the time as they will be too.
Also managed to slip into general being healthy conversation about my "nurse check up on wednesday just to make sure blood pressure and weight are ok" lol.
Hope they buy the lies and dont wonder if its something else.

Hoping dh will tell his folks on wed after i have seen the midwife as really want to get telling my boss out of the way.

Would really like some more symptoms to appear (bigger boobs would be great) as really not feeling pg at the mo. i know its stll very early but nothing quite feels real.

MrsGSR Mon 13-May-13 20:03:06

I have an irrational fear that the midwife will be mad at me for getting a private scan before talking to her!

Hello everyone,

flowers missmakes, vengeful and fur. The lavender is indeed a lovely idea.

Just got back from my third GP appointment and he filled in the pregnancy declaration so now I should get a card saying I don't have to stand in queues and can go right to the front! I can also demand people get up and give me their seat on public transport though I doubt I'd have the guts.

Test results were all fine but need to take toxoplasma test monthly for rest of pregnancy. And he gave me charcoal for gas.

Now got referral for obstetrician though I'm not sure what they can actually do when I'm only 7 weeks along...anyone with experience of pregnancy in France?

Sultanajo Mon 13-May-13 20:12:16

Humpty best of luck for tomorrow! wink

Sultanajo Mon 13-May-13 20:13:43

Hey Altered am curious to know why u r having monthly toxo tests if you dont mind me asking? X

extracrunchy Mon 13-May-13 20:15:03

Hi everyone!!

PeggySusan Mon 13-May-13 20:15:55

Marking my place too. Thanks pea.

Sultanajo Mon 13-May-13 20:17:51

MrsGSR I know what u mean. I had my booking appointment the day after my private scan and when I showed the results to the midwife she really wasnt interested as Tarka experienced and asked me why I had gone for it, like it was weird! Dont let it put u off, I would do it again and still be just as excited seeing my bean! blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.